Page 705 of 929 FirstFirst ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 ... LastLast
Results 17,601 to 17,625 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Looks like I'll need to cancel my booster appointment because..... I have Covid.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Hahaha

Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Looks like I'll need to cancel my booster appointment because..... I have Covid.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Shit. It’s a booster. Just not the one you wanted.

Stay well man. Positive healing vibes sent your way.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Hahaha

Sorry

Maybe you got omicron so you can have that out of the way? If not, well, that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The Emperor of China and the Greek letter in question are are not pronounced the same, nor properly written in roman letters the same.
    习 is properly Xí not "Xi" and you ought to say it about like "she"
    χ is equally properly written as Chi vs Xῖ (not "Xi") and pronounced with a hard K like "Kai."
    Thank you!

With XMas on the horizon, you'd think people would be familiar with the letter Xi, but no. We've got too many illiterate malakas.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    We have that already. You can get it at Walgreens.. Only obstacle is stupidity...
    That too.

Since I'm posting, Xi and Chi are distinct Greek letters. Used them both in engineer school. For what, I don't remember. Xi is the squiggly one. We pronounced it "Zai," rhymes with pie (and pi). I remember that much. And there were no Chinese emperors back then.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    That too.

Since I'm posting, Xi and Chi are distinct Greek letters. Used them both in engineer school. For what, I don't remember. Xi is the squiggly one. We pronounced it "Zai," rhymes with pie (and pi). I remember that much. And there were no Chinese emperors back then.
    you are right
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

And there were no Chinese emperors back then.
    Dang, you're older than Jesus.

Got boosted this afternoon. Will be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow. Was asked by a mid-level marketing person right before I left for my appt to reschedule the booster (yeah…. No).

Wife is getting hers tomorrow afternoon (hopefully, I’ll feel good by then). Twins getting dose #2 on Saturday while I’m at work at the hill. Hopefully, my wife will feel good then.

Interview by Slavitt of Katelyn Jetelina (your local epidemiologist) about omicron. https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/omicron

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    I've just been calling it the "Freedumb Variant".
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm preparing for some attacks here:

I'm an athlete that trains and races at a fairly high level these days and I'm kinda getting freaked about getting the booster. Scheduled for over a week from now. I had Pfizers back in March.

I don't have an answer for you, but IMO the question would be what was your reaction to the first two? I haven't had the booster yet either, but for me the first Moderna was a nothing burger except for a sore arm, and the second was like a bad hangover. I don't race anymore, but if I did, I'd probably be fine with a week buffer.

The first shot absolutely wrecked me. Like 10 days of sweats, feeling like shit, insane dreams, body aches the whole thing. Some say that kind of reaction from the first shot meant I already had it.....which I believe cause I got super fucking sick (and a coworker also did and ended up in the hospital) in Jan 2020 "When there is no way we could have had Covid" after working in the house of a bunch of sick Americans who had been living abroad and came to MT for the holidays.

The second shot was 3 days. The fatigue was like a month. Despite training/racing and feeling overall OK all this year I have also felt pretty "off" ever since the vaccines from time to time.

IDK

All the shit about those vaccinated athletes with heart problems now kinda has me freaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm preparing for some attacks here:

I'm an athlete that trains and races at a fairly high level these days and I'm kinda getting freaked about getting the booster. Scheduled for over a week from now. I had Pfizers back in March.
    Are you concerned about myocarditis?
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

I'm an athlete that trains and races at a fairly high level these days
    Expert level skier who identifies as libertarian?

All the shit about those vaccinated athletes with heart problems now kinda has me freaked.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2SK160

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL2N2NW1BX

You might want to read up on the possible long-term cardiac effects of actual Covid. Not an issue, perhaps, if you're socially isolating yourself to protect your elite-level aerobic capacity, but otherwise worth considering.

My bit of anecdotal: Finally 2.5 years out from a broken fib, I'm running more than ever, and my running times are the best they've been in at least a half a decade, I'd say utterly irrelevant to the two Moderna shots I had last Spring. Granted, how the Covid vax might affect someone with, say, a 33 minute 10K time, I'm not in a position to speculate about.

