Page 708 of 929 FirstFirst ... 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... LastLast
Results 17,676 to 17,700 of 23206
    The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Sounds like you should get tested. You might have been coming down with it before the jab. The extremity numbness and loss of taste are pretty common symptoms of COVID. I've not heard of anyone experiencing those from the vaccine..
    Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Get your thyroid checked. I’ve heard multiple stories from people I know that have had issues post vaccine. Two had known thyroid issues prior to getting vaccinated.

My wife was reluctant to get the vaccine, her Dr., prior to the vaccine coming out, told her to wait and see. A year later, she finally got a first dose, she didn’t have any real acute symptoms post injection. Since then, she’s felt like complete shit. Her thyroid levels are completely insane now. Heart attack level. Dr. upped her dosage. She won’t be getting the 2nd.
    The other person we know, had crazy acute symptoms immediately post shot, and thyroid also whacked out.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33858208/
    Thank you both for the advice, it is much appreciated.

This morning -- 36 hrs past P#3 -- I have a very nice transformation. Chills, shakes and numbness totally gone, pretty amazing when you think about it.

Slept last night for about 10 hrs occasionally waking up then falling right back to sleep. Soreness in shoulder is gone, in arm it's about 5% of what it was, still a small amount at the injection point. In general body muscles feel a little slow and groggy, I wouldn't do a 10 or 20 mile bike ride. Some light maintenance tasks around the house seem entirely doable.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Or you end up with both - Delta infecting the unvaccinated, and Omicron infecting the vaccinated.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...twin-outbreaks
    It sure seemed to me like a ton of fully vaccinated people I know still got Delta. Omnicron may be the same and hopefully even more mild symptoms.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    It sure seemed to me like a ton of fully vaccinated people I know still got Delta.
    My immediate questions:
    Are you in a hot zone?
    What exactly in your mind is “a ton”?
    Like Aaron Rodgers fully vaccinated? Or like Fauci Ouchie vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Thank you both for the advice, it is much appreciated.

This morning -- 36 hrs past P#3 -- I have a very nice transformation. Chills, shakes and numbness totally gone, pretty amazing when you think about it.

Slept last night for about 10 hrs occasionally waking up then falling right back to sleep. Soreness in shoulder is gone, in arm it's about 5% of what it was, still a small amount at the injection point. In general body muscles feel a little slow and groggy, I wouldn't do a 10 or 20 mile bike ride. Some light maintenance tasks around the house seem entirely doable.
    That’s about the same progression I had with P3, except I woke up in the middle of night #3 soaked in sweat and feeling OK.
    Spent the next day setting up tents for our little town’s annual music fest and felt fine.

I have zero thyroid issues. Ms TBS takes meds for her thyroid and had zero reaction to any of her three Covid jabs

We've been in a pretty heavy exposure delta cycle, taking care of in laws.
    Cooking, cleaning, loading into cars and extracting from cars for hospital visits.

I don't think it's just luck we didn't get it.

Last week 3 of us got the booster, next day was woozy, arms a little sore, but nothing like what some describe here. All of us had 2 Pfizer sticks, 2 of us had Moderna boosters and 1 had a Pfizer booster.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Had zero issues with the first two shots - got my booster yesterday morning and this one is kicking my Fing ass…. The fatigue, chills and constant headache blows…! Still stoked I got the booster especially with all my pending traveling but holy shit I know others have had it way worse and my empathy goes out…!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    My immediate questions:
    Are you in a hot zone?
    What exactly in your mind is “a ton”?
    Like Aaron Rodgers fully vaccinated? Or like Fauci Ouchie vaccinated?
    My niece got Delta after double Pfizer doses. I don't know of anyone else that had a breakthrough case. She had it pretty mild too...some cold like symptoms for three days. Of course my BIL, her dad, said "see, the vaccines don't work" to which I said "well, she didn't end up in the hospital, on a vent, or dead so maybe the vaccine worked great?" He was not sold.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Get your thyroid checked. I’ve heard multiple stories from people I know that have had issues post vaccine. Two had known thyroid issues prior to getting vaccinated.

My wife was reluctant to get the vaccine, her Dr., prior to the vaccine coming out, told her to wait and see. A year later, she finally got a first dose, she didn’t have any real acute symptoms post injection. Since then, she’s felt like complete shit. Her thyroid levels are completely insane now. Heart attack level. Dr. upped her dosage. She won’t be getting the 2nd.
    The other person we know, had crazy acute symptoms immediately post shot, and thyroid also whacked out.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33858208/
    Same thing with a good friend of mine who is otherwise young/healthy but has major thyroid issues. Her doc told her not to get the vaccine.

Remember to be hydrated when you get your booster. I’m scheduled for Sunday…

They are on the tough sell right now. Selling unvaxed that it works and is the best thing since sliced bread. While also selling vaxed people that it's great but you need more shots or you will never be safe.
    Now telling everyone that they will need need more updated boosters to fight the New variant. Can we just add a subscription model to these things yet, that way I'll always have the newest software with the best security.
    Do I get my passport with the old shots or the new ones? That old one is obsolete so I guess I need 2 or 3 of the new one if I am to get my travel pass.
    I guess I'll just keep buying their stock as long as this madness continues.

Flame on people...

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    They are on the tough sell right now. Selling unvaxed that it works and is the best thing since sliced bread. While also selling vaxed people that it's great but you need more shots or you will never be safe.
    Now telling everyone that they will need need more updated boosters to fight the New variant.
    The reason pharma companies make a lot of money is because the drugs they produce actually work. Really that's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Now telling everyone that they will need need more updated boosters to fight the New variant. Can we just add a subscription model to these things yet, that way I'll always have the newest software with the best security.
    Do I get my passport with the old shots or the new ones? That old one is obsolete so I guess I need 2 or 3 of the new one if I am to get my travel pass.
    I guess I'll just keep buying their stock as long as this madness continues.

Flame on people...

What would you propose as an alternative solution

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The reason pharma companies make a lot of money is because the drugs they produce actually work. Really that's the bottom line.
    Not entirely true, given the leverage of public funded research and ridiculous price fixing.

But yeah, those issues are irrelevant with regard to the benefits of the covid vaxes.

Nothing's perfect. I'm amazed by people who think everything in life should be.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not entirely true, given the leverage of public funded research and ridiculous price fixing.
    Sure, the point being they've pretty much got us over a barrel because they do produce effective products.

A region near me recently decided to offer J+J as an alternative option. All the responses from the unvaxxed were “oh the ones who put cancer in the baby powder? No thanks!”

Some people will find any excuse and at the same time paint themselves as a critical thinker doing their own research.

Third day after Pfizer booster for me (received it Wednesday afternoon). My body is still not regulating its temperature well. Yesterday was rough but not as intense as moderna. I was in the clear at this point for moderna. My wife got her Pfizer booster yesterday. Last night was rough for her, but she’s all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fuck Oroville. CA should expel it from the state. Let 'em fix their own damn dam, or drown when it starts to fail again. They were happy to be part of CA and the USA when FEMA and the state were picking up the $1B repair bill the last time.
    I’m certain that oroville is still receiving fema money: dam (owned by the state), floods, and wildfire

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Blind faith in what

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    True but they only invest in research towards expensive temporary remedies... No recurring revenue in permanent cures...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    The shit going on in Germany/Switzerland, Australia, etc. is absolutely crazy. Never thought I would see this level of totalitarianism.
    your post count is weird.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Same thing with a good friend of mine who is otherwise young/healthy but has major thyroid issues. Her doc told her not to get the vaccine.
    My neighboor had a Delta breakthrough case a month ago- she said it was the worst ~10 days she's ever felt and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Her 5 yro brought it home from preschool but she remained asymptomatic, and her vaxxed husband was tested every 48hr for 14 days over her infection and remained negative.

Turns out she was treated for thyroid cancer in Feb this year prior to getting the vax so she was immunocompromised.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The shit going on in Germany/Switzerland, Australia, etc. is absolutely crazy. Never thought I would see this level of totalitarianism.

Don't be fooled, every government has the ability to take total control if needed.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Get informed.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline/all
    Move upside and let the man go through...