Page 776 of 878 FirstFirst ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... LastLast
Results 19,376 to 19,400 of 21926
  1. #19376
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,621
    actualy a vaccinated person who can still Identify as unvaccinated might be a good ploy to get everyone vaccinated ?

    the born again unvaccinated, not unlike the born-again-Virgin ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  2. #19377
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I tried the Googles for German Health Care Policy and did not find anything to validate what I posted. One article did mention the new government will be voting on much stricter restrictions. While I would agree that health care is a basic human right (thinking smokers and fatties) under extreme conditions (no ICU beds) I think it fair they and the non vaccinated go to the end of the health care line.
    In practice there are already efforts underway to charge the unvaxxed much higher healthcare insurance premiums... same as they already do for smokers.. but even higher rates..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  3. #19378
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N side, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    “It”?
    Close to my thoughts. May I suggest "twit"?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  4. #19379
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,621
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    In practice there are already efforts underway to charge the unvaxxed much higher healthcare insurance premiums... same as they already do for smokers.. but even higher rates..
    do you mean in America or Chermany ? Everyone should have the freedom to chose the HC they can't afford\\

    won't work up here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  5. #19380
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N side, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I tried the Googles for German Health Care Policy and did not find anything to validate what I posted. One article did mention the new government will be voting on much stricter restrictions. While I would agree that health care is a basic human right (thinking smokers and fatties) under extreme conditions (no ICU beds) I think it fair they and the non vaccinated go to the end of the health care line.
    The missus just got back from visiting her daughter, granddaughter and SIL. Said they are now instituting vaccine req'ments for getting into bars and restaurants.

  6. #19381
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,621
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Close to my thoughts. May I suggest "twit"?
    She wasnt happy about it but hey at least she got the Vax , you know there are a lot of special flowers here eh G
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  7. #19382
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,040
    schindler -

    you're forgetting the recent tangent in which a magg. claimed 'dumbass' was the magg's pronoun of choice and was greatly criticized for the magg's lack of enlightenment and lack of sensitivity.

    written communication can be ,,, creative
    ( it's interesting the criticism that draws ).

    I see goat's humor - and
    will simply refer to the Unvaccinated as Unvaccinated ( adjective / noun / (pronoun) ).

    I like your thoughts about rational and ( especially) moral conduct ;
    the idea of a "social contract" is raised again, to which my response remains, the Unvaccinated do not recognize a "social contract regarding covid" ;
    to the Unvaccinated, it is Only a matter of personal 'freedom' and covid is a fraud / hoax, etc., etc.

    liv -
    Where did you read Germany was restricting access to medical care ?
    I also find nothing about medical care - though Policy regarding "hospitality" may change. ( Politico )

    If I was going to include another idea in this post it would be in response to the idea that omicron would lead to population immunity and the pandemic will be over in February...



    I don't think so -
    ( has Tacoma updated it's isolation / quarantine Policy yet ? ?? )

    ... carry on.
    Thanks - at least it has not been so Dark today.

    skiJ

  8. #19383
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,833
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

    written communication can be ,,, creative
    ( it's interesting the criticism that draws ).

    skiJ
    Honest question: how did you come up with the style of “writing” and why did you decide to butcher the English language?

    2nd question: do you know anyone else on this earth that writes like this?

    3rd: do you think people actually enjoy reading this style of writing?

  9. #19384
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I tried the Googles for German Health Care Policy and did not find anything to validate what I posted. One article did mention the new government will be voting on much stricter restrictions. While I would agree that health care is a basic human right (thinking smokers and fatties) under extreme conditions (no ICU beds) I think it fair they and the non vaccinated go to the end of the health care line.
    Should drinkers also go to the back of the healthcare line? Should an anorexic teenager with heart problems from not eating be treated better than an obese teenager with complications from type 2 diabetes caused by genetics and over eating? What about skiers injured taking big risks? People who attempt suicide and survive with injuries/health problems? Pot smokers?

    People who get covid while traveling during pandemic?

    I kind of think antivaxxers should go to the back of the line, and with things like organ transplants current health and likelihood of a person taking care of themselves is taken into account. All in all, though,, its pretty ridiculous to think that its fair to judge someone's right to access healthcare based on if they are a "fattie" or if they smoke cigarettes.

  10. #19385
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Should drinkers also go to the back of the healthcare line? Should an anorexic teenager with heart problems from not eating be treated better than an obese teenager with complications from type 2 diabetes caused by genetics and over eating? What about skiers injured taking big risks? People who attempt suicide and survive with injuries/health problems? Pot smokers?

    People who get covid while traveling during pandemic?

    I kind of think antivaxxers should go to the back of the line, and with things like organ transplants current health and likelihood of a person taking care of themselves is taken into account. All in all, though,, its pretty ridiculous to think that its fair to judge someone's right to access healthcare based on if they are a "fattie" or if they smoke cigarettes.
    Is there a widely available FREE vaccine that makes those ailments 95% less likely to require hospitalization?

    I'll wait while you check..


    If there was and they refused to take it then yes, absolutely end of the line...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  11. #19386
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Should drinkers also go to the back of the healthcare line? Should an anorexic teenager with heart problems from not eating be treated better than an obese teenager with complications from type 2 diabetes caused by genetics and over eating? What about skiers injured taking big risks? People who attempt suicide and survive with injuries/health problems? Pot smokers?

    People who get covid while traveling during pandemic?