I do get that some people have done rather badly with the vax (though certainly not as chilling as some stories about people with Covid); my wife spent the better (worse) part of a week suffering through at least one of her Moderna shots. And I know that's the kind of thing that can punch a hole in a serious training schedule. Weigh your options I guess. Personally, Covid scares me more.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-am-...ce-11634849777

“Dr. Waxman was senior investigator on a study published in the medical journal Chest in August which found that patients who have recovered from Covid but had no heart or lung disease had markedly reduced aerobic capacity during invasive cardiopulmonary exercise testing, compared with controls. The problem was associated with impaired regulation of blood flow and an inability to use oxygen efficiently, causing patients to feel fatigue, shortness of breath and lightheadedness, and to hyperventilate during exercise.

Dr. Waxman says the researchers believe that the Covid-19 virus triggers an autoimmune response that causes damage to the small nerve fibers that regulate blood vessels. These fibers also regulate other functions in the cardiovascular and gastrointestinal systems.”

Here’s the journal article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8354807/
    “Persistent Exertional Intolerance After COVID-19”
    “Interpretation

Patients who have recovered from COVID-19 without cardiopulmonary disease [they had “mild” symptoms] demonstrate a marked reduction in peak VO2 [compared to a control group] from a peripheral rather than a central cardiac limit, along with an exaggerated hyperventilatory response during exercise.”

Talking about personal covid vaccine side effects was soooooo early summer.

Since I'm posting, Xi and Chi are distinct Greek letters. Used them both in engineer school. For what, I don't remember.
    it’s best not to remember undergrad frat partys

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    it’s best not to remember undergrad frat partys
    I remember... Strike a match and say the entire Greek alphabet before it burns the fingers..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The first shot absolutely wrecked me. Like 10 days of sweats, feeling like shit, insane dreams, body aches the whole thing. Some say that kind of reaction from the first shot meant I already had it.....which I believe cause I got super fucking sick (and a coworker also did and ended up in the hospital) in Jan 2020 "When there is no way we could have had Covid" after working in the house of a bunch of sick Americans who had been living abroad and came to MT for the holidays.

The second shot was 3 days. The fatigue was like a month. Despite training/racing and feeling overall OK all this year I have also felt pretty "off" ever since the vaccines from time to time.

IDK

You think you probably had COVID because of your reaction to the first dose of Moderna's vaccine. If that's the case, I would also attribute your athletic performance issues to having COVID and not the vaccine.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I had the Pfizer shots not Moderna.

I will probably do a new VO2 max test this winter with my coach and I am sure my numbers have improved. I had a kick ass season. Sometimes my chest hurts randomly. I went to the Dr about it over the summer and he did an ekg and bloodword and said everything looks fine. More than likely I am just being psychosomatic (not sure if that's the correct use of that word) since I heard all this crap about athletes having heart problems from covid and/or vaccines.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get my booster. I have to fly to the east coast for Xmas and besides my mom everyone else at any of the xmas stuff will be unvaccinated.

I had the Pfizer shots not Moderna.

I will probably do a new VO2 max test this winter with my coach and I am sure my numbers have improved. I had a kick ass season. Sometimes my chest hurts randomly. I went to the Dr about it over the summer and he did an ekg and bloodword and said everything looks fine. More than likely I am just being psychosomatic (not sure if that's the correct use of that word) since I heard all this crap about athletes having heart problems from covid and/or vaccines.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get my booster. I have to fly to the east coast for Xmas and besides my mom everyone else at any of the xmas stuff will be unvaccinated.
    So you’re worried about getting the booster but you’re going to Christmas on the east coast with a bunch of unvaccinated people and will probably get the booster?

Your doctor said everything is fine, you had a great season but something is off? It’s pretty normal to feel some fatigue after a long hard cycling season. Do you suffer from anxiety?