Page 578 of 929 FirstFirst ... 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Even if this is true it doesn't prove the vaccine is ineffective. The majority of people in the hospital are old. Old people have a much higher vaccination % than young people.
    People could be in a hospital for a variety of reasons most of which are probably not related to COVID-19. As you point out, it shouldn't be surprising that there are vaccinated people in hospitals. I know that's what you're saying, but thought it needed a little more emphasis.

You could say most people in hospitals are vaccinated for measles and a guy like MTT would use that to make the case that the measles vaccine isn't effective. It's nonsense.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Australia. Anyone watching that shit show?

Interesting fact. Of. All the people in hospital with COVID. 78%. Are fully vaccinated
    General population 50% are vaccinated
    https://www.aap.com.au/no-hospitalis...ll-vaccinated/

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    At least it's physical. Most corporate stuff is green screen city.
    yeah i just found it funny...its obvious they wanted the press there, so its not going to be in the oval, but they want to make it seem "casual" like it was "between meetings".

Doesnt change anything just funny. I can remove if anyone thinks its "misinformation"

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    MTT's statement seems sub-accurate according to this but I guess anything is possible with small sample sizes (or when you make stuff up).
    I was kind of hoping to see that MTT didn't just have nonsense figures and instead the Aussies were doing an amazing job of vaccinating the right people first (elderly and comorbidities). Oh, well. Nonsense it is.

yeah Dr dude likely isnt used to pressers and got mixed up. He corrected himself. ICU patients 42 unvaxxed 1 partial vaxxed. Still seems like the other 90+ might be fully vaccinated? Hard to tell due to initial flub being grabbed by the social media hounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Australia. Anyone watching that shit show?

Interesting fact. Of. All the people in hospital with COVID. 78%. Are fully vaccinated
    General population 50% are vaccinated
    My cousin posts (from Gab) saying something similar in the UK

Likely this means very high vaccine uptake among those most likely to be hospitalized from Covid. Australia prioritized old people for vaccines. We know very old people are much more likely to be hospitalized. We also know that their immune systems may not generate a good immune response. These two factors surely explain the apparently contradictory stat.

With a detailed data set including demographics (especially age), the Australia (and UK) data are very likely to show very high vaccine effectiveness in all age groups. Same as everywhere else. I invite the reader to try the data analysis, a spreadsheet is sufficient, or paper and pencil.

eta: Or as many of you point out, the "stat" could be a lie

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

looks like it’s time for MTT to own his fail…
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I was kind of hoping to see that MTT didn't just have nonsense figures and instead the Aussies were doing an amazing job of vaccinating the right people first (elderly and comorbidities). Oh, well. Nonsense it is.
    He heard it on youtube or somewhere while practicing how to stop intruders from coming out of the TV.

About 1,400 — or 4 per cent — of the people who contracted COVID in NSW between March 1 and September 11 this year were fully vaccinated.

About 15 per cent of positive COVID cases (5,896 people) have been hospitalised since June 16 and 4 per cent of those (222) were fully vaccinated.

Three quarters of people in hospital with COVID were not vaccinated or had only received one dose.

Being fully vaccinated was also highly protective against ending up in intensive care.

Just nine of the 472 people who were in ICU were fully vaccinated.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    looks like it’s time for MTT to own his fail…
    As soon as he finishes eating that crayon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    He heard it on youtube or somewhere while practicing how to stop intruders from coming out of the TV.
    One of these days he'll get that intruder. It won't be so funny then, will it?!?

Well, no, I guess it probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yeah i just found it funny...its obvious they wanted the press there, so its not going to be in the oval, but they want to make it seem "casual" like it was "between meetings".

Doesnt change anything just funny. I can remove if anyone thinks its "misinformation"
    You’re a partisan troll. Pence did the same thing. It’s called politics, and it’s not funny because the only people who care are the sheep that follow shit like this.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

yeah Dr dude likely isnt used to pressers and got mixed up. He corrected himself. ICU patients 42 unvaxxed 1 partial vaxxed. Still seems like the other 90+ might be fully vaccinated? Hard to tell due to initial flub being grabbed by the social media hounds.
    Okay, if you read the whole text, he said all but one of the 141 people hospitalized were unvaccinated. 42 of the ICU hospitalizations were unvaccinated and 1 was partially vaccinated. Reading is fundamental.

we are the partisans and they are the super troopers

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 20.16.45.png
Views: 248
Size:  375.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    My cousin posts (from Gab) saying something similar in the UK

Likely this means very high vaccine uptake among those most likely to be hospitalized from Covid. Australia prioritized old people for vaccines. We know very old people are much more likely to be hospitalized. We also know that their immune systems may not generate a good immune response. These two factors surely explain the apparently contradictory stat.

With a detailed data set including demographics (especially age), the Australia (and UK) data are very likely to show very high vaccine effectiveness in all age groups. Same as everywhere else. I invite the reader to try the data analysis, a spreadsheet is sufficient, or paper and pencil.

eta: Or as many of you point out, the "stat" could be a lie
    It’s not a lie, it’s a mistake.

