Page 821 of 929 FirstFirst ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,525 of 23206
    Let's cancel this thread. Move it to polyass.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbac0 View Post
    If I remember correctly Wastewater serology said we were at ~35% infected in December 2020. Seems like shitty science.
    Who's "we" DearOldDad? There were likely places that high at the urban block level..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Let's cancel this thread. Move it to polyass.
    What are you talking about? We are just getting into the organized effort to identify Covid by checking peoples shit. - true story

But can you catch Covid from breathing farts?

The answer to this should make some Lose their shit
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    But can you catch Covid from breathing farts?
    Probably. Pre-Covid SARS spread that way, a related virus. Cases in Hong Kong with "faulty" sewer lines in an apartment building.

Norovirus can spread from ass juice/gas.

I was under the impression assless chaps were needed for the spread via farts.

I'm unvaccinated. Literally everyone I know is vaccinated. About half of my friends as well as my entire family got COVID over the past two months, and I was exposed on many occasions. I was literally helping take care of symptomatic family, Father Mother Sister and Brother, as they were testing positive. I was around a few friends as they were sick, and also got notified of exposure at work.

I didn't get sick. I never tested because I didn't feel any symptoms whatsoever.

Now, Pharma is telling me the current crop of vaccines isn't as effective on Omicron, and a new vaccine could be necessary.

Can someone tell me why I should go get the first two shots and the booster at this point? I personally feel like my immune system is protecting me, can someone tell me why I'm wrong to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiviral View Post
    Can someone tell me why I should go get the first two shots and the booster at this point? I personally feel like my immune system is protecting me, can someone tell me why I'm wrong to think that.
    Because it's likely you've been infected but have been asymptomatic. Asymptomatic people can still spread the virus, especially the Omicron variant. You should be vaccinated for the good of overall public health, not just for yourself.

I'm unvaccinated. Literally everyone I know is vaccinated. About half of my friends as well as my entire family got COVID over the past two months, and I was exposed on many occasions. I was literally helping take care of symptomatic family, Father Mother Sister and Brother, as they were testing positive. I was around a few friends as they were sick, and also got notified of exposure at work.

I didn't get sick. I never tested because I didn't feel any symptoms whatsoever.

Now, Pharma is telling me the current crop of vaccines isn't as effective on Omicron, and a new vaccine could be necessary.

Shoutout to the poster formerly known as DearOldDad and mcbac0.

The perfect solution is not boing to happen as long as so many unvaxxed folks facilitate the evolution and mutating of the disease. Vaxxed doesn't prevent, especially Omicron but it reduces the time the disease has available to shed and infect others around the vaxxed person. The sooner we can hit 95% vaxxed with the latest and greatest preventative, the sooner we can crush this thing and resume more normal living. The fact that the "imperfect" vax gives you a much greater likelihood of zero or mild symptoms should be reason enough for everyone to get it ... unless they have a severely compromised immune system and their doctors flat out tell them NOT to get it.

Can't vaccinated spread the virus too?

That has to be the case. My father doesn't leave the house, my vaccinated mom must have spread it to him. No one else came to their house for a couple weeks before.

Because per that Austria study, the only way you are protected from all the prior variants that are bound to flare up at some point down the road is to combine your Omicron infection with the vaccine. Fuck other people. Be selfish and get the vaccine for you and you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I was under the impression assless chaps were needed for the spread via farts.
    All chaps are assless. It's the defining feature.

Any rationale that primarily focuses on the probable outcome for the individual getting vaccinated shows a fundamental misunderstanding of mass vaccinations, as far as I'm concerned.

Completely disagree. Never in the history of Earth has a vaccine been recommended to a particular demographic where the risks of the vaccine outweighs the benefits. If they do, then the vaccine should not be recommended to that demographic. And sometimes, that risk-benefit calculation is an extremely close call (like vaccine for those under 12). It is morally reprehensible to do otherwise.

No age group should ever be asked to take one for the team. But the good news is putting this principal in big bold letters doesn't mean people shouldn't get vaccinated (because I believe this principal is followed).

I'm unvaccinated.

I was literally helping take care of symptomatic family, Father Mother Sister and Brother, as they were testing positive. I was around a few friends as they were sick, and also got notified of exposure at work.
    Can't vaccinated spread the virus too?

That has to be the case. My father doesn't leave the house, my vaccinated mom must have spread it to him. No one else came to their house for a couple weeks before.
    Or, most likely, it was you spreading it around

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Or, most likely, it was you spreading it around
    What? I don't live with them. I wasn't around them prior.

That's some Grade A Bologna you got there.

The major driving factor for me not getting the vaccine, was/is the censorship.

I feel like I just got censored on here already. I just posted something here that wasn't inflammatory at all, just me asking questions, and it wouldn't let my post it, said it was up for review before it posted. Or something like that. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Completely disagree. Never in the history of Earth has a vaccine been recommended to a particular demographic where the risks of the vaccine outweighs the benefits.
    I'm assuming the vaccine is essentially safe, which the Covid vaccines have proven to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiviral
    So you're saying that you won't get vaccinated out of spite? That seems like an awfully lame reason to me.

I feel like I just got censored on here already. I just posted something here that wasn't inflammatory at all, just me asking questions, and it wouldn't let my post it, said it was up for review before it posted. Or something like that. Is that possible?
    Another asshole here to ask the same stupid questions that have been covered just to get his dick hard.

Fuck off

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Fuck off
    You named yourself antiviral and started posting in the pandemic and conspiracy threads

Now you are aggrieved and innocent. Like you have a few hundred posts behind you on skiing alone and suddenly are a victim

Fuck off
    Your transparent bullshit is transparent

My apologies to everyone else for gratifying your posts with replies. On ignore now…

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    And we must mention a few special circumstances:
    [snip]
    -Any new account that looks to the mod team to be an alias with an axe to grind, or that is just an asshole, will be banned. This and other situations may be banned immediately, with none of the 'strikes' afforded other posters.
    [snip]
    - We rely on the moderators for their judgment, whether everyone agrees with it or not.
    - The moderators always have the ability/right to ban someone with no warning if they feel it's the right thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So you're saying that you won't get vaccinated out of spite? That seems like an awfully lame reason to me.
    But think of the upsides: you don't have to think, because you can just do whatever you're told not to. It's deterministic, so the authority's policy makes your choices. But the feelings, man! It's the feelings of independence with none of the mental effort.

[quote]
    "I was around a few friends as they were sick. Also notified of an exposure at work. " [endQuote]

Search for "Typhoid Mary" of "asymptomatic carrier" ...

yes, your posts are subject to review -

AD has well addressed your "questions" about vaccination ;

news reports for the past year are full of stories of people like you, with your exceptional immune system - right up until they died from covid.

And
    There are reviewed, scientific studies in at least the last 300 pages of this thread documenting that vaccination reduces the transmission of the virus --

AD's comment that vaccinating for covid is a responsibility to society merits support ;
    it is not about individual Choice or individual "freedom".

IF it is your claim that you had no contact with your family members in the two weeks before they became sick ( or the first of them became sick ), But after they became sick you were actively involved in their care, I find the disparity of your claims doubtful.
    But it really doesn't matter, does it (?)

2000 people continue to die each week with covid - a transmitted disease that we could have done a better job of controlling, if more people had been Responsible to others and been vaccinated.

even your username belongs in polyass, "Antiviral" -

I wish you luck. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Completely disagree. Never in the history of Earth has a vaccine been recommended to a particular demographic where the risks of the vaccine outweighs the benefits. If they do, then the vaccine should not be recommended to that demographic. And sometimes, that risk-benefit calculation is an extremely close call (like vaccine for those under 12). It is morally reprehensible to do otherwise.

No age group should ever be asked to take one for the team. But the good news is putting this principal in big bold letters doesn't mean people shouldn't get vaccinated (because I believe this principal is followed).
    your post claims that covid vaccine is unsafe for a "demographic" group for whom it is being used ( "those under 12" ) ;
    This is a recklessly irresponsible claim.

Mostly, I skip much of what you post Because it is lawyerly junk - But
    tgr's forums is not a courtroom, and you don't have immunity for posting this garbage.

tj

Or something like that. Is that possible?
    First day in the forum and you are asking questions? You are an unworthy JONG. We need to see pictures of your sisters tits first. Just for starters.

I DEMAND WE SEE TITTY PICTURES FROM THIS JONG! It's tradition for fks sake. TGR is not Alpinezone or Pugski!! We have famous internet skier of the past as mags as ancestors !! We have an Honor Code to uphold!!

I'm putting him on ignore. Some mag pm me when the titty pictures are posted.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    your post claims that covid vaccine is unsafe for a "demographic" group for whom it is being used ( "those under 12" ) ;
    This is a recklessly irresponsible claim.
    Reading comprehension is an important life skill.