Page 564 of 624 FirstFirst ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... LastLast
Results 14,076 to 14,100 of 15591
  1. #14076
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    great... another 7 pages of antibodies coming up and guess what, no one knows what the numbers even mean.
    Agreed...but mtuhockey seems to think he's got this massive amount of COVID-19 antibodies in his system, and I'm curious how he knows this? Presumably he's getting antibodies tests weekly or something to ensure they're still present since that's the only metric he seems to concern himself with when it comes to preventing COVID-19 spread.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  2. #14077
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Why would you want to skip a booster?
    Possible concerns about bioaccumulation? It's a valid concern if you're talking about taking a repeat injection every couple of months like J&J is proposing. One shot. Sure. Two shots. Ok. Three+ in a short period of time? Yeah, now we gotta start having the conversation about ingredients and rates of excretion. It's a topic at least worthy of discussion IMO. I can't blame people for taking pause on the thought multiple subsequent shots after initial full vaccination.

  3. #14078
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,420
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Possible concerns about bioaccumulation? It's a valid concern if you're talking about taking a repeat injection every couple of months like J&J is proposing. One shot. Sure. Two shots. Ok. Three+ in a short period of time? Yeah, now we gotta start having the conversation about ingredients and rates of excretion. It's a topic at least worthy of discussion IMO. I can't blame people for taking pause on the thought multiple subsequent shots after initial full vaccination.
    I haven't seen anything from J&J saying to take their vaccine every two months. Do you have a source for that? What I read is that they tested giving a second dose at 2-months, or at 4-months, or at 6-months, and found that at 6-months a 12-fold increase in protection occurs.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  4. #14079
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122

  5. #14080
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    4,627
    NYT email sure was interesting this morning. Redumblicans owning the libs.

    Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 202
Size:  64.6 KB

  6. #14081
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed...but mtuhockey seems to think he's got this massive amount of COVID-19 antibodies in his system, and I'm curious how he knows this? Presumably he's getting antibodies tests weekly or something to ensure they're still present since that's the only metric he seems to concern himself with when it comes to preventing COVID-19 spread.
    I got my last antibody test two months ago. How many people who have gotten the vaccine have taken one after?? How do you actually know there aren’t more people like that lady who had exactly 0 antibodies after rhe vaccine? At least I’m proactive and trying to figure out if I’m safe or not - the pro vaccine people literally have no idea if the vaccine worked because 99% of them don’t take antibody tests after.

    but even still - it’s shown that as long as you have had antibodies, your reaction to Covid won’t be as bad as if you were unvaxx’d.

    im still waiting to hear how someone can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies - it’s almost as if the damn thing doesn’t work? Or that people are different and should be able to make their own health choices??

  7. #14082
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,382
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Medicare Advantage plans are a scam pushed through by Bush and Co. They collect money from CMS just for having you on the plans even if you don’t get any service based on the participant’s risk score. It was part of a plan by the neocons to privatize Medicare and Social Security. Those plans are bleeding Medicare dry.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I see you're tied up in the fee-for-service segment of the industry, which is a bigger scam than capitated care. The idea behind Medicare Advantage is sound--instead of paying the doctor or hospital for care you receive, which encourages unnecessary procedures and upcoding, you pay the provider a fixed fee per patient, which gives them an incentive to keep people healthy, but also gives the provider an incentive to withhold care. MA works if the doctors making the decisions about medical care are insulated from the financial consequences of their decisions--ie they're salaried--and don't have to get approval for procedures and hospitalization. That's the way Kaiser MA, which is what I have, works and works very well IMO as a patient and as an ex Kaiser doctor. But unlike some of the plans Kaiser Senior Advantage isn't free and you don't get the free goodies like gym memberships, and the Kaiser model hasn't been easy to duplicate--there's just too much money to be made doing it the other way.

    The original idea behind MA was that it was supposed to hold costs down but it hasn't even done that. So yeah, MA is bleeding Medicare dry. So is traditional Medicare. Cynical as I am I don't see a way out. Greed and exploitation are too deeply ingrained in the American psyche. See the lab start up mentioned a few pages back (or maybe in the other thread)--offering covid tests for $300+. It looks what they're mainly doing is buying up rapid tests that should be available direct to consumers at the local drug store and performing the tests at a 1000% markup. Reminds me of Pharma-bro of a few years back. (Is he in jail yet?)

  8. #14083
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    im still waiting to hear how someone can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies
    Why are you so dishonest? Your question has been answered. The immune system, not vaccines, fights the virus. Vaccines train the immune system to fight the virus. So vaccines won’t protect people with weakened immune systems.

    It's one of the reasons why your constant refrain that people who don't get vaxxed aren't hurting anybody is so toxic.

