Page 220 of 929 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Yup, same dose. And in my area, they’re ramping up the get-your-kid-vaccinated theme. The middle school is setting up a vax clinic this week; my kid’s getting the jab.
    If I had kids in that age range, I'd want to actually see the data before jumping in. Again, read this;

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...001271296.html

^ Thanks. I'll read up on it. Thing is, we're probably looking at at least one of his summer activities requiring vax.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    If I had kids in that age range, I'd want to actually see the data before jumping in. Again, read this;

Surprising to me that he doesn't consider the epidemiological reason to vaccinate teens. They do spread the virus. People are still dying of the virus. There are people --like the cancer patients he so proudly takes care of--whom the vaccine won't protect. Does he want his chemo patients hanging around their unvaxxed unmasked kids--what if they are their kids? That's a pretty arrogant blog--I don't think I'd want him as my cancer doc.

Not sure about no/low chance of kids dying of COVID.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-covid-kil...151537544.html

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Surprising to me that he doesn't consider the epidemiological reason to vaccinate teens. They do spread the virus. People are still dying of the virus. There are people --like the cancer patients he so proudly takes care of--whom the vaccine won't protect. Does he want his chemo patients hanging around their unvaxxed unmasked kids--what if they are their kids? That's a pretty arrogant blog--I don't think I'd want him as my cancer doc.
    That’s my take. Sounds like a pompous asshole

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oh he's definitely arrogant and fond of the attention. He's a "by the numbers" guy who has made his reputation on the shortcoming of the clinical trials process which in some ways is VERY refreshing. His argument is that adults need to man up until the safety data for children is released and/or this becomes a full blown approval for children rather than an EUA (those are obviously connected events). Hard to disagree with that.

This country has a great track record of the adults "manning up" when it comes to covid.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another 550 people jabbed today at the last mass vax clinic in W2. Most were 2nd jabs but we also had a fair number of kids under 16.

Going forward vax clinics will be smaller but more frequent accepting both pre-registration and walk-in. Clinics are also scheduled for area schools.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This country has a great track record of the adults "manning up" when it comes to covid.
    This.

And I think all this talk about "I don't trust what's in it" and "it's my choice not to get it" and the myriad of other horseshit reasons... what it boils down to is they're a bunch of adult-baby fucking chicken-shits afraid of needles. They need to HTFU.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

I had just assumed that my kid wouldn't want to take it, given that his history of indefinitely postponing flu shots about every other year, which wouldn't have bothered me too much, for the reasons in your link, plus I expect our area is going to crush out Covid better than most. But, as of now, he wants it, because he wants to hang out and do things with more than a few other people at once without bothering with masks or distancing (or possibly not being allowed to attend some things), and I'm even less worried about vax side effects than I am about his (granted, low) Covid risks. So... fine. Unless he chickens out between now and Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I had just assumed that my kid wouldn't want to take it, given that his history of indefinitely postponing flu shots about every other year, which wouldn't have bothered me too much, for the reasons in your link, plus I expect our area is going to crush out Covid better than most. But, as of now, he wants it, because he wants to hang out and do things with more than a few other people at once without bothering with masks or distancing (or possibly not being allowed to attend some things), and I'm even less worried about vax side effects than I am about his (granted, low) Covid risks. So... fine. Unless he chickens out between now and Wednesday.
    At the clinic today there were families of 2, 3, 4 kids coming in to get vaxxed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I know you know science. But the 95% number, oft repeated, is 95% less likely to get seriously ill or hospitalized.

When the 95% number hit the press, I actually looked into the studies. It’s not 95% against getting covid at all.

Not saying there isn’t value there. Just media ignorance.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7906690/

Do you have a source for this claim?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Good article. (I assume that is unedited, maybe not peer-reviewed, given the (I asume) Italian author's less than perfect English. Or he could be a maggot. On second thought, his English is too good for that.)

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Thx for supporting my statement.

