Page 206 of 929 FirstFirst ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    One of my closest friends is the ‘my immune system is strong because I live a pristine healthy life and I’m not a fat American who doesn’t take care of themselves’ therefore I don’t need the vax.

Worst part is my Mom is friends with his Mom and he hosts the birthday party for his mom every year. It’s coming up next week and my Mom is too shy to say she doesn’t want to go to his house.

I want to throat punch him

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Is your mom vaccinated?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Is your mom vaccinated?
    She is.

But she’s 81 and he’s not exactly been the most careful social distancer through this whole journey.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

...and good on ya KQ, keep up the volunteering.
    It's actually been fun on many levels. Nice to get out and be around positive happy people and encouraging to know so many want to get the vaccine.

Yesterday there was a 16yo who brought his plague plushie with him. It was so darn adorable. I talked to him a bit about it and boy did he know his stuff when it came to the plague doctors and the masks they wore.

So cute and the lantern glows in the dark!

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

One of my closest friends is the ‘my immune system is strong because I live a pristine healthy life and I’m not a fat American who doesn’t take care of themselves’ therefore I don’t need the vax.

Worst part is my Mom is friends with his Mom and he hosts the birthday party for his mom every year. It’s coming up next week and my Mom is too shy to say she doesn’t want to go to his house.

Come up with something better to do with her, then say you forgot about the conflict?

Have her wear a mask?

Dbl mask?

Call him on her behalf and explain to him that it's not just about him and that someone he cares about (I'm assuming he does since he's hosting a party for her) is unsettled by his apparent lack of concern for others because it's not just about him.
    Last edited by KQ; 05-09-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Sore shoulder was not nearly as bad after the 2nd Moderna shot I received on Thursday compared to the 1st shot. No other symptoms whatsoever. Feels so good to finally have this done.

my sister told us after like 70 yrs she is now a libertarian and intends to ride out the Covid unvaxed

she is stupid but at least not stupid enough to also be a covid denier but it would be easier if she was

i think she just shopped that belief cuz she is chicken
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So, managed to score a vaxx time for tomorrow.

Got me thinking what to do with the seasonal allergy medicines? Have taken the normal over the counters stuff intermittently for the last couple of weeks, but as the main pollen season picking up, wondering if one should carry on taking the medicines or stepping back?

Found couple (dated) articles that stated that they shouldn't affect the immunisation, but is there more current data available?
    Mofro? Multi? Bueller?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    ^^ how does is this rectified and healed?
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    With a stance like that I doubt it can be, at least not on the grandparents side.
    It’s tough, I feel bad for her. It’s funny, her parents are old hippies who suddenly became Trumpers. They really are walking contradictions, they are nudists and environmentally conscious yet don’t believe in global warming. He’s always been racist but was very pro labor throughout most of his life. He then got injured at work over a decade ago and ended up with a large settlement (company tried to blame him for injury and falsified records, judge added on punitive damages). Now that they have money they are super concerned about taxes. Fucked up people who aren’t very smart is my take.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Fucked up people who aren’t very smart is my take.

You could have just said they're Americans and it would have conveyed the same point.

I just hope there isn't a burn ban this summer so that my annual 4th of July Flag Burning can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Have her wear a mask?

Dbl mask?

Call him on her behalf and explain to him that it's not just about him and that someone he cares about (I'm assuming he does since he's hosting a party for her) is unsettled by his apparent lack of concern for others because it's not just about him.
    In this scenario having Mom wear a mask would be the easiest thing. This dude is not to be reasoned with.

Totally fucked up thing is he and his wife are massage therapists and he's been posting herd immunity/hydroxychloroquine and all kinds of shit on FB through the whole pandemic. I'd have to believe he's lost more than a few clients from his reckless social media act

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    It’s tough, I feel bad for her. It’s funny, her parents are old hippies who suddenly became Trumpers. They really are walking contradictions, they are nudists and environmentally conscious yet don’t believe in global warming. He’s always been racist but was very pro labor throughout most of his life. He then got injured at work over a decade ago and ended up with a large settlement (company tried to blame him for injury and falsified records, judge added on punitive damages). Now that they have money they are super concerned about taxes. Fucked up people who aren’t very smart is my take.
    Never could wrap my head around hippies becoming tRumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Here’s a logical question, at a cellular level, why aren’t the mRNA vaccines 100% effective?
    I'm guessing, but because human immune systems and cellular systems are not 100% consistent across the entire population.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post

Got me thinking what to do with the seasonal allergy medicines? Have taken the normal over the counters stuff intermittently for the last couple of weeks, but as the main pollen season picking up, wondering if one should carry on taking the medicines or stepping back?

Found couple (dated) articles that stated that they shouldn't affect the immunisation, but is there more current data available?
    Mofro? Multi? Bueller?
    The CDC, ACAAI (American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology), as well as various allergy and immunology experts say you can continuing taking seasonal over-the-counter allergy medicine and also get a COVID-19 vaccine.

FWIW, researchers have tested mRNA vaccines for allergies such as grass pollen in mice with good long term results preventing allergy symptoms.

Been out on fishing trip since last week.

Latest report on my 61 yo friend that was an anti-vaxxer that managed to get COVID. Rapidly downhill, put on a vent. Had the hemolytic issues that manifest in COVID, started throwing clots, and died last Thursday.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

Latest report on my 61 yo friend that was an anti-vaxxer that managed to get COVID. Rapidly downhill, put on a vent. Had the hemolytic issues that manifest in COVID, started throwing clots, and died last Thursday.
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. If only there was a way to save those we love from themselves.

His death was not unlike my GF who drank herself to death. Both self destructive.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post

Mofro? Multi? Bueller?
    Probably want to check with your family doc but..... From the CDC:

"Administration of antihistamines to COVID-19 vaccine recipients prior to vaccination to prevent allergic reactions is not recommended. Antihistamines do not prevent anaphylaxis, and their prophylactic use may mask cutaneous symptoms, which could lead to a delay in the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...%20anaphylaxis.

^ People with a history of anaphylaxis are another matter. People who have had allergic reactions to vaccines are in a different category than people with seasonal allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I just hope there isn't a burn ban this summer so that my annual 4th of July Flag Burning can happen.
    I love the inherent irony of that sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Probably want to check with your family doc but..... From the CDC:

"Administration of antihistamines to COVID-19 vaccine recipients prior to vaccination to prevent allergic reactions is not recommended. Antihistamines do not prevent anaphylaxis, and their prophylactic use may mask cutaneous symptoms, which could lead to a delay in the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...%20anaphylaxis.
    That does not address the issue he asked about, that advice is quite similar to the advice about ibuprofen. Don't take it preemptively to help with the immune response from the shot, but do take it if needed to alleviate what you're feeling. He's not talking about taking antihistamines to help with some immune response, he's talking about the medication he regularly takes for allergies and whether continuing to take that is ok.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That does not address the issue he asked about, that advice is quite similar to the advice about ibuprofen. Don't take it preemptively to help with the immune response from the shot, but do take it if needed to alleviate what you're feeling. He's not talking about taking antihistamines to help with some immune response, he's talking about the medication he regularly takes for allergies and whether continuing to take that is ok.
    Understood, hence the suggestion to call his family doctor. If there's any history for anaphylaxis (bee stings for example), it would be good to get a professional opinion. It's just a phone call away.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

It's easy to get worked up and wish death on antivaxxers but then it actually happens and it is totally heartbreaking and unsatisfying.

Sorry for your friend and your loss.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Understood, hence the suggestion to call his family doctor. If there's any history for anaphylaxis (bee stings for example), it would be good to get a professional opinion. It's just a phone call away.
    Why on earth would I call a "family doctor" when I have TGR?

Multiverse and Danno got it already: I am occasionally using antihistamines to prevent occasional sneezing, runny nose or irritated eyes. Not self medicating for some possible anaphylactic shock...jeesus...
    And call me weird, but on this case I would bet my Dogecoins on Multiverse rather than your run-of-the-mill family doctor from Chippawa,ON.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    It's easy to get worked up and wish death on antivaxxers but then it actually happens and it is totally heartbreaking and unsatisfying.

Sorry for your friend and your loss.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I know. Still a ton of friends that think it is a left wing conspiracy, Bill Gates propaganda, etc. and refuse. Others say, if it is my time, its my time. All BS.

He was a good guy. We had shot pool together for several years. Just retired. He and his high school sweetheart of 40 years were getting ready to move to Charleston. Hate to say it, but sometimes you can't fix stupid.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident