Page 537 of 625 FirstFirst ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,425 of 15618
  1. #13401
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Took me 15 seconds to find the link to their polling info. But thats too difficult for you.

    “Sixty-nine percent of Americans say they’ve gotten a Covid-19 vaccination, while 13 percent say they won’t get it under any circumstance (the rest say they will get it as soon as possible, will wait or will get it only if required).
    Forty percent say Biden has accomplished either a great deal or a fair amount as president, while 58 percent disagree.
    Thirty-five percent of Americans say the Covid relief legislation that was passed in March is helping improve the economy or will do so in the future, versus 38 percent who believe it won’t help or will hurt the economy; 27 percent have no opinion or are unsure.

    The NBC News poll was conducted Aug. 14-17 among 1,000 adults — 600 of whom are cellphone-only respondents — and the overall margin of error in the poll is plus-minus 3.1 percentage points.

    Of the 790 registered voters the poll measured, the margin of error is plus-minus 3.5 percentage points.”
    Lol @ your failure to provide a link too. Nice copy/paste, though. Was that polling data within the NBC article itself or did you have to Google for it?

  2. #13402
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Which one?





    First one.. Gets me everytime……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  3. #13403
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    It was already known you only look at data through your confirmation bias lens.

    Don't put that on blast though, you'll lose your argument of being an ex-repug.
    BS.

    I have no political horse to back. If your posts didn’t constantly make you look stupid, I might actually look at them with anything but derision.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  4. #13404
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    And how valid is that "poll" when it states it's based on an NBC poll (NOT Pew, NOT WSJ, NOT WaPo)? An NBC poll that it doesn't even show. I'm sure you went to college, so you should know that any poll cited that fails to provide ANY information about it (polling methods, margin of error, etc.) is automatically considered invalid. The NBC article literally just states the "results" with zero evidence to substantiate it.
    Sort of like your photos from a random hospital yesterday.

  5. #13405
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,309
    But, srsly, guys:

    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...25#post6412325

    I might add that one of these could be used to respond to *any* of Monfucky's posts as well.

  6. #13406
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Its an NBC poll where they don't even provide the details on the poll.

    Totally good science.

    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...raphics-trends
    Thanks...was just getting ready to find that shit post and reply with same link. Work got a hold of me and I got distracted.

    Glad Oregon is taking care of theirs, but hey....looks pretty dismal on a whole...

    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...raphics-trends
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  7. #13407
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Similarly, when polls and the associated conclusions and assumptions get argued, threads kinda become chicken fucking exercises IMHO.
    Fair point, but it's not just one NBC poll. The WashingtonPost and WSJ articles pull in additional data sources such as the Kaiser Family Foundation and Pew Research. There are also Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI)/Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) polls and Axios-Ipsos polls showing Republicans and those with a high school education or less remain most resistant to the vaccine.

  8. #13408
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Goods Department
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Where did it say that?
    You're seeing it live, just look at our local population.

    CDC and FDA has already recommended boosters for certain groups.

    By now we all know vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections 6+ months after vaccination.
    Skiing in the rockies is like 70's porn

    Lots of bush

    Some wood

    No faceshots...

    -Mtnlion

  9. #13409
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    But, srsly, guys:

    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...25#post6412325

    I might add that one of these could be used to respond to *any* of Monfucky's posts as well.
    We can also add skidog to this list as well.

  10. #13410
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I noted this possibility earlier this week.

    I expect this to spread.

  11. #13411
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Fair point, but the CDC data appears to have issues with entire stats not reporting demographic data.

    “ Missing data may be influenced by inconsistent collection of information at the time of vaccination, differences in jurisdictional electronic data programs, as well as some jurisdictional policies or laws that do not allow demographic data to be reported. Completeness of reporting for race/ethnicity, age and sex are summarized on the Demographic Trends page. Age and sex completeness is currently above 90% and race/ethnicity between 50-60%. This will result in vaccination coverage appearing lower when displayed as a percentage of the total US population.”

