Page 515 of 929 FirstFirst ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,875 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The Nazi’s offered the Jews Typhus vaccines, but because they refused then they decided to commit genocide on them?

Thats some special history with uncle deebs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    KKK continues on with his own special brand of stupidity and quickly admits he'd have quickly aligned with the nazis 70 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    That's one helluva man date.
    Just in case there aren't any dentists around I'll even bring change of a nickel. I'm pretty pumped for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The homeless aren’t dying from Covid because of Skidog’s homeless vaccine outreach program

Nope still mostly unvaxxed and not sick yet..I'm working it though.

What an idiot.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Are there documented cases of vaccine breakthrough superspreaders? Not superspreader events, but individual vaccinated superspreaders?

The distinction is important because superspreaders can cause upwards of 80% of secondary infections. Even though PCR tests can show similar amounts of virus particles between vax'd and unvax'd — more recent studies also show on average the vax'd have a lower viral load, are infectious for less time, and shed fewer live virus — suggesting documented, as opposed to anecdotal, vax'd superspreaders are rare.
    PCR...totally 100% amirite?

As of August most prisoners are vaccinated ~80% while most staffers and guards are not ~48%. An increasing number of states have mandated guards get vax'd.
    Thank you...that's good.

Name:  florida-bugs-bunny.gif
Views: 266
Size:  772.2 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Are there documented cases of vaccine breakthrough superspreaders? Not superspreader events, but individual vaccinated superspreaders?

The distinction is important because superspreaders can cause upwards of 80% of secondary infections. Even though PCR tests can show similar amounts of virus particles between vax'd and unvax'd — more recent studies also show on average the vax'd have a lower viral load, are infectious for less time, and shed fewer live virus — suggesting documented, as opposed to anecdotal, vax'd superspreaders are rare.
    First, I think first we'd have to agree on a what is a super spreader event.

Second, here's a great example of one https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07...s-coronavirus/

To the question of how many could we vax with a mandate:
    In April, we hit a peak of 3.4M doses per day. So we have the capacity to maintain this rate, likely more.
    For the last couple months, we've been averaging 650k doses per day.

So with a mandate starting on Biden's freedom day, we could have vaccinated (3.4M-650k)/2 doses *75 days = 103 million additional people.

Instead of 180 million, we could be at 283 million. Instead of 55%, we could be at 85% vaccinated. Much beyond that, we need a kid vaccine. That said, 85% may be enough to end the pandemic. 95% would be better and faster path to normal.

A similar argument works for the next 75 days.

Mandates work, most societies call them law and order and use them for many useful purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    To the question of how many could we vax with a mandate:
    In April, we hit a peak of 3.4M doses per day. So we have the capacity to maintain this rate, likely more.
    For the last couple months, we've been averaging 650k doses per day.

So with a mandate starting on Biden's freedom day, we could have vaccinated (3.4M-650k)/2 doses *75 days = 103 million additional people.

Instead of 180 million, we could be at 283 million. Instead of 55%, we could be at 85% vaccinated. Much beyond that, we need a kid vaccine. That said, 85% may be enough to end the pandemic. 95% would be better and faster path to normal.

A similar argument works for the next 75 days.

Mandates work, most societies call them law and order and use them for many useful purposes.
    When kids 5-12 are approved for emergency use we will see a massive spike in vaccinations. This can't come soon enough..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    When kids 5-12 are approved for emergency use we will see a massive spike in vaccinations. This can't come soon enough..
    We can get above 85% without the under-12s. And yes that spike will be good

Why not antibody tests? Pick a number of antibodies based off vaccines, if you have that # all good....

How do 100+ companies handle breakthrough cases? Vaxxed employee calls out sick....do they need a test to return? Not anything I've seen mentions that. It's as if vaxxed are a non issue, which we know is not the case.

It's only because you seem like a mostly reasonable person, jono.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It's only because you seem like a mostly reasonable person, jono.
    Likewise. I hope to one day enjoy that bowl of phř. Unless there's good Thai, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Likewise. I hope to one day enjoy that bowl of. Unless there's good Thai, obviously.
    what the fuck is phř?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    what the fuck is phř?
    Well hell. Apparently it's what you get if you misspell Phở and your keyboard auto-remembers for all time. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Why not antibody tests? Pick a number of antibodies based off vaccines, if you have that # all good....

How do 100+ companies handle breakthrough cases? Vaxxed employee calls out sick....do they need a test to return? Not anything I've seen mentions that. It's as if vaxxed are a non issue, which we know is not the case.

You're gonna wear the paint right off that "?" key sonny.

The death panel advising the FDA has spoken. Looks like
    I'm getting mine, fat people getting theirs and healthy young bucks gotta count on being healthy young bucks.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...recommendation
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Alberta (Canada's Texas) said "we need to live with covid - let's take our masks off and forget the rules and have the 'best summer ever' " (actual words of their right wing leader)

Now they are shitting the bed just like Texas and Florida and others did

So now, with summer still going and their hospitals collapsing they decided to lockdown and institute vaccine passports (which is exactly what they said they wouldn't do)

Result of the announcement of vaccine mandate?

demand for vaccine appointments tripled

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Well hell. Apparently it's what you get if you misspell Phở and your keyboard auto-remembers for all time. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It will be about a 5% bump
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Alberta (Canada's Texas) said "we need to live with covid - let's take our masks off and forget the rules and have the 'best summer ever' " (actual words of their right wing leader)

Now they are shitting the bed just like Texas and Florida and others did

So now, with summer still going and their hospitals collapsing they decided to lockdown and institute vaccine passports (which is exactly what they said they wouldn't do)

Result of the announcement of vaccine mandate?

demand for vaccine appointments tripled
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...KmtoBIlAuXeARA

a good artical with stat's on texas of the narth pretty much supporting vax
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Inside addition just did a piece on them with a dip into van life.
    This is now the national story. And COVID
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    KKK continues on with his own special brand of stupidity and quickly admits he'd have quickly aligned with the nazis 70 years ago.
    Go ahead and explain how genocidal maniacs are just like vaccine mandates.

Its pretty stupid even without taking it to clownish levels.

Go ahead and explain…

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

The vax works. My 90yo mother had as breakthrough case two weeks ago and was able to weather the storm at home with no special care. She basically had the flu thanks to being vaxxed.

She has lost her sense of taste and smell and experienced Covid toes.

I have no doubt without the vax she would be dead due to age and underlying health issues.

I saw her yesterday and she was up and walking around.

Good genes in that branch of the family. Her mother lived to 103 and her grandmother 104.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Goes silent..

Typical tgr. Logic escapes the #borg

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The vax works. My 90yo mother had as breakthrough case two weeks ago and was able to weather the storm at home with no special care. She basically had the flu thanks to being vaxxed.

She has lost her sense of taste and smell and experienced Covid toes.

I have no doubt without the vax she would be dead due to age and underlying health issues.

I saw her yesterday and she was up and walking around.

Good genes in that branch of the family. Her mother lived to 103 and her grandmother 104.
    KQ that is great to hear. Glad to see the vaccine worked - even in a breakthrough infection in an elderly person like your mom. Life saving.

Thank you science.