My wife lost taste and smell. Had brain fog for two weeks. Etc. three months after jab. Those sound like “symptoms” to me. Who can say if the jab kept her from being worse than that.

I slept 36 hours. Lethargic for two more days. Never lost taste.

Teen boys barely showed it although the oldest did lose taste as well.

Ymmv
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Going forward vax clinics will be smaller but more frequent accepting both pre-registration and walk-in. Clinics are also scheduled for area schools.
    This seems to be working. My vaccine hesitant friend got his Saturday at a walk in clinic at his small town fire station. He’s been eligible for months but couldn’t be bothered to set up an account online and register. The ability to walk in locally and get a shot on demand made it easier. Even the town volunteer fire chief was there and got the shot, months after he was eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Thx for supporting my statement.

My wife lost taste and smell. Had brain fog for two weeks. Etc. three months after jab. Those sound like “symptoms” to me. Who can say if the jab kept her from being worse than that.

I slept 36 hours. Lethargic for two more days. Never lost taste.

Teen boys barely showed it although the oldest did lose taste as well.

Ymmv
    Sounds more like the virus than the vaccine. I have not heard of lost taste from the vaccine.

Are you sure that you didnt get covid around the same time as getting vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    This seems to be working. My vaccine hesitant friend got his Saturday at a walk in clinic at his small town fire station. He’s been eligible for months but couldn’t be bothered to set up an account online and register. The ability to walk in locally and get a shot on demand made it easier. Even the town volunteer fire chief was there and got the shot, months after he was eligible.
    Are we misunderestimating the laziness factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Sounds more like the virus than the vaccine. I have not heard of lost taste from the vaccine.

Are you sure that you didnt get covid around the same time as getting vaccinated?

Consider the source.

Sent out invitations to our baby shower/delayed engagement party/delayed wedding reception. Clearly said, "all attendees must be vaccinated" b/c we have a couple OLD folks (90+) and someone who just finished up chemo a couple months ago attending. Was out golfing with some friends who will be attending and found out they both are not vaccinated and weren't planning to say anything. Im conflicted what to do- they both had covid last summer so its not like they are totally unprotected... and she is trying to get pregnant and was advised by her old docter in a southern state to avoid the vaccine for now. Might just tell my buddy he needs to get it though. He says he just "hasnt had the time". ugh. First time im having an issue like this with a friend as everyone else i know is on the same page even the super brobrahs (they used the logic, compared to all the bad shit i put in my body regularly and dangerous shit i do for fun, an untested vaccine is low down on the risk scale haha).

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    an untested vaccine is low down on the risk scale haha
    Umm

I’m going to throw this out there, the vaccine isn’t untested

Sent out invitations to our baby shower/delayed engagement party/delayed wedding reception. Clearly said, "all attendees must be vaccinated" b/c we have a couple OLD folks (90+) and someone who just finished up chemo a couple months ago attending. Was out golfing with some friends who will be attending and found out they both are not vaccinated and weren't planning to say anything. Im conflicted what to do- they both had covid last summer so its not like they are totally unprotected... and she is trying to get pregnant and was advised by her old docter in a southern state to avoid the vaccine for now. Might just tell my buddy he needs to get it though. He says he just "hasnt had the time". ugh. First time im having an issue like this with a friend as everyone else i know is on the same page even the super brobrahs (they used the logic, compared to all the bad shit i put in my body regularly and dangerous shit i do for fun, an untested vaccine is low down on the risk scale haha).
    The pregnant wife really should get a 2nd opinion...

But say something to your friend, like, it'd mean a lot to us for you to be there, but to be there we want you vaccinated.

and yeah, it's been tested a few million times over now... and before that too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If they're big enough assholes to disrespect your request around a baby shower and lie about their status, they aren't worth shit friend-wise. If you disagree - sure, but say something.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    If they're big enough assholes to disrespect your request around a baby shower and lie about their status, they aren't worth shit friend-wise. If you disagree - sure, but say something.
    agreed
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy