Page 622 of 929 FirstFirst ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... LastLast
Results 15,526 to 15,550 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I hate the killing of unvaxxed children bullshit line. There has been under 500 children Out of 74,000,000 that died with covid in the us. 45 percent of those died of something else while testing positive for covid. Most of the others had other factors such as leukemia. Stop spreading misinformation please.
    Have you read the instructions on the CDC's website for how to fill out a death certificate? That's required reading for anyone that uses the phrase "died with COVID." Google is your friend. Read before posting, but especially before posting about misinformation. Thanks!

Saw a protester holding sign that said:

"The vax has killed more children than Covid"
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

If you count the adrenochrome they harvested to pay for "the vax," that's gotta be true. Has to be.

I thought about starting a brag about my kid thread but thought I'd just throw it in here. I have a kid working at the CDC doing things beyond my comprehension. She got published in The American Society For Microbiology.

https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/mSystems.01068-21

Assessing Multiplex Tiling PCR Sequencing Approaches for Detecting Genomic Variants of SARS-CoV-2 in Municipal Wastewater

Authors: Xuan Lin, Melissa Glier, Kevin Kuchinski, Tenysha Ross-Van Mierlo, David McVea, John R. Tyson, Natalie Prystajecky, and Ryan M. Ziels

26 October 2021

ABSTRACT
    OBSERVATION
    ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
    REFERENCES
    Supplemental Material

ABSTRACT
    Wastewater-based genomic surveillance of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus shows promise to complement genomic epidemiology efforts. Multiplex tiling PCR is a desirable approach for targeted genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater due to its low cost and rapid turnaround time. However, it is not clear how different multiplex tiling PCR primer schemes or wastewater sample matrices impact the resulting SARS-CoV-2 genome coverage. The objective of this work was to assess the performance of three different multiplex primer schemes, consisting of 150-bp, 400-bp, and 1,200-bp amplicons, as well as two wastewater sample matrices, influent wastewater and primary sludge, for targeted genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2. Wastewater samples were collected weekly from five municipal wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia, Canada during a period of increased coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) case counts from February to April 2021. RNA extracted from clarified influent wastewater provided significantly higher genome coverage (breadth and median depth) than primary sludge samples across all primer schemes. Shorter amplicons appeared to be more resilient to sample RNA degradation but were hindered by greater primer pool complexity in the 150-bp scheme. The identified optimal primer scheme (400 bp) and sample matrix (influent) were capable of detecting the emergence of mutations associated with genomic variants of concern, for which the daily wastewater load significantly correlated with clinical case counts. Taken together, these results provide guidance on best practices for implementing wastewater-based genomic surveillance and demonstrate its ability to inform epidemiology efforts by detecting genomic variants of concern circulating within a geographic region.

IMPORTANCE Monitoring the genomic characteristics of the SARS-CoV-2 virus circulating in a population can shed important insights into epidemiological aspects of the COVID-19 outbreak. Sequencing every clinical patient sample in a highly populous area is a difficult feat, and thus sequencing SARS-CoV-2 RNA in municipal wastewater offers great promise to augment genomic surveillance by characterizing a pooled population sample matrix, particularly during an escalating outbreak. Here, we assess different approaches and sample matrices for rapid targeted genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 in municipal wastewater. We demonstrate that the optimal approach is capable of detecting the emergence of SARS-CoV-2 genomic variants of concern, with strong correlations to clinical case data in the province of British Columbia. These results provide guidance on best practices on, as well as further support for, the application of wastewater genomic surveillance as a tool to augment current genomic epidemiology efforts.

It goes on and on with graphs & figures and is too big to cut and paste into a post.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I thought about starting a brag about my kid thread but thought I'd just throw it in here. I have a kid working at the CDC doing things beyond my comprehension. She got published in The American Society For Microbiology.

https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/mSystems.01068-21

Assessing Multiplex Tiling PCR Sequencing Approaches for Detecting Genomic Variants of SARS-CoV-2 in Municipal Wastewater

Authors: Xuan Lin, Melissa Glier, Kevin Kuchinski, Tenysha Ross-Van Mierlo, David McVea, John R. Tyson, Natalie Prystajecky, and Ryan M. Ziels

26 October 2021

ABSTRACT
    OBSERVATION
    ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
    REFERENCES
    Supplemental Material

ABSTRACT
    Wastewater-based genomic surveillance of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus shows promise to complement genomic epidemiology efforts. Multiplex tiling PCR is a desirable approach for targeted genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater due to its low cost and rapid turnaround time. However, it is not clear how different multiplex tiling PCR primer schemes or wastewater sample matrices impact the resulting SARS-CoV-2 genome coverage. The objective of this work was to assess the performance of three different multiplex primer schemes, consisting of 150-bp, 400-bp, and 1,200-bp amplicons, as well as two wastewater sample matrices, influent wastewater and primary sludge, for targeted genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2. Wastewater samples were collected weekly from five municipal wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia, Canada during a period of increased coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) case counts from February to April 2021. RNA extracted from clarified influent wastewater provided significantly higher genome coverage (breadth and median depth) than primary sludge samples across all primer schemes. Shorter amplicons appeared to be more resilient to sample RNA degradation but were hindered by greater primer pool complexity in the 150-bp scheme. The identified optimal primer scheme (400 bp) and sample matrix (influent) were capable of detecting the emergence of mutations associated with genomic variants of concern, for which the daily wastewater load significantly correlated with clinical case counts. Taken together, these results provide guidance on best practices for implementing wastewater-based genomic surveillance and demonstrate its ability to inform epidemiology efforts by detecting genomic variants of concern circulating within a geographic region.

IMPORTANCE Monitoring the genomic characteristics of the SARS-CoV-2 virus circulating in a population can shed important insights into epidemiological aspects of the COVID-19 outbreak. Sequencing every clinical patient sample in a highly populous area is a difficult feat, and thus sequencing SARS-CoV-2 RNA in municipal wastewater offers great promise to augment genomic surveillance by characterizing a pooled population sample matrix, particularly during an escalating outbreak. Here, we assess different approaches and sample matrices for rapid targeted genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 in municipal wastewater. We demonstrate that the optimal approach is capable of detecting the emergence of SARS-CoV-2 genomic variants of concern, with strong correlations to clinical case data in the province of British Columbia. These results provide guidance on best practices on, as well as further support for, the application of wastewater genomic surveillance as a tool to augment current genomic epidemiology efforts.

It goes on and on with graphs & figures and is too big to cut and paste into a post.
    Nice! I knew they were looking at that avenue of tracking infection at local levels but hadn't heard any updates in a long time.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Legit. Worthy of bragging for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Good thing you are testing to be double sure. When my wife had it we just waited the 10 days per local Health Department and CDC folks who called us regularly. After day 10 I took off my 3M N95 and moved back in to the master bedroom. 3 days later oops, no sense of smell. It can definitely be contagious LONGER than 10 days. She was already full blown sick, hospital trip sick at the start of those 10 days so it might have been closer to 20 days that she actually had it.
    The problem with relying on testing to determine when someone with covid can stop isolating is that PCR can detect dead virus for a long time after people are no longer contagious. OTOH from a medical standpoint at least there's no harm in waiting .

FDA authorizes boosters for Moderna recipients--same criteria as for Pfizer, and J and J second doses for everyone over 18. Authorizes mix and match vaccines.

Howard Stern on anti-vaxxers:

“Stay home. Die there with your COVID,” Stern said. “Don’t take the cure, but don’t clog up our hospitals with your COVID when you finally get it. Don’t bother with science, it’s too late. Go fuck yourself ― we just don’t have time for you.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

he's ^^ not wrong
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

“Stay home. Die there with your COVID,” Stern said. “Don’t take the cure, but don’t clog up our hospitals with your COVID when you finally get it. Don’t bother with science, it’s too late. Go fuck yourself ― we just don’t have time for you.”
    What is the overlap of Stern listeners and Rogan listeners? That would be interesting to know.

Haven’t listened to Stern since he left the airwaves but he was good entertainment on job sites when I used to lay carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with relying on testing to determine when someone with covid can stop isolating is that PCR can detect dead virus for a long time after people are no longer contagious. OTOH from a medical standpoint at least there's no harm in waiting .

FDA authorizes boosters for Moderna recipients--same criteria as for Pfizer, and J and J second doses for everyone over 18. Authorizes mix and match vaccines.
    So when do the half dose Moderna boosters show up? Or do they just pull half out of the vial and start immediately?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What is the overlap of Stern listeners and Rogan listeners? That would be interesting to know.

