Page 576 of 929 FirstFirst ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... LastLast
Results 14,376 to 14,400 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    FK, you are annoying.
    True, but his sig is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How are we ever going to know whether it's the thoughts or the prayers that are working better if we always use both of them?
    Let me pray on that a bit & I’ll get back to you

Skidog is asking questions about something that hasn’t been implemented by OSHA yet. AFAIK- there is only a request from the President that they use their rule making authority to issue rules for vaccination or testing.

I'm curious how they knew that they were "false positives?"
    they were tested like 2 or 3 times subsequently, 2 rapid and another PCR all negative...

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Skidog is asking questions about something that hasn’t been implemented by OSHA yet. AFAIK- there is only a request from the President that they use their rule making authority to issue rules for vaccination or testing.
    I wondered if there was some written part of that OSHA req and how it would apply here. I understand that the mandate isn't in place yet, but we have some details, just wondered if the TGR think tank had something more...If not I can wait, I was just wondering is all..doesnt apply to me personally so, I guess i fall in the "fuck em" camp???

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

How are we ever going to know whether it's the thoughts or the prayers that are working better if we always use both of them?
    Testing is the answer

But whatever we do…keep doing both

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

The answers are in history:

Leper colonies!!

No Vax Containment Camps!!

Negative rapid tests gets you a day pass out to work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    they were tested like 2 or 3 times subsequently, 2 rapid and another PCR all negative...
    But isn't the vaccine supposed to decrease the duration of the infection? Maybe they were true positives, but cleared quickly? I don't know enough about the testing to know if this makes sense or not.

But isn't the vaccine supposed to decrease the duration of the infection? Maybe they were true positives, but cleared quickly? I don't know enough about the testing to know if this makes sense or not.
    nor do i....just what i had seen in the "news". I despise those cackling crows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The answers are in history:

Leper colonies!!

No Vax Containment Camps!!

Negative rapid tests gets you a day pass out to work.

Arent the Red states kinda doing this themselves? LOL

AFAIK, There is no exception to vaccination for federal employees, federal contractors or healthcare workers that work for an organization that takes Medicare.
    this^^^ is also my understanding.

of course, the other thing I saw last night was reports of lawsuits being filed to block the mandate -

... expect there to be significant pressure for expedited court action, but this is likely to take weeks to months ( to years ) ...

skiJ

And how do we know that either of them is safe? I mean if I accidentally pray to Shiva the destroyer?

Or if I think of Hitler?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Name:  Answers.png
Views: 295
Size:  505.6 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

^^^ I saw that yesterday and thought about this thread
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    this^^^ is also my understanding.

of course, the other thing I saw last night was reports of lawsuits being filed to block the mandate -

... expect there to be significant pressure for expedited court action, but this is likely to take weeks to months ( to years ) ...

skiJ
    I’m not sure that SCOTUS will touch this. Amy Coney Island already dismissed one such lawsuit without even commenting.

Pickleball old lady and her whole vaxxed household had some breakthroughs.

She was back out playing today, good as new. Makes me happy.

There should be a special acronym for the supreme court republicans of the united states.

AFAIK, There is no exception to vaccination for federal employees, federal contractors or healthcare workers that work for an organization that takes Medicare.
    It was an executive order which only affects executive branch employees. The majority of federal government employees get an exemption under the latest executive order, including all of Congress + staff.

Funny that the last sentence gets pushed under the rug considering the significance.

Rules for thee, but not for me.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...al-contractors

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Thanks

A lot of semantics. Why is J and J's second dose called a booster in the article? Instead of the second of two doses like mRNAs. I realize that booster is being applied to doses beyond the initial Phase 3 trial regimen, but why is it so hard to understand that the ideal regimen might change over time. Booster has become a dirty word for some people.

To put it another way--aren't the people who say the vaccines were tested too quickly right, in one limited sense? As I recall the trials for all the US approved vaccines combined Phase II ad Phase III, but Phase II is normally where different doses are compared, isn't it? and that I don't believe was done in the trials. So now we're beginning to find out what the ideal dose might be.
    they interviewed a researcher ( I think he was from U of texas) on " quirks and quarks " a cbc science show and he said a lot of the science was already done 5 yrs previous on SARS so they downloaded the data and knocked out a spiked protein model in < an hr from existing research,

also there was none of the usual foot dragging that happens in research instead of doing one after the other they were doing phase one/ two / three all at the same time to speed things up

On another show they interviewed the prof from UBC who worked on the delivery method, when asked how long he was working on this he said 40 yrs

So the vaccine is not < 2yrs old there was a lot of previous science and i think the Covid vaccine was not spun very well
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Thanks

A lot of semantics. Why is J and J's second dose called a booster in the article? Instead of the second of two doses like mRNAs. I realize that booster is being applied to doses beyond the initial Phase 3 trial regimen, but why is it so hard to understand that the ideal regimen might change over time. Booster has become a dirty word for some people.

To put it another way--aren't the people who say the vaccines were tested too quickly right, in one limited sense? As I recall the trials for all the US approved vaccines combined Phase II ad Phase III, but Phase II is normally where different doses are compared, isn't it? and that I don't believe was done in the trials. So now we're beginning to find out what the ideal dose might be.

goat -

I will take a crack at this - and gladly delete my post If Mofro, LSL, or Multi- have better information -

Please remember these vaccines were developed as part of an (emergency) response -
    that allows the Government And the Companies to streamline the development-and-approval process.
    still, testing is ongoing --

Please recognize the abcnews report is based on a (J&J) press release -
    thus, we are seeing a second interpretation
    ( for example, the report claims the second dose of J&J is 100% effective against 'severe disease'
    ( no one would make that claim based on science ( and testing ) ( - one would simply say, with a second dose, there were no cases of 'severe disease' in the testing ) --

regarding boosters and use of the term/word 'boosters' , I will speculate -

J&J developed a single-dose vaccine ;
    I believe the press release ( - not the abcnews article - ) used the term, 'second dose' , but
    the article uses the word booster, as it is commonly understood ;

my speculation is in the regulatory process, the term booster may have specific regulatory impact
    ( J&J may have to revise and refile their,,, ( vaccine for approval ) were they intending to alter their Approval ;

rather, with the additional testing, J&J appears to be able to move forward with their participation in the Vaccination program
    ( and may be later able to quietly amend their Approval., or it simply becomes a matter of 'accepted practice' for a second dose ( 'booster' ) to be administered two months to six months after the initial dose. )

regarding the idea of the term booster becoming a target of criticism ,,, I think I will say,
    the testing shows Vaccination with the vaccines provides protection ( immunity for a period of time. ) and
    additional testing confirms Vaccination provides protection And boosters provide additional protection ( greater immunity, And extended immunity )

If 'booster' is not the target of criticism, something else will be -

I have more, but I want to limit this post to responding to goat's post - before it is six pages buried.

thanks for ( listening) -- tj

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    It was an executive order which only affects executive branch employees. The majority of federal government employees get an exemption under the latest executive order, including all of Congress + staff.

Funny that the last sentence gets pushed under the rug considering the significance.

Rules for thee, but not for me.

Are you saying the majority of federal workers do not work for the executive branch?

I’m confused what your point is.

The only exemption is for reasons outlined by law.

I didn’t follow this story. But they likely had additional rapid tests and also PCR confirmation tests done immediately after getting pulled off the show.

A positive rapid test on an asymptomatic person should prompt isolation of that person until a PCR test confirms they have covid. If an additional rapid test and a PCR test were done and they all came back negative it would suggest the initial rapid test was a false positive.

Smrter people in here can correct me if I got this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    SCROTUS
    we've reached a quorom.
    Move upside and let the man go through...