Page 96 of 929 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Ive known about an easy work around to get a shot for a few months now and know of people who have exploited it.

I can’t justify to myself getting in line before my number is called.

There is nothing wrong with waiting and letting people who are at higher risk and exposure get the shot.

Good on you for waiting.
    Agreed unless there are unused appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Agreed unless there are unused appointments.
    j

We don’t seem to have that issue here.

Root waiting may have been what made it easy for my non computer using MIL get a shot. No way she could navigate anything more challenging than a phone call.

I felt the same until a hospital executive told me to lie about my job and in his words "get my ass in for a shot".
    I have actually had multiple doctors and nurses I know tell me this. Their position is more shots in more arms faster is the only thing that matters. Basically if you live in Missoula right now and are 1b+ and don't have an appointment it's because you don't want one or are extremely lazy. There is no other excuse. I could get any numbers of appointments today, tomorrow, or this weekend if I qualified. If the Sunday mass clinic doesn't fill up by 5pm or so on Saturday I'm fucking doing it, I don't care. We were going to move to 1C next week before the April 1 statewide free-for-all was announced, which I would have qualified for. Now 1C will never happen.

So far, the closest I've found is in Gunnison on Monday. Only 5 hrs away!

Quote Originally Posted by char
    Root waiting may have been what made it easy for my non computer using MIL get a shot. No way she could navigate anything more challenging than a phone call.
    Yes...I was totally fine to wait my turn when all the appointments were filling up immediately. Now that they aren't is why I am squawking. You can literally have your choice of days/times/vaccines right now if you are 1B+.

Anyways my in-laws came over yesterday and came inside without masks and gave my kids the first grandparent hug they'd had in a year, so that was pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It is so fucked up and I'm seriously pissed off by it, because it didn't have to be this way. There are a ton of different places to get appointments, but you have to get on like a dozen different websites and keep trying on all of them, or find out by word of mouth about some event here or there, and you may see open appointments but when you click on them you're told they don't exist. And each website adds appointments on its own schedule. Every place even in one state seems to be doing shit differently, rather than what should be a uniform approach, with one set of eligibility phases that doesn't change repeatedly, one website to get appointments, a lottery system so that people who can be on a computer all day and can hit refresh don't have an unfair advantage, and a uniform system for handling "extra" doses that would otherwise go to waste. Right now the system for those seems to be at the whim of the particular people working that day.

I am so incredibly frustrated with the process and so pissed at our elected leaders for letting this bullshit persist. Yes, we will eventually all get vaccinated, and they know that and are counting on that, so they chose the path of least resistance rather than putting in the work to create a system that functions and is equitable.
    100%

I was just having that conversation this morning. It seems like the counties don't have or aren't following a blueprint or SOP from the states. The lack of consistency is creating confusion, competition and queue jumping. My mid-seventies neighbor has been having the exact website frustrations you are, whereas my early sixties neighbors just drove to a county with lower eligibility.

My county hasn't even forecast when they intend to throw it open to gen-pop (the only way I'm getting it) but with all of the back doors within a relatively short drive, they're making it difficult to remain honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I have actually had multiple doctors and nurses I know tell me this. Their position is more shots in more arms faster is the only thing that matters. Basically if you live in Missoula right now and are 1b+ and don't have an appointment it's because you don't want one or are extremely lazy. There is no other excuse. I could get any numbers of appointments today, tomorrow, or this weekend if I qualified. If the Sunday mass clinic doesn't fill up by 5pm or so on Saturday I'm fucking doing it, I don't care. We were going to move to 1C next week before the April 1 statewide free-for-all was announced, which I would have qualified for. Now 1C will never happen.
    I know people like to make jokes about lawyers, but all the lawyers I know are not willing to follow the advice of "just lie and go get a shot". Stupid ethics.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm with you guys that I would never take a spot of someone who qualifies. The problem is the system. The hospital I go to just sent an email out this morning to everybody that has an email on file that there are 1,200 openings in town today and tomorrow. They didn't send it to a certain age group that they know are eligible because they have their med records. They sent it to everybody. After speaking with the execs and docs, I have a feeling this email was deliberate.

The state has not opened up the next round of eligibility. So because the politicians are saying people are not eligible yet and the hospital can't figure out a wait list, we should just leave those 1,200 openings open? And technically, I fit loosely into one of the essential categories but didn't abuse that loophole until there were literally over a thousand open spots.

I know there are places that have 0 open spots. If I lived there, I'd wait (early 40s, ability to WFH, no underlying health conditions, etc).

You can make whatever rationalization you want about get the shot before your cohort is opened up.

I have certain principles and in this case it’s not worth breaking them to queue jump. YMMV.

Root - my grandparents were so stoked to see the grandkids after their shot. The kids are stoked as well and can’t stop talking about seeing them again.

I am 1B+ and if I want a shot it means driving to Choteau or Billings 2x.

I was told the Medical center in Big Sky has vaccines. I called the coordinator and she asked a couple of questions and then said to call the front desk for a phone consult to get scheduled. I did so and the twit at the desk had no clue what I was asking for. She said she would pass my info along. Haven't heard shit.

Meanwhile a friend tells me one of his clients who is Canadian but owns a home in Big Sky got a shot no problem. Another told me when he was in for his that there were tons of young and seemingly healthy folks lining up.

WTF?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I think it’s Choteau County but either way be sure you make sure. 🤣

You can make whatever rationalization you want about get the shot before your cohort is opened up.

I have certain principles and in this case it’s not worth breaking them to queue jump. YMMV.

Root - my grandparents were so stoked to see the grandkids after their shot. The kids are stoked as well and can’t stop talking about seeing them again.
    So, you're saying if your local hospital called you and said please come get your shot because we can't give away 1,200 of them and we didn't set up a wait list in time because we didn't see this happening, we have openings every time slot of every day this week, you wouldn't go get one because the government said it's not your turn and you have principles? Copy.

