Page 514 of 929 FirstFirst ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    OMG. That's quite LITERALLY exactly what I was saying at the time too. But I got bashed for wanting to wait for more data. See my point? When certain people like them say something, they're being "scientific" with their approach. So wise. So bold. When I say quite literally the same thing, it's going against "teh SiEnTS!"
    Consensus has been reached concerning the efficacy and safety of the vaccine yet here you are still arguing against it. What’s your excuse for right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    When I say consequential I mean consequential greater than 0. As in the opposite of small. What are you expecting? An actual number?

Forget the tax credit. That was throwing you a bone which - no surprise - you want to turn into a debate. People should be getting vaccinated regardless. The vaccine is already free.

Mandates don't have to be toothless.
    So actual numbers aren't going to be practical, which means we aren't going to be able to reach a decisive conclusion about the effectiveness of mandates. Pretty much the exact opposite of the science on vaccines. You've verified my original point in all of this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, I get that. I almost typed that they want their own Israel, but the potential for someone misunderstanding was too great.

The hubris of their idiotic misread is astounding.
    On second thought, you're probably right that they don't want to be treated better. Persecution may be the drug of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Consensus has been reached concerning the efficacy and safety of the vaccine yet here you are still arguing against it. What’s your excuse for right now?
    AM I arguing against it, though? Thanks for quite beautifully proving my previous point though, mcphee. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I don't offend easily, but I'm pretty fucking offended by these shitforbrains equating public health measures that amount to little more than an inconvenience, and are literally intended to save lives, to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany.

Setting aside their complete ignorance of history, the self-entitled tone-deafness, and victim complexes that ostensibly elevates them to a persecuted class is disgusting.
    Of all the things to be pissed off at and distrustful of our federal government. Of all the things our power structure does to keep people ignorant, suppressed and complacent. Of all the shitty things our society upholds in the name of unlimited consumption and economic growth. They pick public health measures, an essential service of a centralized government to protect and uplift its citizens, to protest against, throw a shit fit about, and ultimately fuck up any good it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    AM I arguing against it, though? Thanks for quite beautifully proving my previous point though, mcphee. Well done.
    No one can tell what you’re fucking doing dude. That’s not a we problem, it’s a you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So actual numbers aren't going to be practical, which means we aren't going to be able to reach a decisive conclusion about the effectiveness of mandates. Pretty much the exact opposite of the science on vaccines. You've verified my original point in all of this. Thank you.
    If a mandate to get vaccinated before the end of the year is put in place, and most of the population ends up vaccinated before the end of the year, was it the mandate or your hot breath making the difference? You know this but your heels are dug in where they shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Is it fear or more likely ignorance? Or maybe a lot of both.
    Both seems most likely.

If a mandate to get vaccinated before the end of the year is put in place, and most of the population ends up vaccinated before the end of the year, was it the mandate or your hot breath making the difference? You know this but your heels are dug in where they shouldn't be.
    You know what speculation is right? What the hell, let me know before you head to the 98118 and maybe I'll come meet you. We can discuss it over some Phø.

It's not rocket surgery, jono. Vaccinations have largely plateaued. If everything else is the same except the mandate and there is a big bump in vaccinations after the mandate it's going to be the mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Don't see a reference to Golden but I've seen several pop up vaxx sites right down where the homeless folks hang out in my town.. and see plenty of references to other places like this..
    Covid vaccines rolled out for Gold Coast homeless, plan for mobile clinics on horizon

They were also offering $100 Visa cards here last wave. Pretty sure that would get MOST of them to roll up their sleeve (several times LOL).
    In Canada there was a big push early on to get to vulnerable populations like virtually anyone in a fly in reserve , homeless and incarcerated people. I'm not sure if that all came to pass super early on as there was some push back but it certainly was on the radar once the old people in LTC were done. Yes and how does one person notice the comings and goings of homeless unless its their job. The big thing is these is not Ebola so you could have 200 people and nobodies dies or they are dying faster from ODs once their CERB cheques came in that anything else?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

That's a great point. Anyone know what's going on with US prisoners? Is there a mandate there? Honest question.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

they did 85% of prince rupert which has alot of FN, I really thot we were doing better at least in BC but its a bunch of mouth breathing guy in the sky worshipping conservative crayon eaters clogging up the ICU
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    How would you answer this question. I have been wasting time in a battle of wits all morning with 3 anti vaxxers

DougW if everything the government is saying and it is deadly as it's made out to be answer me this question. Why has the homeless population not been wiped out? I know there's not many in Golden but in Vernon we have over 250 identified homeless people living in the streets. I live in downtown Vernon and I walk and talk to the homeless people on a regular basis. They do not wear a mask they do not social distance if they get sick they are not able to self isolate. They share needles drugs pipes and live in camps of up to 15 people. So if just one homeless person in Vernon got covid it should affect there whole community yet it is not �� How is this possible???

answer so far Are you trying to be obtuse ? Its not a great mystery, your sample size is 250 of various ages so with the death rate for covid-19 applied its entirely likely that you would have no deaths in that population. How would even tell if they were sick?

running out of patience, ...
    The homeless aren’t dying from Covid because of Skidog’s homeless vaccine outreach program

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    History...

https://perspectives.ushmm.org/item/...y-cause-typhus

Its disingenuous to reframe how the Nazi's disenfranchised the jews without including Typhus.
    The Nazi’s offered the Jews Typhus vaccines, but because they refused then they decided to commit genocide on them?

