Page 685 of 929 FirstFirst ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,125 of 23206
    My buddy is flying up to the midwest for turkey day with his inlaws this weekend. He found out yesterday that all four of them have covid currently, all unvaxxed, all still going into offices where people have been testing positive. One of them is pregnant...

Classic conservative, fox-news-eating, white christian types who are anti everything. 3 of the 4 are now on the mend, but the 4th had it pretty bad but seems to be past the worst of it.

On the phone yesterday they all expressed how "they didn't think it was this bad" and "they didn't realize how sick you could get"... SMH. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    My buddy is flying up to the midwest for turkey day with his inlaws this weekend. He found out yesterday that all four of them have covid currently, all unvaxxed, all still going into offices where people have been testing positive. One of them is pregnant...

Classic conservative, fox-news-eating, white christian types who are anti everything. 3 of the 4 are now on the mend, but the 4th had it pretty bad but seems to be past the worst of it.

On the phone yesterday they all expressed how "they didn't think it was this bad" and "they didn't realize how sick you could get"... SMH. WTF?
    ...And they probably still won't get vaccinated ninety days from now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    link?
    Joke.

But if I wasn't afraid of sending the thread to polyass I'd tell you about the push in Wisconsin to file felony charges against 5 of the 6 members of the bipartisan (3/3) election commission for letting the wrong candidate win the Presidential election.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/u...-election.html
    That was the "inspiration" for my lame joke.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    ...And they probably still won't get vaccinated ninety days from now.

You don’t have to wait 90 days. We offer vaccination when we discharge Covid patients.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    He found out yesterday that all four of them have covid currently, all unvaxxed, all still going into offices where people have been testing positive.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You don’t have to wait 90 days. We offer vaccination when we discharge Covid patients.

You are correct... I just assumed they got some treatment (mab or plasma.) I do think post covid one is pretty well protected for 90 days....I could be wrong about this though.

You are correct... I just assumed they got some treatment (mab or plasma.) I do think post covid one is pretty well protected for 90 days....I could be wrong about this though.

When they're hospitalized is by far the best chance you have to get them vaccinated. (Pro* tip, if you're ever hospitalized for anything serious make sure all follow up appointments, tests and meds are taken care of before you leave the hospital, unless trying to line up that stuff yourself from home sounds like an amusing way to kill time--a lot of time.)

*By pro, I mean professional patient. You learn a lot being a patient.

Moderna booster on board yesterday. I've felt hungover/like my head is in a vise all day and just crawled back in into bed and realized I've got a lymph node in my armpit that is a larger than a golf ball and well on its way to tennis ball sized.

First round of shots were Pfizer and none kicked my ass like this but hopefully I'm untouchable for a good while now

Poked today. Arm hurts, not as bad as the first two punches yet, but getting there. Mode #3 engage!
    You chickens who haven't even started, get with the program already!

Shit’s getting real

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0261E44B-F2D7-4B4D-8B7D-8787C6A77973.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	830.2 KB 
ID:	393348

Better protected with vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Moderna booster on board yesterday. I've felt hungover/like my head is in a vise all day and just crawled back in into bed and realized I've got a lymph node in my armpit that is a larger than a golf ball and well on its way to tennis ball sized.

First round of shots were Pfizer and none kicked my ass like this but hopefully I'm untouchable for a good while now
    That doesn’t sound like a normal reaction. I’d seek medical attention.

When I got my Moderna booster, the nurse told me it was only half the dosage of the original shot, so I shouldn’t expect side effects other than a sore arm for a day. Well, she was wrong about that! Headache, fever, chills, I was wiped out and spent the next day in bed. Very similar to the original second shot. But felt much better the day after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Better protected with vaccination

I think you misunderstood me. Cdc recommends waiting 90 days for vaccination post covid after receiving mab or convalescent plasma treatment.

Re: the CDC. Their current recommendation is to get the same booster as the shot you got. But then I keep hearing there may be benefits from going with the opposite mRNA. Trying to decide what to get. Had Moderna originally, was knocked out for 24-30 hours after the second shot, and was thinking I’d get the Pfizer booster this time.

