Page 525 of 929 FirstFirst ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,125 of 23206
    Police reported that the KFC items were lost en route to the evidence storage unit.

I’m calling bullshit, it wasn’t donuts

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

IDK, they knew not to disclose the amount of fries, so it seems legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    They blamed the Jews for Typhoid before giving them passports and then stars.
    Skipping all the crazy levels why your analogy sucks horribly, let's take it primae facie:

Once a Jew, always a Jew, according to the Nazis. Doesn't matter if you are a baptized practicing Lutheran, if your 3 Jewish grandparents was a Jew, even 1 Jewish granparent and you were unpure, and in some cases a Jewish relative in the last ~200 years, you were marked.

Being unvaccinated is not an immutable characteristic like race, religion, ethnicity, or other heritable traits. Almost everyone can get a COVID vaccine. Only Christian Scientists and Dutch Reform expressly prohibit vaccines. If you add these religious exemptions to medical contraindications you are barely at 1%.

The following is NOT a sincerely held religious belief: "I don't wanna vax cuz my political twitter crush said I gotta ownz da libz!"
    The following is NOT a legitimate medical exemption: "Natural Newz says vax turns me into a magnetic 5G antenna and I'm allergic to WiFi!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

According to the Google, Christian Scientist and Dutch Reform both leave vaccination up to the individual. As with every denomination I've seen mentioned all year. The only people seeking religious exemptions are the church of You Can't Tell Me What To Do. AKA The Lucifarians.

UN General Assembly vaccine policy is "honor system"....

Jesus H, want to see crazy antivax posts? Search Instagram for #donotcomply Tens of thousands of moronic antivax bullshit posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Skipping all the crazy levels why your analogy sucks horribly, let's take it primae facie:

Once a Jew, always a Jew, according to the Nazis. Doesn't matter if you are a baptized practicing Lutheran, if your 3 Jewish grandparents was a Jew, even 1 Jewish granparent and you were unpure, and in some cases a Jewish relative in the last ~200 years, you were marked.

Being unvaccinated is not an immutable characteristic like race, religion, ethnicity, or other heritable traits. Almost everyone can get a COVID vaccine. Only Christian Scientists and Dutch Reform expressly prohibit vaccines. If you add these religious exemptions to medical contraindications you are barely at 1%.

The following is NOT a sincerely held religious belief: "I don't wanna vax cuz my political twitter crush said I gotta ownz da libz!"
    The following is NOT a legitimate medical exemption: "Natural Newz says vax turns me into a magnetic 5G antenna and I'm allergic to WiFi!"
    I love how people equate being Jewish as a choice like not getting vaccinated. Sure Judaism is a religion but the Nazis hated Jews, the ethnic group.

Dipshits be dippin'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newberg bf.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	503.3 KB 
ID:	386139

Alaska reports seven new COVID-19 deaths as grim stories emerge from Providence hospi

Amid continued high numbers of new infections, officials reported seven new deaths from COVID-19 in Alaska on Monday — the state announced five, and officials in Juneau and on the North Slope announced one each.

The state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, announced last week it was shifting to crisis standards of care and rationing treatment due to a combination of staffing shortages and COVID-19 cases that accounted for about a third of the hospital’s patients.

It’s likely the hospital will remain in crisis mode for at least another two weeks “while we wait for this current surge to flatten and then dip back down,” chief of staff Dr. Kristen Solena Walkinshaw said in a media briefing Monday.

Providence decided to enact crisis standards on Sept. 11 as the hospital ran short on ventilation equipment -- mostly used by COVID-19 patients — as well as staff and machines needed for dialysis, according to Solena Walkinshaw.

A triage team using a specific formula to prioritize patients most likely to recover has been asked to help with several patient care decisions since then. Being vaccinated against COVID-19 is not part of the formula.

One person died who was unable to get the continuous renal replacement therapy they needed, she said. Four patients needed the therapy and only two could get it. The patient who survived without dialysis remains hospitalized in a palliative care setting.

Another decision involved deciding which patient got intubated because there weren’t enough beds in the ICU, where seriously ill COVID-19 patients often end up.

