Page 182 of 929 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 23206
    Recovering from Pfizer shot 2. Skipped the pain meds but coffee and salty potato chips seem to help my raging headache.

Ya, we are totally fucked if the boosters do a similar number on you. Joe Rogan is telling all the young and healthy to skip the vaccine. I don't agree with him, but he contends why intentionally make yourself sick to help out the rest of society when those young and healthy are convinced they can get through the real COVID without problems. Basically, why shouldn't they be selfish. If they can fine tune the amount of mRNA in the booster so that it doesn't fuck us up as much, maybe we have a chance.

There are ongoing mRNA vaccine trials to see whether cutting the dose in half achieves the same efficacy. We should also learn whether lower doses lessen side effects. Single dose combined Covid + Flu vaccines are also in development.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

Joe Rogan is telling all the young and healthy to skip the vaccine. I don't agree with him, but he contends why intentionally make yourself sick to help out the rest of society when those young and healthy are convinced they can get through the real COVID without problems. Basically, why shouldn't they be selfish. If they can fine tune the amount of mRNA in the booster so that it doesn't fuck us up as much, maybe we have a chance.
    He seems to be on quite the run of COVID skeptic guests on his show lately.

It too bad his audience is so large.

New Blood Tests Should Show How Long A COVID-19 Vaccine Will Protect You

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ll-protect-you

As I understand the above article, rather than just uniformly giving everyone a booster, you will first get a blood test that will be able to determine whether you even need a booster. Analyzing the entire population's blood doesn't sound cheep, but I rather give blood and be told I don't need a booster that get a booster even if I don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

It could be really bad advice if reports of 'significantly greater threat' to younger people from the Indian Covid variant turn to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Moderna 2 yesterday evening. Woke up sore as shit all over and clammy. No issues after number 1.

Who knows.
    I suffered for about 18 hours, all told. Tylenol definitely helped...

I’m headed for Pfizer #2 on Mon — thanks to you peeps for reporting your experiences...it helps temper expectations of the after-effects

New Blood Tests Should Show How Long A COVID-19 Vaccine Will Protect You

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ll-protect-you

As I understand the above article, rather than just uniformly giving everyone a booster, you will first get a blood test that will be able to determine whether you even need a booster. Analyzing the entire population's blood doesn't sound cheep, but I rather give blood and be told I don't need a booster that get a booster even if I don't need it.
    I test the horses for titers before deciding wether or not to vax them. I've really cut back on how much they get. Freaked me out when the industry went to 5way shots. Really messed up one of my horses once and I swore never again. WTF? Who thought giving one shot with 5 vax was a good idea?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

Podcast world is very crowded. He has to justify his Spotify deal by taking a different stance. It worked. He's getting press.

Recovering from Pfizer shot 2. Skipped the pain meds but coffee and salty potato chips seem to help my raging headache.

Ya, we are totally fucked if the boosters do a similar number on you. Joe Rogan is telling all the young and healthy to skip the vaccine. I don't agree with him, but he contends why intentionally make yourself sick to help out the rest of society when those young and healthy are convinced they can get through the real COVID without problems. Basically, why shouldn't they be selfish. If they can fine tune the amount of mRNA in the booster so that it doesn't fuck us up as much, maybe we have a chance.
    on worldometer >1100 dead in India yesturday, in America only 24,

most of the short term effects havent been any worse than a hangover
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Friend in his sixties decided against vaccination, obviously eligible. As of this morning, he is in ICU on a vent.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Friend in his sixties decided against vaccination, obviously eligible. As of this morning, he is in ICU on a vent.
    <sigh>

I hope he pulls through.

If only to learn something and perhaps pass along his hard-earned wisdom to others.

Not really holding my breath, though.

Did anyone hear the recent segment on this American Life that had a focus group of conservative folks not wanting the vaccine? It was lead by Frank Luntz to help figure out messaging.

One of the participants in the group had a husband who is hospitalized for almost 3 weeks and she said she still didn't want the vaccine. People will convince themselves of anything to help maintain their own narrative. The group did arrive at a consensus in the end, worth tuning into the podcast for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Parents of some friends here (four people, two of them brothers) seem to have taken the same attitude. 70's, healthy, fairly active compared to most their age. 3/4 (that I know of) caught it with very bad results. One dead so far.

One of our friends (DIL to surviving brother) has been publicly anti-science. What do you say to that person? So far I've got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Parents of some friends here (four people, two of them brothers) seem to have taken the same attitude. 70's, healthy, fairly active compared to most their age. 3/4 (that I know of) caught it with very bad results. One dead so far.

One of our friends (DIL to surviving brother) has been publicly anti-science. What do you say to that person? So far I've got nothing.
    Maybe start with "You're a moran"?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    <sigh>

I hope he pulls through.

If only to learn something and perhaps pass along his hard-earned wisdom to others.

Not really holding my breath, though.
    My worry is that for folks like TnKen's buddy that they bounce back and are like smokers who barely survive a major episode (heart attack, get part of a lung removed, etc.) and say they'll quit smoking, but go right back to it. In the case of COVID survival it would be more of an argument like "see, no big deal, went into the hospital and bounced right back"
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    My worry is that for folks like TnKen's buddy that they bounce back and are like smokers who barely survive a major episode (heart attack, get part of a lung removed, etc.) and say they'll quit smoking, but go right back to it. In the case of COVID survival it would be more of an argument like "see, no big deal, went into the hospital and bounced right back"
    That's precisely why I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's precisely why I'm not holding my breath.
    Well, I guess we should take some solace in that if TnKen's buddy survives he will be helping us to get to herd immunity, so he may have taken the more difficult path to getting antibodies, but he has some nonetheless, even if less effective than the vaccines.

A friend gives shots at the local mass-vax site. It only operates evenings and weekends, yet there are open spots everyday. And the two just north of Seattle have 1000 open slots daily. And that's in the blue half of the state.

It's way too early to be hitting this wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    A friend gives shots at the local mass-vax site. It only operates evenings and weekends, yet there are open spots everyday. And the two just north of Seattle have 1000 open slots daily. And that's in the blue half of the state.

It's way too early to be hitting this wall.
    IMO a lot of it is laziness...combined with vaccine hesitancy for political, religious, and/or conspiracy theory reasons. Last I checked about 60% of Oregon's population had been vaccinated. I figure around 25% fit into the lazy/ambivalent/too young category and the rest you can never convince to get the vaccine. Hopefully a combination of outreach and ease can get to the those that are open to getting the vaccine. Like others have said, that's where the J&J should be focused.

Moderna 2 yesterday at 11 am.
    Had the same sore arm as with the first shot (the only side-effect from that one).
    Went to bed feeling OK. Got up at 3am to pee. Halfway to the bathroom I start with the chills big time. Threw on an extra blanket and was OK. No fever today but very achy all over. I believe it's getting better though.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Go to the bar, "Shots For Shots," get a poke, get a drink. That will help a lot.

Pfizer and Moderna will get full FDA in a month or two, which will help.

A lot of colleges and employers will mandate the vaccine. That will help (and create drama).

Pfizer will get approved for ages 12-15 in a month, that will help.

They are now enrolling 6mo-11yo in study and can probably get that approved by end of the year.

By mid-June my county will be >70% fully vaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    <snip>

A lot of colleges and employers will mandate the vaccine. That will help (and create drama).
    Don't worry... Montana's Governor GiantFuckFace and the legislature have got that covered.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...rs-requiring-a

Two weeks post PFizer #2. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Two weeks post PFizer #2. Yay.
    You are now allowed to french kiss Dr. Fauci.