Page 97 of 929 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 23206
    Where I live, the vast majority of vaccinations are being managed by state and regional health districts. Neither payment nor insurance have been requested or even mentioned in any of the docs, emails, or on-site. My understanding is that it's the same with pharmacies and pop-ups.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/reu...cine-1.5954871

America is loaning 4 million doses to Canada & Mexico
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Root...I have the same feeling about grabbing one of those shot openings for the weekend if they are still available Friday afternoon.

My moral way around the waiting was to sign up my wife to the Friday standby list. She's a little over 10 years out from her cancer treatments, so not technically 1b. But if they get a cancel, I'm sending her in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Missoula County Health Department
    Hundreds of appointments are open for Missoula County residents who fall under phase 1b+! If you qualify, now is your chance to beat the rush! We anticipate appointments will fill very fast once they open to the general public on April 1st, so don't hesitate and book now!
    Click here to see the available appointment options in the community:
    https://covid19.missoula.co/VaccineI...n#tblProviders
    LULZ

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    My moral way around the waiting was to sign up my wife to the Friday standby list. She's a little over 10 years out from her cancer treatments, so not technically 1b. But if they get a cancel, I'm sending her in.
    I thought cancer at any point in your life qualified for 1B+. I'd double check. And here's something fun: if you register for someone who qualifies, there is a spot to register another person and there does not appear to be any questions about qualifications for the +1.

good info, I'll check

Meanwhile in UT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E403C7CB-9671-494C-B664-57173ED02A9E.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	367881
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    1st phiser shots in the arm
    In a 15 minute
    I'd like to leave now
    Place
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I thought cancer at any point in your life qualified for 1B+. I'd double check. And here's something fun: if you register for someone who qualifies, there is a spot to register another person and there does not appear to be any questions about qualifications for the +1.
    It actually seems efficient. "If your gonna be here" Might as well get it out of the way.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    You can make whatever rationalization you want about get the shot before your cohort is opened up.

I have certain principles and in this case it’s not worth breaking them to queue jump. YMMV.
    Yeah, my personal compass is that I'll get the shot as soon as I can do so without lying about qualifying for it. I'm all for a "shortcut" if such a thing exists that meets that qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Insurance companies are paying providers, ins cos submit to gov for reimbursement. It's dumb. The provider relief fund was set to pay providers for uninsured people under Cares Act. Uninsured folks can search on an HHS website for providers participating in the PRF. Projections are that PRF is going to run out of cash and will have to reauthorized. Seems like the current administration will do so.

Edit-my opinion is that it would have saved a ton of hassle and cost to have people just go get a shot leaving insurance out of it. Sure there would have been some provider fraud. I bet it would have been less than what the private insurance companies are seeking over the Medicare reimbursement rate.
    Probably would have been easier, but I bet the insurance companies want to know which of their members have had the shot so they can build that into their utilization models.

As this point I wouldn't worry too much about jumping the line, especially when there are open appointments. At this point increasing the number of vaccinated in the population should be priority #1. You getting the shot DOES help the rest of the populace as well. If you can get it, then do so as soon as possible.

You are correct that ins cos want the info but there are ways for that to happen without the pay structure being the way it is. Meh, healthcare financing is so screwed up and inefficient in the US I guess this doesn't surprise me and really doesn't matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    As this point I wouldn't worry too much about jumping the line, especially when there are open appointments. At this point increasing the number of vaccinated in the population should be priority #1. You getting the shot DOES help the rest of the populace as well. If you can get it, then do so as soon as possible.
    This was the impression I got from the person who scheduled me. Happy to fill slots in a rural community. At brief mention of the 1, 1B... him: "Yeah, I'm not worried about any of that here".

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    This was the impression I got from the person who scheduled me. Happy to fill slots in a rural community. At brief mention of the 1, 1B... him: "Yeah, I'm not worried about any of that here".
    +whatever to that being how my small rural county is proceeding. One of our county hospitals just put out feelers this weekend and said "we have 900+ Pfizer doses we need to administer by Friday. Give us a call."

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I was told there's as much as 80% effectiveness 10 days to 2 weeks after the first shot, so you haven't been for a week and a half already. Or at least that's what the nice lady told me after she gave me a cool sticker to put on my ski pod.
    I've heard that as well, but I've been fastidiously cautious for 12+ months now, so I can keep it up a few more weeks to have that added modicum of confidence. I think Schindlerpiste of all people said this in another thread, but it's going to be a long time before I go anywhere indoors in public without a mask on.

