Page 142 of 929 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 23206
    I got Moderna #1 on Weds, felt shitty the day after (yesterday) but it was only 10% as bad as when I actually had covid. Today, not really feeling normal, but definitely much better. Hoping to earn some turns tomorrow at Belle, or maybe make an insane run to Gore. Looks like the summit might be open tomorrow, last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    At Walmart, they just told me to wait around for 15 minutes, but they guy flat out told me that nobody is actually timing/monitoring you. After maybe waiting 5 minutes, I decided I was safer outside in my car.
    That's BS and IMO irresponsible of them but just wait... someone will have a really bad reaction and then Walmart will be screwed.

At the clinic I volunteer at we have retired docs who greet and converse with each person sitting in the waiting area plus there are volunteers who walk around offering converstation to calm and/or pass the time with people. Yes you have to drive/park/get out of your car then walk into the pavillion at the fairgrounds but it seems preferable to sitting in your car wondering if someone will notice you've gone into anaphylaxis. Of course I understand some locales just have too many people and need to streamline things. Also, I don't like drive-up anything.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That's BS and IMO irresponsible of them but just wait... someone will have a really bad reaction and then Walmart will be screwed.

At the clinic I volunteer at we have retired docs who greet and converse with each person sitting in the waiting area plus there are volunteers who walk around offering converstation to calm and/or pass the time with people. Yes you have to drive/park/get out of your car then walk into the pavillion at the fairgrounds but it seems preferable to sitting in your car wondering if someone will notice you've gone into anaphylaxis. Of course I understand some locales just have too many people and need to streamline things. Also, I don't like drive-up anything.
    If the "waiting area" had been somewhere other than milling around near the pharmacy of a Wyoming Walmart, by the front door, with 50% of the people not wearing masks and the place jam packed with folks, I would have been happy to wait.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My first shot at Safeway they didn't have anyone wait at all. I got poked and left.
    We'll see if shot #2 is different today.

https://www.axios.com/america-corona...775581f6f.html

I clicked thru to the Surgo Ventures press release cited...
    While they project enough vaccine to reach 78% (in the expected herd immunity range of 70-90) by June 27, they predict only 52% will be vaccinated. Well short of herd immunity. This is due to vaccine not available to kids, and only 67% of adults willing to be vaxxed. They think some states will see vaccine supply exceeding demand by the end of April.

They divide the adults into 4 groups based on a late March survey - Vaccinated(40%), Enthusiasts (22%), Persuadable (22%), and Conspiracy Believers (16%). They see some movement towards vaccination, but not enough, especially in the last group.

If the "waiting area" had been somewhere other than milling around near the pharmacy of a Wyoming Walmart, by the front door, with 50% of the people not wearing masks and the place jam packed with folks, I would have been happy to wait.
    Oh yeah...I totally get that. I'm putting the failure on Walmart not you.

Looks like we're going to be busy at the Fairgrounds for the first couple of clinics after the state opens up. Many time slots are already filled up for the 15th.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Wait, Wyoming? I missed the part where drove up to Wyoming from the PRB.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Wait, Wyoming? I missed the part where drove up to Wyoming from the PRB.
    I think I mentioned it but maybe not. Wyoming Walmarts (maybe other providers too) only care if you are eligible in Wyoming's current phase, not where you live (I did not lie about my residence). Wyoming moved to 50+ before Colorado, there were available appointments, and Cheyenne is only 1:30 away, so I went there. Thanks to a mag (who I won't name if he doesn't want to be named) who pointed me in this direction.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yesterday was 2 weeks since #2 and my 5G reception is best it's ever been. Wife got her 2nd this week so 2 more weeks until we have go day-drinking while kids are in school like responsible parents.

Received 2d Moderna this morning. The headache is real! 2d day post Moderna 2 was the worst day that I have had in a very long time. Aches and pains, especially in the legs. Very uncomfortable all day long. Day three is good. No complaints
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 04-11-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    My first shot at Safeway they didn't have anyone wait at all. I got poked and left.
    We'll see if shot #2 is different today.
    Update: this time they "recommended" that I "walk around the store" for 15 minutes or so before leaving. They weren't getting a timer out or checking on you or anything.
    Naturally, I just left.

Seems to me that if they tell you to wait 15 minutes and they tell you why and you decide to leave sooner, that's on you not them.
    At Kaiser they had us wait socially distanced in a large area. We were offered the opportunity to talk to a doctor if we wanted. I spent 35 years of my life talking to doctors every day; no interest in doing it any more than necessary in my retirement. My wife of course is even more sick of talking to doctors than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Seems to me that if they tell you to wait 15 minutes and they tell you why and you decide to leave sooner, that's on you not them.
    At Kaiser they had us wait socially distanced in a large area. We were offered the opportunity to talk to a doctor if we wanted. I spent 35 years of my life talking to doctors every day; no interest in doing it any more than necessary in my retirement. My wife of course is even more sick of talking to doctors than I am.
    LOL

I got a J&J shot yesterday (the local tribe had extra doses and opened it up to everyone).

I felt a little extra tired last night, but went for a 5 hour hard bike ride today and felt 100%. Maybe I'll feel like shit tomorrow?

I had an appt for Moderna un a few days but figured I'd rather be all set after 2 weeks than wait 6wks for that to kick in. I'm not worried about the supposed lesser efficacy.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

LOL x a google.

Dr's wives = Bodhisattvas

Within 10 minutes of getting poked I was drinking beer at the brewery with my buds. I told them I'd rather have one last beer and be around some intelligent folk than hanging out in a superspreader waiting room with a bunch of rich taints.

beer make everyone more intelligent
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I got a J&J shot yesterday (the local tribe had extra doses and opened it up to everyone).

I felt a little extra tired last night, but went for a 5 hour hard bike ride today and felt 100%. Maybe I'll feel like shit tomorrow?

I had an appt for Moderna un a few days but figured I'd rather be all set after 2 weeks than wait 6wks for that to kick in. I'm not worried about the supposed lesser efficacy.
    Are you in Umatilla?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Are you in Umatilla?
    Carson City, NV
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Carson City, NV
    Ah.... the Confederated tribes in Umatilla OR did the same thing opening up vax to everyone.

Had Moderna second dose. Next day was 15 hours of aches and fatigue, like I'd been in a bad wreck. Back to normal today, small price to pay.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/polit...XYT2RhQKuLstd4

Any theories on why are 40% of marines are not getting vaxed ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/polit...XYT2RhQKuLstd4

Any theories on why are 40% of marines are not getting vaxed ?
    Because it's their first chance to tell the military no?

isnt that called cutting off your nose to spite your face ?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

For others that are thinking along these lines, realize that “all set in two weeks” means 74% protection against infection (closer to 100% against hospitalization and death). Bear in mind that real world studies show 80% protection two weeks after the first Pfizer shot and it’s fair to assume Moderna would be similar. 90%+ protection two weeks after the second shot. They are also showing good protection against variants so far.

I still think it’s safe to say that you should take whatever shot you can get, but if you have the option for one or the other in a similar timeframe I wouldn’t necessarily make my decision based on the notion of having superior protection sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums