Page 252 of 929 FirstFirst ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    What does it take to be a "candidate" for Cologuard.

Asking for... a friend.
    Dude. Search.

"Cologuard is intended to screen adults 45 years of age and older who are at average risk for colorectal cancer by detecting certain DNA markers and blood in the stool. Do not use if you have had adenomas, have inflammatory bowel disease and certain hereditary syndromes, or a personal or family history of colorectal cancer. Cologuard is not a replacement for colonoscopy in high risk patients. Cologuard performance in adults ages 45-49 is estimated based on a large clinical study of patients 50 and older."

I don't fit that profile. Doc started me at age 31. This will be my sixth or seventh one. One loses count. They harvest a whole bunch of polyps each time. Ive also got diverticulosis. And now I've got some other symptoms I want checked out. You happy you asked?

you should start a poop scope thread - (or maybe there already is one)

you could save a mags life (or at the very least talk them through the prep)

Name:  IMG_2667.JPG
Views: 640
Size:  51.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Dude. Search.
    I have serfs such as yourself for such pedestrian duties...

I come from a family of bag shitters on my father's mothers side so I get the scope every 5 yar even tho the pro's have never found anything

used to be pico salax prep which wasnt alot of fun but that latest prep where you drink a gallon sucked even more

but it was > than the medical assisted suicide
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What's a bag shitter?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    What's a bag shitter?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    if you don't catch the cancer in time and it doesnt kill you

you might be using a colostomy bag for the rest of your life

hence the medical term " Bag Shitter "

Me: Feel anything strange doc?
    Doc: Yep. A little something.
    Me: Should I be worried?
    Doc: Nah. At your age and with your other issues you'll die from a heart attack or another organ failure before the colon cancer has the time to get you.
    Me: Thanks doc. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I come from a family of bag shitters on my father's mothers side so I get the scope every 5 yar even tho the pro's have never found anything

used to be pico salax prep which wasnt alot of fun but that latest prep where you drink a gallon sucked even more

but it was > than the medical assisted suicide
    Yeah; as the say, "the prep is worse than the scope". Second scoping the prep had me shitting right up to when I was gowning up; didn't say anything, thinking they must be accustom to such surprises. Now I always start the prep no later than Noon the preceding day, and generally get a good night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Me: Feel anything strange doc?
    Doc: Yep. A little something.
    Me: Should I be worried?
    Doc: Nah. At your age and with your other issues you'll die from a heart attack or another organ failure before the colon cancer has the time to get you.
    Me: Thanks doc. I think.
    I assume you're joking, or your doc was. (That might be true for prostate cancer but not colon.)

Prostrate. It was funny to me. Carry on with the rat flu discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yeah; as the say, "the prep is worse than the scope". Second scoping the prep had me shitting right up to when I was gowning up; didn't say anything, thinking they must be accustom to such surprises. Now I always start the prep no later than Noon the preceding day, and generally get a good night's sleep.
    Oh, god, thanks for reminding me about that horror. I’m due to go in for a colonoscopy next month.

whatever you do don't be a bag shitter eh

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    whatever you do don't be a bag shitter eh
    Unless you’re on a glacier or other LNT area

I was a bag peer for a few weeks last year. It was actually pretty convenient.

I was on a raft trip in the Grand Canyon. I made sure to use the groover in the morning because I didn't want to have to shit in a bag later on. We did have to shit in a bag when we did an overnight down the Virgin Narrows. They give you a bag with chemicals that you just throw in the trash. There are many kinds of bag shitting.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was on a raft trip in the Grand Canyon. I made sure to use the groover in the morning because I didn't want to have to shit in a bag later on. We did have to shit in a bag when we did an overnight down the Virgin Narrows. They give you a bag with chemicals that you just throw in the trash. There are many kinds of bag shitting.
    I watched a video on the best ways to do it on the big walls while on a portaledge. Made me realize why I'd never climb a big wall.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There used to be a toilet up by Trail Camp on Mt Whitney, but hikers were throwing so much trash in it the Forest Service removed it. Now hikers are given shit bags with their permit that they are required to use. No pooping in a hole, since 50 day hike permits plus thru hikers etc per day and minimal decomposition in the alpine would get super gross really quick. Apparently rangers check to make sure you've used it. I did, and even with the chemicals in it, it still stunk my pack up unbelievably.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I watched a video on the best ways to do it on the big walls while on a portaledge. Made me realize why I'd never climb a big wall.
    Haha. Hadn't thought of pooping on one of those. I'm clumsy and would be mostly scared of dropping important things.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    My kid has done one big wall and is itching to do more but he has had bad luck with partners. His only reliable climbing partner is his wife, and she refuses to shit in a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    There used to be a toilet up by Trail Camp on Mt Whitney, but hikers were throwing so much trash in it the Forest Service removed it. Now hikers are given shit bags with their permit that they are required to use. No pooping in a hole, since 50 day hike permits plus thru hikers etc per day and minimal decomposition in the alpine would get super gross really quick. Apparently rangers check to make sure you've used it. I did, and even with the chemicals in it, it still stunk my pack up unbelievably.

Haha. Hadn't thought of pooping on one of those. I'm clumsy and would be mostly scared of dropping important things.
    In the morning in the Narrows our gear stunk horribly. I was sure the poop bag had spilled in my pack. Turned out what stunk was our rented canyoneering shoes.

Speaking of medical shitting in a bag--enterostomal therapists--nurses who teach and help patients manage their stomas and bags--are grossly underappreciated in the medical world--except by their patients of course.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Now hikers are given shit bags with their permit that they are required to use. No pooping in a hole, since 50 day hike permits plus thru hikers etc per day and minimal decomposition in the alpine would get super gross really quick. Apparently rangers check to make sure you've used it. I did, and even with the chemicals in it, it still stunk my pack up unbelievably.
    Brown-baggin' it is standard procedure on Mt. Shasta as well. Any good boy scout should know better than to rely on just the packet the rangers give you, though; triple-bag, minimum. And pro tip, your pack's crampon pouch is for the shitbags; your pack should be big enough to strap the crampons on somewhere else.

Big walls: poop tube.

It there still a toilet at the top of whitney with an amazing view to the west?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I have what I hope is a cold. Fully vaxxed since April. I called my doc office because I have a physical appointment for today and wanted to know if they wanted to wave me off. Come on down they said. Ok. Good thing because this feels like it is becoming a sinus infection. But I'm in no mood for the prostate exam. Not getting a cold for over a year was really nice. Now that VT is fully open we all gonna die because I feel like death warmed over. I feel KQs pain. Although my wife bought bananas when she went shopping on Sat. So there's that.
    Sorry you're sick. A real pisser isn't it?

I still have a cough from whatever I had and now that it's smoke season it's worse. Sux. Almost makes me wonder if my covid test was a false negative.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

If you exclude drinking the horrible prep, I kinda enjoyed my colonoscopy. Sit at home all day watching tv, violently (satisfyingly) shitting every spec of dust out of your colon, then get pumped with drugs that make you sleep and wake up to a nice nurse that brings you apple juice.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yeah; my upper GI endoscopies have all the good stuff you describe, without the prep, so winning!
    The spray anesthetic for your throat is pretty annoying, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Brown-baggin' it is standard procedure on Mt. Shasta as well. Any good boy scout should know better than to rely on just the packet the rangers give you, though; triple-bag, minimum. And pro tip, your pack's crampon pouch is for the shitbags; your pack should be big enough to strap the crampons on somewhere else.
    Yeah, I wasn't aware of the poop bag requirement at the time otherwise I would have come more prepared. Guess I could have tied it to the outside of the pack. I have a top loader day pack, no crampon pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I was able to forego the colonoscopy with ColoGuard this last time around. That won't last with my doc for too long but got me through this cycle, thankfully. I hate that shit.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cologua...g-2000-dollars