Page 542 of 628 FirstFirst ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... LastLast
Results 13,526 to 13,550 of 15685
  1. #13526
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,547
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  2. #13527
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Plenty of people here 100% saying that.
    Find those quotes. BS.

  3. #13528
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    3,493
    Hiring for a hard to fill senior role, and recruited somebody I thought would be a good fit. Turns out the interest is mutual! Huzzah!

    I was really warming to the potential match, until I get a question from her today about the upcoming vaccine mandate and whether we would require the vaccine for staff if/when OSHA says we have to. Turns out that’s a deal breaker.

    Sigh.
    focus.

  4. #13529
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    so you’re going to discredit my source but use one that is literally only linked to Kentucky? Seriously…?

    wow you guys are rich. Keep up that hive mind though.

    edit: I can’t even begin to list all the fuck ups with this “study” but I’m sure everyone on here will take this as the truth because it fits their narrative

  5. #13530
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    mtu and you repeatedly claim that nat immunity "antibodies work as well/if not better than those with the vaccine".

    The linked article refutes this hands down.

    I guess this is all just trolling on your part and the attacks are appropriate.
    I never said that. Ever...mtu? Possibly..prior infection does work, it's pretty undetermined how effective it is or not, could be a little worse, near same, same, or even slightly better. This means it's not zero. This means people feel they have a choice. That's why I would lean towards some sort of antibody test over PCR for proof.

    Again if there are stats of prior infection hospitalizations somewhere I'd love to see. My guess is that data is lacking due to less tracing anymore.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  6. #13531
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I never said that. Ever...mtu? Possibly..prior infection does work, it's pretty undetermined how effective it is or not, could be a little worse, near same, same, or even slightly better. This means it's not zero. This means people feel they have a choice. That's why I would lean towards some sort of antibody test over PCR for proof.

    Again if there are stats of prior infection hospitalizations somewhere I'd love to see. My guess is that data is lacking due to less tracing anymore.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    What happens if your antibodies have waned?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  7. #13532
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It is disingenuous because you wrote "Thought there wasnt any protection from covid with prior infection? Weird..." and nobody is saying there is no protection from prior infection.
    This.

    But go ahead skidog - you said people on here were posting that “prior infection gives no protection” - time to put up those posts or remain in your rightful place on top of the thrown as today’s most disingenuous poster.

    I’m confident you will move the goalpost from “no protection” to something more vague to avoid having to fess up to your own bullshit.

  8. #13533
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hiring for a hard to fill senior role, and recruited somebody I thought would be a good fit. Turns out the interest is mutual! Huzzah!

    I was really warming to the potential match, until I get a question from her today about the upcoming vaccine mandate and whether we would require the vaccine for staff if/when OSHA says we have to. Turns out that’s a deal breaker.

    Sigh.
    Imagine determining someone’s self worth over them not wanting to comply to a flu vaccine mandate… give it a year or two and everyone here will be lining up for their flu… I mean Covid booster. Said it from the beginning. It’s amazing though that y’all are so engrained in your own ego that a simple decision like this instantly turns you off on people.

  9. #13534
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,744
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I'm down. Except we should let Canada have Michigan, and we'll take Alberta off their hands. Win-win?
    You don't get the tar sands. You'd pump oil out if it.

  10. #13535
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I haven't seen any stats on breakthroughs with prior covid, only that "all those in hospitals are non vaxxed". How many are prior infections that weren't vaxxed?
    Hold on, wouldn't that make your case worse? You're telling me there are all those unvaxxed people in the hospital, and some of them even have had Covid before? My God, where's that natural immunity that's so incredible!!

    P.S. and, yes, I get your point that we don't know whether all those unvaxxed people in the hospital have had Covid previously or not. However, we do know that shots produce an immune response in those who have already had Covid, so why not vax them too? It sure seems a lot easier than trying to find out who needs the shot and who doesn't.

  11. #13536
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Plenty of people here 100% saying that. Saying no matter what get a vax, but see that's the choice. I haven't seen any stats on breakthroughs with prior covid, only that "all those in hospitals are non vaxxed". How many are prior infections that weren't vaxxed?

    You should be thinking about being disingenuous about the fact that "vax is the only way" isn't the mantra here.
    There has been data posted on re-infections from studies going back to last summer. Lots of them pointed to something in the neighborhood of 80% protective prior to delta. You arguing that it got better since delta? Mofro has posted several times with various evidence that the variability of natural immunity is huge compared to vaccination, meaning that there is a significant risk of very inferior immunity from prior infection alone. OTOH, one shot of mRNA and that's corrected, according to multiple sources. You guys want to head for the statehouse with "Infection+1 is Enough" banners I'm sure we'll all support you. At least until we can turn your pics into funny memes. Please wear a GoPro.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

  12. #13537
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    What happens if your antibodies have waned?
    I said it before and I’ll say it again for the idiots on here that can’t read or have little reading comprehension.

    we don’t need vaccine mandates. We need antibody mandates. It doesn’t matter how you get the antibodies - you’re going to be fine. Even with the vaccine, you could have less antibodies than I do with a previous infection. Your antibodies could wane quicker than natural immunity due to multiple reasons or factors. The vice versa is also true.

    the fact your side can’t differentiate between antibodies and no vaccine shows how base level and brain dead your side of the argument is.

  13. #13538
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    That's why I would lean towards some sort of antibody test over PCR for proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    we don’t need vaccine mandates. We need antibody mandates. It doesn’t matter how you get the antibodies - you’re going to be fine. Even with the vaccine, you could have less antibodies than I do with a previous infection. Your antibodies could wane quicker than natural immunity due to multiple reasons or factors. The vice versa is also true.
    Over-and-over people have explained to both of you that antibodies are not necessarily an indicator of immunity. Both of you have been constantly carping about antibodies waning...