Another patient died at a rural hospital because they needed cardiac catheterization and was “waiting for a bed to free up so we could transfer them,” she said.

Providence set up a three-person wellness team to help doctors and nurses struggling with these kinds of decisions, as well as the rigors of dealing with younger, more severely ill COVID-19 patients including pregnant women, some of whom have died of the virus, Solena Walkinshaw said.

The current crisis is hitting ER and ICU doctors, and respiratory therapists, especially hard now, she said. Someone spat on a Providence resident as he left work. Families continue to deny that the virus is real even as they’re saying goodbye to their loved ones on a video call as they get taken off life support.

“Health care has become politicized and our entire country is polarized and there’s so much discordance around particularly COVID,” Solena Walkinshaw said. “Our health care workers feel incredibly unappreciated.”

The hospital’s emergency room was much less busy late last week, but ambulances keep coming and beds are still full, she said. “The scarcity is most severely felt in staffing. So, you know, we’re all pulling together. We have a lot of caregivers out themselves with either symptoms or COVID-positive right now.” ...

Name:	6DH7IMF6DJFY7PGX4NZP4LIS64.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	386143

Name:	EFDIVS3BC5D7DFN3RK6Z36L3XQ.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	386144

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021...l-under-siege/

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Dipshits be dippin'

Name:  butnevermind.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  13.8 KB

I feel like a “sincerely held” religious exemption from vaccination also needs to come with a signed, on file medical order to withhold other applicable care.

It seems like all you need to do to get one though is the avoid tying it to personal preference or politics.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Dipshits be dippin'

That whole school district is a dumpster fire lately.

If these are the people we are worried about leaving their jobs and causing staffing issues I say good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Amid continued high numbers of new infections, officials reported seven new deaths from COVID-19 in Alaska on Monday — the state announced five, and officials in Juneau and on the North Slope announced one each.

The state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, announced last week it was shifting to crisis standards of care and rationing treatment due to a combination of staffing shortages and COVID-19 cases that accounted for about a third of the hospital’s patients.

It’s likely the hospital will remain in crisis mode for at least another two weeks “while we wait for this current surge to flatten and then dip back down,” chief of staff Dr. Kristen Solena Walkinshaw said in a media briefing Monday.

Providence decided to enact crisis standards on Sept. 11 as the hospital ran short on ventilation equipment -- mostly used by COVID-19 patients — as well as staff and machines needed for dialysis, according to Solena Walkinshaw.

A triage team using a specific formula to prioritize patients most likely to recover has been asked to help with several patient care decisions since then. Being vaccinated against COVID-19 is not part of the formula.

One person died who was unable to get the continuous renal replacement therapy they needed, she said. Four patients needed the therapy and only two could get it. The patient who survived without dialysis remains hospitalized in a palliative care setting.

Another decision involved deciding which patient got intubated because there weren’t enough beds in the ICU, where seriously ill COVID-19 patients often end up.

Another patient died at a rural hospital because they needed cardiac catheterization and was “waiting for a bed to free up so we could transfer them,” she said.

Providence set up a three-person wellness team to help doctors and nurses struggling with these kinds of decisions, as well as the rigors of dealing with younger, more severely ill COVID-19 patients including pregnant women, some of whom have died of the virus, Solena Walkinshaw said.

The current crisis is hitting ER and ICU doctors, and respiratory therapists, especially hard now, she said. Someone spat on a Providence resident as he left work. Families continue to deny that the virus is real even as they’re saying goodbye to their loved ones on a video call as they get taken off life support.

“Health care has become politicized and our entire country is polarized and there’s so much discordance around particularly COVID,” Solena Walkinshaw said. “Our health care workers feel incredibly unappreciated.”

The hospital’s emergency room was much less busy late last week, but ambulances keep coming and beds are still full, she said. “The scarcity is most severely felt in staffing. So, you know, we’re all pulling together. We have a lot of caregivers out themselves with either symptoms or COVID-positive right now.” ...