    “ *Texas does not report demographic-specific dose number information to CDC, so data for Texas are not represented in these figures.”
    im sure NBC Cracked what the CDC cant....good argument. Im sure NBC stats are the "right ones" cause you know...you guys agree with them and all.
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  12. #13412
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    You're seeing it live, just look at our local population.

    CDC and FDA has already recommended boosters for certain groups.

    By now we all know vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections 6+ months after vaccination.
    We do?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  13. #13413
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    im sure NBC Cracked what the CDC cant....good argument. Im sure NBC stats are the "right ones" cause you know...you guys agree with them and all.
    The point is that the CDC stats are known to be incomplete so a poll might be useful, but also won’t provide a definitive answer. Maybe will get people to think about a range or that certain narratives are false.

  14. #13414
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We can also add skidog to this list as well.
    yes MU the "resident borg" medical authority on anything medicine...cause "we like him". Everyone else is wrong.

    such a great "tribe"
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  15. #13415
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,514
    Don't remember where i saw this, but i believe it was reputable.

    Vaccination rates, from high to low

    Asian
    White
    Hispanic
    Black

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  16. #13416
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,057
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    We do?
    no

    but everyone knows someone who has died from getting the vax, even whole families
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  17. #13417
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    You're seeing it live, just look at our local population.
    You said the article shows.... it doesn't.

    Come on man. Keep your misinformation straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This article shows that we need a booster every 6 months on account gene mutations of the virus.

  18. #13418
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,067
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ah. So your list is a copy/paste of THIS particular link of yours. Which it states is based on their "NBC poll" which fails to provide a link or ANY data behind that list. No numbers of people polled. No margin of error. How the poll was conducted. NOTHING.

    So, yeah. That list isn't exactly scientific data, CDC stats, or even remotely up to Pew standards. Whether or not the results are true (or not true), the article displays some shitty journalistic standards either way. No wonder your first post about it was so vague and didn't provide a source to begin with. Care to try again with some real data this time?
    Dear God. Just try, its not that difficult. Its a link in the article. When you can't even find a link highlighted in the article, your level of credibility should be what?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...rawal-n1277368

    The link was plain as day in the orginal NBC article, Where I bold/underlined below.

    how hard was that to find?

    "Well, our most recent NBC News poll sheds some light on those question, with the survey finding that 69 percent of all adults say they’ve already been vaccinated, versus 13 percent saying they won’t get vaccinated under any circumstance."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  19. #13419
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    We do?
    Singapore recently had a surge of breakthrough infections even with 80% of their total population vaccinated. In spite of the surge 98% of more than 13,000 cases were asymptomatic or mild. So while vaccinating 80% of the population isn't enough to completely stop all Delta spread, it's enough to prevent almost all hospitalizations and deaths. Whereas in the U.S. the unvaccinated make up the overwhelming number of severe cases and deaths.

    The other false narrative that gets pushed is “vaccinated people are just as likely to spread the coronavirus.” The fact is: Vaccinated people are not as likely to spread the coronavirus as the unvaccinated. Even in the United States, where more than half of the population is fully vaccinated, the unvaccinated are responsible for the overwhelming majority of transmission.

  20. #13420
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Apparently, the UK is having another surge, led by unvaxed school-aged kids, who just started school. Idk what mitigation techniques are being followed there. Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Singapore recently had a surge of breakthrough infections even with 80% of their total population vaccinated. In spite of the surge 98% of more than 13,000 cases among were asymptomatic or mild. So while vaccinating 80% of the population isn't enough to completely stop all Delta spread, it's enough to prevent almost all hospitalization and deaths.
    And this is what’s to be expected with a vaccine that is not sterilizing, right?

    The concern is long covid amongst those infected and vaxed. Hopefully, there will be good data coming out of surges like that in Singapore, and better therapeutics.

