Page 790 of 929 FirstFirst ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,750 of 23206
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I think I'm on the mend, thanks for asking. Haven't had a fever in a day or two, and I'm up and active. I still have pretty incredible muscle pain. Ended up taking a few Tylenol for the first time in years - even with major surgery (kidney donation, left bankart repair of my shoulder) I rarely (if ever) take painkillers - but this muscle pain is something else. That and the night sweats. My god.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    bummed ya missed canada
    eh
    hope you feel better and ski ya soon
    we coulda used another on the suffer slog of marginal skinning conditions
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I think I'm on the mend, thanks for asking. Haven't had a fever in a day or two, and I'm up and active. I still have pretty incredible muscle pain. Ended up taking a few Tylenol for the first time in years - even with major surgery (kidney donation, left bankart repair of my shoulder) I rarely (if ever) take painkillers - but this muscle pain is something else. That and the night sweats. My god.

Hope you can make that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    these threads bring out my inner asshole - I can safely say that in the real world no one would refer to me as such

in my defense I spend my days pushing back against the tide of misinformation and the consequences in society of tribalism over facts

but yeah I could do better. Need to channel my frustration and fatigue into positive habits.

Tgapp I hope the muscle aches are short lived and that somehow you make it to Ymir.
    more to follow...

these threads bring out my inner asshole - I can safely say that in the real world no one would refer to me as such

in my defense I spend my days pushing back against the tide of misinformation and the consequences in society of tribalism over facts

but yeah I could do better. Need to channel my frustration and fatigue into positive habits.
    Ya me too. I'll definitely own everything you are admitting there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    You are one miserable person. It’s fucking comical at this point.
    You would be too if you were a guy who is the same height and weight of a 14yo girl.

honestly mags, as someone who rarely (if ever) frequents these threads (until I came down with the Rona the other day), all I can say is that reading through these pages makes me lose a lot of respect for a lot of mags that I otherwise would have a neutral or a positive opinion of. some of y'all just can't help but be shitty to one another.

here's my worthless vote to move this thread to the poly-ass room. keep the padded room on topic - pole straps, tits, arguing over where upstate NY is - anything other than just endless toxic bullshit.

tgapp -

it appears /// well, maybe you are waiting to test, hope-ing to salvage your trip -

good luck
    ( I urge you to pull-the-plug, If you have not already done so )

moving the thread(s) is not the solution guys -
    There are trolls drawn to these threads just to spread their disinformation ; we have dealt with them before and we can deal with them again - or not.

it is inviting to respond to the trolls in-kind - harsh language and name-calling.
    I Ask and I urge you to resist the temptation.
    The name calling and insults just take away from your message -
    if you are reacting in-anger, your adversary had an advantage ; many times, I have drafted a reaction and set it aside ; an hour later, three others have corrected the 'discussion'.

covid is a part of recent experience -
    it deserves a place in discussion of daily life.
    Please try to resist being baited by the trolls.

There are times to let it rip - go to polyA. And do that to.

I support this thread / these threads ( 'Fear and loathing', and 'To vaccinate' ) remaining in Padded Room - And
    I urge the community to practice discretion, shifting the focus and tone back to an edgy discussion, and taking the political and venting to polyA.

I believe in this community -
    based in outdoor recreation and adventure.
    With time, I hope that those who are not here for the community will find appropriate outlets elsewhere.

ride on, magg.s ( and maggettes ). skiJ

SJG ,,, is a wild man. And

I defend his right to be here. skiJ

Mocking anti-vaxxers’ COVID deaths is ghoulish, yes — but may be necessary

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...f-anti-vaxxers

The issue of how to think about the deaths of unvaccinated has been thrown into high relief locally by the case of Kelly Ernby who crusaded against vaccine mandates and died of COVID around New Year’s Day, unvaccinated.
    This certainly is not political.

This place is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    This certainly is not political.

This place is a joke.

It’s not purely political. Why are you such a crybaby? I thought you freedom loving he men had thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s not purely political. Why are you such a crybaby? I thought you freedom loving he men had thicker skin.