I typically think I'm fairly principled...maybe your opinion of the situation is different. I'm not losing sleep over taking the hospital up on the offer.

Having principles sucks ass.

But in response to Conundrum's post above, no, if the actual providers told me to come in I would be there 5 minutes ago.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

And just now looking on the website I managed an appointment in Townsend, next Friday. I can deal with that.

Except for this:
    YOU MUST BE A BROADWATER COUNTY RESIDENT IN PHASE 1A , 1B, OR 1B+. You will be asked to provide proof of residence at registration (Photo ID or other documentation).
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-18 Montana.png
Views: 1006
Size:  25.1 KB
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So, you're saying if your local hospital called you and said please come get your shot because we can't give away 1,200 of them and we didn't set up a wait list in time because we didn't see this happening, we have openings every time slot of every day this week, you wouldn't go get one because the government said it's not your turn and you have principles? Copy.

I typically think I'm fairly principled...maybe your opinion of the situation is different. I'm not losing sleep over taking the hospital up on the offer.
    If the provider called and knew my profile and said come and get a shot I would get the shot.

I’m speaking to the “I could slightly fudge my age and get a shot” or some other similar lie group.

Im also not going to go out of my way to get on a wait list when I know higher risk people are still struggling to get a shot. Sounds like MT and ID are in a different place than here. What would actually make sense is to put those doses on a plane and get them to where the demand in the high risk groups can’t be met.

NY finally opened it up to most people but it's still not easy to get stuck. After all the reports of shitty side effects on the Pfizer and Moderna jabs I want to find a J&J but that's not happening. Even the "easy" ones mean a 90 minute drive which isn't the worst thing but my wife's doc told her she's likely allergic to the Pfizer one so we're waiting. My county had some available but those got booked up within minutes and they have no idea when the next ones will be here. Both the county and NY State's health dept websites have removed their contact info, probably because they're tired of all the phone calls. The county even has it right at the top of the page DO NOT contact us, use the State site to make your appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    So far, the closest I've found is in Gunnison on Monday. Only 5 hrs away!
    Z, did you try the Mesa County site at the GJ Convention Center? Seems to be a bunch of appointments available.

https://scheduling.mesacountyhealth....ex.php?lang=en

If the provider called and knew my profile and said come and get a shot I would get the shot.

I’m speaking to the “I could slightly fudge my age and get a shot” or some other similar lie group.

Im also not going to go out of my way to get on a wait list when I know higher risk people are still struggling to get a shot. Sounds like MT and ID are in a different place than here. What would actually make sense is to put those doses on a plane and get them to where the demand in the high risk groups can’t be met.
    I'll take this into a little political zone and sorry in advance. What would make sense is putting those doses on a plane to where there is demand in states where steps were actually taken to prevent the spread in the first place. Idaho didn't do shit, we have assholes with their kids burning masks on the capital steps in protest (in the last two weeks) even though we never had a state mandated mask requirement, and now we have hospitals begging people to come get shots but the state won't open up more eligibility. What's scary is Idaho is on the bottom of the list for both % of population vaccinated and delivery efficiency. All the while, I personally know multiple people who have told me they are never taking the vaccine unless they have to to fly and go to concerts and even then, maybe not.

Meanwhile, other states took major precautions through the whole pandemic and can't get high risk people who want the vaccine in to get one. Crazy times...

VT is opening the schedule to all 16+ in April.

And just now looking on the website I managed an appointment in Townsend, next Friday. I can deal with that.

Except for this:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-18 Montana.png
Views: 1006
Size:  25.1 KB
    What happens if you don't have insurance? The shot's are paid by the Federal Government Correct?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    NY finally opened it up to most people but it's still not easy to get stuck. After all the reports of shitty side effects on the Pfizer and Moderna jabs I want to find a J&J but that's not happening. Even the "easy" ones mean a 90 minute drive which isn't the worst thing but my wife's doc told her she's likely allergic to the Pfizer one so we're waiting. My county had some available but those got booked up within minutes and they have no idea when the next ones will be here. Both the county and NY State's health dept websites have removed their contact info, probably because they're tired of all the phone calls. The county even has it right at the top of the page DO NOT contact us, use the State site to make your appointment.
    90 minuet drive? You have to go into the city? Seems it would be easier outside the City.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    What happens if you don't have insurance? The shot's are paid by the Federal Government Correct?
    Insurance companies are paying providers, ins cos submit to gov for reimbursement. It's dumb. The provider relief fund was set to pay providers for uninsured people under Cares Act. Uninsured folks can search on an HHS website for providers participating in the PRF. Projections are that PRF is going to run out of cash and will have to reauthorized. Seems like the current administration will do so.

Edit-my opinion is that it would have saved a ton of hassle and cost to have people just go get a shot leaving insurance out of it. Sure there would have been some provider fraud. I bet it would have been less than what the private insurance companies are seeking over the Medicare reimbursement rate.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Vaccine is free to all individuals regardless of insurance coverage or lack thereof
    See "Who is paying for the COVID-19 vaccines?" here:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cines/faq.html

I was told the Medical center in Big Sky has vaccines. I called the coordinator and she asked a couple of questions and then said to call the front desk for a phone consult to get scheduled. I did so and the twit at the desk had no clue what I was asking for. She said she would pass my info along. Haven't heard shit.

Meanwhile a friend tells me one of his clients who is Canadian but owns a home in Big Sky got a shot no problem. Another told me when he was in for his that there were tons of young and seemingly healthy folks lining up.

WTF?
    You didn't call the first contact back? You never were in sales were you? SOP to get what you want from someone who wants to give it to you is keep trying.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.