  9. #14084
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I haven't seen anything from J&J saying to take their vaccine every two months. Do you have a source for that? What I read is that they tested giving a second dose at 2-months, or at 4-months, or at 6-months, and found that at 6-months a 12-fold increase in protection occurs.
    Yeah. You're right. I heard the same things you did: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/21/10391...ion-from-covid
    I will correct myself. J&J isn't saying get it every two months, but rather people took it that way and are spreading that takeaway. Been seeing lots of old people on Nextdoor talking about J&J's findings and asking how they can get their two month booster ASAP. Not too different than people in this thread asking about how to get their variety of boosters ASAP too.

  10. #14085
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    It is different.

  11. #14086
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Why are you so dishonest? Your question was answered yesterday.
    hey bud, I donít know if youíve actually went back and read through those last 3 or 4 pages but nowhere in any of that did anyone explain how you can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies after getting it.

    stop lying dude. Youíre the one being dishonest now. Iíll own up with you because you seem to be even keeled somewhat. But just because someone has a differing opinion with alternate facts doesnít make them a liar buddy.

  12. #14087
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,070
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    bioaccumulation? we gotta start having the conversation about ingredients and rates of excretion. It's a topic at least worthy of discussion IMO.
    Here is your discussion:

    You are begging a seemingly reasonable question based on a flimsy premise. Why isn't it? Because the 1 gram of vaccine is mostly water and the rest of the ingredients are mRNA, lipids, salts, and sugars all of which last hours to a few days! It's one of the simplest and "cleanest" vaccine ingredient lists in history. You should be more concerned about what you buy at the grocery store or get at the drivethrough that constitutes 370,000 grams of food you are likely to consume over 6 months.

    I hope this discussion was useful to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  13. #14088
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,070
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    hey bud, I don’t know if you’ve actually went back and read through those last 3 or 4 pages but nowhere in any of that did anyone explain how you can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies after getting it.

    stop lying dude. You’re the one being dishonest now. I’ll own up with you because you seem to be even keeled somewhat. But just because someone has a differing opinion with alternate facts doesn’t make them a liar buddy.
    Nothing works 100%
    Stop implying that if the vaccine doesn't work for a tiny percent that it just doesn't work at all.
    This is logic that can be mastered in elementary school.

    Otherwise you need to answer why some people who get COVID get it again? By your logic it is as if natural infection doesn't work to provide immunity!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  14. #14089
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    hey bud, I don’t know if you’ve actually went back and read through those last 3 or 4 pages but nowhere in any of that did anyone explain how you can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies after getting it.

    stop lying dude. You’re the one being dishonest now. I’ll own up with you because you seem to be even keeled somewhat. But just because someone has a differing opinion with alternate facts doesn’t make them a liar buddy.
    It's not a different opinion. The fact that immunocompromised people don't always have a strong immune response is scientific fact and has been discussed at length.

  15. #14090
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Here is your discussion:

    You are begging a seemingly reasonable question based on a flimsy premise. Why isn't it? Because the 1 gram of vaccine is mostly water and the rest of the ingredients are mRNA, lipids, salts, and sugars all of which last hours to a few days! It's one of the simplest and "cleanest" vaccine ingredient lists in history. You should be more concerned about what you buy at the grocery store or get at the drivethrough.

    I hope this discussion was useful to you.
    Yeah. From what I understand, the mRNA vaccines are pretty good in that regard. The Hepatitis shots and a few others though, do have metals in them, which take the body longer to deal with.

    However, not everybody knows what goes into what, so that's why I said it's a valid question. I was simply trying to explain to rod9301 who wanted to know why people would want to skip a booster. That is why people may be hesitant. Again, it's a totally fair question if you don't know. The more people can talk about these things and can reason through them, the better off we'll all be. (...maybe)

  16. #14091
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,070
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. From what I understand, the mRNA vaccines are pretty good in that regard. The Hepatitis shots and a few others though, do have metals in them, which take the body longer to deal with.

    However, not everybody knows what goes into what, so that's why I said it's a valid question. I was simply trying to explain to rod9301 who wanted to know why people would want to skip a booster. That is why people may be hesitant. Again, it's a totally fair question if you don't know. The more people can talk about these things and can reason through them, the better off we'll all be. (...maybe)
    Ah, got it thank you for your clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  17. #14092
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Nothing works 100%
    Stop implying that if the vaccine doesn't work for a tiny percent that it just doesn't work at all.
    This is logic that can be mastered in elementary school.

    Otherwise you need to answer why some people who get COVID get it again? By your logic it is as if natural infection doesn't work to provide immunity!
    again - I’m trying to show that just because your vaxx’d doesn’t mean you’re automatically safe from Covid. People seem to think that making vaccines mandatory will automatically make this virus go away. Because we don’t have a yearly flu virus anymore, right?


