Page 566 of 929 FirstFirst ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... LastLast
Results 14,126 to 14,150 of 23206
    No. Covid theatre is politicians, hanging out with others without masking or distancing, but then busting out the masks for the photo op, then once they think the cameras are gone, taking them back off. THAT'S "Covid theatre."

And this one. Cameras off:

Cameras on:

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    No. Covid theatre is politicians, hanging out with others without masking or distancing, but then busting out the masks for the photo op, then once they think the cameras are gone, taking them back off. THAT'S "Covid theatre."

Cameras on:
    If everyone was vaccinated we could all do that outdoors unmasked and spread out a little like that. I have it on good authority that they are all vaccinated.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ I think you're overstating the peer review thing. People jumped on that fact because the Israeli study keeps coming up. These things take on a life of their own. After a while people get tired of saying it's an observational study and the study's own authors' describe its limitations. Not to mention more recent data from Israel has since superseded it.

I thought the articles were fine but that the byline was the most important takeaway: Research can tell us only so much. The rest is a waiting game. The article was published in June and we know more now.

We'll know more in the future. The good news is, while we may see recommendations for an additional dose due to close spacing between the first two, it doesn't look like it will become a regular thing. Most people probably don't need a boost as things stand now.
    My study was UK, but that's cool.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not tied up in fee for service. I wish we could have Medicare for all with no need for supplements. The problem with Medicare advantage is that the people that work for them lead you with questions about health conditions that they can then increase your risk score to get more money even if you don’t have increased risk.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah--Medicare Advantage should be community rated (everybody pays the same price), or adjusted community rated--price based on age alone, like ACA compliant insurance is.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What are you talking about? It's not like the Atlantic is Breitbert. I can't think of any mainstream news media that has done a better and more thorough job of explaining COVID science than the Atlantic. Ed Yong won the 2021 Pulitzer for his reporting on COVID science in the Atlantic. I'm not a scientist, nor do I pretend to be, just like the vast majority of earth (and TGR). I read the Atlantic, NY Times, and TGR, which makes me more informed on this stuff than the majority of Americans. I don't read peer reviewed studies because I rely on places like the Atlantic to summarize the most pertinent studies. If a scientist can't explain something to an Atlantic or NY Times audience, then they have failed. If you guys want to only discuss peer reviewed studies, TGR is not the place.
    The exhausting the immune system sounds like a favorite trope of the old school antivaxers--giving kids all those vaccines weakens their immune system. Which is not true. I think Wu, who is a PhD in immunobiology, meant to say that if you give too much spike protein you exhaust the capacity to produce more anti-spike protein antibody (I don't know this is true or not), which is different than saying too much spike protein leaves you vulnerable to other infections. (Severe infections, viral or otherwise, leave you vulnerable to other infections, but the primary infection produces antigen loads many orders of magnitude greater than vaccination.)

Our immune systems must be pretty good or there wouldn't be 8 fucking billion of us.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Well, in your case it’s because you admitted to trolling and were obviously trolling before and continue to troll, but carry on pretending to be aggrieved.
    So a troll can't actually post a non peer reviews study that proves a point because you don't like the point.

Got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Note that the first and only person to directly refer to MVs 'New Study' is that puerile puppy, doggiestyle?
    So no one extolled it's virtue or claimed it as proof of anything.

w00f w00f!
    Nobody immediately jumped on it either, but hey all good brah, you're sides right no matter what.

seems plausible that elected officials would just assume that there'd be no cameras and shocked that someone took their picture in public. I mean cameras? at a public function? It's a one in a million.
    Last edited by Carl_Mega; 09-27-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Okay, now what's that got to do with what the person in Sydney said in that press conference?

So say the antivaxxers paralyzed with fear about vaccines:

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If everyone was vaccinated we could all do that outdoors unmasked and spread out a little like that. I have it on good authority that they are all vaccinated.
    What about the Barrett confirmation party before vaccines were available? That's all good to Montuckey...

He posted something similar to this about Pelosi and a fundraiser where they had folks around a dinner table eating and maskless where he feigned outrage about a month or two ago. I think it's completely disingenuous and unhelpful. It also shows that he cares more about political whataboutisms than he does getting beyond the pandemic. It's pathetic.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    So say the antivaxxers paralyzed with fear about vaccines:

What in the FUCK does that sign even mean? What a goddam moran.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Get a clue, it's spelled maroon.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    She's a regular Pat Henry.

She also belongs in the crazy eyes thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    No, it's mixed messaging. We've been told that even if you and all your homeys are vaccinated, that you STILL need to mask and social distance. Those are the rules for us.

Now, if you're them, then there's no need for any of that malarkey, now is there?

