Page 488 of 929 FirstFirst ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... LastLast
Results 12,176 to 12,200 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Is there an amount of death from COVID that will make the antivaxxers get a vaccine? I don't want people to die, but these people aren't willing to help themselves or those around them.
    based on my small sample of one person, I doubt it.

Our Vax-hesitant mountain bike rider has until 9/15 to get her first Pfizer shot or 10/4 to get a J&J shot to keep her teaching job.
    She's decided that she is gonna get a religious exemption. Boiling it all down, she has a deeply-held, irrational fear of any vaccines.

She got really pissed when I said that I doubt a note from The First Church of Wackadoodle Snowflakes was gonna cut it with the State of Oregon. And even more pissed when I asked if her church's patron saint was named Karen.

And she will be even more pissed when I tell her that she won't be coming on the McKenzie River Trail shuttle I'm organizing for next weekend. She will be the only unvaxxed person, I'm not gonna get in a car with her, and its too fucking hard to organize shuttling around her snowflakedness.

And I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    you can use the word man...its HYPOCRITE
    You mean like someone pretending to give a damn about the rights of minorities until it means voting for and allocating funds to help them?

Or is it like wailing about vaccine inequality in the world but saying the $2-3 dollars per year they personally contribute to global health initiatives is enough?

Or caring enough about your fellow man to perpetuate misinformation that is meant to dissuade people from getting a vacccinaton that helps everyone?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This statement is a slippery slope...as multiple documented instances of genocide in history began exactly this way.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2014/12...ns-un-official

"The Holocaust did not start with the gas chambers and the Rwandan genocide did not start with the slayings. It started with the dehumanization of a specific group of persons."

Also, caring about your fellow man, while simultaneously hoping that your fellow man should die is....conflicting.
    This is pretty funny considering the non stop attempts to turn the word “liberal” into a slur.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Our Vax-hesitant mountain bike rider has until 9/15 to get her first Pfizer shot or 10/4 to get a J&J shot to keep her teaching job.
    She's decided that she is gonna get a religious exemption. Boiling it all down, she has a deeply-held, irrational fear of any vaccines.

She got really pissed when I said that I doubt a note from The First Church of Wackadoodle Snowflakes was gonna cut it with the State of Oregon. And even more pissed when I asked if her church's patron saint was named Karen.

And she will be even more pissed when I tell her that she won't be coming on the McKenzie River Trail shuttle I'm organizing for next weekend. She will be the only unvaxxed person, I'm not gonna get in a car with her, and its too fucking hard to organize shuttling around her snowflakedness.

legitimately curious - why not invite the anti-vaxxer? Even if they were to get Covid, the chances of anything happening to yourself or anyone else is negligible… right? The only person she would be hurting is herself; no? Like you’re vaccinated. You’re not going to die. You’re not going to get super sick. You have your vaccine! Right??

the only reason I see is you just wanting to be a cunt. Like everyone else in this thread towards anyone that doesn’t want to get vaccinated for whatever reason. You don’t care about their health… why feign a concern for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    "Several gorillas at Zoo Atlanta in the southern US state of Georgia have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, the zoo said.

The western lowland gorillas were tested after keepers saw them coughing and other symptoms, it said."
    Interesting. Will they give them the vax, or Ivermectin?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    legitimately curious - why not invite the anti-vaxxer? Even if they were to get Covid, the chances of anything happening to yourself or anyone else is negligible… right? The only person she would be hurting is herself; no? Like you’re vaccinated. You’re not going to die. You’re not going to get super sick. You have your vaccine! Right??

the only reason I see is you just wanting to be a cunt. Like everyone else in this thread towards anyone that doesn’t want to get vaccinated for whatever reason. You don’t care about their health… why feign a concern for anyone else?
    of course you would, you simpleton

for clarity (& yet again for the slow), the whole point of masking distancing & vaccinating is to deter spread, not create instantaneous immunity. And it takes a long time, especially with a whole cohort of fucksticks acting like selfish toddlers, not realizing their premise of basic safety is generously being tendered by the responsible people around them as they throw a fit over fantasy grievances.

your perceived victimization for your ignorant opinions is the cross you have to bear as long as you continue to deny the facts about this virus

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    "Several gorillas at Zoo Atlanta in the southern US state of Georgia have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, the zoo said.

The western lowland gorillas were tested after keepers saw them coughing and other symptoms, it said."
    So can you beat them in a fair fight now?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

I work with several anti-vaxers. Several have already gotten the COVID. Two had really bad bouts. One ended up in the hospital. Since released but dealing with some potential long haul symptoms. One might be clear but had been suffering from a really bad constant cough. But that could have also been related to how bad the AQI has been here in Bend.

There's nothing you can say to them that will make them get the shot. No amount of family members getting severely ill or dying that will make them get the shot. It's even past Trump telling his cult members to get the shot. I think the only think that might work is for Trump to claim he has come up with the Trump COVID hoax cure. Sell it for $100 a shot at Trump rallies, where you also pay $100 to attend, and then line them up for an actual COVID shot. Where you can also buy an autographed Trump vax card for another hundy. Even then, it might not work. But Trump sure would make bank.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

“If you get your shots we build 5 feet of Mexican border wall with your name on it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    There's nothing you can say to them that will make them get the shot. No amount of family members getting severely ill or dying that will make them get the shot. It's even past Trump telling his cult members to get the shot.
    Yup, so true. She's a "natural organic" type not a Trumptard. Just as impervious to logic and fact though.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    “If you get your shots we build 5 feet of Mexican border wall with your name on it.”
    Funny how this place seems to always flip it on Orange manlovers.

Arent florida and texas currently 2 of the worst states with covid cases? Kinda funny when you look up the political demographics or registered voters in each state they are nearly 50% 50%. Are you all implying that because there is a GOP governor that the 50% that votes against just blindly still follows?

There are anti vaxxers on both sides of this...seems many here can't really grasp that. #badorangeman

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nk-since-2016/

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/

I'm just here to ask when we started calling it "the Covid" cause it's becoming more and more common and it sounds retarded.

Arent florida and texas currently 2 of the worst states with covid cases? Kinda funny when you look up the political demographics or registered voters in each state they are nearly 50% 50%. Are you all implying that because there is a GOP governor that the 50% that votes against just blindly still follows?

There are anti vaxxers on both sides of this...seems many here can't really grasp that. #badorangeman

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nk-since-2016/

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/

Sure. Why look at the county level when you can obfuscate with state-wide data that proves your point?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.46.26 PM.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	385279

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Sure. Why look at the county level when you can obfuscate with state-wide data that proves your point?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.46.26 PM.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	385279
    why not dig and dig til you find what proves your point? Link to said study please? Pew is pretty well respected. Lets see the source? And for the record? those arent HUGE differences either. 28.5 to 35%? LOL yeah its just the GOP folks totally...all the Democrats got the shot in both states.

Youre plain ignoring the facts...you WANT it to be about "bad orange man", but its not...hell even he's telling the masses to get the vax...

stick to your narrative though....keep pushing in the wedge..

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This statement is a slippery slope...as multiple documented instances of genocide in history began exactly this way.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2014/12...ns-un-official

"The Holocaust did not start with the gas chambers and the Rwandan genocide did not start with the slayings. It started with the dehumanization of a specific group of persons."

Also, caring about your fellow man, while simultaneously hoping that your fellow man should die is....conflicting.
    Not being vaccinated is not discrimination based on race or any other inherent trait. Its a fucking choice in your behavior. Behavior.

I cannot choose to take a shit in your water supply without expecting legal consequences any more than you should be able to choose to not get vaccinated but not expect consequences.

You are not conservative or libertarian with these arguments. They are wrong. You lose credibility for yourself and the conservative movement when you make them.

Check yourself

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Man, with RJ gone our other 3 morons have really stepped it up. Kudos guys! It's almost like the universe demands a contrarian/ignoramus/bad faith equilibrium.... I could swear I heard it expressed once as...deplorables.

I'll wade into this skidog shit too. Let me break it down.

If you are an incubator/accelerator of disinformation that is harming public health and safety -> yes, please fuck off and die. The world is better off with out you.

If you are a victim of bad information, otherwise capable but militantly ignorant despite all the hand holding and help being offered-> welp, thems the breaks. try not to die but no tears if you do.

If you are a victim of bad information but have no reasoning skills or reasonable avenues for improvement -> it's just sad. the country/system has failed you. I wish we were better

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm just here to ask when we started calling it "the Covid" cause it's becoming more and more common and it sounds retarded.
    People have been calling it that since the first "quarantine." It's a great way to sound ignorant.

why not dig and dig til you find what proves your point? Link to said study please? Pew is pretty well respected. Lets see the source? And for the record? those arent HUGE differences either. 28.5 to 35%? LOL yeah its just the GOP folks totally...all the Democrats got the shot in both states.
    28 to 35 seems pretty significant, so does the fact that the gap grew into July to the tune of 46.7 to 35 as it did at each interval. Why do you think Republicans have dug in their heels to avoid the vax as opposed to Dems and why is it pushing a wedge to show a chart that there is more hesitancy among GOP voters? Do you think the data underlying the chart is not accurate?

It's been noted in the past several months by other people:
    https://civiqs.com/results/coronavir...ue&zoomIn=true
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    of course you would, you simpleton

for clarity (& yet again for the slow), the whole point of masking distancing & vaccinating is to deter spread, not create instantaneous immunity. And it takes a long time, especially with a whole cohort of fucksticks acting like selfish toddlers, not realizing their premise of basic safety is generously being tendered by the responsible people around them as they throw a fit over fantasy grievances.

your perceived victimization for your ignorant opinions is the cross you have to bear as long as you continue to deny the facts about this virus
    Well said.

Youre plain ignoring the facts...you WANT it to be about "bad orange man", but its not...hell even he's telling the masses to get the vax...

stick to your narrative though....keep pushing in the wedge..
    False narratives like the herd immunity theory that underlies so much anti vaxx commentary, or the theory the vaxxed transmit at the same rate as the unvaxxed, or that vaccines are selecting for immune-evasive variants is what's driving the wedge.

While these are legitimate questions for people just coming to the subject, we see over-and-over those concerns exacerbated by people deliberately scaring people with misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    28 to 35 seems pretty significant, so does the fact that the gap grew into July to the tune of 46.7 to 35 as it did at each interval.
    Yes. to me that was the main take away: The gap has continued to grow. In other words, it's becoming more and more of a political divide.

33% more people were vaccinated in counties that voted for Biden vs. those that voted for Trump in July. That's significant.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    28 to 35 seems pretty significant, so does the fact that the gap grew into July to the tune of 46.7 to 35 as it did at each interval. Why do you think Republicans have dug in their heels to avoid the vax as opposed to Dems and why is it pushing a wedge to show a chart that there is more hesitancy among GOP voters? Do you think the data underlying the chart is not accurate?
    I think the GOP driven media are no fucking help at all in this mess. Sadly, as you said, they have dug in their heels, but tell me....why isnt the blue line even bigger? I think the mix is more than we (here) choose to believe. I just dont believe its as cut and dry as "if all the trumptards stepped up" this would be over...

We can surely disagree...thats totally cool...i think we can all agree this shouldnt be politicized at all.

heres the link to the study...good study...

I don't disagree at all the the majority of anti vaxxers lean right, but there are still plenty that dont.

The breaksdowns in that study should scare you...at least some of them

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...february-2021/

I think the GOP driven media are no fucking help at all in this mess. Sadly, as you said, they have dug in their heels, but tell me....why isnt the blue line even bigger? I think the mix is more than we (here) choose to believe. I just dont believe its as cut and dry as "if all the trumptards stepped up" this would be over...

We can surely disagree...thats totally cool...i think we can all agree this shouldnt be politicized at all.
    I'm going to agree with at least some of this. There is the non white evangelical segment that leans democrat on most things but flips when gay marriage is on the ballot. There is also the history of eugenics making more than a couple hesitant. I get that it's not rational to think the brown person is getting anything more dangerous than the non brown person in the same vax line. But, it's also the same stubborn, not gonna do it simply because you are telling me to do it attitude going on there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!