Page 778 of 929 FirstFirst ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... LastLast
Results 19,426 to 19,450 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    'Rona positive about two hours ago. I'm a Moderna man, two initial shots and the booster in November.

Co-worker in the office hacked around last week and tested positive yesterday. I tested negative yesterday, then positive today.

Doc prescribed Molnupiravir which is supposedly the latest greatest.

I've got bronchitis, a terrible cough, muscle aches, no fever, no sinus issues, and just feel lethargic. Also got a steroid, antibiotics and hydrocodone suspension for the cough.

Prevailing thought is this variant is going to get all of us. Just get it over with.
    Hope you feel better.

Just getting it over with goes along with popular thinking at the moment, but many people have had Delta and Omicron. There's no reason to think it's one and done.

Maybe people have been talking about this here, but I hadn't heard about it. A couple people I know have had the Rona quite recently and their docs have told them to take Pepcid, which sounds like fake news but there may be something to it apparently: https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...5&publicId=395

my memory of Thanksgiving is within forty-eight hours of the announcement of omicron in SA, there were three more cases identified elsewhere in the eastern hemishpere ( Belgium(?) and... ) and
    within ninty-six hours the first case in NorthAmerica was being reported...

I believe the process by which this Information gets released is something I am not aware of...
    November 24th ? Hmmm...

There was some interesting modeling on-line two years ago regarding the spread of disease with unregulated international travel...

While I am uncomfortable with the characterization of the spread of omicron as 'insane', and the characterization of it as being a flu or a cold ( it is neither ), omicron is spreading unlike anything I have seen in my lifetime. and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Please Be vaccinated and get boostered. tj

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This is poor advice for unvaccinated folks...
    True. The co-worker in my office is unvaccinated. Thinks the virus was intentionally released so Faucci, Gates, and their cronies can make $$$ off the govenment. Who knows, she may be right, but nevertheless, I think it is now proven that vaccinations help with this variety.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

<snip> Thinks the virus was intentionally released so Faucci, Gates, and their cronies can make $$$ off the govenment. Who knows, she may be right
    No, she may not be.

She's a fucking lunatic and you'd be wise to treat interactions with her as such.

Thinks the virus was intentionally released so Faucci, Gates, and their cronies can make $$$ off the govenment. Who knows, she may be right
    Yeah, I know. She's not right. That's a moronic assertion from a dull, addled mind. Come on.

True. The co-worker in my office is unvaccinated. Thinks the virus was intentionally released so Faucci, Gates, and their cronies can make $$$ off the govenment. Who knows, she may be right, but nevertheless, I think it is now proven that vaccinations help with this variety.
    she forgot big pharma

i think it would be better if you just assume she is one of many dumb asses instead of going down the rabbit hole of believing that shit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I still haven't seen any estimates suggesting that more than 50% of the population will get Omicron, so I disagree that "everyone's going to get it."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I still haven't seen any estimates suggesting that more than 50% of the population will get Omicron, so I disagree that "everyone's going to get it."
    I believe most of it will go unreported..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I believe this to be true. Many, many millions will be asymptomatic, yet be spreading it at the same time.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I believe most of it will go unreported..
    True, but I would assume that's considered in the estimates.

AD, did you miss my post from WHO saying more than 50% of Europe may get it in the coming weeks? Or Trevor Bedford saying 5-10% of the US is currently infected with COVID, right now? Or maybe that Snohomish County Health Department believes that 3-5% of its residents have contracted COVID in the last two weeks?

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/as-of...ec-gets-covid/

bob wachter described the 4 main treatment methods on a twitter post on 1/8 about his son being infected: https://twitter.com/Bob_Wachter/stat...13165039095810

"There are 4 main treatment options for a symptomatic outpatient. One: monoclonal antibodies. But the only one that works against Omicron, (I’m assuming he has Omicron, because it’s now dominant in the U.S. and because the lightning-fast incubation is an Omicron tell) otrovimab, is in exceptionally short supply – last wk, UCSF had none in stock. So that’s out. My fave, the Pfizer pill Paxlovid, which ⬇the chance of hospitalization by ~90%, is also hard to find. @UCSF, we’ll only use it in severely immuno--suppressed folks. 3rd choice: Remdesivir, an IV drug that we’ve long used in hospital, but recently shown to ⬇hospital & death rates by 87% in hi-risk outpatients. Because it’s IV, its use is also limited to patients at much ⬆risk than my son. Finally, Merck’s Molnupiravir. Like Paxlovid, it's a 5-day pill.https://merck.com/news/merck-and-rid...rate-covid-19/ It’s less effective (~30% benefit) than Paxlovid, but more available. "

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    AD, did you miss my post from WHO saying more than 50% of Europe may get it in the coming weeks? Or Trevor Bedford saying 5-10% of the US is currently infected with COVID, right now? Or maybe that Snohomish County Health Department believes that 3-5% of its residents have contracted COVID in the last two weeks?

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/as-of...ec-gets-covid/
    The European one is the only time I've seen greater than 50%. That's still a far cry from "everyone's going to get it."

Just got shot 4, Pfizer, due to being undergoing radiation therapy. Feeling lazy.

As of Feb 5 in Chile all over-55’s who are 6 months out from shot 3, will be eligible for #4.

Big test for Chile’s strategy coming up, what with that Omicron thing funneling thru the Santiago airport (from the USA of course). We survived the Delta wave relatively well, but new cases doubled this week, and Argentina is already thru the roof.

The European one is the only time I've seen greater than 50%. That's still a far cry from "everyone's going to get it."
    That WHO Europe 50% is only in the next couple of weeks.

In Trevor Bedford's latest post he details why he believes in London, at the current moment, for every confirmed COVID case you have, in reality, you have 3.5 cases. In the US he believes that ratio is more like 1 in 4 or 1 in 5.

But use that on UK stats for the entire pandemic. 14.7 million confirmed cases in UK with a population of 67 million. 14.7 x 3.5 = 51.45 million. Yes, some of these positives might be people that contracted COVID twice. But we're most likely already at the point where more than 50% of earth has contracted COVID during the pandemic (or at least in places that have experienced an Omicron wave). Give Omicron a few more waves and that will get much closer to "everyone's going to get it."

And then comes Psi Epsilon!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Anti-vax leader Christopher Key claims drinking your own urine cures COVID-19 https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-covid-19.html

It's not rocket science to expect places with zero mask mandates or low compliance to mask mandates to be higher and places with solid mask mandates and compliance to be lower. This shit's being compared to measles now for airborne lingering..

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Anti-vax leader Christopher Key claims drinking your own urine cures COVID-19 https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-covid-19.html

That ivermectin gotta go in a circle!

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Maybe people have been talking about this here, but I hadn't heard about it. A couple people I know have had the Rona quite recently and their docs have told them to take Pepcid, which sounds like fake news but there may be something to it apparently: https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...5&publicId=395
    Old news, still not really sure ..

https://news.virginia.edu/content/ca...treat-covid-19

'Rona positive about two hours ago. I'm a Moderna man, two initial shots and the booster in November.

Co-worker in the office hacked around last week and tested positive yesterday. I tested negative yesterday, then positive today.

Doc prescribed Molnupiravir which is supposedly the latest greatest.

I've got bronchitis, a terrible cough, muscle aches, no fever, no sinus issues, and just feel lethargic. Also got a steroid, antibiotics and hydrocodone suspension for the cough.

Prevailing thought is this variant is going to get all of us. Just get it over with.
    heal fast kenny, and if you drink your own natural yellow medicine be sure to let us know how it goes.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    That WHO Europe 50% is only in the next couple of weeks.
    No, the next six to eight weeks. Also:
    Scientists are seeing signals that COVID-19′s alarming omicron wave may have peaked in Britain and is about to do the same in the U.S., at which point cases may start dropping off dramatically.

The reason: The variant has proved so wildly contagious that it may already be running out of people to infect, just a month and a half after it was first detected in South Africa.

“It’s going to come down as fast as it went up,” said Ali Mokdad, a professor of health metrics sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle.
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...s-and-britain/

I don't think there's any reason to assume there will be a second wave of omicron. Maybe there will be, but have any of the other variants had second waves?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Although delicious, this isn’t true unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Unvaccinated Quebecers will have to pay a health tax, Legault says

Unvaccinated Quebecers without medical exemptions will have to pay if they don't get 1st dose soon
    Legault did not say when the payment would take effect or how much it would cost, but he did say he wanted it to be significant enough to act as an incentive to get vaccinated — more than $50 or $100, he added. Legault said details would be revealed "in the coming weeks."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ebec-1.6311054
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.