I agree with you that, yeah, they're all vaccinated, so it's really not a problem. So IMO the messaging needs to be consistent. "We're not wearing masks because we're ALL vaccinated. Cool, huh?" Instead, it's "Oh shit! There's a camera! Quick! Put your masks on!!!" If the rules are "outdoors and vax'd, then masks aren't necessary," then they should simply leave them off as per the recommendations. Or are they not the recommendations? Who freaking knows, huh?

No, it's mixed messaging. We've been told that even if you and all your homeys are vaccinated, that you STILL need to mask and social distance. Those are the rules for us.

Now, if you're them, then there's no need for any of that malarkey, now is there?

I agree with you that, yeah, they're all vaccinated, so it's really not a problem. So IMO the messaging needs to be consistent. "We're not wearing masks because we're ALL vaccinated. Cool, huh?" Instead, it's "Oh shit! There's a camera! Quick! Put your masks on!!!" If the rules are "outdoors and vax'd, then masks aren't necessary," then they should simply leave them off as per the recommendations. Or are they not the recommendations? Who freaking knows, huh?
    When I am outside and close to people, I sometimes wear a mask. Sometimes I don't. I'm not 100% consistent. And I know of no real rule in this regard, there is just advice, that even when outdoors, if you cannot maintain proper distancing you should mask. I know the recommendation, I try to follow it, but sometimes I don't. Human nature. What any of that has to do with anything here in this thread, I don't know, but you sure love your gotchas!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When I am outside and close to people, I sometimes wear a mask. Sometimes I don't. I'm not 100% consistent. And I know of no real rule in this regard, there is just advice, that even when outdoors, if you cannot maintain proper distancing you should mask. I know the recommendation, I try to follow it, but sometimes I don't. Human nature. What any of that has to do with anything here in this thread, I don't know, but you sure love your gotchas!
    That's all it is about. You can tell he's on some feed of misinformation from right wing media that blasts him these pictures and points of view...for example, earlier today he claimed that J&J said to get a shot every two months...I pointed out that was false, but you can see how some disingenuous fucktard would clip out a small bit of text from their study to make it seem like that was what they were recommending. Austin read that and ran with it...then when pointed out that he was totally wrong, he backtracked. The problem with this and the way he comports himself here is that it furthers false narratives and only causes misinformation to fester. It would be nice if he'd stop, but he won't.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Guys, you are trying to have a discussion with someone who is only here to be Right. No matter what you say, no matter how convincing or factual, MF will always go back to some point where there are mixed messages (and there have been a lot) and use that to say, "see! I am Right"
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

When was this photo taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    My study was UK, but that's cool.
    Your healthline article discusses both the UK study and the Israeli study. The article gives the impression both studies came from the UK, but only one is from the UK. The other is the overly discussed and flawed (according to the authors) Israeli study.

The article isn't all bad but it conflates the two studies even though the studies show different results. The UK study described in your article is the same study discussed last month and summarized on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    So a troll can't actually post a non peer reviews study that proves a point because you don't like the point.

Got it...
    Again, your article (not study) linked to the problematic Israeli study. The issue with online trolls is they convert nuance into dogma because they don't care about distinctions.

Your argument is sort of like totalitarian regimes making use of "free speech" to spread misinformation in the West or anti-democracy movements using the voting system to create tyranny. Pointing out a study isn't peer reviewed or has limitations is not same thing as saying all studies that haven't been peer reviewed are bad.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 09-27-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    When was this photo taken?
    The recent 9/11 memorial ceremony.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I remember being a kid on the way to ski and excited about something I'd read recently. Pretty sure it was the idea that civilization could have began in the jungle, and we only think it started in the fertile crescent because the desert preserves stuff better and it's easier to find evidence of past settlements. After I finished talking about this idea like it was a given, my sister said just because it's contrarian doesn't make it true. For whatever reason I think about that statement a lot when I see this thread.

Our little town of 2500 is hosting our annual folk festival this weekend.
    https://sistersfolkfestival.org/arti...2021-festival/

We expect 3500 visitors (substantially reduced due to pandemic). It takes another 1000 or so volunteers, plus another 700 or so musicians, sound guys, vendors, etc.

Proof of vax required to attend, work, perform or volunteer
    Masking if distance can’t be maintained
    Six of the seven venues are open air or under huge tents with the walls rolled up.
    The other is an old church repurposed for live music.
    Venue Capacities will be reduced to facilitate distancing

This vax/mask protocol worked for Lollapolooza this year and they had 100,000 peeps per day with minimal if any transmission.

Finagled a booster today on the basis of being a volunteer supervisor (more like Enabler of Self-Organizing Teams) for the fest - frontline worker and all that.

Pray for me.

What side is that doggiestyle?
    There's so many sides to things and so much data to digest and try to understand.

But after a while the data, despite the anomalies, tells a story.
    Covid continues to tell stories.
    The vaccines have told a story.
    And so have you.

w00f w00f.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The recent 9/11 memorial ceremony.
    I agree then that they should be wearing masks.