Thats some special history with uncle deebs

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

or who still somehow think that vaccinated persons can't be super spreaders.
    Are there documented cases of vaccine breakthrough superspreaders? Not superspreader events, but individual vaccinated superspreaders?

The distinction is important because superspreaders can cause upwards of 80% of secondary infections. Even though PCR tests can show similar amounts of virus particles between vax'd and unvax'd — more recent studies also show on average the vax'd have a lower viral load, are infectious for less time, and shed fewer live virus — suggesting documented, as opposed to anecdotal, vax'd superspreaders are rare.

when Texas comes to the big librul woke city to spread their special brand of freedumb

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 2.55.00 PM.png
Views: 287
Size:  280.0 KB

(yes I know it was likely mentioned earlier today)

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The homeless aren’t dying from Covid because of Skidog’s homeless vaccine outreach program

Covid came to BC brought by really nice people who make a lot of money & travel all over the world, early on we had 3 instances of heli skiers in BC bringing covid

whereas everyone avoids homeless people so the physcial distancing is a natural thing and its pretty easy for them to get a free mask
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    That's a great point. Anyone know what's going on with US prisoners? Is there a mandate there? Honest question.
    As of August most prisoners are vaccinated ~80% while most staffers and guards are not ~48%. An increasing number of states have mandated guards get vax'd.

You give the average person far too much credit.

The vaccine and c19 was politicized by both parties well before the election creating the guidelines of whom would follow what path.
    Just look at all the dumbasses who wore masks outside while hiking this year or who still somehow think that vaccinated persons can't be super spreaders.
    I don’t remember anyone actually politicizing the vaccines other than Trump trying to claim it was all because of him. I remember that Biden/Harris said they wouldn’t get the vaccine because Trump said to but they would get it if the consensus in the scientific community said it was a good idea.

I only saw a very small amount of people wearing masks outdoors hiking and I think the idea that vaccinated individuals are super spreaders has been explained to be wrong. I think that was mostly a common misunderstanding about vaccines work. You’re entitled to your opinion though, I will continue to listen to the scientific community and not the media and politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    That's a great point. Anyone know what's going on with US prisoners?
    Prisoners will be fine. They’re getting ivermectin whether they want it or not.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/02/10335...ounty-arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I don’t remember anyone actually politicizing the vaccines other than Trump trying to claim it was all because of him. I remember that Biden/Harris said they wouldn’t get the vaccine because Trump said to but they would get it if the consensus in the scientific community said it was a good idea.

I only saw a very small amount of people wearing masks outdoors hiking and I think the idea that vaccinated individuals are super spreaders has been explained to be wrong. I think that was mostly a common misunderstanding about vaccines work. You’re entitled to your opinion though, I will continue to listen to the scientific community and not the media and politicians.

Agreed. I would also point out, and maybe others have done this already up thread, but from a practical standpoint, the red hats taking a stance of being ant-vaccination only means more that share their views die off in greater numbers thus reducing their chance to vote MAGA candidates into office.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed. I would also point out, and maybe others have done this already up thread, but from a practical standpoint, the red hats taking a stance of being ant-vaccination only means more that share their views die off in greater numbers thus reducing their chance to vote MAGA candidates into office.
    I recall it being mentioned somewhat recently that more people have died of Covid in Florida than DeSantis's margin of victory. (Which isn't to say that I have great hopes for Florida, in any case.)

If that happens it will indeed be a glorious day. And I, for one, intend to celebrate by traveling to the 98118 in the faintest hope of greeting the mighty and virtuous Mazderati and tell the tale for all to hear. That I might always remember that in the year twenty twenty something, the dread knight Mazderati did travel in celebration of his might and his virtue--which was known throughout the TRG's. Indeed, for the shining armor of the great knight had been seen slaying all the dragons and all the dragon keepers and their children all the friends of the dragon keepers and the people who spoke in defense of the friends of the children of the dragon keepers. And in that armor he greeted any who held aloft a finger or squinted his eyes at the sight of the carnage with a really mean look that lasted at least 2 seconds, but sometimes more. And his castle was even more famous than his shining armor, for he never failed to harbor the local people within its Bailey whenever there was a dragon in the land. Or a rumor of a dragon. Or a smell wafting on the breezes of a pet who might have once seen a dragon or whose owner's uncle was said to have been pro-dragon before he disappeared last summer just before the All Star game. And with the local peasants safe within the Bailey the dread knight Mazderati would don his armor in the walls of his fearsome Motte. And yea, though it was dark in there and he saw not of his enemy, the great and virtuous Mazderati would strike out through the arrow loops and keyholes of the Motte with his lance and a really long hairpin until it was drenched in blood. The lance, usually. Sometimes the hairpin.

And so it was that he emerged from his Motte in the year twenty twenty something, holding aloft his blood-soaked lance and saw the carnage before him. Then did he take the blood of his enemies and his enemies' pets and the friends of their pets and the fourth grade teacher who had fallen within the Bailey and drew upon his shining armor in the shape of a cross across his chest so that all throughout the land would know his virtue.

And I will tell them that I was there when, lo, he did descend upon the 98118 in triumph wearing his bloody breastplate and a monokini with a g-string so offensive that none dared look upon him and was able to purchase--with only the fame of his virtue and $6.53 (most of which he found in his couch so he needed borrow only five pennies from some dentist)--the finest bowl of Phø in all the 98118. And his fame spread widely from the TRG's to include nearly 500 square feet in the 98118. And there was great rejoicing.

It's gonna be epic, man.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

That's one helluva man date.
    Move upside and let the man go through...