  21. #13421
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,070
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Add to all of the above re 1918 vs now is the fact we now have actual scientifically proven treatments. Pictures of full influenza wards from a century ago were essentially hospice care. Whereas today we know as hospitals approach capacity the fatality rate doubles and in the absence of care the fatality rate multiplies.
    I'd call the influenza wards a century ago supportive care. Keeping people fed, hydrated, and clean was critical. Salvageable patients were dying for lack of basic nursing care. IV therapy was still in its infancy. Oxygen therapy had come to be more common through a combination of Haldane's "The therapeutic administration of oxygen" in early 1917 and the application for it to treat pulmonary and blister agent casualties (gas warfare), but it was very limited versus today.

    Today salvageable patients, COVID and non-COVID, are suffering worse outcomes or dying because of subpar care, delayed care, unavailability of standard of care, all because the system is beyond its capacity.

    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The great resignation—how do we support and retain staff already stretched to their limit?

    https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/09/21...eVEgkVdhethM3Y

    “ Eighteen unbroken months of responding to a pandemic have taken a brutal toll. Experiences of inadequate personal protective equipment (PPE), moral distress, challenging ethical decisions, colleagues debilitated and dying, all while striving to provide the best patient care, have left many disillusioned and wounded. This cohort of people are often not on the radar of their employers because they keep working to a high standard until they burn out and quietly withdraw from the job, unnoticed by the system.

    The silent loss of highly skilled “go to colleagues”—expert clinicians, mentors, trainers, and key communicators—has a significant impact on patient care, training, career progression, and the workload of colleagues who remain. Loss of this “support framework” may add to the existing pressure on doctors from a high workload, leading to increased burnout, more adverse incidents, and greater patient harm.“
    This is all true. It is made all the worse by COVID where even now an extra 15 or 30 or 100% patient census in a particular specialty area can't be absorbed even when things like procedures are canceled.

    We should also recognize that was coming because the camel only needed a couple of straws because the bullshit way the hospital systems are run.

    COVID is not the straw that broke the camel's back, it is weight of a full rider: pestilence.

    The only reason the system struggled on so long is the pure dedication, altruism, and intrinsic motivation of the dedicated healthcare workers who kept going when nobody else would. Well, everyone has breaking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  22. #13422
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Fair point, but it's not just one NBC poll. The WashingtonPost and WSJ articles pull in additional data sources such as the Kaiser Family Foundation and Pew Research. There are also Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI)/Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) polls and Axios-Ipsos polls showing Republicans and those with a high school education or less remain most resistant to the vaccine.
    Furthermore, this whole argument seems like a waste of time. We know there's a large group of right leaning individuals who are vaccine-hesitant. Does it really matter if there are other groups who are, too? Yes, those other groups should also get the vaccine. Not sure we need to argue about who the worst offenders are. It's like we're engaged in a tallest dwarf competition.
    Last edited by The AD; 09-23-2021 at 11:47 AM.

  23. #13423
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'd call the influenza wards a century ago supportive care. Keeping people fed, hydrated, and clean was critical. Salvageable patients were dying for lack of basic nursing care. IV therapy was still in its infancy. Oxygen therapy had come to be more common through a combination of Haldane's "The therapeutic administration of oxygen" in early 1917 and the application for it to treat pulmonary and blister agent casualties (gas warfare), but it was very limited versus today.

    Today salvageable patients, COVID and non-COVID, are suffering worse outcomes or dying because of subpar care, delayed care, unavailability of standard of care, all because the system is beyond its capacity.
    Yeah, I didn't mean hospice care in the sense death was a forgone conclusion. Instead, a century ago, even though they tried lots of things, other than making the patient comfortable, fed, and hydrated they really didn't have any scientifically proven treatments. Oxygen therapy was so experimental they also tried injecting it directly into the body under the skin.

  24. #13424
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Fair point, but it's not just one NBC poll. The WashingtonPost and WSJ articles pull in additional data sources such as the Kaiser Family Foundation and Pew Research. There are also Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI)/Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) polls and Axios-Ipsos polls showing Republicans and those with a high school education or less remain most resistant to the vaccine.
    Polls are a better representation of the efficacy of media brainwashing

  25. #13425
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,057
    for those who don't wana vax and give big pharma any money

    they make WAY more$ from all those drugs the hospitol gives you while yer on the ventilator
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •