Page 532 of 929 FirstFirst ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,300 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    No it's called #theborg
    It's called two random photos from some hospital can't be extrapolated to any reasonable conclusion.

The "borg" narrative also misses the mark because people don't mind different points view when it comes from a place of integrity or is interesting. People don't like it when it's immature trolling in the service of politics especially when it involves selfish unconcern for others.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The "borg" narrative also misses the mark because people don't mind different points view when it comes from a place of integrity or is interesting. People don't like it when it's immature trolling or involves selfish unconcern for others.
    Bingo.

I’m actually interested in knowing if what Montucky is talking about is real, but he can’t seem to back it up with anything beyond his usual.

TGR. Where a visit to the hospital grants you an honorary MD. And a shitposting troll gets a self righteous ego boost defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’m actually interested in knowing if what Montucky is talking about is real, but he can’t seem to back it up with anything beyond his usual.
    Health care CEOs raked in $3.2 billion as pandemic raged - CEOs’ median pay rose to $9 million despite record layoffs of health workers
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...e-3-2-billion/

Hospital I went to is indeed part of one of the groups listed in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Technica
    As the COVID-19 pandemic ravaged the country last year, the chief executive officers of 178 US health care companies saw their already lofty pay soar to even higher heights.

Collectively, the 178 CEOs took home $3.2 billion in 2020, according to a new analysis by Axios. Their median pay rose to $9 million, up from about $7.7 million in 2018 and $8 million in 2019. ...

Thirty health care CEOs made over $30 million each. That list includes the CEOs of Regeneron ($174 million), Eli Lilly ($68 million), Teladoc ($45 million), UnitedHealth Group ($42 million), and Quest Diagnostics ($34 million).

The CEO with the highest pay was Masimo’s Joe Kiani, who raked in $210 million. Masimo is a medical device company that is well-known for making oxygen saturation measurement products.

CEOs of health insurance companies also fared well. The CEOs of six health care conglomerates—Anthem, Centene, Cigna, CVS Health, Humana, and UnitedHealth Group—collectively took in $236 million in 2020. That is a 45 percent increase from their collective pay in 2019, Axios notes.
    But couldn't afford to keep anybody around in 2020, huh?! HAD to lay off everyone they could, huh? Still don't think these systems getting caught with their pantaloons down is at all a problem of their own making? Sure. Go ahead and blame the % of beds used on the unvaxxed. But the NUMBER of available beds? That's on the greedy AF CEOs of these for-profit hospital chains. At least at their facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Health care CEOs raked in $3.2 billion as pandemic raged
    "CEOs’ median pay rose to $9 million despite record layoffs of health workers."

But couldn't afford to keep anybody around in 2020, huh?! HAD to lay off everyone they could, huh? Still don't think these systems getting caught with their pantaloons down is at all a problem of their own making? Sure. Go ahead and blame the % of beds used on the unvaxxed. But the NUMBER of available beds? That's on the greedy AF CEOs of these for-profit hospital chains. At least at their facilities.
    Ok, that's great, and we are all aware, but what about the hospital you were actually at? Surely you can provide the name of the hospital without giving away the identity of your friend.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Health care CEOs raked in $3.2 billion as pandemic raged - CEOs’ median pay rose to $9 million despite record layoffs of health workers

No no...they laid them off because of anti vaxxers...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Edit: I just shouldn’t

No no...they laid them off because of anti vaxxers...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    No no…nobody is leaving because they’re burned out from anti-vaxxers.

^Wow - I guess it’s easy to be a disingenuous dishonest poster! Thanks for all the lessons skidog.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Edit: I just shouldn’t
    I need to do the same. These fuggin guys.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Dumbfuckey thinks that empty hallways and regular hospital rooms = ICU capacity!!!

Wonder why his buddy was in a room full of expensive medical equipment instead of just a regular hospital bed? Oh well, must have been because they laid off the nurses last year. They could have just converted office buildings to ICUs - they have rooms and halls after all!!. I mean they have all these regular hallways and rooms, cant they be ICU rooms too?