Name:	6DH7IMF6DJFY7PGX4NZP4LIS64.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	386143

Name:	EFDIVS3BC5D7DFN3RK6Z36L3XQ.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	386144

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021...l-under-siege/
    Does that mean that the hospital workers are unvaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I feel like a “sincerely held” religious exemption from vaccination also needs to come with a signed, on file medical order to withhold other applicable care.

It seems like all you need to do to get one though is the avoid tying it to personal preference or politics.
    That's definitely the case in Oregon. The hippie family down the street from us is in the personal preference camp.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

A vocal contingent has spent a lot of time arguing even if we reach a 100% vaccination it won't make any difference. Marin county California is approaching 100% vaccination of eligible residents and they have some of lowest case/death rates in the country.

90.7% of residents 12 and older were fully vaccinated. A whopping 97.3% of Marin’s eligible population has received at least one vaccine dose. It's paying off with a clear correlation between high vaccination rates and low case rates. Daily cases are around 10 per 100,000 residents, among the lowest in the nation and less than half the average in California. Since just after the beginning of September deaths per 100k are at zero.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...f-16474541.php

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Does that mean that the hospital workers are unvaccinated?

That's definitely the case in Oregon. The hippie family down the street from us is in the personal preference camp.
    I mentioned it a few pages back. There are still plenty of health care workers in the "no vax" camp. The mandates only seem to be making that situation worse.

I have also read another issue we will soon see is a child care one. Parents had to pick up the slack in 2020, due to home schooling, many parents leaving jobs to do so. Now they want back in the workforce, but there isnt anyone to take care of kids. Preschools and daycares are suffering a worker shortage, mostly due to shitty pay, but also Covid didnt help.

We are in for a few mighty rough years I imagine.

That is impressive MV!

Just got my Aflruia quad 21/22 flu shot. Back to 4G.

I'm 50 but they wouldn't give me shingles 1 because they want me to wait 2 weeks? Wtf. Do all these places have different rules or is that actually a thing? Walgreens.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

“My body. My choice.”

Then:

“ Another patient died at a rural hospital because they needed cardiac catheterization and was “waiting for a bed to free up so we could transfer them,” she said.”

How fucking mad and sad would you be to lose a family member because some other ‘patriots’ wanted to own the Libs and just not get the vaccine out of spite and in the name of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I mentioned it a few pages back. There are still plenty of health care workers in the "no vax" camp. The mandates only seem to be making that situation worse.
    How could that be? Is there a way to unvaccinate someone who previously was vaccinated?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A vocal contingent has spent a lot of time arguing even if we reach a 100% vaccination it won't make any difference.
    Of course getting to 100% vaccination for a particular spot will help, but what really matters is getting to 100% worldwide. That's what everyone's focus should be on at this point. Interesting that Marin has such a high vaccination rate since that area birthed the modern anti-vax movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    How could that be? Is there a way to unvaccinate someone who previously was vaccinated?
    dont follow what you mean? The Biden mandate isnt in place until sometime in October. something like 17 million health care workers for facilities that receive Federal/Medicaid $..

Did you have some thought that all health care workers were vaccinated? Plenty of stories around last few weeks about nurses quitting, maternity wards shutting down due to staff issues. In fact I posted that exact story a few pages back...

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...760946a6fb89be

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

The following is NOT a sincerely held religions belief: "I don't wanna vax cuz my political twitter crush said I gotta ownz da libz!"
    Wrong on the Christian Scientists (though you would think they'd be anti). They believe it is their duty to follow the law and protect the health of the greater community.

and while we're on the subject of religions and jabs, I thougt this was pretty funny:

Pope Francis Tells Vaccine Skeptics to Stop Being Idiots and Get Their Shots
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    dont follow what you mean?
    His point is you're either vaccinated or you're not, so how can it make it worse? I know your point was that the mandate might further entrench those who have yet to get vaccinated, but his point is the mandate can only cause people who are currently unvaccinated to get vaccinated. So it might not work as well as one would hope, but it can only cause additional people to get vaxxed.

Seth MacFarlane explains it better than most governments.

Not sure if I should laugh or cry at that.