    The immune system is more than just antibodies. Antibody tests cannot prove that a person is immune to the virus, only that they've been exposed to the virus.

  14. #13539
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    Imagine determining someone’s self worth over them not wanting to comply to a flu vaccine mandate… give it a year or two and everyone here will be lining up for their flu… I mean Covid booster. Said it from the beginning. It’s amazing though that y’all are so engrained in your own ego that a simple decision like this instantly turns you off on people.
    I can imagine it. Easily.

    And you think you deserve some sort of credit for talking about boosters like you’re the only one who predicted that LOL. What’s your point? Sign me up. I get a tetanus booster every 5-10 years too.

    But please tell us again about how you obtained a MD/PhD level of knowledge from reading half page patient handouts. I mean the one you used for your shingles vaccine knowledge (and got 100% wrong while calling those who were right “total fucking retards”) - at least that handout was published by Harvard so I can see why you are so proud. Ivy League educated!

  15. #13540
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Over-and-over people have explained to you that antibody tests not necessarily an indicator of immunity. You yourself have been constantly carping about antibodies waning...
    so if the vaccine antibodies wane, and natural immunity wane but we don’t know how long that takes; how can you enforce a vaccine mandate for something that you don’t know the effective length of?

    or are we going to have to keep our Covid vaccine cards on us every year from now until the end of time? Seriously…?

  16. #13541
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I can imagine it. Easily.

    And you think you deserve some sort of credit for talking about boosters like you’re the only one who predicted that LOL. What’s your point? Sign me up. I get a tetanus booster every 5-10 years too.

    But please tell us again about how you obtained a MD/PhD level of knowledge from reading half page patient handouts. I mean the one you used for your shingles vaccine knowledge (and got 100% wrong while calling those who were right “total fucking retards”) - at least that handout was published by Harvard so I can see why you are so proud. Ivy League educated!
    just because the information was off doesn’t mean that your mentally retarded and cannot make a reasonable argument against anything I’ve said. I’m sorry you lick paint for fun… keep wearing that helmet little buddy.

  17. #13542
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,547
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    so you’re going to discredit my source but use one that is literally only linked to Kentucky? Seriously…?

    wow you guys are rich. Keep up that hive mind though.

    edit: I can’t even begin to list all the fuck ups with this “study” but I’m sure everyone on here will take this as the truth because it fits their narrative
    Look, I've read the original Israeli claim and thought about it for a while.

    Then I read analyses of the study and those citations that find the study is bogus.

    Plus there's a variety of linked papers that contradict the Israeli findings in the unreviewed preprint.

    IF the claim were validated by a number of papers or studies, THEN I'd give it credit. But there's only 1.

    Plus a number of other sources have developed results to the contrary, as linked.

    Plus, mofro261 is a PhD who specializes in this stuff.

    I don't need to make the personal attacks. The failure to survey the various claims is lacking, so I think the claims that nat immun is better than vax immun is incorrect.

    That's how Science works.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  18. #13543
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mt Baldys shoes
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Should I get my annual flu shot first or my booster?
    I got my booster, my flu and a phemonia shot yesterday.
    2 in one arm, the booster in the other arm.
    Felt like a walkoff home run yesterday 💪

  19. #13544
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,547
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    I said it before and I’ll say it again for the idiots on here that can’t read or have little reading comprehension.

    we don’t need vaccine mandates. We need antibody mandates. It doesn’t matter how you get the antibodies - you’re going to be fine. Even with the vaccine, you could have less antibodies than I do with a previous infection. Your antibodies could wane quicker than natural immunity due to multiple reasons or factors. The vice versa is also true.

    the fact your side can’t differentiate between antibodies and no vaccine shows how base level and brain dead your side of the argument is.
    You just have no idea what you're talking about.

    You're just trolling. That deserves all the abuse generated.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  20. #13545
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    we don’t need vaccine mandates. We need antibody mandates..
    You think this is workable over vaccine mandates? Please describe your detailed plan to implement antibody mandates. Also, cite any past successful implementation of such a plan.

  21. #13546
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    so if the vaccine antibodies wane, and natural immunity wane but we don’t know how long that takes; how can you enforce a vaccine mandate for something that you don’t know the effective length of?
    Is there some rule that a mandate needs an expiration date? You keep the mandate in place for as long as it's necessary.

  22. #13547
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    so if the vaccine antibodies wane, and natural immunity wane but we don’t know how long that takes; how can you enforce a vaccine mandate for something that you don’t know the effective length of?

    or are we going to have to keep our Covid vaccine cards on us every year from now until the end of time? Seriously…?
    Over-and-over people have explained the immune system is more than just antibodies. Unlike antibodies, immune memory is durable. Family Guy even made a Short to explain how it works. The point being a positive result from an antibody test does not mean you have a specific amount of immunity or protection from SARS-CoV-2 infection. There needs to be proof of previous symptomatic infection.

  23. #13548
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,662
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I got my booster, my flu and a phemonia shot yesterday.
    2 in one arm, the booster in the other arm.
    Felt like a walkoff home run yesterday ��
    I was asked if I'd had a COVID Vax or booster within the past 2 weeks before they gave me the flu shot yesterday.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  24. #13549
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    I'm sure we're all very concerned about becoming unvaccinated.

    MTU, how old did you say you were?

    Long-Term Brain Disorders in Post Covid-19 Neurological Syndrome (PCNS) Patient
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8066611/

  25. #13550
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    just because the information was off doesn’t mean that your mentally retarded and cannot make a reasonable argument against anything I’ve said. I’m sorry you lick paint for fun… keep wearing that helmet little buddy.
    your parents raised you on a diet of lead didn’t they?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •