Page 147 of 929 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 23206
    Mrs ::: ::: reports a solid headache this morning from P1

24 hours out from my first Pfizer shot and my arm is still sore and I had a weird dream last night. I feel fine otherwise.

Mrs. Seano gets Pfizer #2 tomorrow out on the Rez.......They have more doses than appointments, apparently.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Symptoms after 1st shot improved.

I wonder if I reacted the way I did because I still have antibodies.
    Co-worker’s girlfriend who had COVID twice reacted the same as I did from the 1st shot but her 2nd was uneventful.

Guess I’m going to find out on May 2nd.

Pitkin County is closing down their large vaccine site due to lack of interest and cancelled appointments. This appears to be primarily driven by the availability of the J&J shot. Wife and I went last week when they had it and the site was packed.

I am sure some of it relates to the lower off-season population and the number of people already vaccinated...but there is obvious preference for the J&J and halting production/supply is going to have a very real result of less people getting the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I went to work after the second shot and was doing some heavy lifting and strained a muscle in my back. It is still jacked up. So don’t do that. I wonder if the fever that night made it worse or something. Maybe I’m just old. Fack!

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Current numbers from the EMA;

$AZN 169 CVST cases + 53 of splanchnic vein thrombosis; 34m vaccinated
    $BNTX $PFE 35 CVST cases, 54m vaccinated
    $MRNA 5 CVST cases, 4m vaccinated
    $JNJ 6 CVST cases, 6.8m vaccinated

Very rare events. God forbid you get CVST, 92% recover with no long term effects.
    For those of us that can't seem to understand context with the numbers from the EMA here, issues are exceptionally rare in the context of the large numbers of vaccinations:

AZ - 0.0006529% chance of incident
    BionTech - 0.0000648% chance of incident
    Moderna - 0.000125% chance of incident (and Moderna has a much better record in the US with a much larger testing pool)
    JNJ - 0.000088235% chance of incident

Chance of DEATH as a U.S. citizen from COVID - 0.166% (550,000 dead/331,000,000 population)
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

The J&J pause is frustrating. Anyone have any idea how long we should expect this pause could last, assuming the incidence of clots is, in fact, very low as the current data would seem to indicate?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The J&J pause is frustrating. Anyone have any idea how long we should expect this pause could last, assuming the incidence of clots is, in fact, very low as the current data would seem to indicate?
    Wasn't the pause the the EU about a week for the AZ concerns? J&J has just had a string of issues in the press and may just need a news cycle to step out of the spotlight.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    For those of us that can't seem to understand context with the numbers from the EMA here, issues are exceptionally rare in the context of the large numbers of vaccinations:

AZ - 0.0006529% chance of incident
    BionTech - 0.0000648% chance of incident
    Moderna - 0.000125% chance of incident (and Moderna has a much better record in the US with a much larger testing pool)
    JNJ - 0.000088235% chance of incident

Chance of DEATH as a U.S. citizen from COVID - 0.166% (550,000 dead/331,000,000 population)
    And the incidents are most likely not fatal.

Wasn't the pause the the EU about a week for the AZ concerns? J&J has just had a string of issues in the press and may just need a news cycle to step out of the spotlight.
    I think you're right. It's interesting because I saw many people asking where to get the J&J vaccine, probably because they like the idea of the single dose. After this I suspect the demand for it will be affected somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think you're right. It's interesting because I saw many people asking where to get the J&J vaccine, probably because they like the idea of the single dose. After this I suspect the demand for it will be affected somewhat.
    I just read that the pause will be for days, not weeks......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Pfizer #2 yesterday. still waiting for side-effects. maybe something is wrong with me or i got a fake vax/placebo. shit i'm paranoid.
    bumps are for poor people

I got an email an hour ago that ACIP meets tomorrow about J&J. Hopefully they will be sensible about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Pfizer 2 yesterday.

Headache, nausea, threw up last night.

OK today but tired

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

PFE #2 yesterday afternoon. Only side effects were both shoulder joints were pretty achy last night and this morning, waking me up several times. Couple of Tylenols and they're better but still a bit achy. No fever but feeling a little fatigued, probably lack of uninterrupted sleep. Worked out last night, no issues but just a light workout on the treadmill (God I hate that thing...). I think I should be fully good to go after today.

So all of the vaccines have a rare risk of blood clots in the brain.
    From huckbucket's numbers--very roughly 1 in a million. Except AZ which is very roughly 10 times higher.
    And one has to assume that the numbers underestimate the true incidence of the mild cases that go undiagnosed.
    According to Johns Hopkins, 5 people per million get the blood clots every year.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So all of the vaccines have a rare risk of blood clots in the brain.
    From huckbucket's numbers--very roughly 1 in a million. Except AZ which is very roughly 10 times higher.
    And one has to assume that the numbers underestimate the true incidence of the mild cases that go undiagnosed.
    According to Johns Hopkins, 5 people per million get the blood clots every year.
    Wouldn't you expect basically the same rate (or proportionally similar anyway) of mild/undiagnosed among the general population?

In which case, if the time frame under study is around 2 months then there's no increase in clot risk with any vaccine except AZ. Which is still minimal.

ETA: maybe Americans need the "pause" to believe we're being too careful?

I was reading an article earlier that in order to get more people vaccinated, the time between doses of Pfizer and Moderna could be longer. As long as you have 1 shot you are protected and can get the 2nd later.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ETA: maybe Americans need the "pause" to believe we're being too careful?
    Gotta break that news cycle. 2 separate issues at manufacturing plants (zero of those doses ever made it past QC), a handful of people in CO felt side effects pretty rapidly, now a blood clot incident. All separate issues, all highly unlikely. Nobody cares that 6,800,000 doses have been administered if the news only talks about 15 people with issues and a vague specter of manufacturing issues. The cattle are spooked and need to be calmed.

JNJ isn't going to stop anything. Production will produce, shipping will ship. And in a week and a half, vax clinics will have more appointments with more JNJ than they would have had without the pause.

Gotta break that news cycle. 2 separate issues at manufacturing plants (zero of those doses ever made it past QC), a handful of people in CO felt side effects pretty rapidly, now a blood clot incident. All separate issues, all highly unlikely. Nobody cares that 6,800,000 doses have been administered if the news only talks about 15 people with issues and a vague specter of manufacturing issues. The cattle are spooked and need to be calmed.

JNJ isn't going to stop anything. Production will produce, shipping will ship. And in a week and a half, vax clinics will have more appointments with more JNJ than they would have had without the pause.
    All of this. And some people in my circle of acquaintances ate the Colorado "panic" UP, hook, line, and sinker. I told them that this guy should hang out at those clinics and tell the fainters and "it's makin' me sick" crowd to HTFU:

We are supposed to have a J&J clinic today. Clinic is still listed as happening and on the Google search results page you see this:

Name:  J&J.png
Views: 558
Size:  9.6 KB

but I notice when you cllck that link and go to the county page it no longer indicates that it is a J&J clinic.

Edit... and just like that:

Name:  J&Jupdate.png
Views: 538
Size:  86.4 KB

And our resident psycho Ana weighs in on the comments re: the cancellation of the J&J vax clinic. Boy... she really thinks a lot of herself. This is all about people who hate her.

Name:  PsychoAna.png
Views: 561
Size:  9.8 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Boy... she really thinks a lot of herself. This is all about people who hate her.

Name:  PsychoAna.png
Views: 561
Size:  9.8 KB
    This is pretty typical of the "anti" everything narcissists. Everything is always about them. Usually with some persecution complex. Personality disorder.

I'll bet she had never even heard the word globalist before 2016.

What a clever parrot.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3xb...ll-blood-clots

Good thing we’re stopping J&J and giving all the anti vaccine dip shits something to crow about. If anything good comes this whole thing maybe the anti vaxxer crop will get thinned