Page 148 of 929 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3xb...ll-blood-clots

Good thing we’re stopping J&J and giving all the anti vaccine dip shits something to crow about. If anything good comes this whole thing maybe the anti vaxxer crop will get thinned
    I wonder how many anti-vaxxers would still be out there if COVID had the mortality rate of Ebola (90%). Or is it only cool to be an anti-vaxxer when a disease kills just a few million people?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    <snip> Or is it only cool to be an anti-vaxxer when a disease kills just a few million people?
    Probably this.

In the HTFU camp, my shoulder's still just a little sore a week and half after Moderna #1. Not really noticeable unless I'm using it.

Interesting about the vaccine clots. For a disease that causes lots of clotting problems. Maybe something about the spike provokes the clotting response and the very small amount of spike in the vaccines causes very few, but noticeable extra clotting issues. Somebody should do an experiment where they stick people with enough vaccines to cause spike levels equivalent to an infection. Unethical I suppose.

I remain a strong supporter of the pathological globalist vaccination drive. Get stuck! Or get sick. Get some immunity so we can move on.

Stolen from Instagram so it’s “peer reviewed”

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I wonder how many anti-vaxxers would still be out there if COVID had the mortality rate of Ebola (90%).
    About 10% of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I just watched 2 videos about this. Sounds like J&J is on a pause. What does that mean? When you're on emergency use and the fda says stop?

Wonder if j&j is selling off shore
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Wouldn't you expect basically the same rate (or proportionally similar anyway) of mild/undiagnosed among the general population?

In which case, if the time frame under study is around 2 months then there's no increase in clot risk with any vaccine except AZ. Which is still minimal.

ETA: maybe Americans need the "pause" to believe we're being too careful?
    Good point about underestimation in the gen pop. As far as risk--the vaccine clots as I understand it are happening within two weeks, while the figure for the gen pop is one year, so you have to divide that by 26 to get a comparable number. So general population 0.2/M, vaccine 1/M. Vaccine higher but same order of magnitude (ie less than 10X the risk.)

It seems like the vaccine doses were calculated to give high enough antibody levels to make them spectacularly effective as vaccines go. The clot risk might be reduced if the dose was reduced, but at what risk of Covid death and increased transmission? People are probably working on that now. Maybe decrease the dose for the high risk population--younger people, especially women I think.

Does anyone else know if there are other vaccines that cause blood clots? Quick google search fruitless. If this is only seen with Covid vaccines it seems likely it might be the spike proteins themselves that induce clotting, not the antibody response.

The clotting seems to be a consumption coagulopathy, where the body's clotting factors, especially platelets, are used up. These are hard to treat and the usual anticoagulants don't work well, partly because the patients, while clotting, are also prone to bleeding because of the lack of free clotting factors. I need to read more about this in the context of the vaccine. It's something I saw a lot of in practice--after trauma, sepsis, shock.

Has anyone noticed in the news reports if the women with clots were on birth control pills as well? The worst cases of consumption coagulopathy I saw were in young women. I don't know if any were on birth control, it didn't seem relevant at the time but maybe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    In the HTFU camp, my shoulder's still just a little sore a week and half after Moderna #1. Not really noticeable unless I'm using it.

Interesting about the vaccine clots. For a disease that causes lots of clotting problems. Maybe something about the spike provokes the clotting response and the very small amount of spike in the vaccines causes very few, but noticeable extra clotting issues. Somebody should do an experiment where they stick people with enough vaccines to cause spike levels equivalent to an infection. Unethical I suppose.

I remain a strong supporter of the pathological globalist vaccination drive. Get stuck! Or get sick. Get some immunity so we can move on.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021...sorder-becomes

Leading theory is that some of the adenovirus in the JnJ and AZ vaccines are not in tact when administered and the DNA contained within is then free to form a complex which is immunogenic and causes clotting.

"Among the 50 billion or so virus particles in each dose, some may break apart and release their DNA, Greinacher says. Like heparin, DNA is negatively charged, which would help bind it to PF4, which has a positive charge. The complex might then trigger the production of antibodies, especially when the immune system is already on high alert because of the vaccine. An immune reaction to extracellular DNA is part of an ancient immune defense triggered by severe infection or injury, Greinacher notes, and free DNA itself can signal the body to increase blood coagulation."

Numbers alone may not justify any kind of change, but FDA/CDC statement explains the response pretty well, I thought:

"Treatment of this specific type of blood clot is different from the treatment that might typically be administered. Usually, an anticoagulant drug called heparin is used to treat blood clots. In this setting, administration of heparin may be dangerous, and alternative treatments need to be given....we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution. This is important, in part, to ensure that the health care provider community is aware of the potential for these adverse events and can plan for proper recognition and management due to the unique treatment required with this type of blood clot."

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine

Moderna #2 done.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Moderna #2 done.
    woot woot

git sum

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    woot woot

git sum
    It’s a nice feeling! Hope you’re good man!

We have to be careful comparing risks between covid vaccine and other things. Wwe demand a bigger margin of safety for things that are preventative than for things that make you better. We also have to look at the relative benefit. With birth control pills if you don't take them it is highly likely that you will get pregnant and wind up with a kid or an abortion. With covid if you don't get the vax you will likely get infected at some point but if you're young and healthy will very likely have no or few symptoms and if you have symptoms you will very likely recover completely.

I'm not arguing against taking the J and J--I thing the math strongly favors it based on what we know so far. But it does influence how we talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Numbers alone may not justify any kind of change, but FDA/CDC statement explains the response pretty well, I thought:

"Treatment of this specific type of blood clot is different from the treatment that might typically be administered. Usually, an anticoagulant drug called heparin is used to treat blood clots. In this setting, administration of heparin may be dangerous, and alternative treatments need to be given....we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution. This is important, in part, to ensure that the health care provider community is aware of the potential for these adverse events and can plan for proper recognition and management due to the unique treatment required with this type of blood clot."

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine
    This is all quite vexxing.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This is all quite vexxing.
    so you're an anti-vexxer?

the Good Witch of Eastern Washington?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Hmmm... Wouldn't that make her an anti-hexer?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    so you're an anti-vexxer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Getting Pfizer #2 Thursday

So tired of a friend of a friend conspiracy theorist & anti-vaxxer asking me if I’ve seen “I am Legend”.

K.Q. The good, kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    I was reading an article earlier that in order to get more people vaccinated, the time between doses of Pfizer and Moderna could be longer. As long as you have 1 shot you are protected and can get the 2nd later.
    I heard Canada was scheduling 3 months or so between doses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    About 10% of them?
    LOL. If only....

KQ, you’ll appreciate this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DFE49CF-363C-4295-A1D9-8ECD79DEE856.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	254.9 KB 
ID:	371518

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    KQ, you’ll appreciate this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DFE49CF-363C-4295-A1D9-8ECD79DEE856.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	254.9 KB 
ID:	371518
    Har. Oy vey!

Colorado Maggots, are Moderna Vaccine appointments wide open at the Wally World in GJ?
    For out of staters?
    I need my second shot, and that could be convenient.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Whoops, yes.

Post, then smoke crack