    I never said that because it doesn’t work for minority that it doesn’t work at all. That’s your own comprehension leading you astray and I’m surprised that someone with your “intelligence” can’t tell the difference… guess college really made you smrt.

  18. #14093
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,066
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why would anyone want extra protection for themselves and the community from a safe and effective vaccine?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Here is a synopsis snippet from an argument with a antivaxxer:

    - Iím afraid that there could be side effects from the vax that havent come out yet.

    - Iím not afraid to die (from covid)

    So basically afraid of some unknown possible harm but not from a virus with both known possible fatality, severe illness, and unknown future effects.

    In other words, no rational consistency at all.

    Dont even mention the rest of society, doesnt give a fuck about the community.

    THAT is who.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  19. #14094
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,083
    mtu ďtrying to show you arenít automatically safe if you are vaxxdĒ

    What do you think the vaccine manufacturers, FDA and CDC have been saying for months?

  20. #14095
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    again - I’m trying to show that just because your vaxx’d doesn’t mean you’re automatically safe from Covid. People seem to think that making vaccines mandatory will automatically make this virus go away. Because we don’t have a yearly flu virus anymore, right?


    I never said that because it doesn’t work for minority that it doesn’t work at all. That’s your own comprehension leading you astray and I’m surprised that someone with your “intelligence” can’t tell the difference… guess college really made you smrt.
    He said you implied it when you wrote, "im still waiting to hear how someone can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies" as if it's some random thing and not something that is well known.

    Higher vax rates drive down cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. So saying things like the vax doesn't work in some people, or people are not automatically safe from the virus, or won't make this virus go away misses the point. The vax will make the virus controllable, ending the pandemic.

  21. #14096
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    mtu “trying to show you aren’t automatically safe if you are vaxxd”

    What do you think the vaccine manufacturers, FDA and CDC have been saying for months?
    His 2 prong approach is:
    1) fundamentally misunderstand something
    2) assign some indefensible, wacko position to everyone else - even though no one holds these positions (aka strawman)

    Just repeat the cycle endlessly.

  22. #14097
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,420
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    mtu “trying to show you aren’t automatically safe if you are vaxxd”

    What do you think the vaccine manufacturers, FDA and CDC have been saying for months?
    I'm still waiting for his response to his weekly or semi-weekly antibody test schedule he has been maintaining to ensure he still has antibodies present in his immune system.

    In actuality I'm sure he's never taken an antibodies test and probably has no clue if he's actually had COVID-19 or not...maybe one positive test a while back when he said he barely had any symptoms (a little sniffle) so he thinks he's bullet proof and cannot spread.

    And MTU, actually yes, there is hope of moving on from this pandemic IF we get enough people vaccinated. That's sort of the whole point.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  23. #14098
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,070
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    again - I’m trying to show that just because your vaxx’d doesn’t mean you’re automatically safe from Covid.
    Nobody said otherwise

    People seem to think that making vaccines mandatory will automatically make this virus go away.
    That is your strawman that you set up in your mind to attack. Nobody is claiming mandatory vaccination will make COVID certainly disappear, but if almost everyone vaccinates, COVID at least becomes a minor problem, less of a concern than flu, the hospitals won't be overwhelmed and disease prevalence would fall.

    Because we don’t have a yearly flu virus anymore, right?
    Flu is a very different pathogen and vaccine dynamic, no real relation to the current situation

    I never said that because it doesn’t work for minority that it doesn’t work at all. That’s your own comprehension leading you astray
    Your intentions are completely unclear so they are left to assumptions. I'm not a telepath. They don't teach that in college. You've been going on for pages about this. Try being explicit in your posts about what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  24. #14099
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,663
    Why can't we just get genetically screened so our mRNA vaccine is custom tailored for our own genetic code?

    I say this jokingly but the idea of custom tailoring vaccines for the specific person seems like the direction we are heading in the future (custom for genetics, presence of antibodies, ect). I thought it was generally accepted that you don't want more of any vaccine than is necessary to obtain the desired result? Not just the side effects (although rare) that have been discussed, but also exhausting your immune system leaving you vulnerable to other pathogens.

  25. #14100
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,112
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    hey bud, I donít know if youíve actually went back and read through those last 3 or 4 pages but nowhere in any of that did anyone explain how you can get a vaccine and have 0 antibodies after getting it.

    stop lying dude. Youíre the one being dishonest now. Iíll own up with you because you seem to be even keeled somewhat. But just because someone has a differing opinion with alternate facts doesnít make them a liar buddy.
    There is no such thing as alternate facts. Itís either a fact or itís not.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •