Page 561 of 628 FirstFirst ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,025 of 15680
  1. #14001
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Getting a shingles vaccine at 50 isn’t required, it’s recommended because the severity of the infection can lead to hospitalization and death as you age and your immune system starts to fail.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    so why isn’t it required?? This is a potentially deadly disease and we have a vaccine for that would limit hospitalization and death! Doesn’t anyone think about anyone else!?!?

  2. #14002
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,089
    Probably because you are trolling.

  3. #14003
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    so why isn’t it required?? This is a potentially deadly disease and we have a vaccine for that would limit hospitalization and death! Doesn’t anyone think about anyone else!?!?
    If I have shingles, there are zero chances of me infecting 10 + other people around me with it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  4. #14004
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,082
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Atlantic article on why US vaccination rate has fallen to #36 on earth, provides three major reasons:

    No group is more likely to reject the vaccines than young Americans without insurance. Members of this group are disproportionately young and low-income and lack easy access to a doctor if something goes wrong. Many of them don’t know that the vaccine is free. Meanwhile, the fear of side effects is one of the most common reasons people give for avoiding the vaccines. This fear, compounded by a feeling of estrangement from the health system, is keeping many Americans from getting vaccinated.

    Americans aren’t radically different from Europeans on how much we trust public authorities or how readily we accept public-health restrictions to fight the pandemic. What makes the U.S. exceptional is our unusually low support for vaccines in general. The U.S. had significant levels of vaccine hesitancy before the pandemic.

    And of course, the politicization of vaccines in America.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nation/620201/
    Americans and Canadians are even less different but

    we got the exact same shit going on up here in northern BC/ alberta except everyone knows the HC is universal and the doctors are the same quality so thats not it

    alberta even tried givivng the holdouts 100$ which didnt work

    the only thing that appears to be working is vaccine passports which limit your abilty to participate in life without showing a code on your phone to porve you are vacccinated which allows you to go for a beer or a pizza

    and they say the exact same things in the ICU about big pharma or whatever cuz they read the exact same things on their device
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  5. #14005
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,116
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    so why isn’t it required?? This is a potentially deadly disease and we have a vaccine for that would limit hospitalization and death! Doesn’t anyone think about anyone else!?!?
    I would guess it’s because it’s not really contagious because almost everyone alive has had chicken pox or been vaccinated for chicken pox so it doesn’t really affect other people. Just a guess.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #14006
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Probably because the answers have been shitty and nobody has really addressed the fact that prior infection does in fact provide protection, or the fact that vaxxed simply get a pass even though they carry, get sick, and she'd the virus.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

    this is what I don’t get. They’re all worried about unvax’d giving Covid to someone else (asymptotically) but don’t give a fuck if they contract it and give it to someone else. There’s literally no proof that you guys aren’t getting it asymptotically and going around and giving it to other people. And yet you blame literally everyone else for you also potentially getting people sick.

    the hive mind here is so smart, I forgot some were medical doctors and they even helped make the vaccine! Therefore, any and all knowledge I have about anything is invalid!!

  7. #14007
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,363
    According to the CDC the unvaccinated transmit at a 5 times higher rate as the vaccinated and are 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid.

    Since this has been brought to your attention many many times it's not just your knowledge but also your innumeracy that is invalid.

    As an aside, are you a QAnon supporter?

  8. #14008
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,116
    The proof of lower transmission in highly vaccinated communities has been presented here multiple times. Just because there are breakthrough cases doesn’t mean greater transmission.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #14009
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The proof of lower transmission in highly vaccinated communities has been presented here multiple times.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh, like that matters to these two?

    Mtu is asking you to prove a negative with evidence. It’s a non-starter.

  10. #14010
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    According to the CDC, the unvaccinated transmit at 5 times the rate as the vaccinated.

    okay now do those same numbers for previously infected with antibodies - I’ll wait. And I’ll be here all week waiting for your reasoning that prior infection is infecting more than un-vaxx’d.

    I’ll just wait.

    edit: I’ll wait for anyone here to show me that by having antibodies, I still need to get the shot because my chances of dying are as drastic as if I was vaccinated and in my same age range. Same with me infecting someone else (more than a vaccinated person would). You guys can’t prove this and so all you can do is make a blanket law that keeps everyone except the hive mind from participating in society.

    its cool though… hitler wanted everyone to be Aryan ����♂️

  11. #14011
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,116
    We dropped the ball on contact tracing and follow up for previously infected. The level of protection likely varies greatly. Do you have a good long book?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #14012
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We dropped the ball on contact tracing and follow up for previously infected. The level of protection likely varies greatly. Do you have a good long book?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Protection varies greatly from the vaccinated too. People have gotten the shot and then found out they didn’t have antibodies after 6 months - that’s alarming.


    https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/...7-5e9278489b2f

    soooo you want to start that good, long book of yours now?

  13. #14013
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    okay now do those same numbers for previously infected with antibodies - I’ll wait. And I’ll be here all week waiting for your reasoning that prior infection is infecting more than un-vaxx’d.

    I’ll just wait.
    No need to wait. Just go back and reread the previous answers.


    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We dropped the ball on contact tracing and follow up for previously infected.
    To the extent that's true, it's also by design. A lot of the people whinging about it also don't want the government to have the data. Texas, for example, isn't even reporting demographic data to the CDC.

    I don't know why these idiots are crying about it on TGR when if this what they really want then they should be lobbying for a more efficient bureaucracy. It's almost as if they are using prior infection as yet another talking point to support the anti-vax narrative.

  14. #14014
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We dropped the ball on contact tracing and follow up for previously infected. The level of protection likely varies greatly. Do you have a good long book?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It varies greatly in vaxxed to...wtf???

