Page 370 of 929 FirstFirst ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 23206
    Read a comment from an LDS member that it was ‘interesting’ that LDS pushed this message directly to members rather than asking bishops to get the word out.

We live in a complex and interconnected world. Right now the focus is on COVID, but there are or will be other challenges that require us all to pull together for a community- and nation-wide solution. A shitty precedent is being set here as politicians realize they don’t necessarily need to lead on the tough questions but can instead just play along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    He has Patrick Roy's number, so he's probably a goalie.
    So at least he's ok w masks? (Goalies are idiots [/captainobvious])
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    A shitty precedent is being set here as politicians realize they don’t necessarily need to lead on the tough questions but can instead just play along.
    it ain’t a precedent, it’s how things work. Politicians are just one part of the “base” -> media (online/off) -> politician feedback loop of the political entertainment complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It goes back to my comments on respecting opinions. Do I think he is wrong, yes. Does he think I'm a liberal hippy, yes. Are we still friends, yes. Can I vent and make fun of him on the webs and feel slightly better about it, yes.
    Perhaps this is why I use conservative arguments when given the opportunity to have a friendly conversation with a conservative antivaxxer.

It’s ridiculous that Trumpco successfully weaponized this as a conservative ‘principle’. Growing up in PNW, the handful of antivaxxers I came in contact with were stinky hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Not surprising.

Neighbor across the street and my neighbor 2 houses down from me moved their families to Florida over the mask and lockdown stuff in WA.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I was talking to a couple of vaccinated christians last night who tells me this ^^ kind of thing is also up here just maybe not near as much,

told me about the whacko nut jobs he knows (like his brother with the 15000 rounds of ammo) seems to attract and he used those words,
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It’s ridiculous that Trumpco successfully weaponized this as a conservative ‘principle’. Growing up in PNW, the handful of antivaxxers I came in contact with were stinky hippies.
    it’s all tribal identity and has been for a decade. Unless you are a member of the tribe, what you say doesn’t matter. You could point at mtu’s small, shriveled covid limpdick the. point to the study’s about it he’d still not be convinced.

Read a comment from an LDS member that it was ‘interesting’ that LDS pushed this message directly to members rather than asking bishops to get the word out.

We live in a complex and interconnected world. Right now the focus is on COVID, but there are or will be other challenges that require us all to pull together for a community- and nation-wide solution. A shitty precedent is being set here as politicians realize they don’t necessarily need to lead on the tough questions but can instead just play along.
    What does the LDS say?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

In a letter to the general membership Thursday, the First Presidency of the church said, “We want to do all we can to limit the spread of these viruses. We know that protection from the diseases they cause can only be achieved by immunizing a very high percentage of the population.”

The letter goes on that the available vaccines have proven to be both safe and effective. Furthermore, the church leadership says to limit exposure to these viruses, they urge members to use face masks in public meetings whenever social distancing is not possible.

....and southern idaho goes catholic.

But which "Catholic"? The RC's are as divided as the country and the real conservatives who live in American Redoubt are nuttier than the average Fox viewer. Kind of like ISIS without the chopping off of heads in their beliefs.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    It’s amazing that you’ve made it this far with your terrible reading comprehension… you seem to be able to pick points and throw out outliers but can’t seem to counteract the point that these are not the people that are causing the “overwhelming strain” on the healthcare system. It’s the people in the video posted that aren’t in good health that are clogging up the system
    I think you’re the one who doesn’t get. You claimed healthy people aren’t going to get sick. Not true and they’re all clogging up the system. Young, healthy, fat, old and infirm. You just can’t see past the end of your nose. You’ve already proven that you’re too stupid to understand even the basics of this problem, remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    The RC's are as divided as the country and the real conservatives who live in American Redoubt are nuttier than the average Fox viewer. Kind of like ISIS without the chopping off of heads in their beliefs.
    Not anymore, anyway.

Maybe they'll join the Dutch Reformed Church.

https://slate.com/technology/2015/02...rm-church.html

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What does the LDS say?
    https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist...19-august-2021

Apparently the LDS sent out a bazillion emails to members

To protect our kids from COVID-19, we have to be grown-ups

“It is clear this fourth wave of COVID-19 will be the result of misinformation, under-vaccination and premature abandonment of public health mitigation strategies.

I have it heard it all before: that children are not as affected by COVID-19 as those with co-morbidities, that children can wear masks, that children will recover much more quickly, that children should not be subjected to vaccine experiments, that children will not die.

But these justifications are inadequate, and mortality is a crude outcome measure in pediatrics. What about the impact of disability, of potential trauma during medical care, on families and on mental health?

Preventable death and disability are not acceptable consequences. As the denominator of children with COVID-19 increases, so will the adverse outcomes – it’s simple but grim math. And those who could pay the biggest price will be our children. We need to step up and be the adults.“

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...Q3tndOdAOJuxbg

There used to be a time when people were open minded and could change their opinion on something without feeling like a total failure. They could have objective conversations and be friends with people with differing opinions.

That time was before selfies.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Neighbor across the street and my neighbor 2 houses down from me moved their families to Florida over the mask and lockdown stuff in WA.
    Lots of Florida and Texas buyers here in Whatcom County. The country is self-segregating along political lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    A couple we're friends with had their 11 yr/old who has asthma, vaccinated at the site at the state capitol a few month ago. Their pediatrician recommended it to them because, at the time, they didn't check birthdates and the risk was so great with asthma that in his opinion it was worth it vs. potentially getting the rona. I'm being Montuckey'esq with my one offs but thought it interesting.
    Took my 17 year old for shots at two different locations, back in April and early May when only 16+ was approved. She didn't have her driver's license yet so brought her passport as proof of age but no one asked for it.

Wife is on a pretty powerful arthritis medication and her doctor told her to get the third dose. She has an appt to get it yet tonight.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist...19-august-2021

Apparently the LDS sent out a bazillion emails to members
    It’s a bit late 🙄
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    It’s a bit late ��
    better late than never I say. There's a lot of mormon hold outs so hoping the church leaders/prophets or whatever they call themselves have some sway over their sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    better late than never I say.
    Except if you are using pulling out as your birth control.

better late than never I say. There's a lot of mormon hold outs so hoping the church leaders/prophets or whatever they call themselves have some sway over their sheeple.
    Seems like lots of Mormons voicing semiheretical thoughts about personal guidance today.

Skeptical. They went down the rabbit hole with the orange fuck. Cultists doubled down hard.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Correct. Good family, good kids. But very much in lockstep with Tucker and the gang.
    I keep hearing this from people. Just because people come across as nice superficially doesn’t mean anything. It’s one’s actions that count. We live in a society and have basic obligations to our fellow citizens. We have to trust the experts that have put in the time to be able to make these recommendations. If we can’t do that, I’m not sure there’s any hope.