Celebrating death. How are you internet pussies any better than the dumbest anti vaxer?

We're vaccinated!

Celebrating death. How are you internet pussies any better than the dumbest anti vaxer?

You have a whole thread that you started in poliass celebrating covid deaths.

And the padded room covid threads can be searched for everytime you’ve mentioned this current President and the last President’s name.

You do realize we can see you posting these things right? And that we can remember what you posted the previous day that is consistent with what you criticize today right?

Lol

Celebrating Unvaccinated people’s death has been a mainstay of this thread for a while now. It is weird and disgusting. The vaccine helps the individual person, besides overflowing the hospital system a person vax status is none of your business and doesn’t affect you. This pandemic is over. When I see a house with a trump 2020 flag, I think it’s time for that person to give it up. When I see people constantly yapping about unvaccinated, or arguing all day about masks, I think it’s time for people to give it up. Time to move on, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Celebrating Unvaccinated people’s death has been a mainstay of this thread for a while now. It is weird and disgusting. The vaccine helps the individual person, besides overflowing the hospital system a person vax status is none of your business and doesn’t affect you. This pandemic is over. When I see a house with a trump 2020 flag, I think it’s time for that person to give it up. When I see people constantly yapping about unvaccinated, or arguing all day about masks, I think it’s time for people to give it up. Time to move on, time to move on.
    Why don’t you head on down to your local hospital and tell them your helpful news.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Unvaccinated people are part of my day to day life.

But thanks for telling me what my reality is. Add this to your long list of incorrect posts.

This pandemic will end through the actions of the majority. The loud vocal minority that are prolonging it will celebrate the end with a “Mission Accomplished!” banner behind them and no true sense of how many harmed and dead people they’ve left in their wake through their selfishness.

I’m not celebrating anyone’s death, are you really that stupid? The article stated her political affiliation but the poster said nothing about her affiliation just that she was anti vax. Give your balls a tug you Nance.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel but you’re still clueless.

how could it not affect me if the unwashed masses spread the disease around more than their vaccinated counterparts, making it more likely to infect me, my friends and family? anyone not doing their part to reduce transmission is an active negative participant in society - whether they don’t want to wear a mask, get vaxxed, or follow basic social distancing protocols.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Wife’s just got done working at the local hospital for the day. Only 2 covid patients today. Yesterday she did have to put a covid patient in a body bag. Early 60’s lots of comorbidities, came from a nursing home/rehab. Probably vaccinated, maybe not but it doesn’t fucking matter. Omnicron is ending this, the vaccine did a good job, but it’s not ending it

Wife’s just got done working at the local hospital for the day. Only 2 covid patients today. Yesterday she did have to put a covid patient in a body bag. Early 60’s lots of comorbidities, came from a nursing home/rehab. Probably vaccinated, maybe not but it doesn’t fucking matter. Omnicron is ending this, the vaccine did a good job, but it’s not ending it
    Omicron is still putting people in the ICU and on ventilators. Our census is growing again and 100% unvaccinated. It’s not overwhelming us at this time. I think it’s still a bit early for a victory lap. I’m mostly back to normal in my life but the pandemic didn’t really affect me other than at work.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

i agree that the pandemic will end or that at some point people will say enough, but what makes you the confident that omicron will end it? health care workers and large parts of the population have been reinfected by covid variants and there is evidence that some people can have delta and omicron at the same time. what if super delta comes in two months? serious question, not bs’ing as i think predicting this ride is a tough gig. so - why does omicron end the pandemic?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Everybody is getting covid right now or just got it. If enough people get covid we reach herd immunity. The vaccine might have done the same thing, but you can’t vaccinate the world in a short time. But apparently we can infect the whole world pretty fast and that going to end this.

The vaccine helps the individual person, besides overflowing the hospital system a person vax status is none of your business and doesn’t affect you. This pandemic is over.
    None of this is remotely true. The pandemic is over? What the hell are you even talking about?

The weak willed are tiring. So now the Denial. Timing is right.
    For all the people thinking it's over, it is. For the 2000 who just died.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.