Had Pfizer the 1st time around, which was no big deal. Was reading the Atlantic yesterday and the Moderna vaccine is a larger dose for the boaster than the Pfizer boaster. Was thinking that may be the way to go, but after reading this page, maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Had Pfizer the 1st time around, which was no big deal. Was reading the Atlantic yesterday and the Moderna vaccine is a larger dose for the boaster than the Pfizer boaster. Was thinking that may be the way to go, but after reading this page, maybe not.

I had Pfizer followed by Moderna booster and had the strongest reaction of the 3 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    That doesn’t sound like a normal reaction. I’d seek medical attention.

When I got my Moderna booster, the nurse told me it was only half the dosage of the original shot, so I shouldn’t expect side effects other than a sore arm for a day. Well, she was wrong about that! Headache, fever, chills, I was wiped out and spent the next day in bed. Very similar to the original second shot. But felt much better the day after that.
    I survived the night after sleeping solidly for 12. The headache is gone and the lymph node is still sore and swollen but a bit smaller. I think medical attention isn't really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Re: the CDC. Their current recommendation is to get the same booster as the shot you got. But then I keep hearing there may be benefits from going with the opposite mRNA. Trying to decide what to get. Had Moderna originally, was knocked out for 24-30 hours after the second shot, and was thinking I’d get the Pfizer booster this time.
    There's no advantage or disadvantage to mixing mRNA vaccines. It's mainly a question of convenience and logistics. No need to drive an hour to get one vaccine if the other is available 5 minutes away.

And about someone else's post about swollen lymph node in the arm pit, it's not common but not rare or alarming. If it doesn't go down in a couple of days might be worth a call to doctor.

I wonder if the there's any common factor in people who have exceptionally strong reactions to the vaccine and people who have hyperimmune reaction (cytokine storm) with Covid--if people who have very strong reaction to the shot would have been more likely to die of Covid if they got it unvaccinated? Total speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

This is incorrect. The Pfizer booster is the same dose as its first two vaccinations, the Moderna booster is a half dose compared to its first two courses.

I had Pfizer for all three, and my second shot and booster both knocked me on my ass for 18-24 hours. I had a swollen lymph node in my armpit after my first vaccine, which was my only side effect from the first shot. That didn't occur with the second or third doses.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's no advantage or disadvantage to mixing mRNA vaccines. It's mainly a question of convenience and logistics.
    that’s how I understand it too.

best point I saw was from a doc in a NYT article - since we don’t (yet) know of a clear advantage with one or the other, if your initial 2 shots had no bad side effects, might be best to go with the same vaccine again - since your body has already shown it can tolerate it.

My doc’s office only had Moderna, presumably for storage reasons.
    The local pharmacy does either, but the Pfizer has a 30min prep time, which of course, they don’t have time to prep prior to your appointment time.
    I got Moderna as a follow up to Pfizer since I did it at the doc. Mrs ::: ::: scheduled at a pharmacy & did Pfizer 3. We both had minimal reactions: some chills, hangover headache. Mrs had a horrible shoulder pain with Pfizer #2, such that she couldn’t take a shirt off. But #3 was not that way.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This is incorrect.
    No, he was right. But this is also correct:

The Pfizer booster is the same dose as its first two vaccinations, the Moderna booster is a half dose compared to its first two courses.
    Pfizer is less than half a modeRNA, so still smaller than the modeRNA boost.

I'm pretty sure that 0.5/2 < 0.3.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's no advantage or disadvantage to mixing mRNA vaccines. It's mainly a question of convenience and logistics. No need to drive an hour to get one vaccine if the other is available 5 minutes away.

And about someone else's post about swollen lymph node in the arm pit, it's not common but not rare or alarming. If it doesn't go down in a couple of days might be worth a call to doctor.

I wonder if the there's any common factor in people who have exceptionally strong reactions to the vaccine and people who have hyperimmune reaction (cytokine storm) with Covid--if people who have very strong reaction to the shot would have been more likely to die of Covid if they got it unvaccinated? Total speculation on my part.
    Pretty sure that there is a decent amount of info out there that shows that mixing the mRNA shots can provide stronger immunity. With Pfizer, Pfizer, Moderna being the strongest immune booster.

I’d say Moderna as a booster was the biggest immune response from my experience. And that was a half dose booster. Items to terrible but shitty enough to take a day off and stay home from work just because I could. Needed one of those days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure that 1/2 = 0.5 > 0.3.
    FIFY