Page 48 of 929 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know about the fermented food thing but it's no secret that Americans could eat better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    you don't understand. if you are not eating fermented kimchi, you might as well just give up. that's the real problem and the most direct and most impactful way to deal with COVID
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Look, nobody here denies that a healthy diet (fermented foods notwithstanding) and exercise are on the whole are a good thing.
    I know you all want to rip on me for my theories about a culture's routine use of fermented foods in their diet being possibly beneficial to their immune systems nationwide, so just wanted to drop these links here for your reading pleasure. Countless other studies out there if you do a quick Google search. Perhaps I'm totally off-base here, but then again maybe not. Worth looking into IMO...

Eating fermented food can give a boost to your immune system
    https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/ea...immune-system/

Metabolites of lactic acid bacteria present in fermented foods are highly potent agonists of human hydroxycarboxylic acid receptor 3
    https://journals.plos.org/plosgeneti...l.pgen.1008145

Bacteria in fermented food signal the human immune system, explaining health benefits
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0523142201.htm

Fermented foods can add depth to your diet - Health benefits come from the live microbes that thrive in foods such as yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...h-to-your-diet

Will a daily dose of fermented foods boost your health?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/fermented_foods

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    J&J has said they will have 100 million doses by end of April. Being a one dose vaccine that will be a huge benefit. So yes, most people that want the vaccine will have end it by the end of spring.
    Shit, if that's true, I can't depend on RAMROD being canceled for a 2nd year in a row. Better get started on putting in base miles.

Seriously, MontuckyFried? How many times have you posted the story of your friend the old military vet who would rather die than self impose any restrictions on his behavior? Maybe your Cosmo cover was just the easiest readiest example at hand, and it's always perilous ascribing intent, but from the outside looking in you consistently treated the pandemic like just another battle in America's never ending culture war.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Seriously, MontuckyFried? How many times have you posted the story of your friend the old military vet who would rather die than self impose any restrictions on his behavior? Maybe your Cosmo cover was just the easiest readiest example at hand, and it's always perilous ascribing intent, but from the outside looking in you consistently treated the pandemic like just another battle in America's never ending culture war.
    My impression of Austintuckey's argument:
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    this is gold Jerry

he should meet my redneck naturopath paddling bud who claimed Homosexuality could be cured with vitamin supplements
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Over the decades there have been a lot of foods that were supposed to be the cure for whatever ails you, based on sound laboratory research. The problem has been showing that the benefit is more than hypothetical, by comparing the health of people who eat the magic food and those who don't. Given the complexity of people's diets, the length of time such studies would require, and the unreliability of people's reports of their diet such studies are extremely difficult to carry out. (We certainly know that people whose gut bacteria has been wiped out by antibiotics and people with certain GI disorders benefit from introducing bacteria into the gut--sometimes in the form of stool, but the benefit of eating microbes for so-called healthy people is another story.)

J&J has said they will have 100 million doses by end of April. Being a one dose vaccine that will be a huge benefit. So yes, most people that want the vaccine will have end it by the end of spring.
    How many of those doses are staying in the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How many of those doses are staying in the U.S.?
    Cut and pasted this from January 22nd CNBC article.

I do know that J&J is making a very large supply, going all out with its production, both here in the U.S. and elsewhere around the world, with the goal of having perhaps enough vaccines for 100 million Americans by spring, by this April or so,” said the former FDA Commissioner in a Thursday evening interview on “The News with Shepard Smith.”

I do know that J&J is making a very large supply, going all out with its production, both here in the U.S. and elsewhere around the world, with the goal of having perhaps enough vaccines for 100 million Americans by spring, by this April or so,” said the former FDA Commissioner in a Thursday evening interview on “The News with Shepard Smith.”
    Awesome. I hope so, and I hope they can get them distributed and into arms quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this is gold Jerry

he should meet my redneck naturopath paddling bud who claimed Homosexuality could be cured with vitamin supplements
    Does he have a cocktail thay can make be taller, handsome and make my dick longer ? Asking for my wife.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Spokane County is starting mass vacc at the Spokane Arena, online signup.

As a mid-30’s healthy person that WFH and lives by myself, I feel like I’ll probably age into the over-50 bracket before I’m eligible at the pace we’re going.