Haven’t listened to Stern since he left the airwaves but he was good entertainment on job sites when I used to lay carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    When I was in my early twenties I loved him. Driving a truck through Los Angeles and tuning in, holy shit did I laugh hard. What a world we live in! But then he went too over the top and was too repetitive for me. Like a new lesbian to make fun of every day. I think he has matured since the divorce. Hits the mark on covid.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

He is not wrong, you know…

So now that the FDA is suggesting that mix and matching vaccines might be better, what do we think is the best blend?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/healt...eua/index.html

Shit, I got all three from Pfizer.

I saw this in Twitter today.

Got Pfizer #3 today myself. I'm not gonna fret and stress about woulda coulda.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Totally agree.

You have to admit though, J&J plus Moderna...shwiiing!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Totally agree.

You have to admit though, J&J plus Moderna...shwiiing!

I'd have to read more about the meaning of the table. What are the percentages relative to? I assume the original vaccine under a no booster scenario. If that's the case I read that table as initial J&J was just ok...Pfizer better, Moderna best...if you got j&j getting that booster is muy importante
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    So when do the half dose Moderna boosters show up? Or do they just pull half out of the vial and start immediately?

The CDC still has to weigh in which I believe will happen this week. The Moderna comes in multidose vials so it's just a matter of drawing up half the amount.
    If you really want a shot right away I'm sure you can find one.

That chart does not include my regimen, which is 1 Janssen followed by 2 full dose Modernas. Are my antibodies going to leave my body and eradicate covid worldwide or what?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Just got Pfizer #3 yesterday….My arm is sore as shit, and my cell service did not improve….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Looks like a few of us got our 3rd dose yesterday. No issues for me, way easier than 2nd dose. Even my arm isn’t really sore, the guy injecting the chip told me the key is having completely relaxed arm muscles. He had me let the arm hang loose for a couple of minutes and I tried not to tense up for the shot.

Glad I got the 3rd dose and glad the Mrs gets hers this afternoon. VT is having our highest case counts ever. The governor has given up after doing a good job earlier. Won’t institute mask mandates, and has prevented cities or towns to implement. Says he doesn’t know why cases are rocketing up but we should focus on “personal responsibility”. Guess he’s scared of getting primaried next election if he doesn’t bow down the whack job republican base.

https://vtdigger.org/2021/10/20/verm...pitalizations/

While a lot of the surge is centered in the low vaccine rate areas, there is a lot of transmission in the elementary aged kids. Last year I think Mrs Flounder’s school had 2 classrooms the whole year that had to go remote briefly. Now it’s one, sometimes 2 per week. She had 2 kids pulled from class the other day because they were on a bus with a positive case. The state is leaving it to schools to do contract tracing when the schools can’t even hire enough staff to teach and feed the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Just got Pfizer #3 yesterday….My arm is sore as shit, and my cell service did not improve….
    The placebo sucks. I swear it is water from a puddle somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Looks like a few of us got our 3rd dose yesterday. No issues for me, way easier than 2nd dose. Even my arm isn’t really sore, the guy injecting the chip told me the key is having completely relaxed arm muscles. He had me let the arm hang loose for a couple of minutes and I tried not to tense up for the shot.

Glad I got the 3rd dose and glad the Mrs gets hers this afternoon. VT is having our highest case counts ever. The governor has given up after doing a good job earlier. Won’t institute mask mandates, and has prevented cities or towns to implement. Says he doesn’t know why cases are rocketing up but we should focus on “personal responsibility”. Guess he’s scared of getting primaried next election if he doesn’t bow down the whack job republican base.

https://vtdigger.org/2021/10/20/verm...pitalizations/

While a lot of the surge is centered in the low vaccine rate areas, there is a lot of transmission in the elementary aged kids. Last year I think Mrs Flounder’s school had 2 classrooms the whole year that had to go remote briefly. Now it’s one, sometimes 2 per week. She had 2 kids pulled from class the other day because they were on a bus with a positive case. The state is leaving it to schools to do contract tracing when the schools can’t even hire enough staff to teach and feed the kids.
    I wasnt gonna vote for him anyway, but this seals it. He'll get primaried anyway. He should go back to doing the right thing.