Page 746 of 929 FirstFirst ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... LastLast
Results 18,626 to 18,650 of 23206
    Walk in and giver her a sloppy wet kiss and say “tell death do us part, baby!”

get yourself tested, stay in the barn or elsewhere, line up treatment option possibilities

Def stay in the barn. Hell, if I had a heated barn, I'd probably spend at least 60% of my time there.

and Texas Walker Ranger is still on the air? Really?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Work had a meeting with 9 people last Friday in a conference room. 4 of them came down with flu symptoms Sunday afternoon/ Monday, all four and one other tested with a rapid test all negative. This afternoon two took a second test and both are positive. Is this common with rapids? To test negative after symptom onset? Is this an Omicron thing?

I told all my people no more going into the office, attending events etc until this wave is over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Here’s what I found: https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/...640394756?s=21

Symptoms do not equal contagious or high viral load. Antigen tests are designed to detect viral load when one becomes contagious (apparently).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7210.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	501.9 KB 
ID:	397762

I’ve resisted Twitter for a long time until a month ago. Kinda like how I resisted stepping into the padded room for years.

The barn has a tv and very good wifi so can stream netflix , youtube ton of ski movies DVD etc. Though just like the the lodge have to piss in a bottle.

She did text though that was transfer morning so was a lodge to clean and get on a heli so I didn't see long text just short note on door. Not sure why that is pertinent I still would have come home with my dirty touring clothes . The driver now is so I can go to dental appointment tomorrow am. Probably by that time will know test results. But assuming positive is the question. Of course both of us are fullie vaxxed as I couldn't have got on heli to get to lodge if I wasn't. For me no exposure for sure so far as only spoken to her outside and gone in to shower, shit and for food masked while she was upstairs. But eventually may be exposed as does seem to have pretty strong symptoms. Definitely could get through two weeks without getting the rona but to do it over xmas not so sure about that,
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I bet you can play it smart and avoid exposure if you want while living out of the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    How to convince the 10% unvaccinated? Fk em. Ignore them. Waste of energy.
    If only. Their stance is causing all manner of problems that cannot be ignored. Fk em though.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Here’s what I found: https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/...640394756?s=21

Symptoms do not equal contagious or high viral load. Antigen tests are designed to detect viral load when one becomes contagious (apparently).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7210.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	501.9 KB 
ID:	397762

I’ve resisted Twitter for a long time until a month ago. Kinda like how I resisted stepping into the padded room for years.
    Yes but forgetting the alternative hypothesis that you might have another disease besides COVID...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Pfizer booster made me feel like I had a body buzz all day yesterday (jabbed Mon afternoon) and it's still lingering a bit this morning. It was nothing like how shitty I felt after the original Moderna shots last spring through.

I told all my people no more going into the office, attending events etc until this wave is over.
    Even fully vaxxed, it's back to no indoor interaction with non household folks without everyone masked. Sports team clusters are proving we're back to this..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I wish I had a barn

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I wish I had a barn
    Right?

So I had J&J back in March and a Pfizer booster Sept. 1. Because I had cancer this year the wife and daughter are after me to get another booster. I don't see anything that says this will help anything (although I guess if I got Moderna it would probably broaden my resistance to some unknown degree). Should I do it?

Do concerns about vax supply for others trump some hypothetical increased resistance for me, or does the fact that the shots seem to be plentiful and the possibility of increased resistance with my health challenge make it sensible for me to get another shot? Unsure which way to jump here.

edit: and literally 30 seconds after I hit "send" on that ^^, my daughter sent me this: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/middl...ntl/index.html (ftr I am 61)

Ice- I like the idea of the wider spectrum hence why I went with the Pfizer booster after the Moderna first course. One of each ought to put you in a good spot.

A barn or even just a separate area with it's own bathroom would be great. A barn or detached garage would be fantastic! But, nope...

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So I had J&J back in March and a Pfizer booster Sept. 1. Because I had cancer this year the wife and daughter are after me to get another booster. I don't see anything that says this will help anything (although I guess if I got Moderna it would probably broaden my resistance to some unknown degree). Should I do it?

Do concerns about vax supply for others trump some hypothetical increased resistance for me, or does the fact that the shots seem to be plentiful and the possibility of increased resistance with my health challenge make it sensible for me to get another shot? Unsure which way to jump here.

edit: and literally 30 seconds after I hit "send" on that ^^, my daughter sent me this: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/middl...ntl/index.html (ftr I am 61)
    I think part of the reasoning for giving us extra boosts is to prevent people with comprised immune systems from becoming variant factories. I went for a modeRNA booster and wound up with the full dose instead of the half (and told to come back in 6 months for the half dose). From that standpoint, I wouldn't worry too much about the availability side. Maybe you're not really the exact target of "immune compromised" but then again maybe you are--seems like they're playing it safe on that, and it's hard to argue with it.

Yeah I don't know if I would be considered immune challenged or not. Certainly my immune system has gotten a workout, maybe after all that it's like all buff and ready to rumble. Or perhaps it's exhausted and hanging on the ropes in the corner. Dunno. Seem fine, pretty much.

Question about Omi: do they know the time it takes to show on a test? 3 days since exposure? 5 days?

Go get it. Supply in the US isn’t really a concern from what I’ve seen. I’d definitely go for the Moderna.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Funny when you march a couple miles to get the shots. And then back. They use air guns.
    Was this your experience in basic/boot?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I went for a modeRNA booster and wound up with the full dose instead of the half
    Apparently, so did I (no reason given)

Go get it. Supply in the US isn’t really a concern from what I’ve seen. I’d definitely go for the Moderna.
    Agree. Got my booster in Seattle and even there demand is somewhat lower than supply.

Yeah I don't know if I would be considered immune challenged or not. Certainly my immune system has gotten a workout, maybe after all that it's like all buff and ready to rumble. Or perhaps it's exhausted and hanging on the ropes in the corner. Dunno. Seem fine, pretty much.
    I hear ya. I don't really know where I fall on that spectrum, either. Murphy's Law bit me in the ass last time I claimed to be "normal" (because, duh, it's not called Murphy's rule of thumb) so I've adjusted a bit since. Still don't think this compares to really compromised, but erring on the cautious side seems reasonable.

Got my Moderna booster yesterday at lunch. I forgot how much I missed this body ache and general soreness.
    I still call it The Jake.

So my buddy's dumbass antivax girlfriend posts on FB:
    "if your significant other got the vaccine and didn’t tell you and you found out would you be upset?"

But my favorite part is this response from her fellow antivaxxer:
    "Seems like what it boils down to is yes, because if you’re still being intimate. Then he’s putting that shit inside of your body without your permission.
    That’s grounds for dismissal."

God these fuckers are dumb. They really think they'll get some 5G Bill Gates Zombie juice in them, whether from a blood transfusion like a post upthread or their boyfriend's jizz...

I am not sure if this is the right thread to vent but despite an abundance of caution and shots, covid has finally come to my door according to the impossibly hard to source rapid test given to me by a neighbor. Unfortunately, my baby who is obviously not vaccinated had a pretty high fever yesterday and last night. My partner is on mat-leave from the largest hospital here, and it is exceeding capacity in the ER and ICU with so many staff out I don't know how they're handling it. We'll keep a close eye on the kiddo, but I don't think there is much we can do except monitor his temperature. We have seen virtually no one at all but I guess Omnicron is out to fuck everyone. Hopefully our cases will continue to be mild. I am so mad and a bit scared when I look at today's stats that show the hospital's ER and ICU past capacity, full of fucking anti-fuckers while the rest of society rolled up their sleeves like modern rosie the riveter heroes. What are we supposed to do if shit really goes sideways? What about the fucking 10yo kid waiting for heart surgery and there's no room? Fuck these kooks. If they don't want to take care of themselves my sympathy is running pretty thin especially with the city shut down again and the curfew returning tonight, not to mention the holiday plans thrown out with the Festivus pole.

Just let this fever continue to go down and better luck next year I guess.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    So my buddy's dumbass antivax girlfriend posts on FB:
    "if your significant other got the vaccine and didn’t tell you and you found out would you be upset?"

But my favorite part is this response from her fellow antivaxxer:
    "Seems like what it boils down to is yes, because if you’re still being intimate. Then he’s putting that shit inside of your body without your permission.
    That’s grounds for dismissal."

God these fuckers are dumb. They really think they'll get some 5G Bill Gates Zombie juice in them, whether from a blood transfusion like a post upthread or their boyfriend's jizz...
    Just put this as a response to every dumb mutherfucker post:

probably still a bit premature, but at least this is promising news:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ew-study-shows
    Omicron Has 80% Lower Risk of Hospitalization in South Africa