    I kind of think antivaxxers should go to the back of the line, and with things like organ transplants current health and likelihood of a person taking care of themselves is taken into account. All in all, though,, its pretty ridiculous to think that its fair to judge someone's right to access healthcare based on if they are a "fattie" or if they smoke cigarettes.
    No one here gives a flying fuck what you think, JONG. And what SJG said.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  12. #19387
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denver-ish
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is there a widely available FREE vaccine that makes those ailments 95% less likely to require hospitalization?

    I'll wait while you check..
    Can smokers stop smoking, skiers stop skiing, fatties stop fatting, etc?

  13. #19388
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Can smokers stop smoking, skiers stop skiing, fatties stop fatting, etc?
    There's a pretty immediate fix to prevent COVID hospitalization.. Not so much for those things.. and the healthcare system's built to handle that already.. If there was a magic shot to reduce the need for 95% of them to go to the hospital and they refused to take it definitely put them at the end of the line behind you anti vax idiots..

    Might as well say people shouldn't ski or bike, especially road bike or motorcycles.. Add swimming to the list of risky activates.. at the top.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  14. #19389
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,620
    Smoking is actually a much better parallel for mask use. Both smoking and unmasked in a pandemic are exhaling potential poison on others. Every place smoking is not allowed, masks should be required.. Executive order that shit..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  15. #19390
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denver-ish
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There's a pretty immediate fix to prevent COVID hospitalization.. Not so much for those things.. and the healthcare system's built to handle that already.. If there was a magic shot to reduce the need for 95% of them to go to the hospital and they refused to take it definitely put them at the end of the line behind you anti vax idiots..
    Pretty quick, easy and cheap to stop skiing. The healthcare system (and all of our insurance rates) will expand to accommodate endemic COVID, just as it previously expanded to accommodate the rise in smokers and fatties. My entire family is thrice-vaxxed.

  16. #19391
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,750
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I tried the Googles for German Health Care Policy and did not find anything to validate what I posted. One article did mention the new government will be voting on much stricter restrictions. While I would agree that health care is a basic human right (thinking smokers and fatties) under extreme conditions (no ICU beds) I think it fair they and the non vaccinated go to the end of the health care line.
    Yeah there's no such thing going on in Germany... they have tight vaccine mandates and tougher being discussed but not removing healthcare coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  17. #19392
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    26,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Honest question: how did you come up with the style of “writing” and why did you decide to butcher the English language?

    3rd: do you think people actually enjoy reading this style of writing?
    unusual style I would agree but I always understand skiJ

    while I almost never understand skifishbum so i guess

    in any case they make my writing look better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #19393
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,580
    I don’t think anyone should be denied care. We need universal coverage in this country and going down that road makes that improbable. We all make bad decisions in life.

    There’s also the issue of it being against the law to deny care and with our current system that needs to remain sacrosanct.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #19394
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,157
    Doctors already have it hard enough having to manage care in times of overwhelming demand and limited resources. Don’t make it harder by putting the onus on them to decide who is living well enough to get what level of care.

    That does happen in limited situations (does a hardcore long-standing alcoholic with liver failure qualify for a transplant? Where do they go on the donor list - do you put them ahead of someone whose’s liver failed because of cancer etc?)

    We can talk tough on a population level. But families get their lawyers on the phone when it comes down to an individual patient level - and at that point society isn’t there for that lone doctor and the years long complaint and lawsuit process.

  20. #19395
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    No one here gives a flying fuck what you think, JONG. And what SJG said.
    And the echo chamber rolls on.....

  21. #19396
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We can talk tough on a population level. But families get their lawyers on the phone when it comes down to an individual patient level - and at that point society isn’t there for that lone doctor and the years long complaint and lawsuit process.
    Perceived scarcity always brings out 'the worthy' rationing talk. The Right's entire ethos is built upon it.

    Understand the frustration but I don't think we are ready for that problematic option here so it's not worth too much of our brain space. Let's face it - extremely unlikely to ration care to the unvax'd. US Healthcare will be doled out as it always is: dependent upon your means & who you know.

  22. #19397
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I don’t think anyone should be denied care. We need universal coverage in this country and going down that road makes that improbable. We all make bad decisions in life.

    There’s also the issue of it being against the law to deny care and with our current system that needs to remain sacrosanct.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fine then put them in a parking lot tent with all the horse dewormer they can swallow..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  23. #19398
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    And the echo chamber rolls on.....
    Wait wut? Me not wanting to entertain the inanities of a newb JONG is evidence to you of an echo chamber? As Spock would say, fascinating…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  24. #19399
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,040
    Buzz. -
    You've been on Ignore for a while now.
    " Honest question" : what have I written that you believe 'butchers the English language' ?

    I made some adjustments in how I write -here- a few months ago, Because some of what I write, I hope has merit.
    Some of it is just ventilation.


    If XXX- doesn't quote your post,
    I don't see it.
    You are welcome to skip my posts, too

    ( I understnd I don't use enough profanity to entertain ;
    that is rarely why I am here. )

    If you think using the word 'Unvaccinated' instead of a pronoun 'butchers the English languuage,

    I apologize ... I am not-sorry.

    Sincerely. tj

  25. #19400
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,620
    Buckle up.. Omicron has jumped the shark. Next up, Deltacron! Er umm not really.. Next up IHU?

    A new coronavirus variant nicknamed "Deltacron" has been discovered in Cyprus, local media reported on Saturday.

    The variant has a similar genetic background to the Delta variant, as well as some of the mutations from Omicron, explained Dr. Leondios Kostrikis, the head of the laboratory of biotechnology and molecular virology at the University of Cyprus, according to the Cyprus Mail.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •