Page 856 of 929 FirstFirst ... 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... LastLast
Results 21,376 to 21,400 of 23206
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    a lil of both
    i wussed on my shingles vax at my physical last month and took tetnus instead
    i need to go do my second booster and shingles
    that kook pondo did a booster and shingles vax in one arm
    and the pneumonias in the other in one visit
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Had booster 4 yesterday (Pfizer, Pfizer, Moderna, Pfizer). Waking up with slight headache but not the same hangover as the Moderna booster. And nowhere near as bad as shingles 1.

My first 3 shots have been Pfizer. Do I try to get a Moderna for second booster?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Had booster 4 yesterday (Pfizer, Pfizer, Moderna, Pfizer). Waking up with slight headache but not the same hangover as the Moderna booster. And nowhere near as bad as shingles 1.
    Cheeburger, cheeburger, cheeburger

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My first 3 shots have been Pfizer. Do I try to get a Moderna for second booster?
    I'm getting a 2nd booster of Moderna after 3 Pfizers today.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

If you have an option, why not?
    My foray into Moderna was purely cuz the doc’s office at the time only carried it due to storage issues
    Can’t go wrong tho…either will bolster things

I need to get the Shingles vax. I'm 52.5. the pharmacy keeps bugging me to get it. I don't see the doc until June. I thought the age was 55, did they lower it?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I need to get the Shingles vax. I'm 52.5. the pharmacy keeps bugging me to get it. I don't see the doc until June. I thought the age was 55, did they lower it?
    50+
    My pcp told me to get it; I’m 50. What was odd was they didn’t carry it so I got it at a local pharmacy.

They must have, at some point: https://www.cdc.gov/shingles/multime...sheet-hcp.html

I got it *immediately* after turning 50. Mainly because I'm a wuss and the shingles sound positively AWFUL.

Maybe I can get my doc to give me pcp?

Always worth a shot?

#dadjoke

Maybe I can get my doc to give me pcp?
    Only if you’ve got an orangutang fight coming up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Only if you’ve got an orangutang fight coming up soon
    I thought that requires Flakka.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    a lil of both
    i wussed on my shingles vax at my physical last month and took tetnus instead
    i need to go do my second booster and shingles
    that kook pondo did a booster and shingles vax in one arm
    and the pneumonias in the other in one visit
    Ha! I can see him rolling up his sleeve with delight.........give it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i knew i kept those avalung nose clips fer a reason
    That's what those were? I thought someone left stuff in the bag.

Read today in the Medical Board bulletin about a California doc who got her license suspended for writing fake vaccine exemptions. Made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Read today in the Medical Board bulletin about a California doc who got her license suspended for writing fake vaccine exemptions. Made me smile.
    Yes!!! Can you drop the name and location of practice?

Anne Adams, Fair Oaks CA. She's an OB-Gyn.

Thanks. I wish it was more than a suspension. I believe there’s a physician with an office in colfax doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Thanks. I wish it was more than a suspension. I believe there’s a physician with an office in colfax doing the same.
    You can report them to the Medical Board yourself if you have any evidence at all. And the board is not particularly friendly to doctors when it comes to finding them guilty although relatively lenient when it comes to imposing penalties. Technically Adam's penalty was her license was revoked but the ruling was stayed--not imposed as long as she complies with certain conditions--including not writing any more exemptions, and she's on probation.

Well crap its a holiday so my choices are E/R or Urgent Care.

Here goes.

Was scheduled for a Colonoscopy last Tuesday (12th). Made the appointment the previous Thursday (7th) after my GI Doc had a cancellation. Started feeling a little punky Thursday night (7th) but not terrible. (3x vaxxed Pfizer).

Went in on Tuesday and had the procedure, didn't feel any worse and maybe even better in terms of punkiness. Oscopy went well, nothing bad found, went home.

Next day still not hungry, very noisy belly. Could not keep anything in, water or soup blew right through me. Fatigue, no fever. Same on Thursday so went back in, blood draw showed normal white count and nothing out of the ordinary. Doc said give it a day. Friday (yesterday) still same, doc ordered belly pictures. No perforations or obstructions. Said give it a bit more time. Last night sucked. Noisy, liquid and then gassy. Belly now quiet, still no energy, no appetite.

I am thinking maybe Covid? Going to local Pharm for rapid test.

Would the original blood draw still be available to test for anti-bodies or infection?

What say any of you wannabe or real TGR docs?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Do a home test?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

As far as the blood test, probably not available. In a hospital inpatient lab you can usually order more blood tests on a saved specimen the same day but not later. And blood for a CBC would be in a different tube than an antibody test or a blood culture. Good idea to get the covid test, but not my first guess.
    Apparently a lot of norovirus going around. That's the GI bug that's particularly common on cruise ships. Are you keeping anything down yet. Just stick to clear liquids--water, soda, clear broth--until you're feeling better. Then start with simple carbs--like dry toast. Don't take anything to stop the diarrhea--the diarrhea is the body's way to get rid of the bug.

Make sure your GI doc knows about your symptoms. Colonoscopes are very difficult to sterilize even with proper techniques. He will want to know that you might have had an intestinal infection at the time you were scoped.

If anything I said disagrees with your doctor, listen to your doctor.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks OG I thought about getting some Imodium and discarded it for the reasons you cited.

Belly is a bit quieter today. I figure it was just my time in the barrel.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You can report them to the Medical Board yourself if you have any evidence at all.
    I don’t know her name, unfortunately. I’ve alienated all those that would possibly share it with me. I’ve seen her vaguely referenced on FB, but never by name.