Page 768 of 929 FirstFirst ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... LastLast
Results 19,176 to 19,200 of 23206
    Wow UgMon.. That's so sad. It's still a mystery why in the face of an avalanche of scientific and anecdotal evidence that the vaccine saves lives and not taking advantage of that armor has tragic results for many. My sister is also immune compromised and vaccines don't protect her as much as they do us. But, she follows her docs advice. Pretty sure she's gotten 4 jabs now.

It just seems totally irrational to tune out or ignore the overwhelming reality. It's cult like if not legit cult behavior. I'd be truly devastated for anyone I knew who drank the Jonestown punch. It wasn't the punch but the manipulation and mental illness that killed them. I feel the same about the unvaxxed. I blame the media and so called leaders who are pulling their strings to doubt the effectiveness of vaccines more than the actual people refusing to take them. ... until they are disrupting public spaces and threatening and harming doctors and legislators..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

ugly -

Condolensces -
    I Am so very Sorry...
    With love.

a fellow midwest magg.

skiJ

“Mandates are stupid. They aren’t based on science. Do you research! I have!”

Mayo Clinic fired 700 employees Tuesday who didn't comply with its policy to get vaccinated against COVID-19

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mayo-cl...ted-employees/

This just in:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 2.00.01 PM.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	334.4 KB 
ID:	399834
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I'm sick of seeing articles like this one currently headlining CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/us/co...rnd/index.html

Oldest daughter, both initial vaxxes, no booster yet, tested positive today.

PA daughter says the Omicron variant is non-discriminatory, vaccination or not, you get it. Says blowing through the hospital and her OR crew like wildfire.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Is it fair to say that FOR FULLY VACCINATED Omicron is about as harmful as seasonal flu (long tern impacts TBD though).. but nearly as contagious as measles? I've heard both comparison from sciency folks, but never together..

For unvaccinated, slightly less lethal than OG and Delta but still nothing to sneeze at..

Wanna see a wild stat, look at Miami/Dade County following the Christmas holiday. Went from 1,000 or so new cases a day to 40,000+. Slowing down some.

Bad thing is that most of the customers over the holidays at our little resort in NC were South Florida residents. I figure I'm in the firing line with either them or daughter(s).
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Well thank that fuckface DeSantis…. Anyone see his presser earlier? He looked and sounded like shit…..Vibes and good luck, TNKen….

ETA- Here he is:
    https://twitter.com/meidastouch/status/1478834609236238338?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wanna see a wild stat, look at Miami/Dade County following the Christmas holiday. Went from 1,000 or so new cases a day to 40,000+. Slowing down some.

Bad thing is that most of the customers over the holidays at our little resort in NC were South Florida residents. I figure I'm in the firing line with either them or daughter(s).
    My son and I were about the only ones wearing masks in the 6 pack line. Same with the shuttle bus.. windows closed! We covered up around other people but not when it was just us riding the lift or before the lines got crazy.. Lots of FL and GA plates in the lot..

I'll probably not go back to any of those resorts until things die down in early March.. No pun intended but definitely a possibility..

I'd say I felt sorry for the folks working in the lodges and driving the shuttle busses at those resorts... but they weren't wearing masks either! FREEDUMB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Well thank that fuckface DeSantis…. Anyone see his presser earlier? He looked and sounded like shit…..Vibes and good luck, TNKen….

ETA- Here he is:
    https://twitter.com/meidastouch/stat...236238338?s=21
    He still hasn't even admitted he's got Covid, has he?

ETA- Here he is:
    Meh, as someone who has taken care of hypoxic patients for 24 years, this dude may be sick, but is speaking essentially full sentences without any respiratory distress. Typical dumb fuck media/Twitter trying to throw any Republican they can under the Covid bus. Repost when he's on HFNC, which if he has Omicron, is unlikely.

ETA- Here he is:
    Damn, dude can barely get a word out while having to suck in air. I bet his lungs got wrecked by the COVID. I wonder how many lung and other organ transplants are going to be required for those that have long COVID issues?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My son and I were about the only ones wearing masks in the 6 pack line. Same with the shuttle bus.. windows closed! We covered up around other people but not when it was just us riding the lift or before the lines got crazy.. Lots of FL and GA plates in the lot..

I'll probably not go back to any of those resorts until things die down in early March.. No pun intended but definitely a possibility..
    Which resort?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Typical dumb fuck media/Twitter trying to throw any Republican they can under the Covid bus.
    Um, don't you think many of them kinda deserve it at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Excess mortality is really the best way to counter the blatant stupidity running rampant in certain segments of society presently...
    In more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is it fair to say that FOR FULLY VACCINATED Omicron is about as harmful as seasonal flu (long tern impacts TBD though).. but nearly as contagious as measles? I've heard both comparison from sciency folks, but never together..

For unvaccinated, slightly less lethal than OG and Delta but still nothing to sneeze at..
    May be true (hope it's true) but too soon to say with confidence IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Meh, as someone who has taken care of hypoxic patients for 24 years, this dude may be sick, but is speaking essentially full sentences without any respiratory distress. Typical dumb fuck media/Twitter trying to throw any Republican they can under the Covid bus. Repost when he's on HFNC, which if he has Omicron, is unlikely.
    As someone who made patients hypoxic for 36 years I disagree. Multiple breaths per sentence and using his accessory muscles of respiration (trapezius and sternocleidomastoids)--his shoulders rise with each breath because lowering his diaphragm and expanding his rib cage isn't enough to expand his stiff lungs. He doesn't look critically ill certainly and his color-or his makeup looks good. I've never watched him make a speech before--I actively avoid it--so maybe he always looks like that. Hope it was a short speech.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Um, don't you think many of them kinda deserve it at this point?
    And if anyone deserves it, it’s that asshole. And his “Surgeon General”.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

ETA- Here he is:
    omicron desantis
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    In news on tennis players you have heard of, Aus cancelled Novak Djokovic's visa at the border when he arrived this morning to the Australian Open. He refuses to get vaccinated and wants an exemption to come in, guess the feds think otherwise. If he fails in his appeal, he gets deported.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    omicron desantis
    Desanticron

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

AZ first dose, Pfizer second, out of quarantine today after getting covid with very very light symptoms 10 days ago. So figure I’ll wait a month and get Moderna… is that the holy grail of immunity?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dude, it’s IV bleach and sunshine up your bunghole, duh.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Which resort?
    Sugar... Appalachian was the same way a few weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    AZ first dose, Pfizer second, out of quarantine today after getting covid with very very light symptoms 10 days ago. So figure I’ll wait a month and get Moderna… is that the holy grail of immunity?
    I got the OG Corona last year, then 2x Pfizer, then a Moderna boost, then got Omicron. Missed out on Delta, and that's about it.