Page 603 of 929 FirstFirst ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 ... LastLast
Results 15,051 to 15,075 of 23206
    I'm still just looking at CDC stats...99.997% survival rate based on my age bracket...and...we are talking about mandatory vaccinations? I feel like Allen Iverson talking about practice.

I have a greater chance of death or injury by riding my bike. Should we also mandate no bike riding?

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    I'm still just looking at CDC stats...99.997% survival rate based on my age bracket...and...we are talking about mandatory vaccinations? I feel like Allen Iverson talking about practice.

I have a greater chance of death or injury by riding my bike. Should we also mandate no bike riding?
    Depends. Is your spandex contagious?

Does riding your bike put everyone else around you at risk as well, perhaps folks who aren't as young?

Or, are you good with sitting in a room with 100 of your closest friends and family all agreeing to be exposed and see if all of you actually do survive?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

]I'm still just looking at CDC stats...99.997% survival rate based on my age bracket

I have a greater chance of death or injury by riding my bike.
    Why compare two unlike things? Why not include the risk of injury with both?

Because according to a new study the cardiovascular burden of COVID-19 a year after infection in comparison with the uninfected is substantial: people with COVID-19 exhibit increased risks and 12-month burdens of incident cardiovascular disease including cerebrovascular disorders, dysrhythmias, inflammatory heart disease, ischemic heart disease, heart failure, thromboembolic disease, and other cardiac disorders — in addition to the already established increased risk of lung damage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Depends. Is your spandex contagious?
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Does riding your bike put everyone else around you at risk as well, perhaps folks who aren't as young?

Or, are you good with sitting in a room with 100 of your closest friends and family all agreeing to be exposed and see if all of you actually do survive?
    For natural immunity/antibodies, for sure. It is 6x12 times more effective than any vax on the market. I'll take that all day!

I think vaccines are great for people who are at risk or choose to get them; I'm all for it. But, making it mandatory...that is where I have an issue.

For natural immunity/antibodies, for sure. It is 6x12 times more effective than any vax on the market. I'll take that all day!
    Not true. If you had been following along you'd know that according to randomized population testing from the UK, apples-to-apples vaccination is not only more dependable but also outperforms in-the-wild infection. It is also well established vaccination complements infection resulting in a more effective overall immune response.

Please identify the CDC study which claims post-infection immunity is "6x12(sic) times more effective than any (vaccination)" -

Multi-, I appreciate your Patience with these trolls.

Thank you. tj

as a matter of 'message' , I will add,

in addition to individual immunity, the greater purpose of Vaccination is decreasing the spread of disease in society...

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Not true. If you had been following along you'd know that according to randomized population testing from the UK, apples-to-apples vaccination is not only more dependable but also outperforms natural infection. It is also well established vaccination complements in the wild infection resulting in a more effective overall immune response.
    I guess we read different medical journals.

Never-the-less, I love the vaccines...just not the mandate.

Carry on!

I guess we read different medical journals.

Never-the-less, I love the vaccines...just not the mandate.

Carry on!
    Which medical journal did you read?

Which mandate are you referring to? To be able to board an airline? For Police Officers that will have to get in the face of citizens? For a child to go to school? I haven't heard of a blanket mandate.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I'm still just looking at CDC stats...99.997% survival rate based on my age bracket
    What are you, 18? Let's see those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I like the reading of "Of all our vaccine breakthru cases that required hospitalization, only 1 required a vent."

So only 1 of 27.

And only having 27 cases needing hospitalization is nothing to sneeze at, so to speak.

The vaccine is really, really effective that preventing worst-case and near-worse case scenarios.

Not only are unvaccinated hospitalizations outnumbering the vaccinated in TNKen's graphic, but research shows vaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 are older, have more pre-existing conditions, and have more risk factors than unvaccinated people.

In other words if we case-matched individuals, vaccine performance would look even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Now can we get the feds to mandate vaccination for domestic air travel? I'm pretty sure a not-insignificant number of people will cave with that type of mandate.

And warn everyone that it's going into effect the week before T'giving - meaning people will have plenty of time to get their shit together.
    I think less than 50% of the population has been on an airplane.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I think less than 50% of the population has been on an airplane.
    Cruise ship enforcement might be more productive w the antivax crowd

You aren't being mandated to get the vaccine.

Feel free to not travel, stay out of hospitals, not attend public events, eat at restaurants, etc. Go ahead and mask up when you grocery shop and have fun doing outdoor activities away from other people.

If you want to participate in society, you need to help protect our society. The vaccine isn't just about YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Not only are unvaccinated hospitalizations outnumbering the vaccinated in TNKen's graphic, but research shows vaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 are older, have more pre-existing conditions, and have more risk factors than unvaccinated people.

In other words if we case-matched individuals, vaccine performance would look even more impressive.
    Yes^ This.

worth repeating: vaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 are older, have more pre-existing conditions, and have more risk factors than unvaccinated people.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...port-1.6201448

here ^^ is a timely artical on how/ why all the old people in care homes got COVID

localy a HC worker is losing her job cuz she won't get a vax so she is trying to pickup some work by advertising on FB
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    You aren't being mandated to get the vaccine.

Feel free to not travel, stay out of hospitals, not attend public events, eat at restaurants, etc. Go ahead and mask up when you grocery shop and have fun doing outdoor activities away from other people.

If you want to participate in society, you need to help protect our society. The vaccine isn't just about YOU.
    holy fuck this is some of the dumbest shit I’ve read on the internet today… but it’s the TGR hive mind; I shouldn’t be surprised 🤷🏻♂️

Fucking irony is officially dead. Dipshit.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xr4e9pg1ygq71.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	388117

I don't regularly post in this thread, but when I do, I have no idea if I'm posting old information.

But this was funny as hell;

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-demol...204334633.html

An apparently homeless man demolished an anti-vaccine protester’s argument on Saturday ― and he only needed six words to do it.

A clip posted on Twitter by @FilmThePoliceLA shows a woman walking down Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles with a bullhorn claiming the coronavirus is a hoax.

At one point, she asks rhetorically, “Do you seeall of these homeless people around? Are they dead in the street with COVID? Hell no. Why?”

The unidentified man pipes up with a pretty good explanation: “Because I’m vaccinated, you dumb fuck.”
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I'm gonna be using that everywhere

When someone asks me anything my answer will be "because I'm vaccinated you dumb fuck!"

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xr4e9pg1ygq71.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	388117
    Like it says on my med school diploma, which is in Latin--Exiens cave fores culum pulsent

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    holy fuck this is some of the dumbest shit I’ve read on the internet today… but it’s the TGR hive mind; I shouldn’t be surprised 🤷🏻♂️
    Based on your previous statements here, I’m not surprised you don’t understand empathy and helping fellow humans. Keep living your selfish life away from others.