Page 221 of 929 FirstFirst ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 23206
    was advised by her old docter
    Never trust anyone who can't spell their own profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Sounds more like the virus than the vaccine. I have not heard of lost taste from the vaccine.

Are you sure that you didnt get covid around the same time as getting vaccinated?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wife and I had the same symptoms after the vaccine that we had with COVID a year earlier. The kind of odd symptoms were the COVID toes and teeth sensitivity.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Pregnant friend of mine got the vaccine and immediately pegged a 104 degree fever, and its a common side effect. Looks like she and baby are going to be ok, but yeah, that is not good if you are expecting as any parent knows. Pregnant ladies are pretty much the one group that gets a get out of jail free card if you ask me.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Pregnant ladies are pretty much the one group that gets a get out of jail free card if you ask me.
    I agree to an extent, but also question why someone would get pregnant during a pandemic in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I agree to an extent, but also question why someone would get pregnant during a pandemic in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Really?

Really?
    Ya, really. Do you know where babies come from?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, really. Do you know where babies come from?
    Yes. I also know about the existence of birth control.

Yes. I also know about the existence of birth control.
    Well... yeah. You and I do.

But... you know.

Pregnant ladies are pretty much the one group that gets a get out of jail free card if you ask me.
    I really hope you don't think anyone should ask you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Sounds more like the virus than the vaccine. I have not heard of lost taste from the vaccine.

Are you sure that you didnt get covid around the same time as getting vaccinated?

Yeah. Sorry. My post wasn’t clear, except in the context of the quoted post about “breakthrough” infucktion and the 95% myth.

Wife had vax in jan. We all gots the rona 4 weeks ago, including wifey.

PS. For the 95% truthers out there, explain the Yankees baseball infection. That seems like a lot more than 5% of the coaching staff. All had the vax.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    PS. For the 95% truthers out there, explain the Yankees baseball infection. That seems like a lot more than 5% of the coaching staff. All had the vax.
    My question is are we positive they actually had the vax? Also when did they test positive versus when did they allegedly receive the vaccine? I find it suspicious.

Yeah. Sorry. My post wasn’t clear, except in the context of the quoted post about “breakthrough” infucktion and the 95% myth.

Wife had vax in jan. We all gots the rona 4 weeks ago, including wifey.

Yankees used the J&J vax. It is only about 66% “effective” at preventing infection (but better than that at preventing serious illness). According to one article I read, the results are exactly what to expect with the J&J vax. Why the Yankees decided to go with J&J is anyone’s guess.

explain the Yankees baseball infection. That seems like a lot more than 5% of the coaching staff. All had the vax.
    Snorting lines of coke off that stripper that called herself 'Covid Crystal' might not have been the best teambuilding exercise on the road trip.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yankees used the J&J vax. It is only about 66% “effective” at preventing infection (but better than that at preventing serious illness). According to one article I read, the results are exactly what to expect with the J&J vax. Why the Yankees decided to go with J&J is anyone’s guess.
    It's one shot, one and done. 2weeks later they are good to go.

Versus the 2shots which is a longer time from first jab to good to go.

I got J&J, but didn't have a choice.

Pregnant friend of mine got the vaccine and immediately pegged a 104 degree fever, and its a common side effect. Looks like she and baby are going to be ok, but yeah, that is not good if you are expecting as any parent knows. Pregnant ladies are pretty much the one group that gets a get out of jail free card if you ask me.
    We had many pregnant women in all stages come through our mass vax clinic.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Cool story KQ, but like I said, there are known side effects than can affect a pregnancy that I give that one group a pass on waiting to get vaxxed till after they deliver. Some are more willing to get the vaccine than others in that subset, and there are real detriments if shit goes sideways, as in bigger problems than Covid.

You don't have kids, so you probably don't know the details of how a high grade fever can affect an expecting mother and the baby, other than your usual googling. I'm not going to lecture you on it, but lets just say its a bit more complicated than just placating your personal fear of covid as a third party.
    Live Free or Die

Cool story KQ, but like I said, there are known side effects than can affect a pregnancy that I give that one group a pass on waiting to get vaxxed till after they deliver. Some are more willing to get the vaccine than others in that subset, and there are real detriments if shit goes sideways, as in bigger problems than Covid.