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

JFC let’s move on. We’ve established that Austin is a progressive who sees the evil side of capitalism.

Sorry. You do not recall correctly. Never known anyone with bells palsy. Only bad reaction I saw at the beginning of the vaccine release was a young woman who suffered a stroke day after the shot. Then KQ schooled me on the prevalence of strokes and young women, and it perhaps it being more correlating to birth control and other factors. I admitted that I was not aware of that and haven't said squat since. Also haven't known anyone anything like that's happened to either. After more time has gone on, I've come to accept the vaccine, but everyone here loves to be stuck in the past when it comes to old arguments we may have made. As is tradition on the internet, so it's all good.

As to your greater point about social media, I might actually agree with you. Makes you wonder if social media at large is the root of a LOT of our problems these days. Whether it be dubious information being spread more rapidly/easier than it would otherwise, or the many ever-growing divides we've all been witnessing. I think Twitter, Facebook, etc. is the root of a lot of evil IMO.
    Yeah, 25 years ago people would write letters to a newspaper bitching about things

But the editor would look at the letters and, nah, this guy is too crazy or too stupid, we're not going to publish his letter.

Now, anyone can post.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Yeah, 25 years ago people would write letters to a newspaper bitching about things

But the editor would look at the letters and, nah, this guy is too crazy or too stupid, we're not going to publish his letter.

Now, anyone can post.

And send it to the FBI...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Now, anyone can post.

How about we just stop quoting him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    How about we just stop quoting him?
    We are still waiting for your Australia update……But yes, please stop.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Now, anyone can post.

Ah, but they still write Letters to Editor in my little slice of Paradise
    But the Editor doesnt bother with the “this guy is too stupid or crazy” test
    This week’s edition is exemplary
    https://nuggetnews.com/Content/Lette...r-/17/17/31348

Just skip past the first one - it’s normal and rational
    The rest are quite entertaining

No it's called #theborg
    Dude, it seems increasingly in your case it's called #duhbutthurt.

Give it a fucking rest, or as buttahflake would put it...

What is this fucking “borg” these morons keep prattling on about?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What is this fucking “borg” these morons keep prattling on about?
    People agreeing on common, observable reality mostly. If you act in a way that is mutually beneficial, well, that pretty much seals it. Finally, if you don't grant people who have a history of bad faith posturing the same credibility as experts, that confirms you've been assimilated. It's all there in the constitution.

Yet the un-assimilated use the exact fox/bb/oan talking points, right down to the exact wording.

But apparently irony is dead in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    MF posts articles from Ontario and Alberta - the two provinces trending closer and closer to American style healthcare - as examples of universal health care facing the same issues.

Thing is….he’s right. He’s right *because*of the fact that were it 100% up to Alberta government officials they’d have privatized health care just like the US. They’re trying. And as a result the same issues and problems are arising.

By keep self owning through ignorance. It’s a good look.
    Kenny is under leadership review by his own party right now, his health minister that fucking idiot Shandro has either stepped aside or been canned, I think Kenny is driving the ship and wanted someone new

probably has alot to do with the federal conservative results last monday and Kenny is having to explain why he shouldn't be losing his job, so the long knives are out but I suspect he will muddle thru it

at this point if there was a provincial election the UCP would be history

universal HC is a sacred cow on this side of the line and a politician messes with it at their own peril
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's like the forum equivalent of a soundboard.

Pretty sure
    Honest question
    I'm vaccinated
    #borg

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Kenny
    Speaking of Kennys, whatever happened to Kenny Nutsack? DD and Kenny had a good feud going.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Ah, but they still write Letters to Editor in my little slice of Paradise
    But the Editor doesnt bother with the “this guy is too stupid or crazy” test
    This week’s edition is exemplary
    https://nuggetnews.com/Content/Lette...r-/17/17/31348

Just skip past the first one - it’s normal and rational
    The rest are quite entertaining
    This last quote about sums it up. We have a version of this in our local paper but it’s transcribed call ins, it’s glorious:

“I would like to challenge every American Christian church every week to pray to God to save this country from falling into the black abyss.”