Page 694 of 809 FirstFirst ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 20212
    Was on a Brit ski forum reading about logistics of travel to the Alps, and some guy was going on about how the wearing of masks (and by implication, public hygiene like cleaning door handles occasionally in public areas) was a bad thing long term because as we saw with the lack of ‘Flu last winter, viruses wouldn’t propagate as much and thus our immune systems over time would become weak due to underutilization.

My view is that none of these measures work 100%, so reducing the number of contagions being passed around doesn’t mean our immune systems are never used….just means the use would be less frequent. Meanwhile the contagions would have less opportunity to mutate into more virulent strains.

With so many elderly dying of pneumonia historically, my dentistry background suggests that life expectancies would increase. ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Canada begins vaccinating children today. Hopefully the end is in sight, whatever that looks like.
    My 9 year old is booked for Tuesday. Stoked since there's quite a few cases in the schools.

My sister on the other hand has no plans to vaccinate her boys. For.... reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Was on a Brit ski forum reading about logistics of travel to the Alps, and some guy was going on about how the wearing of masks (and by implication, public hygiene like cleaning door handles occasionally in public areas) was a bad thing long term because as we saw with the lack of ‘Flu last winter, viruses wouldn’t propagate as much and thus our immune systems over time would become weak due to underutilization.
    He should go live in squalor then for ultimate health, no?

Question for the collective: I participated in the Novavax clinical trial out of a sense of civic responsibility. I received a saline injection in January and then the actual vaccine in April (double blind, but it was dead obvious when I got the actual shot). Now I need to travel abroad, but Novavax isn't recognized by anyone as an actual vaccine. I need an actual official vaccination card, which I won't be able to get from Novavax until after my travel window (January).

Am I gonna die if I just drop out of the study and get two rounds of Pfizer? Novavax is a protein based vaccine, which is different than the other mRNA vaccines.

I think I'm just gonna YOLO it and go for it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Thx for the details about British Columbia.

Are the mandates being enforced or are there havens for the anti vaxed where they are not being enforced?
    There has been high profile cases like the one in Hope Rollies restaurant being shutdown on the news. I was a member of an anti passport FB group which was easy to join so it would be pretty easy to find out who is not enforcing the passport.

There is a FB group that is compiling a listing for the whole prov of businesses doing masking and passports. You can see hot spots of community non compliance. They are even digging on freedom FB and Apps, very through, I'd say that 50% of the gyms are not checking passports and roughly 10% of pubs and restaurants .

hotspots of anti
    Abbotsford
    Aldergrove
    Blind Bay - very hot
    Burns lake
    Campbell river
    Castlegar
    Chilliwack
    Creston very hot
    Dawnson Creek pretty
    Fort Saint John
    Houston
    Nanaimo
    Parksville
    Prince George
    Quesnel
    Salt Spring Island 100% anti
    Smithers 100%
    Sorrento 100%
    Surrey
    Last edited by DougW; 11-25-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Question for the collective: I participated in the Novavax clinical trial out of a sense of civic responsibility. I received a saline injection in January and then the actual vaccine in April (double blind, but it was dead obvious when I got the actual shot). Now I need to travel abroad, but Novavax isn't recognized by anyone as an actual vaccine. I need an actual official vaccination card, which I won't be able to get from Novavax until after my travel window (January).

Am I gonna die if I just drop out of the study and get two rounds of Pfizer? Novavax is a protein based vaccine, which is different than the other mRNA vaccines.

pm sent. tj

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/nov-...d-19-1.6254091

some interesting science from Quirks and Quarks, why do some people not get infected ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

NYT -JOHANNESBURG — Scientists in South Africa identified on Thursday a concerning new variant of the coronavirus, whose mutations mark a “big jump in evolution” that is driving a spike in new cases. Hours later, Britain banned flights from six southern African nations citing the variant.
    In the past two days, scientists detected the B1.1.529 variant after observing an increase in infections in South Africa’s economic hub surrounding Johannesburg. So far, 22 positive cases have been identified in the country, according to South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases. One case has been detected in Hong Kong from someone who had traveled from South Africa. No cases have been detected yet in Britain.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/11...sters-mandates

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7dd...rce=reddit.com

QAnon's 'Queen of Canada' Calls for Followers to 'Kill' People Vaccinating Children

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 6.32.08 PM.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	394063

“Shoot to kill anyone who tries to inject Children under the age of 19 years old with Coronavirus19 vaccines/ bioweapons or any other Vaccines,” she wrote. “This order is effective immediately.”

Didulo has made separate pages to vet prospective members of her Canadian and U.S. duck-hunting teams to help with her mission. The Canadian group currently has just over 100 members, including the man who posted the images of the firearms. Inside the chatroom one of the duck hunters shared information about a specific vaccine popup in an Ontario mall “specifically targeting young children.”

“It’s time to react now,” replied one person. “Hurry up and wait is no longer the thing to say.”

Her followers are pledging their support to their Queen’s initiative. “A few duck hunters coming in can stay with me… I’m ready… all my hunting gear is ready… let’s roll,” wrote one in the public chat and posted a picture of firearms strewn across a table.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 6.31.22 PM.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	962.5 KB 
ID:	394062

The cease and desist letter is mildly entertaining.

Name:	E3nbw2LVoAEJxG9.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	515.4 KB 
ID:	394064

Fucking canadiens. Happy thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    The cease and desist letter is mildly entertaining.

Name:	E3nbw2LVoAEJxG9.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	515.4 KB 
ID:	394064
    It's invalid because it doesn't end in EH?!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ok that's pretty fucked up.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Ok that's pretty fucked up.
    No shit. Please tell this is a CSIS false flag operation to identify the armed kooks that need monitoring.

Anyone who says “we the people”should have their teeth kicked in

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I thought Canuckistan had better mental health care than the US?

yeah so that republic stuff is and the whole we the people thing is so American wanabe,

Canada is a Constitutional Monarchy eh

but in view of the TG gatherings, in 10 days we should see the bump in Covid infections ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Anyone who says “we the people”should have their teeth kicked in

Hey, don't be so harsh. They just accidentally inverted the m.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

N of 1, but I followed a J&J shot with 2 full dose Modernas and am still here. 2nd Moderna laid me out for 4 days, but since I was going all cowboy I couldn't get just the booster-size dose. Now I have 2 CDC cards.

Moar vax=moar better, right?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I thought Canuckistan had better mental health care than the US?
    They do. Apparently they also have better writing skills.

A similar group with a similar message in the US would just be some Twitter rant someone else happened to film and post.

So... who's up to date on the latest S. African variant?

Already in hongkong and belgium.
    The europe case is an unvaxxed traveler! Here we go again. Thanks antivaxxers

What I am gathering is it’s very new and still sorting things out as to transmission, vaccine resistance and severity. Bunch of European nations are stopping folks coming in from parts of Africa. You probably knew this, but going to take a bit to sort it out.

The two questions I have are: how transmissible and how susceptible to existing vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Already in hongkong and belgium.
    The europe case is an unvaxxed traveler! Here we go again. Thanks antivaxxers
    Well, that's not really fair. It's not as though vaccines were so available in the shantytown ghettos of Johannesburg anyway, where this seems to be originating from.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.