You don't have kids, so you probably don't know the details of how a high grade fever can affect an expecting mother and the baby, other than your usual googling. I'm not going to lecture you on it, but lets just say its a bit more complicated than just placating your personal fear of covid as a third party.
    Oh. All this time I thought you were a guy. Sorry. It's so hard to tell on these forums. Take Jax for instance - just realize he was a she the other day.

When are you due?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Oh. All this time I thought you were a guy. Sorry. It's so hard to tell on these forums. Take Jax for instance - just realize he was a she the other day.

When are you due?
    My wife and I just had a kid through all this, so yeah, it was a pretty big topic in my household and we went over it with several docs as well. So yeah, a bit more experience than you on this one.

Letting a pregnant lady decide to wait a couple months, given the real and known side effects said vaccine can have, and the real effects that those can have on your baby, is completely reasonable. We are talking about a very select subset of the world here, and it doesn't effect you as a vaccinated person, like really at all.

We had the baby early prior to widespread vaccine availability, but our Harvard educated OB and Stanford educated pediatrician are advising pregnant women to wait, so I'm going to trust them over you on this one.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I had just assumed that my kid wouldn't want to take it, given that his history of indefinitely postponing flu shots about every other year, which wouldn't have bothered me too much, for the reasons in your link, plus I expect our area is going to crush out Covid better than most. But, as of now, he wants it, because he wants to hang out and do things with more than a few other people at once without bothering with masks or distancing (or possibly not being allowed to attend some things), and I'm even less worried about vax side effects than I am about his (granted, low) Covid risks. So... fine. Unless he chickens out between now and Wednesday.
    Lotta this. 13yo got Pfizer 1 last Friday. She wanted a vax as much as we did and was stoked to see some friends while she was there.

I expected to feel relief or elation or both when I got it, but it was pretty empty cause we still worry a lot about the kids, especially the older one. When I got the call after they left the site, I felt all the stuff I expected to feel for myself. Huge relief.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

My wife and I just had a kid through all this, so yeah, it was a pretty big topic in my household and we went over it with several docs as well. So yeah, a bit more experience than you on this one.

Letting a pregnant lady decide to wait a couple months, given the real and known side effects said vaccine can have, and the real effects that those can have on your baby, is completely reasonable. We are talking about a very select subset of the world here, and it doesn't effect you as a vaccinated person, like really at all.

We had the baby early prior to widespread vaccine availability, but our Harvard educated OB and Stanford educated pediatrician are advising pregnant women to wait, so I'm going to trust them over you on this one.
    So confused.... okay so you're a guy and what you know about pregnancy is gleened from what you've seen, read and people have told you but for some reason other people who have done the same can't know as much as you? Huh. Well, whatever. Congrats on the successful whelp and cheers to a new life.

When that other person is someone is a lady with a hobby farm and a lot of free time to volunteer, yeah I'm going to put my trust into highly educated professionals that actually deal with this every day. All I'm saying is an expecting family has a lot more to weigh than just covid responsibility, and they are real issues, so I'm not going to hold them deciding to get vaxxed or not as some personal detriment. Again, pretty much a super small subset of the world (that for the most part, is not exactly into risk taking as a general rule) with special circumstances.

But thanks, little man is doing good and loves the cat, and surprisingly the cat loves him. You'd actually probably dig that.
    Live Free or Die

you can almost hear vaginas drying out as the mansplain' continues

When that other person is someone is a lady with a hobby farm and a lot of free time to volunteer, yeah I'm going to put my trust into highly educated professionals that actually deal with this every day. All I'm saying is an expecting family has a lot more to weigh than just covid responsibility, and they are real issues, so I'm not going to hold them deciding to get vaxxed or not as some personal detriment. Again, pretty much a super small subset of the world (that for the most part, is not exactly into risk taking as a general rule) with special circumstances.

But thanks, little man is doing good and loves the cat, and surprisingly the cat loves him. You'd actually probably dig that.
    Wasn't questioning your doc. I made a neutral statement that pregnant women came into our vax clinic.

That said, I do question the idea that unless someone has had kids (which I took to mean actually been pregnant and giving birth) they could not know/understand/appreciate risks associated with the same.

I wonder if you're really this awful in real life. Your conveyance is not that deft.

Being pregnant now and having to make the choice of vax or not must be hell, lots of potential each way.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<