Page 799 of 929 FirstFirst ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,975 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I truly believe it what I say.
    We are all very well aware. Dog speed buddy.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

We're talking about developing a NEW vaccine tailored for a NEW variant.
    Nope. This has been explained to you by multiple people multiple ways. You are ignoring that rather than saying you don't understand, thus you are rightly accused of being a troll.

You guys are totally clueless on how a huge chunk of the US thinks.
    And to them I would patiently explain it. And I'd do it again. And I'd have someone else do it. Then I'd recognize the futility of further explanation and say "well, this is complex stuff, it is OK to leave it to the experts."

But in Clown World, people with room temp IQs are applauded for demanding that their understanding of the world be acknowledged as the true limit of understanding.

Expertise is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Mofro, is a vaccine specifically developed for Omicron a new vaccine or is it exactly the same as the three Pfizer shots I already got? When you say "Influenza vaccines are re-formulated each year to account for different strains" does "re-forumlated" mean the same thing as "new?"

Summit, if I don't understand what it is you are talking about, 90% of TGR readers don't understand either and just don't bother to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    If you change a few "letters" in the mRNA to match to the Omicron spike protein instead of the Wuhan-1 spike protein, is that a "new" vaccine?
    Yes. Why wouldn't you call this "new"? Anyway, like I said, it's semantics. If I replace "new" with "re-formulated" like Mofro used, would it make you happy? Or if rather than call it "new," we call it "variant specific vaccine" (that's what I've seen some articles refer it to).
    Last edited by altasnob; 01-19-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Mofro, is a vaccine specifically developed for Omicron a new vaccine or is it exactly the same as the three Pfizer shots I already got?
    You can’t be this fucking stupid.

But in Clown World, people with room temp IQs are applauded for demanding that their understanding of the world be acknowledged as the true limit of understanding.
    Sig worthy

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

What are you talking about? We're talking about developing a NEW vaccine tailored for a NEW variant. Yes, it is the same technology with minimal changes. But it is not the exact same vaccine that is currently being administered. In layman's terms, it's a NEW recipe. Stupid argument because it just comes down to your definition of new.

I'm not pushing buttons. You guys are totally clueless on how a huge chunk of the US thinks. 33% are unvacinated. This isn't some small, isolated, sub group. It's a third of the fucking country. 50% of the world is unvaccinated. Scientist may be very good at developing vaccines but they aren't so good at figuring how to convince Bubba he needs to get a new shot every six months.
    ( post preservation )

no, altasnob - it is not a new vaccine; it is changed - not new.
    it does not have anything to do with 'layman's terms' - it is You demanding that your definifition be satisfied. Just no.

Yes, You are pushing buttons. it is a form of trolling - Just criticism, You offer no solution. You use phrases like, "little gated community" to refer to "the US".
    'the US' is hardly " a little gated community. "

You insult the people ( "Bubba" ) you appear to seek to represent.

with 9.8Billion people vaccinated, I would say a Good start has been made
    ( the delivery of vaccination is not the responsibilty of "Scientists") --

end part one. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 01-19-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Trolling is someone who doesn't believe in what they say just to cause a ruckus. I truly believe it what I say. From the beginning of the pandemic, I thought our entire response was too focused on how to keep our little gated communities safe (i.e. the US) while saying fuck off to the rest of the planet. I'm a big picture, long term thinker. And the big picture, long term, shows that it really doesn't matter if 100% of America is vaccinated with a vaccine made for the dominant variant if Africa and other shit hole countries stay at 7% vaccination. And domestically, I want 100% to get vaccinated but question whether shoving it down the throat of the 33% who remain vaccine skeptical is the right way to accomplish that goal, particularly when we plan to CONTINUALLY vaccinate that 33%. There is nothing wrong with questioning the status quo.
    ( post preservation, volume two )

altasnob. Do you really consider "the US" a "little gated community" ?

news flash : by my understanding of that term, it is Not ( a gated community )
    ( how do you included the homeless populations in Seattle and Portland in your "little gated community" ? )

I have addressed your trolling above -

( please ) offer an alternative solution.
    Your criticism of the Real, Good Work. ... Yes, it is trolling - Because You don't offer an alternative.

