Page 196 of 929 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Ha ha, no chance...you guys are like a third world country up there.
    thats only Alberta where they worship Nickleback
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Tacoma Rainiers (Triple A Seattle Mariners) are using designated vaccinated sections to increase capacity. Mariners are in the works to do the same thing. They also have a walk-up vaccination station where you get free snacks or cold drinks to fans who receive their Johnson & Johnson shot.
    If you get a free bottle of water that's like a $10 value right there considering stadium pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because of something you posted a bit ago, I am trying to retrain myself to say immune response and not side effects.
    Heard another new one today "Community Immunity." Sounds better than "herd immunity" because it makes it sound more personal, closer to home.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

it rhymes too, kinda catchy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Feds are redirecting unordered vaccine from states with low demand to states with high demand.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ibution-biden/
    I can't think of a better way to get people in the vaccine denying states to demand vaccine than to send all the shots to the blue states. Brilliant strategy IMO--and of course the White House denies that's the plan, which makes it even more effective.
    They'll figure out a way to be outraged by "they're forcing us to take vaccines that might harm our gonads" and "they're letting blue states have all the vaccines" simultaneously, you just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    thats only Alberta where they worship Nickleback
    Nothing inherently wrong with that. The question is whether it is cause and effect or correlation.

Same with unemployed janitor and hobby vaccination researcher.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    it rhymes too, kinda catchy
    Should write a jingle for the airwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Our local radio already has one.

“We want, immunity. For our, community. “

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Nothing inherently wrong with that. The question is whether it is cause and effect or correlation.

Same with unemployed janitor and hobby vaccination researcher.
    You may have heard of being "Screeched In" out in Newfoundland, well to be allowed in to Alberta you need to get "Oiled In," which involves taking a shot of sand oil, then spitting it out on an effigy of Justin Trudeau. This is done while Nickleback's "Photograph" plays in the background.

It's disgusting. The nickleback part.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Why some vaccinated people won't go maskless -- even outdoors

Texas resident Robert Soto can't wait to visit his favorite karaoke spots in Austin. He says he'll be wearing his mask when he belts out "Amber" by 311 or "The Promise" by When in Rome -- his go-to songs every time he grabs the mic at a bar.

Soto plans to resume some social activities after he gets his second vaccine shot this month, joining the more than 100 million Americans who are fully vaccinated. But his life will be nothing like his carefree pre-pandemic days.

"I will probably still wear my mask and avoid shaking hands for a long while," he says.

For Soto and many other pandemic-weary Americans, this is a tricky time. The vaccinated are emerging from 14 months of social isolation into a world where key questions remain about where and when to wear a mask.

Is that unmasked person near me vaccinated? If I don't wear a mask, am I setting a bad example or making others uneasy?

This confusion is sparking political debates similar to ones seen in the early days of the pandemic. And while places are reopening and things feel safer, lingering anxieties remain.
    The venn diagram of people that wanted to wear a mask last April and are now vaccinated and want to take it off is not a large as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    The venn diagram of people that wanted to wear a mask last April and are now vaccinated and want to take it off is not a large as it should be.
    Why do you care if other people wear a mask?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Besides... I'm pretty sure *nobody* "wanted" to wear a mask. But those of us that weren't selfish twats saw it was a mitigation tactic that was worth doing.

We all wore our masks at the ski shop this winter, ten hour days. It was rugged, but no one at the shop got sick. The mask works. I’m down in Florida right now and happy to report that 99% of the people at Publix were still wearing theirs when I was in there yesterday.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Now that I'm fully vaxxed I've gone from 2 to 1 mask and I feel naked. Cases are up in our area. Reporting double digits for that last couple of days. Maybe I want to put that second one back on.....
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    "Less than 2 percent of the population has received their first dose." Fuuuck say goodbye to the Olympics...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...d-covid-crisis
    Does anyone even care about the Olympics anymore?

Got through my day-after hangover with just a headache...back to normal today. The mrs had to deal with a sore arm & flu-ish fatigue & ended up taking a nap in the afternoon to get through it. But back to normal today...

Looking forward to getting together with vaxxed friends soon

48 hours out from the second shot. Sore arm for about 36 or so hours but that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

This is a serious question? Where I live, the unvaxed are also the ones that still think the "flu" is a bad joke and have a high probability of being asymptomatic spreaders.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

If nothing else, aside from proven benefits (GFYS if you don't acknowledge the benefits), it's shows solidarity, that we are all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Does anyone even care about the Olympics anymore? ]
    Olympics is a TV show, its better watched on TV than in person

Barry Manilow must need the work at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You may have heard of being "Screeched In" out in Newfoundland, well to be allowed in to Alberta you need to get "Oiled In," which involves taking a shot of sand oil, then spitting it out on an effigy of Justin Trudeau. This is done while Nickleback's "Photograph" plays in the background.

It's disgusting. The nickleback part.
    I read an artical about the fly-in workers from newfoundland, its bad right now so 1 in 10 tests is coming back positive , when they fly back to NL they get shunned people call the cops on them if they break quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    If nothing else, aside from proven benefits (GFYS if you don't acknowledge the benefits), it's shows solidarity, that we are all in this together.
    and that's why wearing a mask sets makes some people nervous and some nervous to the point of attacking the wearer.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Does anyone even care about the Olympics anymore?
    I'm sure the athletes do. I'd like to see the climbing competition. And I have a daughter in track and field right now, so that would be interesting to watch. So yeah, I care about the Olympics.

Interesting article in the NYT email this morning.

The Covid Olympics

Japan has contained Covid-19 far better than most other large countries. But it now faces the challenge of holding the Olympics this summer — and welcoming athletes from around the world — without causing new outbreaks.

The status of the Games has become a political issue in Japan, with polls showing most residents favoring either postponement or cancellation. Many people are frustrated with how Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, in his first year in office, is handling the situation.

Yet for all of the criticism, it seems possible that Japan will hold a successful Olympics while keeping the virus under control. This morning, I want to walk you through the issue, with help from a couple of charts and from my colleague Motoko Rich, The Times’s Tokyo bureau chief.

An amazing statistic

Japan’s Covid response has been so successful that it achieved a remarkable feat: Overall deaths declined in 2020, even as they were surging in the U.S. and much of the rest of the world. Japan kept its Covid toll low, and its pandemic measures caused a decline in some other fatalities, like those from the flu and vehicle accidents.

What did Japan do right?

It already had a culture of mask wearing to prevent illness, and masks became almost ubiquitous early last year. (This article by Motoko, from almost a year ago, compares mask habits in Japan and the U.S.) The government also virtually closed its borders. And it was quick to focus on the settings where the coronavirus was most likely to spread, warning people to avoid the “three C’s” — closed spaces, crowded places and close contact.

A lack of vaccine urgency

This success has led to one problem, however. Japan has been slow to vaccinate its population, with only 2 percent of residents having received a shot. There is less urgency to do so in a country where fewer than 11,000 people have died of Covid.

Japanese regulators have so far approved only Pfizer’s vaccine and are still evaluating Moderna’s and AstraZeneca’s, despite their obvious success elsewhere. Even if those vaccines are approved soon, the government’s contracts with the vaccine makers do not require the delivery of many doses until late this year, Motoko notes. The country appears to be months away from reaching the vaccination levels of the U.S., Britain, Israel and other world leaders.

That is worrisome, because Japan has not defeated Covid. Cases have risen over the past two months, and the government declared a state of emergency in several major cities, urging new restrictions on activity. “Japan has recently lost a little control of the caseloads,” Motoko says. “Of course, it’s nothing like New Delhi, but it’s not like Sydney or Taipei, either.”

Suga and Olympic organizers insist that the Games will go on, and there are billions of dollars at stake, not only for Japan but also for the Olympic organizers, major sponsors and television networks, including NBC. For athletes who have trained for years, the cancellation of the Games — after their postponement last year — would be deeply disappointing.

More tests than fans
    The biggest safety measure is the barring of fans from outside Japan. At a typical Olympics, fans make up the great majority of visitors to the host country. By barring them, Japan has restricted entry to athletes, coaches, journalists and Olympics officials, many of whom will probably have been vaccinated. They will all need to take several Covid tests before coming, and athletes will be tested every day during the Olympics, with others being tested less frequently.

The dangers will also decrease if Japan can meet its goal of vaccinating most residents 65 and older — the people most vulnerable to serious Covid symptoms — by July 23, when the Games begin.

Even if that happens, though, Japan will not be free of risk. After months of allowing few international visitors, the country will be letting in tens of thousands of people. They will then interact with nearly 80,000 local Olympic volunteers, who will drive athletes and officials around Tokyo, serve as interpreters and do other tasks. A Covid-free Olympics seems unlikely. The question will be whether Japan can quickly identify, isolate and treat people who get the virus.

In this way, the Games may present a particularly intense version of the balance that many countries will be trying to achieve in 2021 — moving back to normal life while avoiding a new wave of a deadly virus.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Why get a jab if you can get your card at the local bar?

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/cl...t7UNv0WjdCG58/