Page 752 of 929 FirstFirst ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... LastLast
Results 18,776 to 18,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm dreading staff out.

Check you PMs.

Everyone else, if Omicron comes, consider wearing a N95.
    Any significant difference between KN95 and N95?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any significant difference between KN95 and N95?
    Having a very good seal matters way way way way more than the difference between a KN95 and N95. Having a good seal and a mask comfortable enough that you'll wear it is critical. I hate N95s personally. Even a doubled up medical mask with some fit tweaks is much better than a simple medical mask. A medical mask is better than a cloth mask (which probably does nothing).

If you don't want Omicron, a booster is the best single intervention, but not proof and we must all come to terms with that reality as we have for flu and other RVs. Lots and lots of people are going to get Omicron, and for the vast vast majority it will be mild/moderate if they were vaccinated or previously infected. But that can still take you out of work. The trick is not to have staff out all at once. If the number of people at a workplace who are out with COVID doubles every two days, that can create problems FAST.

One hot case can infect the whole breakroom at the office (or hospital). That's the only reason I'm N95 all the time right now. Community prevalence is off the charts high and we can't lose any more staff and my family is around.

We detected Omicron in the community based solely on epidemiological trends: case doubling time of 2 days, record case rates, unbelievable spikes in positivity. We didn't get genetic confirmation for nearly 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Anyone have link to legit KN95 masks? We ordered some from Amazon and I’m not sure they’re approved. The internet is all over the place with answers to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Anyone have link to legit KN95 masks? We ordered some from Amazon and I’m not sure they’re approved. The internet is all over the place with answers to this question.
    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...-masks-online/

I ordered from here yesterday: https://shop.projectn95.org/ Saw them mentioned on NPR, nonprofit making sure that the shit they send is legit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I ordered from here yesterday: https://shop.projectn95.org/ Saw them mentioned on NPR, nonprofit making sure that the shit they send is legit.
    Sweet, great info. I couldn’t remember where I’d heard of these folks. Just ordered some (a few, not panic buying) for me and my parents

I'm dreading staff out.

Check you PMs.

Everyone else, if Omicron comes, consider wearing a N95.
    what do you mean if? cbc said it was 90% of the cases here in montreal yesterday.

best i can figure i got it running into the bakery last saturday. this thing is highly contagious!

at least the carbs were good.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    what do you mean if? cbc said it was 90% of the cases here in montreal yesterday.

best i can figure i got it running into the bakery last saturday. this thing is highly contagious!

at least the carbs were good.
    Indeed. We figure its ~100% here and has been for a week

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’ve enjoyed dave matthews band since 1993. I’ve seen them live several times. They’re a great opening acting. Saw them open for phish and the dead.
    Hottest chicks I've ever seen at a concert. Relieved the boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hottest chicks I've ever seen at a concert. Relieved the boredom.
    You have obviously never been to an Elton John concert. Oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Were any of them pre-menopausal?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Were any of them pre-menopausal?
    Point taken.

They certainly were then.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-25-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Coworker tested positive last week, worked next to her all day long. Luckily I was wearing an N95. Also triple boosted, and all that jazz. Still gotta test today before going to visit the in-laws today.

I saw that cases in Summit went from almost 0 to 40 then to 160 in just three days, don't know where it is now but guessing that it is higher. It'll just have to run its course, everyone will get it.

I wonder where the Summit cases are. The county data guy is on PTO for a week so we won't know. Guess it doesn't matter.

Omicron is here and assume everyone is infected. No missle-toe parties yo! Avoid the ganjola and skip the apres bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I just need to throw in some middle ground on this thread drift and say that when I saw DMB live, his band was amazing. When they were jamming it was absolutely world-class. Then Dave would jump in with drug-addled mumbling and his weird-ass rhythm patterns and it ruined it. Until he’d drop out and his band would take back over and rock.

Without his ensemble, DMB would be absolutely terrible. With it, it’s pretty good.
    Dude the DM live at Luther College album is like one of the best live albums ever. Just him and Tim Reynolds killing it. Dave is a supremely talented musician.

Anyway, tested positive at home this morning. Merry Christmas!!

Have had a cold for the last 3 days. Nothing serious so far, just typical annoying throat-clearing and nose-blowing. Bit of a headache, but then again I usually have one of those on Christmas morning so....

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Coworker tested positive last week, worked next to her all day long. Luckily I was wearing an N95. Also triple boosted, and all that jazz. Still gotta test today before going to visit the in-laws today.