Listening to this the current vacines will require a booster twice a year ish.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

California now has a web site you can register on so you can fool yourself into thinking you're getting closer. You can't make an appt, but supposedly they'll notify you when it's your turn, or your estate.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Listening to this the current vacines will require a booster twice a year ish.
    That is not at all what the Dr said.. JFC

This is such a good news, considering that they are making a traditional type of vaccine for this Covid. Now the only question is, are we gonna be on the list to get it first?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That is not at all what the Dr said.. JFC
    Watching this 4 minute version you are right. There is nothing about Wuhan, how these viruses work. how long they last. Nothing about the J&J vaccine. how its different.
    It's just not there. The video link was 8 min long when I watched it. Fuckin Weird
    I am sure the original is out there somewhere.

But I found this.
    https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/01/...n-dye-podcast/
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    My wife is a doctor. At one point we were discussing something health related and I was sort of doing what Montucky is doing and she said something to the effect of "I've been studying this stuff for years now. You don't have a baseline of knowledge to debate this with me and are making assumptions that are not grounded in the basic facts surrounding this issue."

It would be like me telling a PHD electrical engineer how to design a better OLED panel. It's just crazy when you step back and think for a second.
    Yup! No need to think for yourself. I mean, if a doctor says so, then surely it MUST be unquestionable truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yup! No need to think for yourself. I mean, if a doctor says so, then surely it MUST be unquestionable truth.

As usual, you completely miss the point and fail to make whatever yours is.

Austin is special, give him a break

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Merck calls it quits.

Vaccine manufacturer Merck has abandoned development of two coronavirus vaccines, saying that after extensive research it was concluded that the shots offered less protection than just contracting the virus itself and developing antibodies.

The company announced that the shots V590 and V591 were ‘well tolerated’ by test patients, however they generated an ‘inferior’ immune system response in comparison with natural infection.

The company stated that instead it will focus on research into therapeutic drugs labeled as MK-7110 and MK-4482.

The drugs aim to protect patients from the damage of an overactive immune response to the virus.

“Interim results from a Phase 3 study showed a greater than 50 percent reduction in the risk of death or respiratory failure in patients hospitalized with moderate to severe COVID-19,” the company’s statement noted of the MK-7110 drug.
    . . .

^^ Makes sense. Pfizer and Moderna, and likely AZ and J&J have pretty significant head starts with high efficacy. For Merck, a lesser efficacy and late to the distribution would likely mean a losing product, competitively. Probably a good move on their side to work toward the therapeutic side of the problem.

I wonder if Biden can use the defense production act to force the companies with vaccines to license them to companies with failed vaccines and order those companies to start making vaccine. I don't know enough about the process--maybe it would be too hard, require too much specialized equipment, or take to long for more companies to start making the good vaccines.

California is now "prioritizing" 65 year olds. “We believe that the cohort 65 and over needs to be prioritized alongside health care workers, first responders, food and agricultural workers and school staff and teachers,” Newsom said during his press conference.

In other words, same old same old. The state epidemiologist said it will take 20-22 weeks to vaccinate all the 65 year olds. The state simply cannot figure out how to stop fucking around and get the job done. CA has still not administered even half the doses it's been given.

More selfish assholes in California to report. My coworker, he's 26 years old, jumped the line and has had is first dose of moderna's vaccine. He WFH, has no regular interactions with people who are high risk, and lives by himself. What a waste.

He's very proud of himself for figuring out a way to jump the line though, telling everyone we work with. Evidently his friend is a pharmacist at an area hospital and was able to set aside one for him.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I'm so glad we finally have a real president and administration. We'd be fucked if Trump were still in office.

"As part of the new efforts announced Tuesday, the US will buy 100 million more doses from Pfizer/BioNTech and 100 million more from Moderna -- the two-dose vaccines that have been granted emergency use authorization by the US Food and Drug Administration. "

"The President also took action on Tuesday to increase the weekly vaccine supply to states, tribes and territories -- upping the current 8.6 million doses to a minimum of 10 million doses weekly."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/polit...day/index.html

He can buy all he wants. Pfizer and Moderna still have to make them. It's not as easy as making toilet paper.