Page 825 of 929 FirstFirst ... 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,625 of 23206
    my god, you really will argue with anyone and act like you're the more knowledgeable one. I don't need to see another thing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    my god, you really will argue with anyone and act like you're the more knowledgeable one. I don't need to see another thing.
    Your last sentence there, is that a comment on banning or just the personal ignore list?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Your last sentence there, is that a comment on banning or just the personal ignore list?
    personal. He's annoying AF but I haven't been pointed to banworthy material.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

i haven't notice this posted yet (maybe i missed it). it seems useful/helpful. hopefully, policymakers take notice:

Name:  2022feb c19 guidance.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  127.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    personal. He's annoying AF but I haven't been pointed to banworthy material.
    To be clear, I'm not making a ban argument, but I will say: knowingly using a quote to claim the exact opposite of the author's intent is some Ron Johnson level disingenuous bullshit. At least RJ was succinct.

Can Altaslob get some kind of work before the devolution is complete? Popcorn's on.

To be clear, I'm not making a ban argument, but I will say: knowingly using a quote to claim the exact opposite of the author's intent is some Ron Johnson level disingenuous bullshit.
    hence, ignore. That's the only way to deal with blowhards, don't give their sails any wind.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    AD, you live in a small bubble. Go north or south and you will see a major difference. I shop mainly at Metropolean market in Tacoma (Seattle chain, as yuppy as any in the state) and it's 100% mask wearing. But go to Hilltop Safeway, which serves a more diverse lower income clientele and masks are nearly non-existent, despite a law requiring it. The concert I went to last weekend where mask compliance was horrendous was a Greatful Dead cover band at Nectar in Freemont (heart of Seattle).

It just depends on where you hang out in each particular city.
    Im genuinely curious how you can misspell multiple Seattle area locations?

To be clear, I'm not making a ban argument, but I will say: knowingly using a quote to claim the exact opposite of the author's intent is some Ron Johnson level disingenuous bullshit. At least RJ was succinct.
    Like I said, I post links so people can go to the source and read the entire thing themselves. I make it clear in my post what is coming from me, and is my opinion, and what is coming from the source. When I post things unabridged, I get yelled at for not parsing it down.

No, you get yelled at for not posting an accurate summary. A lying summary is not a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Im genuinely curious how you can misspell multiple Seattle area locations?
    I am one of the world's worst spellers. Auto-correct will do that to you.

I am one of the world's worst spellers. Auto-correct will do that to you.
    I'll be interested to see you crack into the native tribe city names then.

No, you get yelled at for not posting an accurate summary. A lying summary is not a substitute.
    I didn't even summarize it. I posted an exact word for word quote with a link to where you can read the same thing in its entirety. Murray says masks reduce infections by 10%. That's what I posted. You can take that either way you want. You can say we should still wear masks because reducing infections by 10% will save lives. Or you can say, reducing infections by 10% is not worth wearing masks anymore.

I posted that Murray mask thing twice in the last couple days. The first time, I posted, from me, "should you wear masks" with the quote and the link. So I think you are Mofro might only be reading the second time I posted it, not realizing I had already posted that with the link.

Bottom line, I want to openly and honestly discuss these topics. If I ever misstate something I welcome and encourage those to correct me.

I've posted Dr. Murray's comment on this issue and linked to where people can read it, unabridged. I haven't tried to hide anything he is saying.

He says mask wearing reduces the risk of infection. I never argued about that. The question is, is it still worth it if the reduction is statistically minimal? How many lives does mask wearing save from here going forward? If it's just a few thousand in the entire country, and limited to unvaccinated and those with comorbidities, do we still make the entire country continue to wear masks to save those people? Governments around the world are increasingly saying, no.
    (post preservation )

Which of your three questions is "The question... ", -snob ?
    Because if mask wearing is "only going to save a few thousand (lives)... "

I 'll repeat that for you, altasnob,
    ( 'How many lives does mask wearing save ... ?' )
    'If it's just a few thousand (lives) ... '

wooley's correct - you are just here to be contrary ( hell, You have acknowledged it yourself - 'trolling (for arguement) ' )

Sunday your howling about the government's vaccination program, and two days later, you are citing "Governments around the world' as supporting your opinion that wearing a mask is not worth any possible benefit -
    after all, what's A FEW THOUSAND lives (?)

from your opening opposition to the vaccination mandate, I have recognized that posts like yours encourage the 'antivacc.' and 'antimask' factions -

Have you seen reports of the violence at school board meetings ?

so.
    don't wear a mask ( that is your choice ) ;
    don't get your kids vaccinated ( Because that's your choice(,) And you demand a vaccine that is Absolutely Safe, not understanding that a fever ( that you and Kimberly J. Wu enhance as 'a severe fever' and 'high fever' ( meaningless terms without definition ( see up-thread ))
    ... not understanding that a fever can be a clinical sign of a Normal , healthy immune response ( of an active immune response to vaccination. exactly what it is intended to do. )

so. don't get your kids vaccinated ( that's your choice ) --

Please, move to Sweden. or Denmark - please --

' see you next time, altasnob.

skiJ

Please.,, be vaccinated - and boostered.

Like I said, I post links so people can go to the source and read the entire thing themselves. I make it clear in my post what is coming from me, and is my opinion, and what is coming from the source. When I post things unabridged, I get yelled at for not parsing it down.
    no. You make nothing clear.

(skiJ)

I didn't even summarize it. I posted an exact word for word quote with a link to where you can read the same thing in its entirety. Murray says masks reduce infections by 10%. That's what I posted. You can take that either way you want. You can say we should still wear masks because reducing infections by 10% will save lives. Or you can say, reducing infections by 10% is not worth wearing masks anymore.

I posted that Murray mask thing twice in the last couple days. The first time, I posted, from me, "should you wear masks" with the quote and the link. So I think you are Mofro might only be reading the second time I posted it, not realizing I had already posted that with the link.

Bottom line, I want to openly and honestly discuss these topics. If I ever misstate something I welcome and encourage those to correct me.
    ( post preservation )

yes. You deliberately misrepresent others, misrepresenting your sources - and your adversaries.

troll on. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    flatten the curve..... 10% less is then 10% less at a time for the hospitals
    The curve has already been flattened bro.

By the time California lifts their state-wide mask law on February 15, new infections will be pre-Omicron wave level (or much lower). So, lets say 100,000 new cases a day for the entire US, as opposed to the 1 million new cases a day at the peak of Omicron. So if mask wearing reduces infection by 10%, you can say masks prevent 10,000 infections a day across the entire US. Is that worth it? You'd have to crunch the case fatality rate for Omicron (much lower than previously in the pandemic) to find out how many lives you would save by reducing infections by 10,000 a day. But like I said, is it worth continuing to wear masks to save a few number of lives going forward? If you answer to this question is yes, why were you not demanding masks prior to the pandemic? That would have saved lives too. Were you this upset at lifting mask laws last Summer when cases were small?

It makes sense to have mask laws when we are expecting a new wave (like right before Omicron hit). And it makes sense to have mask laws during the wave (so right now, today). But it doesn't make sense to have mask laws when infections are very small (like in a week or so down the road).

Bottom line, I want to openly and honestly discuss these topics.
    Complete bullshit and utter lie.

You want to spew shit that YOU believe and want everyone else to do the same.
    You think you know everything, argue with everyone that you indeed do, and then say “oh me oh my, I didn’t say that”.

You are the biggest narcissist on TGR and you don’t think your shit stinks. Nobody here likes that kind of person and therefore you do the rest of the math.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

you need waste water screening . otherwise you have no clue when and where and what.
    Burlington VT does this at some kind of neighborhood level. I wish I knew if my town was.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

You think you know everything, argue with everyone that you indeed do, and then say “oh me oh my, I didn’t say that”.

You are the biggest narcissist on TGR and you don’t think your shit stinks. Nobody here likes that kind of person and therefore you do the rest of the math.
    Damn, called out on so many levels. Impressive for few words.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

you need waste water screening . otherwise you have no clue when and where and what.
    This is why I pee in the sink.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This is why I pee in the sink.

As you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    gutting my covid deer outside...
    Which variant did the deer have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Full text for Rhodes Scholar Oxford/Harvard MD Dr. Murray's opinion on mask usage.

Do you disagree with Rhodes Scholar Oxford/Harvard MD Dr. Murray's actual opinion for continued mask usage?
    Thank you for finally posting this. I’ve been getting tired of Altadouche’s cherry picking from that article. I just haven’t had the energy to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Which variant did the deer have?
    I would really like to know but the GOP has starved the DNR here of any funding that would make it possible to find out. I think deer covids study is fascinating and important.

I also know deer covids is polarizing.

Many hunters, radicalized by the right wing propoganda machine, think the deer covid thing is some part of a laughable liberal conspiracy made up to take eventually away their guns and deer hunting privileges and force them to wear masks in the woods along with their blaze orange. Or something like that. On the deer forums I skim they wasted no time spewing vitriol towards any mention if it, or Joe Biden. They'd hate me too if I posted what I thought of their knee-jerk rejection of the studies.

To the coastal elites it is an opportunity to practice xenophobia against the stupid rednecks who are going into the woods to be infected with and spread the latest variant with their wreckless abandon irresponsible deer hunting. These careless idiots are going to get us all killed. Sort of an Asian bat eaters hate equivalent.

To me, given what information was available at the time, I just felt like being boosted and in the woods with a dead deer was less risky than the meat aisle at Wal Mart where Delta infected herds of people were roaming maskless and alive.

Also my harvested deer can no longer be a variant factory now that he is dead afaik.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk