Page 287 of 929 FirstFirst ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 23206
    Something that is also driving me crazy at work is that duh "individualists" worshiping at the altar of Ayn fucking Rand, when they actually get sick enough from SARS CoV2 for hospitalization, fully expect to be treated (as they should be and are) and subsequently inevitably use up tremendous resources.

And yes, it can be a zero sum game in a sense as some cancer patient with non-COVID19 sepsis who cannot get an ICU bed because they're all filled up with dumbfuckistan freedumbz lozers can die unnecessarily.

Not to mention the costs. The interventions ain't cheap, as you can imagine. Tocilizumab, remdesivir, round-the-clock-nursing and monitoring, you name it, it tallies up amazingly. Stupid shits don't care whether it's paid by insurance or Medicaid (which an increasing number of younger vax- and facemask-deniers are relying on, at least IME) but we all pay.

We all pay societally. Ironic for the Rand fucking Paul "don't socialize me bro" crowd. Joke is on us all.

Not to mention the burnout of hospital staff, including highly trained and motivated critical care nursing.

So yeah, fuck you ronjon and fuck you Core Shit. Really, go fuck yourselves with a sharpened 2x4.

California state employees will soon be required to be vaccinated or tested weekly. San Jose Unified School District just announced vax requirement or twice weekly testing. Google will be requiring vaccinations to return to the office. Nice to see the vax requirement ball start rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Your chart and stats support the base rate fallacy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    California state employees will soon be required to be vaccinated or tested weekly. San Jose Unified School District just announced vax requirement or twice weekly testing. Google will be requiring vaccinations to return to the office. Nice to see the vax requirement ball start rolling.
    CalState’s too for all staff and students

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Nice to see the vax requirement ball start rolling.
    Yes, and it’s about to snowball down a steep hill.
    Facebook added their name to the list too, tomorrow federal workers and contractors.

It’s about to get real interesting again.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Don't you think most of them will just STFU and get vaxed? I tend to think with paychecks and schooling and everything they want to do at stake they'll eat it. France has a lot of vax skepticism but they've gone to vax mandates--I'm aware this isn't France, but I tend to think (OK, hope) most of these people will cave and further isolate the hold-outs, which will then reduce their numbers...and when the Trumptards aren't able to get any political mileage out of it covid vaccine requirements will be no more controversial than MMR etc.
    [quote][//quote]

Yukon woman facing long rehab after coma urges everyone to get COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...tion-1.6120067

A Yukon woman who spent weeks fighting for her life against COVID-19 is encouraging others to do what she did not: get vaccinated.

Lisa Anderson, 40, spent weeks in a coma and regained consciousness just a couple of weeks ago. She's still recovering in hospital in Vancouver and expects it will be months yet before she can return home.

"When my body is well enough, I'm going to move over to the rehabilitation centre next door and have intense physical therapy to try to get my legs working again," she said

"I felt that it wasn't fully researched enough, like it didn't have enough time to see the total outcome and effects of it. And I know that there's a lot of people that had very adverse side effects, including deaths from the vaccine," she said.

"If I knew then what I know now, I definitely would have taken my chances with the vaccine than having to go through this,"

"I'm going to have permanent lung damage ... from both the ventilator and from what COVID did to me, and I can possibly be on oxygen for an extended period of time," she said.

"So it's just, it's not worth it. I would encourage them to strongly consider being vaccinated."

#justaflu
    #dontworrytakeyourchances

I have to deal with anti vax stupidity on a daily basis in my small town. Well whatever fuck them right...except I finally am headed back to see my my parents for first time in almost 2 yrs. My dad has a rare form of Parkinson's coupled with Alzheimer's and in this time has declined steadily and has been placed in a memory care unit. 2 days ago(day before I leave) a "friend" and coworker of my wife who has actually gone to DC to talk about mis-information/media bullshit(also cheered for the capital insurrection) tested positive for covid. Obviously hadnt gotten a vax. I was livid even though my wife and I are both vaxxed. Luckily tests came back neg. You want to not get jabbed because of whatever reasons fine but dont be around me and possibly ruin one of my only chances to see my father before he passes or doesnt remember who I am. I have been pretty chill about it but I had to walk away from someone the other day when they wouldnt shut up about how no one wants to work and covid isnt even that bad...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Don't you think most of them will just STFU and get vaxed? I tend to think with paychecks and schooling and everything they want to do at stake they'll eat it. France has a lot of vax skepticism but they've gone to vax mandates--I'm aware this isn't France, but I tend to think (OK, hope) most of these people will cave and further isolate the hold-outs, which will then reduce their numbers...and when the Trumptards aren't able to get any political mileage out of it covid vaccine requirements will be no more controversial than MMR etc.
    Rally cry for 2022 and 2024 dude. These people aren’t going away.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    The point was to show that the idea that vaccine induced immunity was better than infection was wrong.

