Page 683 of 929 FirstFirst ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... LastLast
Results 17,051 to 17,075 of 23206
    I figured Russia would be much higher.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I figured Russia would be much higher.
    Because Russians have such strong trust in their government? The whole reason for Russian trolling is that they know first hand how much damage it can do. With Sputnik's testing program of direct public rollout it seems like they're doing well to get as many as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    had to look at that, strange that germany and US about the same , whereas far western eg Spain is very good, france better than Germany who would of thought
    I think is largely due to the fact that Spain, Italy and France got hammered early on with deaths and lockdowns. Germany did pretty well, until now

In Euro seems to be a real west to east thing but surprizing how eastern euro Germany is?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I think is largely due to the fact that Spain, Italy and France got hammered early on with deaths and lockdowns. Germany did pretty well, until now
    but then why did Australia do so well? just as a question. Though I see your point looking at cumulative deaths Portugal had a supper bad 2nd wave and is very vaxxed , but Beligum has one of the worst death rates but meh vaxx rate seems to be correlation but certainly other factors like culture play a big part
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Haven't heard any "ya butwhattabout Sweden" in awhile.. Didn't their death rate per capita blow neighboring countries away after that experiment? How's their vax rollout going?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yes it is so odd, some people/nations/regions follow the advice and others are super "sceptical"

There is always reasons but hard to figure out.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...NwaXRhbCgF;mv:

This is the rating of a university hospital in south portugal.... go to the 1 star rating and read!!!

Also consider average portugese income is 950usd per month.
    Last edited by nordekette; 11-18-2021 at 01:49 PM. Reason: link updated

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Haven't heard any "ya butwhattabout Sweden" in awhile.. Didn't their death rate per capita blow neighboring countries away after that experiment? How's their vax rollout going?
    curious too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer (10).png 
Views:	84 
Size:	438.5 KB 
ID:	393182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer (11).png 
Views:	87 
Size:	398.2 KB 
ID:	393184  

Moderna booster yesterday after second Pfizer 6 months ago. W00zed out today.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Moderna booster yesterday after second Pfizer 6 months ago. W00zed out today.
    That's where I am today... just wiped out.

I got my booster yesterday too. Made it through 7 hours of my 10 hour work day on almost no sleep (thank god for WFH). I am totally dead.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I got my booster yesterday too. Made it through 7 hours of my 10 hour work day on almost no sleep (thank god for WFH). I am totally dead.
    Yeah - I couldn't sleep for shit last night... I called in sick for a 1/2 day.

I didn't sleep great after my booster last week. Not sure if that was the cause though.. No other symptoms, not sleepy, kinda wired is all..

A lot of old people in Portugal...probably has something to do with it...sort of like Italy.

Me four, got a Moderna booster yesterday. A client of mine with a medical background told me that taking two Tylenol after getting the shot seems to really help. I took his advice and I've got basically no side effects, coming up on 24hrs out.
    Last edited by JaytaeMoney; 11-18-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Me four, got a Moderna booster yesterday. A client of mine with a medical background told me that taking two Tylenol right after getting the shot seems to really help. I took his advice and I've got basically no side effects, coming up on 24hrs out.
    I thought that was not advised...that making your body not have an immune response makes the vaccine less effective. Is that no longer the case?

pfizer booster yesterday got me dead tired and wicked achy today.... been sleepin' bout 20 of the last 24 hours.

I thought that was not advised...that making your body not have an immune response makes the vaccine less effective. Is that no longer the case?
    I googled it to double check and plenty of sources say it's ok to take it after the shot. I think the issue is if you take it before getting the shot but I am not a doctor and had not heard that was ever not recommended so maybe I screwed the pooch on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Be really interested to see research on this when it comes out in the pandemic post-mortem.

I'm guessing geography and higher levels of trust in govt are positive factors for Aus because no land borders and closed air borders, gratuitous use of lockdowns, low population density overall and hotel quarantine from early on led to the completely unexpected elimination of Covid classic. But there's a lot more more to it than that because it all fell apart when Delta came into the picture.

Culturally, and this is anecdotal, I've found the southern European countries to be more family and community-centric than the north. Not necessarily friendlier though, Spain seems to produce heaps of angry people for some reason, whereas the Dutch are quite friendly and patient with slow pitch Aussie tourists, so maybe climate is part of the reason?
    more than culture is competence of government response and ability to depoliticize response. Thereks been some coverag3 of Portugal’s vaxx success and what they attribute it to.

I heard similar but recall the source(?) said it's OK to take the tylenol AFTER the ill effects have ramped up. Taking it BEFORE fools the vaccine by not ramping up enough to fight the nasty shit.... Edit.. Jaytae beat me to it...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I heard similar but recall the source(?) said it's OK to take the tylenol AFTER the ill effects have ramped up. Taking it BEFORE fools the vaccine by not ramping up enough to fight the nasty shit.... Edit.. Jaytae beat me to it...
    Yeah seems like if you want the most robust immune response possible, don't take any painkillers and take the side effects on the chin. But even if you take them before, the "dampening" effect is small and won't negate the vaccine or anything like that. They recommend that people who are taking NSAID's for other reasons keep taking them unless directed by their doc, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I googled it to double check and plenty of sources say it's ok to take it after the shot. I think the issue is if you take it before getting the shot but I am not a doctor and had not heard that was ever not recommended so maybe I screwed the pooch on that one.
    Ahh, thanks. Good to know.

Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory, unlike aspirin, motrin, naprosyn. (Whether taking any of these drugs before or after covid vaccine is good, bad, or doesn't matter I don't know.)

"Key Findings
    1. From September 4 through October 1, 2021:
    • Unvaccinated people were 13 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 than fully
    vaccinated people.
    • Unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated
    death than fully vaccinated people.

2. Vaccination had a strong protective effect on infections and deaths among people of all ages. The
    protective impact on infections was consistent across adult age groups and even greater in people
    ages 12 to 17 years. The protective impact on COVID-19 deaths, which was high for all age groups,
    varied more widely. In the September time frame, unvaccinated people in their 40s were 55 times
    more likely to die from COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated people of the same age.
    Unvaccinated people aged 75 years and older were 12 times more likely to die than their
    vaccinated counterparts.

3. Overall, regardless of vaccination status, people in Texas were four to five times more likely to
    become infected with COVID-19 or suffer a COVID-19-associated death while the Delta variant was
    prevalent in Texas (August 2021) compared with a period before the Delta variant became
    prevalent (April 2021)."
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    curious too
    My theory of bad healthcare system pushing people to vaxx is also.... mehhhh

Greece healthcare system is really bad and they are behind.
    It is so strange. But they are geographicaly more east. Almost turkey : ) by so many means : )

I dont get it.

Austria is in lockdown again. Now for unvaxxed.
    But next step is regional lockdown for all until 17.dezember and ease of restrictions for vaxxed by then : ) they are pushing the unvaxxed with social pressure.

Smart move 1 month no bars no shopping.... so if you get 1 shot in this month.... boom you allowed to go out again!