Page 528 of 929 FirstFirst ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... LastLast
Results 13,176 to 13,200 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    “We’re hearing from all these doctors and professionals who have all this education and they’re basically begging us to get the vaccination. The people that are telling us not to, they’re not as educated as these doctors, and they’re following social media. It doesn’t matter if you’re a donkey or an elephant. It is a personal choice, but the numbers don’t lie,” Daryl Rise told KLXY.
    Hard to believe the simple common sense of a guy like Daryl Rise is in such short supply in Idaho.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

More anecdotal evidence but here in Issaquah where hospitals aren’t quite yet to crisis level I found it shocking to learn that the local hospital’s ICU has regularly been staffed 100% by travel nurses on a lot of shifts lately. Not a knock on travel nurses as my wife was one herself many years ago but it’s indicative of just how many veteran full time employees are utterly spent and burnt out after 18 months of this and have nothing left in the tank to deal with fuckwits who won’t even help themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Honestly it’s such bullshit that people with non Covid related issues are getting the shaft. Time for all hospitals to start allocating a limited portion of ICU resources to Covid care and thus keeping it open and functional for those that didn’t have a choice to be there

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Nothing gets by you!
    just calling em as i see em
    balls & strikes

Exactly. They are leaving because they’ve had enough of this bullshit that coulda been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Exactly. They are leaving because they’ve had enough of this bullshit that coulda been prevented.
    My wife is taking a job in industry, and leaving direct patient care, after 30 years as an RN (WOCN). She’s burned out by the stupidity of her patients and some of her coworkers. So much ignorance, much of it willful.

I support her decision 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    More anecdotal evidence but here in Issaquah where hospitals aren’t quite yet to crisis level I found it shocking to learn that the local hospital’s ICU has regularly been staffed 100% by travel nurses on a lot of shifts lately. Not a knock on travel nurses as my wife was one herself many years ago but it’s indicative of just how many veteran full time employees are utterly spent and burnt out after 18 months of this and have nothing left in the tank to deal with fuckwits who won’t even help themselves.

It's pretty common unfortunately. They do make bank though, 100-150/hr.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    It's pretty common unfortunately. They do make bank though, 100-150/hr.
    I know a hospital in Florida paying travelers $7000/week. The agency takes a cut on top of that, so the hospital is paying $10k-ish per week per nurse. Unreal.

Name:  drug.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  86.1 KB

Seem to me that the hospitals' woes are a self-inflicted wound. Yeah, Covid #s are a big problem, but THEY chose to lay off large swathes of their staff during 2020 and then got caught with their pants down during Delta after they had a hard time re-staffing. It's one of those "no shit, Sherlock" moments. Hard to feel bad for them when many a for-profit hospital system laid off staff whilst raking in record profits and paying outsized bonuses to their execs.

Truly sucks for the people who need non-Covid related care, but again, reduced bed capacity is due to staffing. Heads need to roll in the C-Suite. But nope! They'll just get another $20MM this year, give or take a few mil.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Yawn, I think we did this one a few weeks ago.

MF recycling arguments again.

Is it time in this thread for “it’s just a flu” - that took a bakers dozen attempts over a 12 month span before it fizzled out.

We could go with “we should do Sweden” - that one stays fresh

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Its the HOSPITALS’ fault that they are full of unvaccinated COVID-19 patients!!!

LOL!

If only they had a bit more capacity, there would be no problem!

This is the average American. Stupider than a box of rocks (rocks dont believe outright false things) but arrogant as hell that he is so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Is it time in this thread for “it’s just a flu” - that took a bakers dozen attempts over a 12 month span before it fizzled out.

Apparently Florida's new "Surgeon General" is a fan of doing Sweden... so I expect an uptick in that horseshit in this thread soon.

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Money talks and bullshit walks

I just don’t get the “they are all going to walk” argument. All of these people have easily transferable skills that will get them a job with an organization that doesn’t require vaccination or are financially independent or have a spouse that can cover all the bills without a vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I just don’t get the “they are all going to walk” argument. All of these people have easily transferable skills that will get them a job with an organization that doesn’t require vaccination or are financially independent or have a spouse that can cover all the bills without a vaccine?
    I already addressed this, for the most part they’re not quitting. It’s just a temper tantrum.

As far as staffing, staff are leaving to travel and make more money. It’s a racket. Addressing MF blaming hospitals that’s just regurgitated click bait headlines. We can staff beds, a good portion of them are full of Covid patients and we need a margin for inpatient care so we adjudicate “elective” surgeries to maintain the ability to care for the patients already in the hospital.

Hospital executives making bank is a separate issue but it makes people like Austin feel better to blame the man.

The great resignation—how do we support and retain staff already stretched to their limit?

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/09/21...eVEgkVdhethM3Y

“ Eighteen unbroken months of responding to a pandemic have taken a brutal toll. Experiences of inadequate personal protective equipment (PPE), moral distress, challenging ethical decisions, colleagues debilitated and dying, all while striving to provide the best patient care, have left many disillusioned and wounded. This cohort of people are often not on the radar of their employers because they keep working to a high standard until they burn out and quietly withdraw from the job, unnoticed by the system.

The silent loss of highly skilled “go to colleagues”—expert clinicians, mentors, trainers, and key communicators—has a significant impact on patient care, training, career progression, and the workload of colleagues who remain. Loss of this “support framework” may add to the existing pressure on doctors from a high workload, leading to increased burnout, more adverse incidents, and greater patient harm.“

Last night on PBS when they were reporting that we'd passed the number of deaths for the Spanish flu they had an expert who said "well.... if you think of the population then and adjust for our population now that would really equal 2m deaths in today's world so we're not even close."

So it's not the flu?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...VEe81sVH80YayE

A good short read on what is happening to society & why

and if it makes you feel better the exact same thing has reached the narth

acccording to ski bro MD, people are denying they are sick with covid
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-22-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Last night on PBS when they were reporting that we'd passed the number of deaths for the Spanish flu they had an expert who said "well.... if you think of the population then and adjust for our population now that would really equal 2m deaths in today's world so we're not even close."

So it's not the flu?
    Either way that's still a lot of dead people. And we will never know if a more robust, heck, any response more than what we did, would have reduced that number. I'm pretty sure it would have.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Either way that's still a lot of dead people.
    And we sure as hell ain't done yet. U.S. still around 2,000 deaths per day.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

So it's not the flu?
    Well we have a vaccine this time around, so account for all those prevented deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And we sure as hell ain't done yet. U.S. still around 2,000 deaths per day.
    And FL accounting for 19% of the daily deaths while representing only 7% of the US population, but folks like MF/Austin and others think it's no big deal what's going on there, plenty of hospital capacity, etc. Something about being willfully ignorant.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that