    Also when I ask about prior infected immunity, shedding , someone misses the point entirely and says "blah blah unvaccinated shed more than vaxxed", never a thing about prior infected. Lol....plenty of info on prior infection having good protection..

    Keep on deflecting/ignoring/goal post moving.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #14015
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,363
    post #13998

    This isn't about teamwork lol ...


    actually, combating a pandemic IS about teamwork.

    I have not seen a single post in the last week ( Except yours ! !! ) that says YOU [ ...need to get (vaccinated) ?? ]


    but it is irresponsible to deny the value of vaccination - which appears to be the cause you have championed.


    you claim you have had covid - congratulations.
    . . . I wish we could give you an award that included the enlightenment of the lack of responsibility of your position.


    part of me thinks you are just here for entertainment -
    you love the argument ; you LOVE the attention.

    I wish we could give you an award, mtu -

    it IS about teamwork; it is not about YOUR antibodies - - but, hey, keep manufacturing quotations...


    goodBye, mtu -


    tj

  16. #14016
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It's almost as if they are using prior infection to support the anti-vax narrative.
    It’s almost as if you can’t discern the difference between prior infection and anti-vax! And I thought you guys were supposed to be smart….

    you can be anti-vax mandate and still be pro vaccine for the people that need it. I don’t plan on getting a shingles vaccine because, as you stated earlier, “it’s not a deadly disease”

    same with Covid for a prior infected, under 40 person. But you’ll never admit that because, “reeeeeeeeee trust the science - everyone needs a vaccine now and 6 months from now and another 6 months from then……”

  17. #14017
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    No need to wait. Just go back and reread the previous answers.

    It's almost as if they are using prior infection as yet another talking point to support the anti-vax narrative.
    Worse, they are promoting getting infected to acquire immunity in lieu of vaccination.

    Mtu has a pretty good history of being anti vaccine if I recall.

  18. #14018
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,767
    Asymptotically contracting COVID. People really take that for granite. And treat it like an escape goat.

  19. #14019
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    No need to wait. Just go back and reread the previous answers.




    To the extent that's true, it's also by design. A lot of the people whinging about it also don't want the government to have the data. Texas, for example, isn't even reporting demographic data to the CDC.

    I don't know why these idiots are crying about it on TGR when if this what they really want then they should be lobbying for a more efficient bureaucracy. It's almost as if they are using prior infection as yet another talking point to support the anti-vax narrative.
    Wrong. All conjecture and widely varied results. You see the ones you want, but the others exist. As you've all mentioned it's changing everyday as we learn more.

    What will you all say if it's ever found that prior infection is actually better long term? That would be a terrific day to watch you all backpeddle.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  20. #14020
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    IKeep on deflecting/ignoring/goal post moving.
    lol, your questions have been answered every day for weeks. Maybe it's beyond your ability to comprehend?

  21. #14021
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    post #13998

    This isn't about teamwork lol ...


    actually, combating a pandemic IS about teamwork.

    I have not seen a single post in the last week ( Except yours ! !! ) that says YOU [ ...need to get (vaccinated) ?? ]


    but it is irresponsible to deny the value of vaccination - which appears to be the cause you have championed.

    you claim you have had covid - congratulations.
    . . . I wish we could give you an award that included the enlightenment of the lack of responsibility of your position.

    part of me thinks you are just here for entertainment -
    you love the argument ; you LOVE the attention.

    I wish we could give you an award, mtu -

    it IS about teamwork; it is not about YOUR antibodies - - but, hey, keep manufacturing quotations...

    goodBye, mtu -


    tj

    hey Tj. You don’t know fuck all about how I got Covid or what happened after. I worked for a “essential business” and we couldn’t shut down. Wore my mask, still got Covid, I’m fine now.

    id love to see the “lack of responsibility” because before vaccines that was all you could do - “social distance” if that worked and wear a mask. And guess what! Millions still got infected with Covid!!! And now we’re just going to ostracize them from society because they have antibodies and don’t want an unnecessary vaccine (if they’re under 40)

    you need to get out and live life a little man… if you’re that worried about a virus, I’d hate to see how you ski. You ever leave the ground when you ski??

  22. #14022
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    It varies greatly in vaxxed to...wtf???
    WTF is a good point. It varies 1% as much among vaccinated as convalescent. 1% is equivalent in a very WTF kinda world.

  23. #14023
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    lol, your questions have been answered every day for weeks. Maybe it's beyond your ability to comprehend?
    you guys don’t have answers for anything about previously infected vs anti-vax spread or even previous infection isn’t as good as getting the vaccine anymore. There have been reports. You’re too ignorant to read or believe anything and yet you’re such a strong backer to this new vaccine it almost makes you wonder if you really are able to read and comprehend anything…

  24. #14024
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    hey Tj. You don’t know fuck all about how I got Covid or what happened after.
    You described your experience. You said you had a sniffle and wouldn't have known you were infected had you not gotten tested.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    you guys don’t have answers for anything about previously infected vs anti-vax spread or even previous infection isn’t as good as getting the vaccine anymore. There have been reports. You’re too ignorant to read or believe anything and yet you’re such a strong backer to this new vaccine it almost makes you wonder if you really are able to read and comprehend anything…
    Why do you lie about everything? I've said over and over prior convalescent infection is as good as vaccination. Prior +1 dose is even better and even less likely to transmit.

  25. #14025
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    You described your experience. You said you had a sniffle and wouldn't have known you were infected had you not gotten tested.
    And yet here I am still with my antibodies! Holy hell, it’s a fucking miracle! Just like the lady who got vaccinated and had absolutely 0 antibodies after her vaccine!! You guys never said jack shit about those vaccines not providing antibodies - I’m still waiting to hear you guys talk your way outta this one 😂😂😂

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •