Page 790 of 875 FirstFirst ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,750 of 21864
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If that isn't enough to move this shit to pollyass, I don't know what is.
    We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Many people would be very upset if this thread was moved; people would be pissed that a few people who can't help themselves could lead to a very important and useful thread being moved to the cesspool. So unless that viewpoint changes, it's not moving.

So what we ask of people -- it's not all that fucking hard -- is to avoid posting blatantly political shit (riser, that's a pretty obvious example; if you want to post shit like that, go to poliass). But we also ask people to understand that sometimes politics bleeds in because it just does.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

Thanks Mods - can’t be easy or fun but it’s appreciated

The fact that some maggots feel a thread on vaccination is inherently POLITICAL is fucking bananas. Just because a topic has been heavily politicized doesn’t make it political.

Anyways, I’ll say it again: tons of good info in this thread. It’d be a shame to make it go away because some people can’t resist posting pictures of the POTUS and other people are so deeply offended by them they demand the entire thread be shunted into the corner.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    so people rushing to get a rapid test because they are feeling bad and then testing negative may still be sick and contagious.
    I tested negative on Monday afternoon, felt fine on Tuesday afternoon, then tested positive on Wednesday morning (and again this afternoon, just for sport). These were all with rapid antigen tests, which I am glad we had sitting in the cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Many people would be very upset if this thread was moved; people would be pissed that a few people who can't help themselves could lead to a very important and useful thread being moved to the cesspool. So unless that viewpoint changes, it's not moving.

So what we ask of people -- it's not all that fucking hard -- is to avoid posting blatantly political shit (riser, that's a pretty obvious example; if you want to post shit like that, go to poliass). But we also ask people to understand that sometimes politics bleeds in because it just does.

Thank you.
    agreed, mostly -
    I definitely hope the thread can be preserved, even if at times posting to these threads might be suspended ;

There do appear to be a couple of posters who seem intent on forcing a decision regarding these threads ; alternatively, I would ask that they be dealt with individually.

also fellow posters, these forums are a service from TGR ;
    we are here through the Company's generosity and grace -
    abuse it, and we may lose the forums.

my thanks to TGR. skiJ

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...elta-peak.html

Portland area hospitals are slammed with patients testing positive for coronavirus, reaching numbers fast-approaching the peak of the delta wave.
    But even as the surge puts unprecedented strain on the hospital system, it appears those hospitalizations are, for the most part, for less severe cases than before.

“I think it is fair to say that this is the most stress we have seen on our system since the beginning months of the pandemic,” Dr. Kevin Olson, chief executive of clinical programs for Providence Health & Services in Oregon, said in a statement.
    On Thursday, 393 people who tested positive for coronavirus were hospitalized in the region that stretches from Clackamas County to the coast, just 44 short of the peak hospitalizations Sept. 8. There’s no sign that hospitalizations are going down, and the region could easily meet, or even exceed, the previous peak.

[skip]

“We are seeing fewer patients in need of critical care,” Olson said. “Hospitalized patients are less sick than those in the delta wave.”
    But those numbers tell only part of the story, as hospitals struggle to find and keep workers.
    “We are in an extreme staffing shortage,” Olson said.

Gov. Kate Brown said this week she will deploy 1,200 National Guard troops to 50 hospitals statewide to help make up for the shortage in workers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    “220,000 Americans dead,” he said during the Oct. 22 debate. “You hear nothing else I say tonight, hear this. Anyone who … is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America.”

-- Joe Biden

Lets see if the Mod's remain fair...or if it depends on WHO is offended....

Responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    “220,000 Americans dead,” he said during the Oct. 22 debate. “You hear nothing else I say tonight, hear this. Anyone who … is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America.”

-- Joe Biden

Are you offended?

Anyway, back on track, maybe Omicron has peaked in some places?

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2022...stewater-covid
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

-- Joe Biden

More discussion here. Go there if you dare
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...46#post6512446
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 01-14-2022 at 02:56 PM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    806k new cases today with almost 2k deaths.
    111k just for CA.
    JFC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AA1D07E-BF06-486E-8377-D3FBB5BA56BC.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	401139

-- Joe Biden

It's a lot harder to mop up a diaperload of fail than it was to shit it.

How fucking dumb are you to think you just made a clever argument for MAGA? Very fucking dumb, that's how dumb you are and how dumb you think everyone else is.

Is your mom dumb too?

take this political shit to poliass - Cono has a thread there called "Biden Beats Trump In Covid Killing" where this stuff belongs

leave this thread here please - it would be a shame for it to be moved

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I tested negative on Monday afternoon, felt fine on Tuesday afternoon, then tested positive on Wednesday morning (and again this afternoon, just for sport). These were all with rapid antigen tests, which I am glad we had sitting in the cabinet.
    I hope your recovery is smooth. Did you throat swab or just nasal swab?

I had a mildly runny nose this morning, which is typical for me during dry windy winter wx patterns like we have now. Just had a coworker (haven't seen him since early December) have similar symptoms and test positive with an at-home test today. We have 2 test kits left at home. Current plan is to test the night before (or early morning of) my next work day at the ski hill (Sunday). my household has been living in kn95 when needing to be indoors around people other than my household (I even shaved my beard to improve fit).

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    take this political shit to poliass - Cono has a thread there called "Biden Beats Trump In Covid Killing" where this stuff belongs

leave this thread here please - it would be a shame for it to be moved
    Good point and I'm in. I will respond to every single polyass non vaccine or vaccine decision thread in that thread.. Quote here it and paste this link as the response... to go there and see responses to shit people try to troll here about.. Sound good??

Respond to polyass trolling here with this link and your actual response there..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Good point and I'm in. I will respond to every single polyass non vaccine or vaccine decision thread in that threat.. Quote here it and paste this link as the response... to go there and see responses to shit people try to troll here about.. Sound good??

Respond to polyass trolling here with this link and your actual response there..
    what? in English please

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    what? in English please
    Next time someone trolls with a polyass post here I will respond with the link where that post belongs... and respond to them there, not here..

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AA1D07E-BF06-486E-8377-D3FBB5BA56BC.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	401139
    That's one deadly cold virus.

as the mods mentioned there is always going to be some political nature to discussing a pandemic with regards to public health measures, the CDC, the individual state approaches, the courts etc. But we should be able to keep that from getting out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's one deadly cold virus.
    Indeed and total mortality stays exactly the same as it was before the COVID hoax began right?

By the way, don't we all have to click on a waiver saying we agree to viewing potentially offensive content in the Padded Room? Seems like if you're willing to look at threads here you should be willing to live with some politics, religion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Next time someone trolls with a polyass post here I will respond with the link where that post belongs... and respond to them there, not here..

Not needed mom. Go back to your glass of wine.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    By the way, don't we all have to click on a waiver saying we agree to viewing potentially offensive content in the Padded Room? Seems like if you're willing to look at threads here you should be willing to live with some politics, religion, etc.
    no. The 'check-in' Click is for PolyA.

( skiJ )

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Not needed mom. Go back to your glass of wine.

-- Joe Biden

See if we remain fair? We scolded riser for posting purely political shit in this thread, and your way to check for fairness is to post more purely political shit in response? Fuck off.

What part of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    So what we ask of people -- it's not all that fucking hard -- is to avoid posting blatantly political shit (riser, that's a pretty obvious example; if you want to post shit like that, go to poliass).
    did you not understand?

To be crystal clear, posting purely political shit in here is frowned upon. Posting more purely political shit to try and stick a thumb in our eye is even more frowned upon. We don't give a fuck who or what offends you or what pieces of flair you are wearing. Read this paragraph over 3 times before posting.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.