' Scientists develop vaccines, but they don't administer them. '
    Well, altasnob, we live in an age of specialization. it is not the responsibility of the of the Scientists to design the mechanism of distribution, And I would say with 9.8Billion doses administered in a year, that Work is being done.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

29Million doses are being administered daily.
    I believe that is a good start.

(( altasnob. If you want to equate vaccination with "shooting up" , I do not believe you can ever be part of the solution. ( troll away, poor thing. ) ))

My thanks to those who have offered your expertise in response to this junk.

LSL, Summit, Mofro ; MUnicorn, Mult- - Thank you All. And there are others... Thank you.

if you are reading, you know my message : Please maintain your vaccination immunity with timely boosters.

good night. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 01-19-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ( post preservation, volume two )
    Hey skiJ, I'm not Dumb Old Dad deleting my posts. I find your stupid fucking "post preservation" bullshit insulting. Go do some research and come back to us with something interesting.

Hey skiJ, I'm not Dumb Old Dad deleting my posts. I find your stupid fucking "post preservation" bullshit insulting. Go do some research and come back to us with something interesting.
    If we do nothing at the beginning of the pandemic, just go on life as usual, fuck it attitude as you're suggesting, the hospitals would've been overrun and there would've been much excess death. There probably has been a lot of excess death in the states who have given zero fucks, take Florida for example. They even deflate their COVID numbers to make it seem less severe down there and it's still a total shit show. So I guess I don't agree that we shouldn't have been concerned primarily at first with the USA. What do you suggest the USA do at the beginning of the pandemic to enforce SD measures or what have you in other countries? Seems like a fools errand.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

These vaccines would NOT be NEW. JFC get it through your thick fucking skull.
    Maybe a way to think about it would be a different version of a similar airplane...like how there are Boeing 747SP, 747-400, 74708, VC-25, etc. They're different, but not different enough to be starting from scratch....whereas comparing the Wright Flyer to a Dreamliner is a completely different aircraft...like comparing the polio vaccine and the mRNA covid vaccines...very different so the initial mRNAs had to go through trials but slight adjustments do not need as rigorous of trials.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Well, I’m still here. Woke up from a 3 day nyquil nap, and felt like jogging. Too cold and under quarantine. When it hit me Sunday night it was like 3 Para at Mt Longdon. Flares, gunfire in all directions, delirium. Wow, thank god it didn’t continue. Told my accountant his wife was a dumb ass for not being Vaxed. I blame the NyQuil.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mofro, is a vaccine specifically developed for Omicron a new vaccine or is it exactly the same as the three Pfizer shots I already got? When you say "Influenza vaccines are re-formulated each year to account for different strains" does "re-forumlated" mean the same thing as "new?"

Summit, if I don't understand what it is you are talking about, 90% of TGR readers don't understand either and just don't bother to admit it.

Yes. Why wouldn't you call this "new"? Anyway, like I said, it's semantics. If I replace "new" with "re-formulated" like Mofro used, would it make you happy? Or if rather than call it "new," we call it "variant specific vaccine" (that's what I've seen some articles refer it to).
    Every fucking year the flu vaccine is "different", tweaked to the most likely variants they expect. It's not a NEW flu vaccine that has to go through all three phases of clinical trials.. But, it's also not the exact same as last year either.. Make sense now?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

altasnob arguing with mofro about vaccines is pretty damned funny. and telling.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    All you've got to do is read the journals.

It's just like how reading the laws makes lawyerin' so simple.

I totally get that we put out flu vaccines every year without clinical trials. And I get that Mofro, Summit, and Old Goat are all saying we should do the same for COVID vaccines. What I am wondering is why this Prof Sir Andrew Pollard guy, who apparently helped make the AstraZeneca vaccine, is telling me he disagrees with the stance of Mofro/Summit/Old Goat, et al?

When I dig in and try decipher why Sir Pollard thinks this way, I get:

"We haven't even managed to vaccinate everyone in Africa with one dose so we're certainly not going to get to a point where fourth doses for everyone is manageable."

He also states that at the current moment, he is not convinced the UK will ever need another booster shot, ever. He qualifies this statement by saying his opinion could change depending on what future variants emerge. And his statement is limited to the situation in the UK, not elsewhere.
    I am not remotely in the same league as Mofro and Summit science-wise and don't belong in the same sentence.

You do have a point that some people will be suspicious of an omicron vaccine because it hasn't been tested. The same unvaccinated people who are suspicious of the first generation vaccines because they "haven't been tested".

What are you talking about? We're talking about developing a NEW vaccine tailored for a NEW variant. Yes, it is the same technology with minimal changes. But it is not the exact same vaccine that is currently being administered. In layman's terms, it's a NEW recipe. Stupid argument because it just comes down to your definition of new.

I'm not pushing buttons. You guys are totally clueless on how a huge chunk of the US thinks. 33% are unvacinated. This isn't some small, isolated, sub group. It's a third of the fucking country. 50% of the world is unvaccinated. Scientist may be very good at developing vaccines but they aren't so good at figuring how to convince Bubba he needs to get a new shot every six months.
    Goddamn dude. Do you want a participation prize for thinking?

OH THE DESPERATION!!!
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

With all the willful ignorance and avoidable severe illness and death it’s some sort or miracle if all the emergency health care people don’t simply quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Every fucking year the flu vaccine is "different", tweaked to the most likely variants they expect. It's not a NEW flu vaccine that has to go through all three phases of clinical trials.. But, it's also not the exact same as last year either.. Make sense now?
    Thanks for the response dumbed down to my 6th grade NYTimes intellect. When I read about Omicron specific vaccines currently in the works, they use words like "clinical studies." So I assume there is some kind of of clinical trial requirement before it is approved for release. If that's not the case, why don't they just release an Omicron specific vaccine today for those who want it? It's already being manufactured today.

pst: it’s why people hate lawyers. To some what matters is the usefu
    answer, not the right answer

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Maybe a way to think about it would be a different version of a similar airplane...like how there are Boeing 747SP, 747-400, 74708, VC-25, etc. They're different, but not different enough to be starting from scratch....whereas comparing the Wright Flyer to a Dreamliner is a completely different aircraft...like comparing the polio vaccine and the mRNA covid vaccines...very different so the initial mRNAs had to go through trials but slight adjustments do not need as rigorous of trials.
    I think you are going for the idea of an amended TC... less work than a new type certificate, but still a ton of work and there is a fuck ton more different between a VC-25 vs a 747-100 than there is between say the Pfizer mRNA vaccine and the tweaked version for Omicron. Amended type certs might be analogous to flu vaccine updates swapping strains, but this is out of my expertise.

Omicron evades the immune system (largely) by "looking" different and replicating quickly. It does this with mutations to significantly less than 1% of its genetic code.

Easier analogy

The "tweaks" for a COVID mRNA vaccine to make it target Omicron is more taking a new Audi that Car and Driver reviewed and NHTSA did crash tests on, then "tweaking" it by painting the car a different color, swapping the headlight bulbs, stripping off the badging, adding some LED accent lights and a window tint. It looks different, but it isn't a new car.

Does that car need to go through crash testing again? Hell naw!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Well, my turn to catch the kung flu.

Double vaxxed with moderna, woke up yesterday with fever, chills, cough. Added body aches to the list this morning. Took the monoclonal antibody today, so we'll see if that speeds things up.
    Aren't we over the racial slurs at this point? Know any Asian Americans that have been treated poorly for no reason since this all started up?

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yeah, just call it boomer remover like the rest of the world does.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Well, my turn to catch the kung flu.

Double vaxxed with moderna, woke up yesterday with fever, chills, cough. Added body aches to the list this morning. Took the monoclonal antibody today, so we'll see if that speeds things up.
    Why’d you jump right to the monoclonal antibodies?

How’d you get to the front of the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Why’d you jump right to the monoclonal antibodies?

How’d you get to the front of the line?

Our local hospital had them available. Right after they gave me the results they gave me a handout with the number to call if I wanted them.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.