Page 573 of 929 FirstFirst ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,325 of 23206
    unfortunately we had to suffer thru pages of you acting like a stupid cunt who understood nothing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    ....increasing the odds of not getting infected at all upon an exposure from (Delta) 2/3 to ~7/8-9/10.
    Yeah, it would be nice to see that updated post-delta. And of course with data from further out after vaccination.

These odds of stopping any infection should speak to why front line vectors have a separate argument, too.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    unfortunately we had to suffer thru pages of you acting like a stupid cunt who understood nothing
    it actually appears I understand quite a bit....looks like the science is still checking...

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    it actually appears I understand quite a bit....looks like the science is still checking...
    Learning that today might not be your proudest victory. Notable how the science indicates that front line workers have an extra reason for a boost beyond b and t cells.

“the science” is always checking. You should own your inability to grasp that.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice if this state of affairs became the default but we've been here before. It's Pages & Pages & Pages of thrunting followed by capitulation and conciliation only to start the process all over again with the next hot button issue.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    With a manual transmission, I hope
    What kind of question is this? Are we barbarians?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Thats the nature of Science, you simpleton.

Edit: Bennymac beat me to it..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Learning that today might not be your proudest victory. Notable how the science indicates that front line workers have an extra reason for a boost beyond b and t cells.
    Didnt sound like Mofro was saying that at all, sounded like a good number of scientists might actually think a booster isnt necessary at all...

except it would appear that nobody else reading this believes you and so this will play out again tomorrow

more than anything shots need to get into the unvaccinated before worrying about boosters

Didnt sound like Mofro was saying that at all, sounded like a good number of scientists might actually think a booster isnt necessary at all...
    What do the words "outside of increasing the odds of not getting infected at all upon an exposure" mean to you? Before you answer consider that, for front line workers, the odds of becoming a vector if infected are much higher than for the general population. So if a booster increases the odds of not getting infected at all when they are exposed, would that have an obvious benefit?

Skidogs thinking is like a Top Fuel Dragster without the wheelie bar: Full throttle and an instant backflip. Going nowhere fast.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wife unit has the option to take the Pfizer vaccination. She is a health care worker, a case manager, on a respiratory floor. Patients get diagnosed and sent to the COVID unit. She does not have direct patient contact care. Visits rooms occasionally and sets up discharge plans/orders, etc.

Using my google-physician skills, who the hell knows the answer to this one.

PA student daughter says, hell no, rushed through production, rushed trials, after effects unknown, effectiveness unknown. Don't do it.

My suggestion was let some others take it first, see what happens.

Side effects are negligible to fairly severe. Depending on the study, 2%-15% suffer side effects. Mostly minor, but there are exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    I would hope a health care worker has a treating doctor who she trusts. That seems like a much better source of information than some jongs on a ski forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Are the side effects less severe than dying of COVID?

hey, guys...

I thought it would be interesting to look-back at the origin of this thread -

it pales in comparison to Mofro's new information ( one-third of people infected by coronavirus do not have immunity to reinfection, compared to on-tenth of people who have been vaccinated ( If I understood his post correctly )

no.
    rereading Mofro's follow-up, I believe the testing is a measure of antibodies, Not ultimate immunity ; Bcells and Tcells Are important to immunity, and are not reflected in this testing, so the percentages that are at-risk of reinfection are believed to be lower ( possibly significantly lower ) ;
    but for me, this does give pause to the idea that antibody testing is diagnostic or definitive ( for anything ) ) -

the other thought I thought I could offer, is, to the idea of antibody testing, or testing regarding the potential for transmission, it would be my claim, we already have the latter, and I would ask if the former is necessary beyond a desire for individual Information -

testing for transmissibility - we have that. depending on the level of confidence you want, the coronavirus / covid tests tell whether or not an individual has coronavirus -
    an individual who tests negative for coronavirus / covid is unlikely ( but not absolutely certain to not have coronavirus/covid. If you need certainty that a person is not transmitting coronavirus/covid, that person should remain isolated. ) ;

I understand the desire to have antibody testing - especially for people who claim they have immunity to covid from infection -

the claim I am here to make is as a matter of pandemic response, And cost effectiveness, there is a more cost effective option - Vaccination.

the bill for all of this is going to come due -
    right now, the cost of most of this is being added to 'merica's national debt - - ( edit. Each country, for that matter )

If you want an antibody test, that's fine, If you can pay for it. but

But as a matter of trying to limit the disease ( and limit the spread of the disease ),

Vaccination is the cost-effective tool.

Not so much has changed, since TNKen opened this thread in December 2020 -

more profane and more vulgar and still entertaining at times --

My thanks to those who are contributing useful information - Mofro, Multi-, MUnicorn, and LSL for sure ( there are others )

respectfully. tj

I fully believe vaccines work...never once argued that, just stating this clearly.
    Not saying you did, but plenty that have and do.

What do the words "outside of increasing the odds of not getting infected at all upon an exposure" mean to you? Before you answer consider that, for front line workers, the odds of becoming a vector if infected are much higher than for the general population. So if a booster increases the odds of not getting infected at all when they are exposed, would that have an obvious benefit?

Yeah, there are two related but separate issues with boosters 1) immunology & 2) epidemiology. Are we offering boosters to people in high-risk occupations to protect them because they're at high risk for severe disease or for the safety of the workplace and to keep them on the job?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, there are two related but separate issues with boosters 1) immunology & 2) epidemiology. Are we offering boosters to people in high-risk occupations to protect them because they're at high risk for severe disease or for the safety of the workplace and to keep them on the job?
    Without putting words in her mouth: yes.

And for the safety of customers in retail settings as well as the safety of the employees. Old people and immunocompromised are likely to feel more comfortable going to the pharmacy store and grocery store if they know the staff is as highly vaccinated as the system allows them to be..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    And for the safety of customers in retail settings as well as the safety of the employees. Old people and immunocompromised are likely to feel more comfortable going to the pharmacy store and grocery store if they know the staff is as highly vaccinated as the system allows them to be..
    It has become a vicious cycle. People don't feel safe because of high disease rates. Disease rates are high because vax rates are lower than they should be. Vax rates are lower because anti-vax sentiment is currently driven by breakthrough infection and booster talk with people seeing it as a sign the vaccines are not working...

this make it here yet?

Medical experts are warning the public of a dangerous trend that has been spreading on social media where people are skipping intensive care units and instead treating COVID at home by inhaling hydrogen peroxide through the use of a nebulizer.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...ive-trend.html

It has become a vicious cycle. People don't feel safe because of high disease rates. Disease rates are high because vax rates are lower than they should be. Vax rates are lower b/c anti-vax sentiment is driven by breakthrough infection and booster talk with people seeing it as a sign the vaccines are not working...
    But horse dewormer and fish tank cleaner are clearly better options to these folks..

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    this make it here yet?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

this make it here yet?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Perfect! More EMS and healthcare facility resources for everyone else..

this make it here yet?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    But horse dewormer and fish tank cleaner are clearly better options to these folks..
    Has iodine fallen out of favor so quickly?

The provincial gov is going to give boosters to everyone in care homes next week, they were the 1st people to get the vax probably back in feb/march