Page 431 of 929 FirstFirst ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,775 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What is unproven and dangerous? Who gets to decide this? The single doctor treating the patient? Judges are not experts in any field. Yet, they decide controversies IN EVERY field. That is a premise of our entire judicial system.

In this case, the judge reviewed evidence presented by both sides and decided for this particular patient, at this particular moment, the treatment is advisable. That does not mean the judge thinks it is advisable for all patients. And again, if it was Trumptard judge making an incorrect ruling, the hospital/doctor is free to appeal. And there are mechanisms to get the issue in front of the next court immediately, because time is of the essence.
    Well that's just it man. They haven't tested using this dewormer and figured out what dosage is effective, if any dosage is effective at all. I guess I wasn't privy to the evidence presented. Maybe there is zero risk to the patient, but I have heard of poisoning happening from this treatment, granted those were by morons self administering. I guess any MD forced to provide the medication is going to know how to administer it without causing harm to the patient? Is that what the judge is counting on in this case? I don't care if it's a trumptard judge or libtard judge, I just find it interesting that they can compel healthcare providers to use unproven and untested medications at least with regard to how it works at combating COVID-19.

I'll put it another way, in response to your what's unproven and dangerous....and who gets to decide. I would think the dewormers would need to go through similar testing as that for vaccinations and other medications to make sure they're safe and effective. Who decides? FDA I would guess.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

What is unproven and dangerous? Who gets to decide this? The single doctor treating the patient? Judges are not experts in any field. Yet, they decide controversies IN EVERY field. That is a premise of our entire judicial system.

In this case, the judge reviewed evidence presented by both sides and decided for this particular patient, at this particular moment, the treatment is advisable. That does not mean the judge thinks it is advisable for all patients. And again, if it was Trumptard judge making an incorrect ruling, the hospital/doctor is free to appeal. And there are mechanisms to get the issue in front of the next court immediately, because time is of the essence.
    the hospital presented no information, the wife presented newspaper articles. Yes, newspaper articles.

Dudes been on a vent for a month now.

I can sympathize with the wife, but I don’t think “googling shit and dumping the problem on the medical system” is good policy.

Except that attorneys can't file a frivolous lawsuit. And anyone who thinks that law is not enforced should go look at what is happening to Sidney Powell.
    OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Okay thanks. Maybe houseful is bad framing.. we plan to entertain outdoors with our patio doors wide open even before this.
    Stash the old folks outside- make sure they have a comfortable place to site the entire time so they don't feel left out or need to go inside to find a good place to sit. Otherwise, dont share drinks, dont play loud music so you have to lean in to hear people, and just generally be cognizant of maintaining fresh-air between you and everyone else. Treat it as though you have some rank BO that you dont really want others smelling, and act accordingly. You cannot 100% prevent spread, so just do your best to mitigate it without placing undue burden on your life and those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the hospital presented no information, the wife presented newspaper articles. Yes, newspaper articles.
    Why didn't the hospital present any evidence? A judge has to view the evidence that is before them (not consider evidence outside the record). If the hospital presented no evidence, then there is nothing to refute the wife's evidence, no matter how ridiculous. Did the wife find at least one doctor to sign an affidavit saying the patient needed Ivermectin?

And again, the reason the hospital didn't present any evidence is they don't care about the outcome. They just don't want to be sued. And now they have that court order insulating them from liability.

The Judge has no fucking idea what he’s ruling about. Full Stop.

It’s a builshit ruling and the fact that you are defending it, shows how stupid you are.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Did the wife find at least one doctor to sign an affidavit saying the patient needed Ivermectin?
    yes, so what? I linked to the filing, you can read that pile of shit if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    @altasnob

Couple of months ago I was sued for $3.5 mil over a 3 year old fender bender. Went to Zoom court and watched Jake from State Farm square off against Dewey, Cheetem & Howe in Issaquah. DC&H could use your talents. Send me a pm if you're looking to join a firm where you can use your skill set.
    Dan Samas?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    In other news, apparently Kid Rock is still alive! I guess it was just his career that died.
    He has a house on my local lake here in PA…….(Lake Wallenpaupack). Likes to party in “the cove”.

So I guess you could say his career is dead if you buy a house on a lake in Pennsylvania…..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Kid Rock Cancels Shows As COVID-19 Hits Band After Concert At Sturgis Rally
    He failed to “own the libs” after all with what was supposed to be a coronavirus-defying Sturgis performance, smirked one Twitter critic.

The rally contributed to an already growing rate of coronavirus cases in the state. South Dakota COVID-19 cases soared 456% from the start of the rally to last week, CBS News reported
    Some quality tweets came out of this. My fav: "My name is coviiiiiiiiiiid!"

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    He has a house on my local lake here in PA…….(Lake Wallenpaupack). Likes to party in “the cove”.

So I guess you could say his career is dead if you buy a house on a lake in Pennsylvania…..lol.
    He's reportedly worth $100million. I wish my career were that dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    So what's the recourse for an activist judge in such a case?
    vote them off the bench provided they aren't Federal.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

the antivaxxers are starting to scream louder.... like a cornered animal.
    i don´t like it.
    but as a "normal" citizen how much to i have to take from there bullshit.
    i am not a nurse or affected by covid at all (for now) but the restrictions and lockdowns and curfews
    are definitely reducing my freedom

i had to read the wiki page about clapton, what an idiot.

That's one way to go. But don't underestimate the value of a nice gift chimp.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Except that attorneys can't file a frivolous lawsuit. And anyone who thinks that law is not enforced should go look at what is happening to Sidney Powell.
    They already sued to get horse pills. It’s America, you can sue for any damn thing you want to sue about. Of course they could still sue the hospital. Why do you hate America?

Also, time as you say, isn’t of the essence. Dudes been on a vent for over 3 weeks. He ain’t going anywhere. Except maybe the ground
    Last edited by mcski; 08-30-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    WWMD?
    An anti-vax person at work I had contact with stayed home due to close contact with a covid positive person. She tested yesterday and apparently just found out negative. While I’m partially relieved - but still a bit concerned about trusting her or the process. I’m vaccinated and today is my boys 7th bday. We have a houseful coming over. Everyone is vaccinated except my sister & BIL who’s 1 shot down. My nearly 90 year old grandparents are coming.
    Should I shut down the get together?
    Instead of serving them alcohol, serve them a shot of bleach before they come inside the house. I hear that is 100% effective. Heard it from some dude at the WH last year. So, it's got to be legit.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The anti-vaxxer movement and white people dying because of their 'freedoms' is a time-honored American tradition. And by American tradition that includes the Americas, the northern landmass going back before 'America' even existed.

It seems we do this every 100 years: https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/s...60194276659203

The judge in the case was appointed, not voted. Washington State elects their judges, but most places appoint, which is considered a better way to remove political bias from the judiciary.

The patient's doctor prescribed Ivermectin. The hospital (fighting against Ivermectin) presented no evidence to contradict the patient's doctor that Ivermectin was in their best interest (the hospital essentially was waiving the white flag). It would have taken an activist judge to NOT rule for the patient in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    He's reportedly worth $100million. I wish my career were that dead.
    His music still sucks and he's a piece of shit...so

The judge in the case was appointed, not voted. Washington State elects their judges, but most places appoint, which is considered a better way to remove political bias from the judiciary.

The patient's doctor prescribed Ivermectin. The hospital (fighting against Ivermectin) presented no evidence to contradict the patient's doctor that Ivermectin was in their best interest (the hospital essentially was waiving the white flag). It would have taken an activist judge to NOT rule for the patient in this case.
    Dude... come on... I know this shit.

and BTW my father was appointed to the municiple court bench, the superior court bench and the appellate court bench in Seattle. He ran for election once but was otherwise unopposed the entire time he was on the bench.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

patient's doctor prescribed Ivermectin. The hospital (fighting against Ivermectin) presented no evidence to contradict the patient's doctor that Ivermectin was in their best interest (the hospital essentially was waiving the white flag). It would have taken an activist judge to NOT rule for the patient in this case.
    calling him “the patients doctor” is a stretch not consistent with the facts as represented. What happened
    s. Smith sought the medical adviceofDr. Waghsul with regard to her husband's prior medical history, current medical condition, and the usage of Ivermectin in treating Covid-19 and its afier effects. 30. Dr. Wagshulis oneof theforemostexpertson using Ivermectinintreating Covid-19and a founding member of the Frontline Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance; he supports the use of Ivermectin to treat Jeffrey, and prescribed Ivermectin to him.

The judge in the case was appointed, not voted. Washington State elects their judges, but most places appoint, which considered a better way to remove the judge from politics.

So the hospital can have his "doctor" administer the ivermectin I would assume, which would completely keep them from any responsibility for the outcome of using an unproven treatment for COVID-19? I know the bleach thing is used as a joke because of Trump, but in all seriousness, lets say this doc had prescribed bleach instead of ivermectin. Does that mean the hospital would have to administer it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    So the hospital can have his personal physician administer the ivermectin I would assume, which would completely keep them from any responsibility for the outcome of using an unproven treatment for COVID-19? I know the bleach thing is used as a joke because of Trump, but in all seriousness, lets say this doc had prescribed bleach instead of ivermectin. Does that mean the hospital would have to administer it?
    he has to have privileges to administer the drug at the hospital.

he has to have privileges to administer the drug at the hospital.
    right, that was said earlier...appreciate the reminder. I wouldn't want to be the doctor forced to administer it at the hospital.

Why didn't the hospital present any evidence? A judge has to view the evidence that is before them (not consider evidence outside the record). If the hospital presented no evidence, then there is nothing to refute the wife's evidence, no matter how ridiculous. Did the wife find at least one doctor to sign an affidavit saying the patient needed Ivermectin?
    You realize a lot of cases get decided on the law, rather than the facts? In other words, there are plenty of ways to win a case without presenting any evidence whatsoever.

Here you go, boss: https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/blo...state-a-claim/