I saw that cases in Summit went from almost 0 to 40 then to 160 in just three days, don't know where it is now but guessing that it is higher. It'll just have to run its course, everyone will get it.
    It's everywhere. I know so many people with symptoms or positive results. At this point, I'd say testing is meaningless. Either you're going to go out and spread/catch it or you're gonna stay home.

Had cold symptoms on the 23rd - tested negative. 24th - negative. 25th - positive.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Or a prince concert.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

My sister is pretty sure my niece has omicron. They’re all vaxxed, niece was scheduled to get boosted two days after she tested positive. She just had cold like symptoms, fever for about 24 hrs. Now my sister is waiting to see if they all get sick since they may be been around her before they knew. It’ll be interesting if they do. It’s been a week, and no one else is showing symptoms yet. My sister in BIL had Pfizer, niece and one nephew moderna, the other nephew J&J. Lots of their friends are testing positive with breakthrough cases, some of them the second time around. They live in Austin.

FWIW i got a head/chest cold about 2 weeks after I fully recovered from my delta breakthrough, 5 months post vax, in early november. That was worse than the breakthrough. Best of luck

Having a very good seal matters way way way way more than the difference between a KN95 and N95. Having a good seal and a mask comfortable enough that you'll wear it is critical. I hate N95s personally. Even a doubled up medical mask with some fit tweaks is much better than a simple medical mask. A medical mask is better than a cloth mask (which probably does nothing).

If you don't want Omicron, a booster is the best single intervention, but not proof and we must all come to terms with that reality as we have for flu and other RVs. Lots and lots of people are going to get Omicron, and for the vast vast majority it will be mild/moderate if they were vaccinated or previously infected. But that can still take you out of work. The trick is not to have staff out all at once. If the number of people at a workplace who are out with COVID doubles every two days, that can create problems FAST.

One hot case can infect the whole breakroom at the office (or hospital). That's the only reason I'm N95 all the time right now. Community prevalence is off the charts high and we can't lose any more staff and my family is around.

We detected Omicron in the community based solely on epidemiological trends: case doubling time of 2 days, record case rates, unbelievable spikes in positivity. We didn't get genetic confirmation for nearly 2 weeks.
    Thank you for this important post, Summit -

To All - Please recognize the potential implication of some of the information in this post -
    cases double every two days
    ( in a week, for each case on dayOne, there can be eight ( and 8x ) in a week... )

If I was not already boostered, I would be asking my PCP for a booster @ Four months. ! ( waning immunity )
    ( at sixty years, with a History of respiratory disease, and a lack of fitness ((gotta) work on that - again )

hang in there
    ( January could be interesting ) -

Please ! get a booster. tj

I am uncertain why some would chose the option to get sick over vaxed. Had my boaster a few days ago and feel fine after the initial 36 hours of icky feelings. I sure hope we can allow the boasted people get on with their life's someday. All these lock downs because of the non faxed are BS. Not vaxed? Go live under a rock. Vaxed? Carry on is my New Years wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I wonder where the Summit cases are. The county data guy is on PTO for a week so we won't know. Guess it doesn't matter.

Omicron is here and assume everyone is infected. No missle-toe parties yo! Avoid the ganjola and skip the apres bar!
    I hadn't been to keystone in who knows how long up until yesterday and was super bummed to find myself on a gondola. Cold, no airflow, small space, no masks required. Felt like the most covid dangerous thing I've done since the start of things.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I hadn't been to keystone in who knows how long up until yesterday and was super bummed to find myself on a gondola. Cold, no airflow, small space, no masks required. Felt like the most covid dangerous thing I've done since the start of things.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
    But the snow was good on all 20 open runs

It was good with some of hte soft openings today/yesterday.

You can ski Key without touching a Gondy though if ya want

I’ve ordered n95 from McMaster Carr this month. Not cheap, but genuine and ship quickly. I wouldnt trust amazon anymore with anything that can’t be externally verified for authenticity

I'm double vaxed and was scheduled to get boosted this week. Stared having chest tightness and a dry cough on the 19th, which is exactly how my asthma manifests. Abbott home test is negative on the 19th. 20th progressed to full on severe headache, dry cough, chest and body pains, loss of taste/smell and exhaustion and crazy night sweats; re home test on the 21st positive. 22nd see my primary care provider, PCR test confirms positive and she gets me an order for Monoclonal Antibodies that evening. Rough night but by the 24th I feel much better from the covid symptoms but I'm back on Asthma meds I haven't been on in a long time. I never had a fever. Today Mrs Snapt, thrice vaccinated is now miserable with the same symptoms. Fucking rona.