Page 143 of 929 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 23206
    J&J this morning.

Was a bit disconcerting seeing one guy being tended to by paramedics in the 15 minute after shot waiting lot... and then him being taken off in an ambulance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/polit...XYT2RhQKuLstd4

Any theories on why are 40% of marines are not getting vaxed ?
    Same reason Republican men aren't getting vaxxed. Being afraid of a little virus you can't even see isn't manly. Getting vaxxed is something pencil neck pansy liberals do. It's political. They're influenced by their friends--just like liberal antivaxxers. The excuse people use for not getting the shot--the speed with which it was developed--is a socially acceptable reason but not the real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Because it's their first chance to tell the military no?

I think this is correct. The other vaccinations they receive are mandatory.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/polit...XYT2RhQKuLstd4

Any theories on why are 40% of marines are not getting vaxed ?
    Which brings me back to my point that I think we have a much bigger problem than some people think we do with active military and a possible civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Which brings me back to my point that I think we have a much bigger problem than some people think we do with active military and a possible civil war.
    What a tool. You should try spending some time outside. Doom scrolling is not a good look
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

isnt that called cutting off your nose to spite your face ?

"Marines"?

Maybe give them a delicious new pack of Crayons and jab them while they’re distracted?

Moderna #1 on Wednesday, felt fine through Thursday and got cocky. Friday felt like I got hit by a train. No fever/chills but an overwhelming general malaise combined with dizziness and a little nausea. Not looking forward to potential #2 side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    What a tool. You should try spending some time outside. Doom scrolling is not a good look
    Take a lap
    Very persuasive argument.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    1) It appears that all of the suspect ingredients for J&J were tossed..... you should be good there
    2) Preggo is OK so long as the doc and patient are OK with it..... so you're good three
    3) delaying getting vaccinated prolongs the amount of time the virus is in the wild and able to mutate.....

I'd recommend just getting it. pharma has pretty tight qc
    Fuckkkkk

If you’re prego and get jabbed, sorry. Wtf. Don’t cry about any stillbirth. Been there. Done that. Without vax.
    Just shelter. Be safe. Distance. Care for your soon to be child.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuckkkkk

If you’re prego and get jabbed, sorry. Wtf. Don’t cry about any stillbirth. Been there. Done that. Without vax.
    Just shelter. Be safe. Distance. Care for your soon to be child.
    I reserve this for maybe a couple of times a year, but you are worth it. Feel honored.

You are a fucking idiot.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Even in the German slow vac Republic I was to get my first shot of biontec today because I'm a teacher. Hopefully this thing is over by the Whitsun/pentecost holidays.(no clue what that Jesus dude did there, but I gladly take the two weeks off) 2 weeks of surfing or Climbing would be great.
    5g reception is phenomenal.

I actually felt worse before the jab. Sleep deprivation and the arrival of extra kids do that to an old man like myself.

Sent from my SM-G988B using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I reserve this for maybe a couple of times a year, but you are worth it. Feel honored.

You are a fucking idiot.
    And my stillborn dead child regrets you were a live birth

Why the fuck would a pregnant woman do anything other than take care of her baby. Fuck. Is it for the Instagram? Is it for the bragging rights? Uggh. We are screwed when mothers can’t ease up for the precious nine months. Maybe drinking and smoking and vax jabbing in utero is no big deal to you. But it’s mental.
    . . .

Wow. Drinking smoking and vaccines in the same line of thought. So getting hospitalized with a disease that attacks almost all kinds of body cells and gets you intubated is taking care of your baby? You have certainly scaled exceptional heights of stupidity with that post.

It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    You have certainly scaled exceptional heights of stupidity with that post.

I'm just here to compliment that delightful turn of phrase. Nicely done.

Pregnant friend who is married to pediatrician got the jab. Logic being antibodies get passed through to baby. Not sure if the RNA from the vax gets passed as well or not, and what the long term effects would be. I don't think it is 100% guaranteed safe, but given all the options, she felt it was the best for her and her baby. If breast feeding the belief is mom will pass antibodies, but not RNA through breast milk, to nursing baby.

On one level it feels like Core Shot passing on the mother of all logical fails is pure, bannable evil. But sometimes it helps to see counter-logical reasoning all laid out like that.

Yesterday my nephew wanted to buy something at a gas station. When asked if he had his mask handy he said, "Do we still have to wear a mask? The people at Walmart aren't wearing masks."

It was a very teachable moment.

Sorry for your loss, Core Shot. Please don't go around wishing random evil on others. Even by subtle implication.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    For others that are thinking along these lines, realize that “all set in two weeks” means 74% protection against infection (closer to 100% against hospitalization and death). Bear in mind that real world studies show 80% protection two weeks after the first Pfizer shot and it’s fair to assume Moderna would be similar. 90%+ protection two weeks after the second shot. They are also showing good protection against variants so far.

I still think it’s safe to say that you should take whatever shot you can get, but if you have the option for one or the other in a similar timeframe I wouldn’t necessarily make my decision based on the notion of having superior protection sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There are some also that discuss the two step shots being based off of mRNA vs the J&J...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    J&J this morning.

Was a bit disconcerting seeing one guy being tended to by paramedics in the 15 minute after shot waiting lot... and then him being taken off in an ambulance.
    Feel like I fell off a roof today.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Feel like I fell off a roof today.
    Bummer....but at least it will pass.

Worked the 2nd vax clinic yesterday. Most people were pretty psyched to get their 2nd jab. However there were more than a couple who expressed concern about having that 2nd dose response (we were counselled to not use the word "reaction").

Rest up!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

All y’all that are able to post on social media while experiencing side effects, it ain’t all that bad. For about 8 hrs, I couldn’t sit up to drink water or open my eyes the day following my moderna #2.

Core shot, suggestion: get some help. If you’re already getting help, keep talking to your counselor. it reads like you are still deep in grief about your stillborn child. I have a few friends (mothers and fathers) that went through a still born experienced, and they will carry some level of grief their whole life. Professional help has helped them all manage their grief.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Even in the German slow vac Republic I was to get my first shot of biontec today because I'm a teacher. Hopefully this thing is over by the Whitsun/pentecost holidays.(no clue what that Jesus dude did there, but I gladly take the two weeks off) 2 weeks of surfing or Climbing would be great.
    5g reception is phenomenal.

I actually felt worse before the jab. Sleep deprivation and the arrival of extra kids do that to an old man like myself.

Pentecost is Greek for Shavuos, the Hebrew spring harvest festival (I learned Ashkenazi pronunciation and I'm sticking with it). The Christians stole the word from us. (And why is there a Greek word for a Jewish holiday you ask? Alexander the Great.)

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Pregnant friend who is married to pediatrician got the jab. Logic being antibodies get passed through to baby. Not sure if the RNA from the vax gets passed as well or not, and what the long term effects would be. I don't think it is 100% guaranteed safe, but given all the options, she felt it was the best for her and her baby. If breast feeding the belief is mom will pass antibodies, but not RNA through breast milk, to nursing baby.
    As I understand it the mRNA stays in the mother's cells and is destroyed by enzymes if any leaks out. Also, mRNA is destroyed within the cell once it has made a protein. So mRNA is not passed from mother to fetus. I believe the nanoparticles containing the mRNA in the vaccine are too big to cross the placenta.
    https://theconversation.com/what-is-...accines-158511

I came across this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545769/
    Ignore the contents, look at the date--2017. This is not rushed technology. It is years-old technology waiting for the right disease to come along. And of course people have been working on coronavirus vaccines since SARS 18 years ago. Boasting about the speed of the vaccine development was a major PR mistake--they should have emphasized the years of work that went into the mRNA vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    All y’all that are able to post on social media while experiencing side effects, it ain’t all that bad. For about 8 hrs, I couldn’t sit up to drink water or open my eyes the day following my moderna #2.
    Man that sounds rough.

Nothing that bad but every injury or knock I've had in the last 20 years is hurting.

A little congested and sensitive to light... that might just be because it seems like the first really bright day here in six months.

Got my first today.
    So far not much other than the sore arm.
    Waited in rain about 40 mins.
    Whole thing took a little over an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Got my first today.
    So far not much other than the sore arm.
    Waited in rain about 40 mins.
    Whole thing took a little over an hour.

Working a 2nd dose clinic on Saturday the weather went crazy. Temps dropped noticably the wind picked up and then it hailed. I felt so bad for the volunteers out in the parking lot who were not dressed for such weather, hail wasn't in the forecast. I stand just inside the open doors directing people to registration - I was cold but at least I was dry.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Second Pfizer jab at 7 am this morning. Followed that up with a great mtn bike ride since we had to travel to a snow free zone. Then an afternoon driving thru wine country with 2 stops for some tastings. Around 6 pm I noticed some soreness on the shoulder and a weird type of fatigue but hey driving 4 hrs and wine tastings probably contributed.

5G speeds remain good to excellent.