So far so good after Pfizer #2. Administered at 8:16am, I was on the chairlift by 9:00, skied till 11:15 and went to work. Left shoulder is getting a little sore, but I'm about to do a workout, so perhaps the crash will come later. The strangest side effect I've noticed is that I spent most of today thinking about how the Zune was a fundamentally superior product to the iPod. Weird.

Props to the maggot who texted me a photo of him getting vaxxed while wearing his “I Skied With Harry” t-shirt. That made me smile. I would love to post the pic here, but it’s got his personal info, his call if he wants to photoshop out the info and post. Definitely made my day.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The strangest side effect I've noticed is that I spent most of today thinking about how the Zune was a fundamentally superior product to the iPod. Weird.
    The zune was 5g. Way ahead of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, my personal compass is that I'll get the shot as soon as I can do so without lying about qualifying for it. I'm all for a "shortcut" if such a thing exists that meets that qualification.
    This is 100 percent the right way to think about it. Get that shot in your arm as soon as you can so long as you're not dishonest about it.

Having the vaccination gives you peace of mind but it also protects everyone else. Leaving the shot sitting in the freezer for an extra day out of a sense of courtesy doesn't help anyone.

It's really nice to see everyone getting vaxxed up, by the way.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

What's weird is how slow Missoula County and Montana seem to be in rolling it out comparing some of you commented. Granted DPHHS is a stereotypical bureaucratic mess. Is it just a rural healthcare thing? The major population centers in MT seem pretty state of the art when it comes to healthcare normally.
    With so much availability in Missoula, might as well just make an appointment wherever you can even if you're not technically 1B+. If people aren't gonna take what's offered, fuck em.
    Root and other Missouliots, overheard someone talking about how Granite Pharmacy (?) is just giving them out first come first serve basically. Maybe check with them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/reu...cine-1.5954871

America is giving 4 million doses of non-FDA approved Astra Zeneca vaccine to Canada an Mexico to see how many people get blood clots before we let Americans have it.
    fify

In my county there is a centralized website (or phone if you can't) where you attest that you are eligible and a resident, then they text and e-mail you when your turn is up and tell you where to go.

Seems to be working great. I've signed a bunch of folks up. Super easy. No refreshing, or hunting and pecking for a location.

We live in IL, seems to be a bit of a free for all. Sign up at local health facility, Walgreens, Kroger...whatever you want. Seems to be working for the most part as they are vaccinating ~80-90k people/ day. Gut feeling is in 3-4 weeks you’ll be able to go in and get a shot just like a flu shot, make the appt in the AM, shot 2 hours later. In 6 weeks they’ll be running out of people to give it to.

I’m 2wk away from Moderna #2, no side effects for #1. Wifey is 2 days out from J&J, felt a little foggy/ almost hungover on day 2.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I had a bit of a feverish night after Pfizer #2. I didn't really sleep much, since oscillated between feeling chilled and feeling so hot I thought spontaneous combustion might be a possibility. It was definitely an evening where the on-or-off warmth of a duvet was inferior to sheets and blankets.

I've also been extremely thirsty. I've put back over 2 gallons of water since 8pm last night, and it still feels like I have a case of cottonmouth I can't shake.

Compared to COVID, this shit is AWESOME! Seriously.

Heard there was a surplus available yesterday afternoon at our local mass vaccination site in WV. Rushed over there and was able to get in on the last available batch on Pfizer. Feeling pretty good today other than a sore arm.

Unfortunately the building they do the vaccines in is this giant faraday cage posing as a large metal warehouse that basically blocks cell signals down to a measly 1 bar. Post-vaccine my cell service still sucked in there. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Heard there was a surplus available yesterday afternoon at our local mass vaccination site in WV. Rushed over there and was able to get in on the last available batch on Pfizer. Feeling pretty good today other than a sore arm.

Unfortunately the building they do the vaccines in is this giant faraday cage posing as a large metal warehouse that basically blocks cell signals down to a measly 1 bar. Post-vaccine my cell service still sucked in there. What's up with that?
    Oh I'm sorry, you got the placebo shot.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy