Page 128 of 929 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    I'm a Kaiser member and I registered early on. Once you become eligible, you have to call a phone number to get your wait-list placement (after you enter all your info every time) and I was like 49,625 last time I checked. Which is insane, and I can't seem to snag any local appointments.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    My neighbor is in the same boat. She's eligible because she's a HC worker at Kaiser, did what you're saying very early on in mid January. She just got her first dose last week. She made it sound like her only option for getting vaxed was through Kaiser since she works there, because I had asked if she could just sign up at walgreens like I did. Anyhow, I guess it worked out but it sounds like you have a similar issue.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    My neighbor is in the same boat. She's eligible because she's a HC worker at Kaiser, did what you're saying very early on in mid January. She just got her first dose last week. She made it sound like her only option for getting vaxed was through Kaiser since she works there, because I had asked if she could just sign up at walgreens like I did. Anyhow, I guess it worked out but it sounds like you have a similar issue.
    AFAIK, she was wrong. You can get it anywhere, free of charge.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If you worked at a Hospital why would you get it anywhere else?

I can't wait to see what yall start complaining about a couple months from now.

On a side note, I now take 6 separate prescription's each day. One of them is a shot. And here's how wild I am, I use the same needle 4 or 5 days in a row. So I get to be one of the old fuckers who can go on and on about drugs and my aches and pains for hours on end.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    If you worked at a Hospital why would you get it anywhere else?

I can't wait to see what yall start complaining about a couple months from now.
    jesus fuck, do you even read and try to process what people write? Adolf clearly implied that his friend had a hard time getting the vax through Kaiser even though she worked there, but she thought she had no other options. I was pointing out that to my knowledge her understanding was wrong.

As for your question of "If you worked at a Hospital why would you get it anywhere else?", the answer is if the "anywhere else" could get you a vaccine significantly sooner. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    text from who? State? County? Vac site where you're volunteering? Insurance company? Dr?
    Washington State Phase Finder

I signed up the other day just to see if it worked.

20 mins ago my 75 yo neighbor told me (without actually saying it) that she's not getting vaccinated.

So anyone feeling conflicted... don't.

Fucking selfish assholes.

My Mom went to the doctor today and the nurse that was doing the intital work up for her appt told her she wasn't getting vaccinated.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

That’s wild that health care workers won’t take it, KQ. My Mom has experienced the same thing.

Got Pfizer jab 2 about 8 hours ago. Felt fucking great for 7.5hrs. Nice long walk. Grilling chicken and pork chops. Playing sports with my kids.
    Last 30mins I started to feel funky and my neck started to ache.
    Then...I got the shits. Looks like tonight is going to be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    That’s wild that health care workers won’t take it, KQ. My Mom has experienced the same thing.

Got Pfizer jab 2 about 8 hours ago. Felt fucking great for 7.5hrs. Nice long walk. Grilling chicken and pork chops. Playing sports with my kids.
    Last 30mins I started to feel funky and my neck started to ache.
    Then...I got the shits. Looks like tonight is going to be awesome
    Bad Chicken? Seriously. ??
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I got Pfizer round 1 today in Teton County, ID. No issues or side affects so far- I cleaned the house and went skiing after.

It seemed like there were a lot of appointment slots open. Someone said that next week is when everyone will be able to sign up. This week you are still supposed to be over a certain age or have some other qualification (health issue, essential worker, etc). I'm somehow considered an essential worker in Idaho, so I qualified but I really don't think it mattered. I wasn't asked anything about how I was qualified. It seemed like anyone who wanted a vaccine could get one today.

Looks like tonight is going to be awesome
    Oh....I'm sorry! At least you know it's temporary and not going to be a week of the flu or a cold that hangs on forever.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Lets break this down a bit.

We have 102 per ~1.2 Million vaxxed, or roughly 8 per 100,000 who have been vaccinated, that have come down with disease. Let's round to 10, to get 0.01% of those vaccinated being "breakthrough" cases.

The current rate of CoV2 infection in the state of WA is 131/100,000. or 0.13%.

Math says 0.13-0.01/0.13 = a ~93% reduction of infection rate the vaccinated group. Very much right in line with the clinical trials.

There are real life scenarios (healthcare) where vax'd are being tracked by rtPCR weekly regardless of of symptoms, and all of these studies are pretty much saying the same thing.
    Thanks for that! One question: I don't think this changes it by a huge factor, but should the comparison be with how many new infections have happened in the same time period in gen pop? If that pushes it up a little (but fudging down because faster vaccinations more recently/not all million go back to Feb 1) maybe real close to 95%?

Regardless of the exact effectiveness, if ~0.1% of vaccinated people get it per year that looks stellar.

Yeah dude, I agree. I think she could've gone elsewhere. Maybe she wanted to wait and see how the first few million people dosed went? Also, not necessarily a friend, just someone in my hood.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Got me. Guess they're jumping the gun on April 15th
    Good. Getting some guts to color outside the lines. Good decision. Are you still going to do the volunteer thing?

If you really want to and can't get a Vax then Moran you are.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Good. Getting some guts to color outside the lines. Good decision. Are you still going to do the volunteer thing?
    Yup. I signed up and they rely on you showing up so Saturday it is! It will do me good. Been a while since I've volunteered for anything.

20 mins ago my 75 yo neighbor told me (without actually saying it) that she's not getting vaccinated.

So anyone feeling conflicted... don't.

Fucking selfish assholes.
    my 79 year old mom drove down from Iowa to south Florida and stayed with my Sister, BIL she has been the a month got her second shot today. I don't think the vaccine was hey primary reason for the road trip and long visit. But it was a factor. Living in Cresco Iowa she had no idea when she could get vaccinated probably about now? In Florida = vaccine vacation destination. NP
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Bad Chicken? Seriously. ??
    Ha. Don’t think so. I know of a grip of others that got a case of the runs after round two.

Ha. Don’t think so. I know of a grip of others that got a case of the runs after round two.
    I know. But I had to Right? This is TGR. And the symptom's, just like when you get something from the buffet.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I wonder if we tracked vaccinations by income, or vaccinations by race, whether it would look remotely fair and equitable. And our own experiences are anecdotal, but I am someone who was able to navigate the fucked up system and could still see that it was fucked up, as my job and resources allowed me to find an appointment far easier than others.
    For sure. It would not be equitable.

Here though, anyone who does notnidentofy as white or who lives with someone who does not identify as white have been eligible for a long time.

And the multiple indian reservations in western montana have the highest uptake of anyone, and are sharing with non-tribal members now, and have been for awhile.

This seems like one of the more equitable attempts of anything I have seen in my life. Still, I am sure we could do better.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Got me. Guess they're jumping the gun on April 15th
    KQ - I received the same txt from the WA State Phase Finder, at 2:49p. I dont understand how, I'm at the back of the list. It doesn't really seem to be a golden ticket, as every place I've checked for an appt is requiring me to answer the same questions again before accessing any scheduler, so my personal ethics are in play. The txt says I can show it at the appt to confirm eligibility, but I would have to book an appt first.

Sciency mags, how critical is it that the 2nd jab be at the precise time interval? Is there anything to be concerned about if I can't get it till 5 days later? Heck, will the provider even let me put it off those extra days?

Danno - see Canada.

5 days will not make a difference.

After getting Pfizer today I was told I could make an appointment from 21-28 days out for round 2.

Edit to add- that may be dictated more by supply here in ID. They said they could guarantee a vaccine for at the 3 week or 4 week mark (the hospital here only vaccinates on Thursdays). After that, they didn't know if they'd have Pfizer.

I did hear that Canada is pushing out to 4 months for round 2.
    Last edited by Kevo; 04-01-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks y'all

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Vaccination site won't let me book an appointment for my son until he actually turns 16. I want to book an appointment now for next week to get ahead of the rush (he's 16 in 5 days). I have a feeling when I open up the scheduler at 7am on his birthday, we are going to be a few weeks out.

Frustrating, although we are keeping him pretty isolated, so I suppose I shouldn't complain that much. Just seems like making an appointment for when he's 16 shouldn't be a big deal.
    Same experience here. CA is opening to everyone over 16 on April 15. I went on to see if I could schedule an appt for after that date. No dice, "It's not your turn yet". Um, yeah I know that, but it will be on Apr 15. Hadn't even thought to fudge eligibility, just tried again and as L2S notes below there are no appointments available.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Tried to register today. NO appointments available in San Diego County
    Interesting, when I checked a few days ago I ended up on the myturn.ca.gov website which linked through to all sorts of providers....Vons, Albertsons, Walgreens, CVS etc. They all showed availability for one or two types of vaccine. Now only Vons shows up, and all locations show no appointments. Then I look at the SD County site which only lists the super vaccination sites, and they all show no appointments available as well.

I imagine it will be an even bigger mess on 4/15 when everyone gets a notification that they're now available. Maybe I'll give it a month or two...