YouTube is banning prominent anti-vaccine kooks and blocking all anti-vaccine vids

By Gerrit De Vynck, The Washington Post
    Updated: 4 hours ago Published: 4 hours ago

SAN FRANCISCO - YouTube is taking down several video channels associated with high-profile anti-vaccine activists including Joseph Mercola and Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who experts say are partially responsible for helping seed the skepticism that’s contributed to slowing vaccination rates across the country.

As part of a new set of policies aimed at cutting down on anti-vaccine content on the Google-owned site, YouTube will ban any videos that claim that commonly used vaccines approved by health authorities are ineffective or dangerous. The company previously blocked videos that made those claims about coronavirus vaccines, but not ones for other vaccines like those for measles or chickenpox.

Misinformation researchers have for years said the popularity of anti-vaccine content on YouTube was contributing to growing skepticism of lifesaving vaccines in the United States and around the world. Vaccination rates have slowed and about 56% of the U.S. population has had two shots, compared with 71% in Canada and 67% in the United Kingdom. In July, President Joe Biden said social media companies were partially responsible for spreading misinformation about the vaccines, and need to do more to address the issue.

The change marks a shift for the social media giant, which streams more than 1 billion hours’ worth of content every day. Like its peers Facebook and Twitter, the company has long resisted policing content too heavily, arguing maintaining an open platform is critical to free speech. But as the companies increasingly come under fire from regulators, lawmakers and regular users for contributing to social ills - including vaccine skepticism - YouTube is again changing policies that it has held onto for months.

YouTube didn’t act sooner because it was focusing on misinformation specifically about coronavirus vaccines, said Matt Halprin, YouTube’s vice president of global trust and safety. When it noticed that incorrect claims about other vaccines were contributing to fears about the coronavirus vaccines, it expanded the ban.

“Developing robust policies takes time,” Halprin said. “We wanted to launch a policy that is comprehensive, enforceable with consistency and adequately addresses the challenge.”

Mercola, an alternative medicine entrepreneur, and Kennedy, a lawyer and the son of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy who has been a face of the anti-vaccine movement for years, have both said in the past that they are not automatically against all vaccines, but believe information about the risks of vaccines is being suppressed.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...ccine-content/

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    we are the partisans and they are the super troopers

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 20.16.45.png
Views: 248
Size:  375.2 KB

Was Faltskog preggers in that video?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You’re a partisan troll. Pence did the same thing. It’s called politics, and it’s not funny because the only people who care are the sheep that follow shit like this.

I just said it was funny and I understood it...its not lost on me that they ALL do it...

I was poking fun at the "theatre" comments earlier. Easy man....go take your pills.

as vaccination rates go up that will in turn lead to a higher *percentage* of hospitalized patients being vaccinated

this will no doubt be used by antivax idiots and TGR trolls to justify their decisions / score internet points

Elderly and/or medically vulnerable vaccinated people can still need to be hospitalized if they get covid. That fact alone is not new, is not unexpected, and is not a knock against the vaccines or the need for eligible people to get vaccinated.

I just said it was funny and I understood it...its not lost on me that they ALL do it...

I was poking fun at the "theatre" comments earlier. Easy man....go take your pills.
    I did. Did you skip your Ritalin again?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    as vaccination rates go up that will in turn lead to a higher *percentage* of hospitalized patients being vaccinated

this will no doubt be used by antivax idiots and TGR trolls to justify their decisions / score internet points

Elderly and/or medically vulnerable vaccinated people can still need to be hospitalized if they get covid. That fact alone is not new, is not unexpected, and is not a knock against the vaccines or the need for eligible people to get vaccinated.
    Catch up, it was a mistake, a doctor misspoke at a press conference.

In Australia they might be hospitalizing everyone who tests positive with any symptoms at all to be extra careful and quarantine known cases even if they don't really require hospitalization yet. Places without a ridiculous number of anti vaxers clogging up ICUs (yet) have healthcare bandwidth to do that.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Okay, if you read the whole text, he said all but one of the 141 people hospitalized were unvaccinated. 42 of the ICU hospitalizations were unvaccinated and 1 was partially vaccinated. Reading is fundamental.

I might be retarded, but please go back and re-read yourself. I see NOWHERE in there that says only 1 out of all 141 were unvaccinated. Thats where his flub was, later corrected to state the vax status was only in relation to the 43 ICU individuals. 42 unvaxxed, 1 partial..

https://www.aap.com.au/no-hospitalis...all-vaccinated

I.E. Exactly what i said...we really dont know the status of the other 98 hospitalized. you can keep trying to poke though..maybe the reading is fundamental should be taken to heart by youself eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    First thing thought was. In the hospital because of COVID? Or tho are in the hospital for something and testing positive for Covid. The dude did not say
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Since June a little over 3% of New South Wales (Australia) hospitalized Covid patients and less than 2% of ICU patients were fully vaccinated. Most people who have died from Covid in NSW had not received a vaccine, while no one under 70 has died having received two doses.

So I guess the question is why would MTT and skidog who wrote "Still seems like the other 90+ might be fully vaccinated?" think things would be different in Australia? Why would they think vaccinated people dominate hospitalizations in Australia when that hasn't been the case so far anywhere else?