Less than 1% of of new cases in the sample were from people infected previously. Is it really worth trying to improve on 99% immunity with the side effect profile of these vaccines? And it's clear that whatever benefits the vaccine provides diminish over time.

This does not appear to be the case long term based on the data coming out of Israel.
    I’d love to see your math on how you arrived at 99% efficacy for previous infection based on the available data. Please tell! I think there’s another Nobel Prize here for the Ron Johnson efficacy formula!

To summarize the positions Ron is taking here, the vaccine is not effective, previous infection is approx 6x more effective than vaccination, yet previous infection is 99% effective! Ron discovered new math everyone!

To your second point, umm, the vaccines still have wayyy lower rates of transmission and are effective. The lowest reporting has still shown the vaccine is 39% effective at infection and much much higher than that for severe cases. Again, let’s show some sources for the Nobel committee here, just how did you arrive at the conclusion that transmission rates are not lower in the vaccinated vs unvaccinated populations?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    just how did you arrive at the conclusion that transmission rates are not lower in the vaccinated vs unvaccinated populations?
    Well, he had an unlinked graph and a chart (or was it a table?) one of which had almost 5 days worth of data from which to draw daring conclusions so it's pretty much settled law. QED.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Well, he had an unlinked graph and a chart (or was it a table?) one of which had almost 5 days worth of data from which to draw daring conclusions so it's pretty much settled law. QED.
    He’s had a lot of trouble understanding basic concepts before yet he’s so convinced he’s smarter than all those elitist PhDs.

Anyone capable of writing his own posts but genuinely that bad at basic logic and math must be as rare as a ripe huckleberry wrapped in a unicorn turd.

The guy's faking. Probably a sock puppet.

At this point every one of us has the right to not be exposed to an unvaccinated person. I expect my government to do whatever is necessary to keep unvaccinated people away from me. Maybe we can take the people who make us take our shoes in airports and reassign them to checking vaccination records everywhere. Hell, the terrorists have given up trying to hijack or blow up airplanes. They're just sitting back while we destroy ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The guy's faking. Probably a sock puppet.
    To what end? If he's faking it, then he's making the antivaxxers and antimaskers look very stupid. Then CS hangs on his posts (or maybe he's posting to himself) and it becomes a cycle of two idiots congratulating each other on their idiocy. Again, to what end? Other than making fools of themselves what is the point?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

See the climate change thread. It is about throwing as much disinformation as possible. It always comes full circle and they'll start over with the same lies and deceit. Engaging plays into their hand.

The end game is the destruction of America as a free and Democratic country.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Do you all know if we your counties are contact tracing? I know that Nevada county is not, and this is currently becoming a growing problem.

I spoke to a friend today in Leon county today who just had a local friend get contacted by his county as a part of contact tracing for a contact/ exposure from 3 weeks ago, ie it was too late!

“People will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people’s minds.” – Frank Zappa

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I have to deal with anti vax stupidity on a daily basis in my small town. Well whatever fuck them right...except I finally am headed back to see my my parents for first time in almost 2 yrs. My dad has a rare form of Parkinson's coupled with Alzheimer's and in this time has declined steadily and has been placed in a memory care unit. 2 days ago(day before I leave) a "friend" and coworker of my wife who has actually gone to DC to talk about mis-information/media bullshit(also cheered for the capital insurrection) tested positive for covid. Obviously hadnt gotten a vax. I was livid even though my wife and I are both vaxxed. Luckily tests came back neg. You want to not get jabbed because of whatever reasons fine but dont be around me and possibly ruin one of my only chances to see my father before he passes or doesnt remember who I am. I have been pretty chill about it but I had to walk away from someone the other day when they wouldnt shut up about how no one wants to work and covid isnt even that bad...

vibes fer yer pops sent
    been dealing with my dads heath and mental issues all summer
    hope ya git to go see him and we git to fish again next summer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Vibes for your Dad.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

People can't heed Jer's words. They need to own their fail. https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/healt...uri/index.html

Choose one:

A) get covid and .68% chance of death.
    B) get vaccinated and 0.00082% chance of dying from vaccine.

https://covid-101.org/science/whats-...-get-covid-19/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34055843/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

"I was livid even though my wife and I are both vaxxed."

Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they were vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    “People will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people’s minds.” – Frank Zappa
    Are you suggesting that you are closed minded and willfully ignorant? Progress, you’re on your way to being self aware

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    "I was livid even though my wife and I are both vaxxed."

Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they were vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated.
    Or, get infected from an unvaccinated cretin, don’t get sick and pass it on to your immunocomprimised loved one who then dies.

That’s what you meant isn’t it?