Page 525 of 627 FirstFirst ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,125 of 15673
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    A family at school all got COVID right before school started, except for the dad. The mom had the Pfizer shot and he had the Moderna. The two kids were unvaccinated.
    Iíve been wondering if thereís data out there about which shot had more breakthrough cases. Been interested that he didnít come down with CV even though the rest of them did.
    How long ago might also matter? Recently posted pre-print showed much better protection from modeRNA over time/against delta.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The mRNA volume in the Moderna shot is higher than pfizer I think. So while they both offer protection it appears that modernaís is more robust over time

Smarter people can chime in and correct me/post actual stats re:breakthroughs
    Moderna had higher concentration than Pfizer.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yep; The numbers I saw made it sound like Moderna has 3X the load, which seems a little ....unusual?

If a little is good, a lot must be AWSOME!! Works in not so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Thanks for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I've been places where they absolutely did that then just made everyone else work MORE overtime. It was working retail during the holiday season. Ya, a RN or PA has more options.. but bailing on your department in crisis isn't a good look on your resume when looking for a new gig..
    Fuck those places then. Every job I've ever worked, they needed me more than I needed them, and no way would I let them fuck up my life like that. Healthcare workers can write their own ticket these days, they are so much in demand.

Obviously it has more to do with their devotion to caring for people, even assholes, and I get that, but ultimately I think it's doing more harm than good to burn these people out and drive them out of the profession. I'd rather see anti-vaxxers turned away at the door to self-care at home. I know, I know, not going to happen.

What pisses me off more than anything are stories like was in our paper a few days ago about how the anti vaxxers and their stupid family members are treating HC workers like shit even as they work to keep their ignorant asses alive. Those fucks need a bat to the face.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    How long ago might also matter? Recently posted pre-print showed much better protection from modeRNA over time/against delta.
    They were sick about 3 weeks ago.

At 3x the load, it must be awesome vs Pfizer?

Another possibility is the time between doses. As prescribed Pfizer is 3 weeks while Moderna is 4.

The first vaccine dose, the prime dose, activates naive T cells as well as B cells. The properties of those critical T cells change over time after priming. The boost is then meant to stimulate or train the primary memory B and T cells creating a more potent immune response. If the first vaccine injections are too close in time to each other then the second dose acts as if its another primary dose rather than a boost.

Dosage vs time matters because studies indicate a half-dose of the Moderna is just as effective as a full dose and even a quarter dose is nearly as effective. If those results hold up then lower doses could mean fewer side effects for the same results. And a delayed dosing interval could lead to an even better response.

I don't have the studies in front of me but Moderna's efficacy has barely dropped, Pfizer has dropped from 90ish to 80ish more.

Combination of higher dosing with Moderna and the 30 day interval for the second dose probably elicits a bigger immune response.

A 3rd dose months after dose 2 will probably put things back in balance.

The studies are based on not enough data so other variables could be at play like shot demographics and exposure risks.

Edit...multi beat me to it. He actually knows. I'm just a Twitter mirror.

^ FWIW, real world UK data shows time makes a big difference. People with longer time intervals between doses had better results. The second dose or boost matters even more compared with people who only got a single dose. Even the time immediately after either the first second dose makes a big difference: people infected within three weeks of a dose experienced half the vaccine effectiveness as those three or more weeks out.

So with 2 Phizers in me, should I go 2+1 Moderna, or 3 Phizers ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I don't think it matters, but at this point there's not much data on boosters to answer your question. We do know mix and match is fine and might even be better but Pfizer and Moderna are so similar in how they work a lot of people think they're effectively the same in terms of immune response. There is evidence showing either AZ or J&J followed by an mRNA shot offers even better protection but not the other way around so that doesn't apply to your situation.

Totally unrelated is the unanswered question of whether single dose J&J folks should get a booster... I think a second mRNA boost makes a lot sense.

The booster #3 feels like #1 since itís 5 months post #2. Hoping good to go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yep; The numbers I saw made it sound like Moderna has 3X the load, which seems a little ....unusual?

If a little is good, a lot must be AWSOME!! Works in not so many ways.
    It takes dynamite to get me up
    Too much of everything is just enough

I can't find it, but somewhere there's an article about Pfizer management deciding to release a lower concentration vax in hopes of minimizing reactions and encouraging more people to get the poke.

Being a geezer, I'm waiting for a booster until January.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Another possibility is the time between doses. As prescribed Pfizer is 3 weeks while Moderna is 4.
    Interesting to see how things pan out here; we had a 8-10 week interval between the doses due to gov going the route of getting everyone vaxxed asap.
    3rd rnd for immunocompromised has already started and if applicable, will be given later on for the rest of the population.
    Interesting to see if the "Mix-Tape" approach will gain traction...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

From simpler times...

Yeah, so maybe pay your hospital staff a little more. You had to be blind not to see this coming from a mile away. Makes me want to own a construction company for the upcoming "expansion."

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/ax...25ad8c02f.html

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Had a coworker die in the ER here. Everyone knew her, code went on for 2 hours... Two hours too many, because everyone knew her and couldn't quit. Awful shit.
    Very young, very unvaxxed.
    I feel ya, same thing happened a few weeks back, it's rough
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    A family at school all got COVID right before school started, except for the dad. The mom had the Pfizer shot and he had the Moderna. The two kids were unvaccinated.
    Iíve been wondering if thereís data out there about which shot had more breakthrough cases. Been interested that he didnít come down with CV even though the rest of them did.
    Colorado is tracking this. https://public.tableau.com/views/Vac...device=desktop

Pfizer is at 100 per 100k. Moderna is at 75 per 100k and J&J is at 150 per 100k.

Vaccinated people sitting by listening to the pretzel logic of the science deniers..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	princess-bride-movie-screencaps.com-3932.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	386130
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's getting real down under

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Police reported that the KFC items were lost en route to the evidence storage unit.

Iím calling bullshit, it wasnít donuts

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

IDK, they knew not to disclose the amount of fries, so it seems legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    They blamed the Jews for Typhoid before giving them passports and then stars.
    Skipping all the crazy levels why your analogy sucks horribly, let's take it primae facie:

Once a Jew, always a Jew, according to the Nazis. Doesn't matter if you are a baptized practicing Lutheran, if your 3 Jewish grandparents was a Jew, even 1 Jewish granparent and you were unpure, and in some cases a Jewish relative in the last ~200 years, you were marked.

Being unvaccinated is not an immutable characteristic like race, religion, ethnicity, or other heritable traits. Almost everyone can get a COVID vaccine. Only Christian Scientists and Dutch Reform expressly prohibit vaccines. If you add these religious exemptions to medical contraindications you are barely at 1%.

The following is NOT a sincerely held religious belief: "I don't wanna vax cuz my political twitter crush said I gotta ownz da libz!"
    The following is NOT a legitimate medical exemption: "Natural Newz says vax turns me into a magnetic 5G antenna and I'm allergic to WiFi!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.